[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crisis on Infinite Storytimes Pt 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 172
it continues
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79115513
Perez draws best Starfire.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Question for those alive when COIE was just being released. What was the hype like? Was there even any hype?
>>
>>
>>79115682
Just slightly before my time unfortunately. Death of Superman was my inaugural DC event...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79115682
I've seen a few snippets of archived Usenet posts, it seems to have been very controversial, not unlike the New 52 is now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79115801
>bye bye continuity
I can imagine.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79116101
Bump
>>
>>
>>
>>79116118
thank ya kind anon
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I just realized the whole "attack the enemy fortress and a hero dies there" trope has been going on and on for decades now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79115682
>>79115722
Oldanon here and I can say that COIE was a full sized shockwave in the comic book world. It really was the first event comic that affected every single character and title that DC.

On top of that its pretty awesome that this book still stands out during a time where comics were breaking out into the mainstream. During the time of COIE you had Miller on Daredevil, Ronin and The Dark Knight Returns, Byrne on FF and Superman after COIE, Eastman and Laird doing TNMT and the black and white comic explosion that it created, and of course Alan fucking Moore during this time he was on Swamp Thing and did both "The man who has Everything" And "The Last Superman Story" and on to Watchmen then hating DC forever.

It was a good time to be a Comic Book Fan

Back to COIE oh yeah people freaked out but how could you go wrong when you have Wolfman, Perez and the great Ordway inking Perez. (As good as a penciller and writer Jerry Ordway is I think he is a God like Inker)

COIE still stands up with great art and writing to me. Wolfman and Perez have never been better. ( although JLA/Avengers gives it a rung for the money as the best work Perez has done)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
i'm loosing steam
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79117113
Go to bed for yourself! Appreciate you posting all this bro.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79117236
I'm gonna get through #10 at least, and maybe leave #11, #12 and both parts of the history of the DC universe for tomorrow
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Last issue for tonight. Thought I could do it all. I can't.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Conclusion sometime in the next 24 hours. sleep time for me.
>>
Phantom Lady is my waifu.
>>
>>79117736
But you were just getting to the best part!
>>
>>79117605
Infinite Crisis should've left this stuff alone.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 172

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.