[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crisis on Infinite Storytimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 106
The original event. The best event.
Crisis on Infinite Earths

IT BEGINS - Part 1 of 3
>>
>>
suck it Ribic
>>
Being the first one doesn't make it the best, although it does have the best Tie-In
>>
>>
>>79113359

I love this first page so much.

SO MUCH.
>>
>>
>>79113382
Oh I wasn't saying one followed from the other. I think it's the best though.
>>
>>79113403
Perez's layouts are pristine. delicious even.
>>
>>79113449
source: every page I've posted so far.
>>
>>
>Harbinger
If you've read Multiversity but never read this...now you know.
>>
>>
>>
>>
wasnt contest of champions and the good secret wars first?
>>
>>
>>
>>79113551
You are right. shoulda checked my memory against the actual dates.
>>
>>
>>
>>79113593
well the only good secret wars was only first because it took dc so long for a guy to read every comic up to that point.
>>
>>79113432
I know I was being a tad snarky because I don't agree with this being a good comic
>>
>>79113636
needlessly dense and "epic?

>she slides across the page in to panel 5
>>
>>
>>79113663
>needlessly dense and "epic?
that's final crisis.
>>
>>
>>79113663
It has a couple really good stand out moments but I honestly don't think there is enough stuff here for 12 issues so it sags really bad.
>>
>>79113719
I like the pace a lot. I think it's fine for "the end of everything." I don't disagree that it can be a bit...lumbering though.

>>79113682
final crisis is somehow dense and sparse at the exact same time.
>>
>>
>>79113747
>final crisis is somehow dense and sparse at the exact same time.
because a lot of the stuff doesn't matter like those japanese kids, or checkmate and german supergirl.
>>
>>79113719
I'll be honest though, I haven't read it in one sitting in a looooooong time.
>>
Also I am not a big Perez fan of any stripe so half the book is kinda flat.
>>
>>79113782
I liked the japanese teen team. German supergirl is hilariously under-explored.
>>
It's a dense read but I love it. Thoroughly enjoyable.
>>
>>
>>
>>79113810
>I liked the japanese teen team
they just really didn't matter at all was the problem. which is why the release order for the crisi also reflects my enjyment of them
>>
One day i'll read a bunch of pre-Crisis DC and it'll make this comic that much more enjoyable.
>>
>>
>>79113860
this is a great gateway in to that era. I would have never looked in to Haunted Tank or Kamandi if not for this.
>>
>>79113782
They were just incidental details to add flavor to the world, I actually quite liked the pace and structure of FC I just wish Mahnke had drawn all of it.
>>
>>
>>79113904
>I wish Mahnke had drawn...
always true.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Joker pissing his pants when he might have to contend with actual super powers
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79113894
Agreed, i wasn't too aware of the WW2 and western characters DC had when i first read this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>79114224
>WW2 and Western
Speaking of...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>the brainiac pages
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
For some reason I just really like Pariah.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
End of part 1
>>
Part 2
>>79115267
>>
>>79115280
Thanks ooba
>>
>>79113382
Which one? I've only ever read the main issues
>>
>>79114074
I like the meta level of this page, about how different heroes have "jurisdiction" over various aspects of the universe so that it all makes sense.
>>
>>79113345
George Perez is my favorite artist.
>>
page 10 bump
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.