[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtually omnipotent supergenius with no definable limits or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
Virtually omnipotent supergenius with no definable limits or weaknesses.

He's black, though, so you can't say anything bad about him.

Didn't we get rid of the Sentry because he was stupidly OP and nobody knew what to do with him?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>79090236
Yeah but Adam is helping to permanently solve overpowered stupid bullshit because I guess Reed Richards was a big dumbdumb and didn't think of that before

So just as long as he doesn't become an asshole, he's okay.
>>
>>79090236
The adam series was pretty fun, but it's pretty pathetic how many supermen and batman marvel has.
>>
>>79090236
Don't forget that he has an undersea science fortress and is best friends with Namor.

Why is he getting a push when so many good characters are stuck in limbo?
>>
>>79090282
Well I suppose he might be a big bad in some future bullshit event.
And they'll kill him by dropping a hellicarrier.
>>
>>79090313
>Superman is the only superhero
>Batman is the only vigilante
>>
So how many Superman knock-offs do Marvel have now? 10? Talk about an inferiority complex.
>>
>>79090236
Obviously Kevin Grevioux's literal Gary Stu.

Hyperion is the superior Marvel Superman.
>>
>>79090321
Reed is gone and we need a man to take his place.
>>
>>79090329
>kill him by dropping a hellicarrier.
He's strong enough to lift one

And he doesn't really get hurt
>>
>>79090345
Blue Marvel, Sentry, Hyperion, Gladiator, Virtue all come to mind. There's probably a few more obscure ones.
>>
>>79090345
And Superman is just a ripoff of Hercules or something anyhow

Fuck off with your DC bullshit
>>
>>79090367
>And he doesn't really get hurt

Void was BTFO by one
>>
>>79090404
Ripoff of novel Gladiator, actually.
>>
>>79090404
You can't be this insecure.
>>
>>79090428
Marvel Comics entire editorial staff is that insecure.
>>
>>79090428
I'm not the one going into Marvel threads going "BUT MUH SUPERMAN! THEY'VE STOLEN THE MOST ORIGINAL GUY!"

I know you're mad about being behind in sales numbers, but quit fucking projecting
>>
>>79090236
His backstory is pure crap, he was literally fawned over by everyone till they found out he was black. Also, come on now... we already have the most decently powered Superman clone in Hyperion we right now, we don't need Black Marvel.
>>
>>79090236
His smugness so far in ultimates has me expecting things to blow up in his face eventually.
>>
>>79090236
funnily enough he's not even the most powerful member of the Ultimates

and shit's going to bite him in the ass in Ultimates
>>
>>79090471
>His backstory is pure crap, he was literally fawned over by everyone till they found out he was black.
Which was back in the 50s where people would have been freaked out about that. Add in the fact that this is in the Marvel Universe where people shit on heroes even after being rescued, their reaction to his blackness makes perfect sense.
>>
> people legitimately have a problem with him because he is black
>>
>>79090938
>Which was back in the 50s where people would have been freaked out about that. Add in the fact that this is in the Marvel Universe where people shit on heroes even after being rescued, their reaction to his blackness makes perfect sense.

It was the 60s
>>
>>79090404
>And Superman is just a ripoff of Hercules or something anyhow
>a rip off of hercules
doubt it. Hercules is far to violent to be condiderd an insperation for superman, more likely an insperation for the hulk. If it was anyone who inspired superman, it was john carter.
>>
>>79090972
You are right, it was the 60s, because JFK was forced to tell him to give it up being a superhero. Of course he just became a Doc Savage expy then.
>>
>>79090418
sentry wanted to die though. His half self fought void as well.
>>
>>79091026
>more likely an inspiration for the hulk
Hulk was inspired by Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, and the monster comics that Marvel used to do.
>>
>>79090236
We got rid of the Sentry because his character arc ended. Bendis brought him back for his ingenious Kafka-esque Citizen-Kane-of-comics Avengers epic, and it concluded. No More Sentry.
Blue Marvel has no such raison detre. He exists because minorities exist. he'll go when a race war wipes them all out. :^)
>>
>>79090418
Void was stunned for less than a minute by one , I think you mean.
>>
>>79090321
Shut up, the more Marvel pushes existing black characters, the less they'll ruin the ones we actually like.
>>
>>79091239
To this day I don't understand why /co/ wants Monica Rambeau to get Carol's Captain Marvel push, for this very reason.
You all WANT her to get mind-wiped and bear no resemblance to the character you like?
>>
>>79091422
>You all WANT her to get mind-wiped and bear no resemblance to the character you like?
That already happened. Most of these people that like Monica only cared about Nextwave Monica which she wasn't in any appearance outside of Nextwave for years until near the end of Mighty Avengers.

Also most of /co/ really don't care about Monica, they just hate Carol Danvers and would accept any replacement.
>>
>>79091026
>John Carter
>not violent
Confirmed for never having read ERB in your life.
>>
File: tiwiuu78.png (900 KB, 920x556) Image search: [Google]
tiwiuu78.png
900 KB, 920x556
>>79090236
>He's black, though, so you can't say anything bad about him.
You're salty because a C-list black character has been in a couple issues of some team books while white characters literally dominate superhero culture?

Do I even have to tell you how gay you are?
>>
>>79092196
So you're saying he can't say anything bad about him because he's black?
>>
>>79092246
He said something bad about him in the OP where he was triggered that he even exists, which at first glance has nothing to do with race ostensibly, but the fact that he follows up with a redundancy about how he's somehow critically untouchable because of his race clearly means either that's not true or he's an insanely insecure fuckboy.

I'd have been amenable to his complaints if it wasn't baited. Other than the fact that he's not really omnipotent, not any more than any other superman analogs.
>>
File: 1400882727394.jpg (1 MB, 2996x1655) Image search: [Google]
1400882727394.jpg
1 MB, 2996x1655
>>79090345
>>
>>79092696
>not any more than any other superman analogs
Under Ewing, he's more of a superpowered Doc Savage than a Superman expie.
>>
>>79090321
He was friends with the watcher, his one son is a super genius and his other son is beyonder tier.
>>
>>79090236
He's around because Ewing likes him.
>>
>I want to do story about [character]!
>[character] is not available
>I'll just create an expy
>New character hangs around after the end of the story with no purpose for no discernible reason

Why is that so common? Not only with Superman and Batman, but stuff like Spider-Woman/Jessica Jones too.
>>
>>Being racist against imaginary people.

Jesus Christ when will you people die off?

It's 2016. This level of retardation is unacceptable.
>>
File: 1409095705252.jpg (168 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1409095705252.jpg
168 KB, 1016x970
>>79095392

>It's 2016

CURRENT YEAR
U
R
R
E
N
T

Y
E
A
R
>>
>>79094863
i remember The Statesman, he could shoot lightning bolts.
>>
>>79094863
what the hell is that mary marvel costume
>>
>>79095084
Really? This fucking guy is like an Anime shonen character.
>>
>>79096995
Not sure DESU, but I googled Mary Marvel and saw it in more than one picture, so it must have actually been used at some point.
>>
>>79095449
It's 1986 Patty we can fuck who we waaaaaaaaaaææænt
>>
>>79097124
She looks like a little girl with her titties hanging out of her apron
>>
>>79090465
Look how assmad you got. Chill. It's comics.
>>
>>79090313
This. I was actually really good. I enjoyed it. Was sad to him put on the shelf afterwards.

But-- as much as I like him.

>For the US government to be so aware of the Blue Marvel's power level, how powerful is he? Grevioux: "I will say stronger than Superman, weaker than Thor."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17381
>>
>>79097272
I'm pretty sure grevioux corrected himself and said he was on the same tier as thor, hulk, cap marvel MM and superman.
>>
>>79090938
This. I don't get why people complain about his origin. The dialogue and narration were all horribly written, but the high concept and overall plot is great.
>>
>>79090236
Hes an OC that didn't take up an existing characters mantle and is off having his own adventurers in his own book that can be ignored. Because the book hasn't been out long benefit of the doubt can be given that his team is going to fuck up sooner or later with their unique ideas.

Sentry's problem was that he was OP as fuck and stuck on Marvel earth. A problem that would have been easily solved by throwing him in space which is what they did with Marvel. Sentry also developed the problem of doing everything in the MCU from stopping Galactus to taking Rogue's cherry. BM really hasn't done that

Only gripe with BM was his backhistory as it was Sentry minus the silver age mind wipe.
>>
>>79094863
Some of these don't make much sense. How does WonderMan count? He is just a flying brick with energy projection. Might as well add the other Marvels.
>>
>>79094863

>not CAPTAIN ATOM
>LITERALLY ATOMIC SUPERMAN
>>
File: 1388257225765.jpg (28 KB, 238x135) Image search: [Google]
1388257225765.jpg
28 KB, 238x135
>>79090321
>getting a push
>literally only one writer uses him and only in a single comic
>>
>>79090236
Missed one key point Anon: Sentry was fucking crazy and his logical conclusion was to either be permanently killed (which his powerset dosen't allow for) or to go fuck off somewhere else.

Also Blue Marvel is bloody great in Mighty Avengers and ANAD Ultimates.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.