[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Inhumans shilling has gotten out of hand. I know Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-52-06.png (4 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-52-06.png
4 MB, 1440x2560
This Inhumans shilling has gotten out of hand.

I know Marvel has constantly given Inhumans #1 away for free, but they actually inserted the entire first issue into Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1.

It was okay when they did it with Agents of SHIELD, because the show really did need an overnight way of having superheroes suddenly appear everywhere, but Marvel seems to only be focused now on "fuck X-Men, you like Inhumans now".
>>
>>79066150
I was always against /co/'s and the rest of the internet's idea to give the X-Men their own universe.

But now, it almost seems like the only way to still get X-Men stories without Marvel treating them second-rate
>>
>>79066176
>I was always against /co/'s and the rest of the internet's idea to give the X-Men their own universe.
Pros and cons of X-Men having their own universe? We'll lose Beast and Wonder Man being friends, what?
>>
>>79066190
I guess the major con is losing the relationships between X-Men and non X-Men characters. And their are a lot of them.

But the major pro is at least it won't constantly be about Inhumans/every other character vs. X-Men anymore and we can focus on actual stories about X-Men.

The only reason Marvel hasn't done it is probably because Deadpool is such a money maker for them. Because I can't think of any other reason, seeing as the screw the X-Men over specifically with each new event.
>>
>>79066270
The reason why Marvel hasn't done it is because they aren't stupid. X-Men as part of 'the story that counts' will never stop giving them money. Alternate universes are a waste and much more if it's about a franchise they despise now. It wouldn't last a year.

Besides we all know that 'actual stories about the X-Men' is just a way to say more Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean shit.
>>
>>79066150
I totally agree anon
>>
>>79066150

Well the Inhumans titles and events still have yet to become bestsellers. Marvel keep trying and trying but nobody gives a shit about something that's been on Agents of SHIELD only. Until Inhumans get a movie, and it does well, they can shill until they're blue in the face.
>>
>>79066150
HOUSE OF IDEAS
O
U
S
E

O
F

I
D
E
A
S
>>
>>79066571
Come to think of it, is Ms. Marvel the only non-movie character that's book is selling well?
>>
File: 1452100787180.png (294 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
1452100787180.png
294 KB, 440x500
>>79066150
Chill out with all that salt, they are just trying to save their investment. It's not hurting you and the x-men were never in danger of being replaced. The is no way the inhumans were going to outsell them with two years of pushing when the avengers couldn't with five years, several events, and a movie. There is not point in bitching about them trying to sell comics.
>>
>>79066600

The only one who doesn't have an MCU movie? Yeah I think so.
>>
Can someone tell me wtf an inhuman IS? They exist in the No More Mutants universe, right? What are they? A human genetic mutation that is so wildly varied from normal humans that Wanda's decry doesn't prevent them from coming into existence, because they are NOT human at all and thus not mutants? What sets them apart from mutants? Is Squirrel Girl an inhuman, or is her mom just really gullible/in denial (Doc said Doreen was not a mutant)?
>>
>>79066600
She is selling 40k just like uncanny inhumans.
>>
>>79066651
Space aliens.
>>
>>79066651

"Mutant" in the Marvel Universe refers to humans who bear the X-Gene, a specific gene implanted into ancient humanity by the Celestials as part of their constant universal experimentation. This single gene somehow magically can give you any power imaginable. Don't ask how.

Inhumans are a more recent experiment (about 10,000 BC) by the alien Kree, who wanted to see if humanity fused with Kree genes could breed a powerful slave race for them to harvest and use as fodder against the Skrulls. Inhumans unlock their powers by undergoing terrigenesis, where they're exposed to a mutagenic mist which unlocks their potential power. Many end up deformed as a result. Traditionally the Inhumans have lived in isolation in their city of Attilan, but recently a bunch of people worldwide were revealed to have Inhuman ancestry and had their powers activated by terrigenesis. The most famous example of this is Kamala Khan.
>>
>>79066651
Inhumans are the result of kree experimentation, and their powers are from the terrigen mist which they made themselves. Wanda's spell only worked on mutants and nothing else. Squirrel girl is what ever they decide because we don't know yet. unlike the x-gen the inhuman genetics won't randomly pop up everywhere.
>>
>>79066637
I think everyone is paranoic and how blame them, 70% of x-men have been shit and the x-men just entered a "no more mutants" fase again.

While the inhumans are all happy and dandy in the comics or atleast that is what i have seen since ANAD started
>>
>>79066637
That Rocafort art?
>>
>>79066150
It's not just the digital trade, both the physical trade and actual issue had Inhuman's #1 in it. At least they didn't use it to raise the price.

Smart move, really. There was no way both a Spider-Man #1 and the return of Peter Parker wouldn't sell hundreds of thousands of copies.
>>
Is the Inhumans book any good?
>>
>>79066881
I like all new inhumans but just because Naja is in there, she is one of my waifus
>>
>>79066881

It has best girl Crystal in it.
>>
>>79066906
So it's not bad or anything? I'm usually more of a DC guy but I'm not all company wars and the character designs kinda attract me.

Then again I've been fooled before.
>>
>>79066691
Them again?? Godammit.
>>79066715
Oh. Wow...inhumans suck ass. They sound really boring. Is this just some lame way to pit powered people against each other? "We may have powers normal people don't have, but at least we're not stinkin' MUTIES!! Let's kill the muties!!"
>>
Black Bolt seems like an interesting character and I like the space royalty thing they've got going on but I was wondering what immediate Inhumans books and stories would you recommend?
>>
>>79066978

There's a single issue of it so far, you could read it and find out and then you'd know as much as any of us.
>>
>>79066992
>Black Bolt
>royalty
Shill harder.
>>
File: 0031100b.jpg (184 KB, 1193x917) Image search: [Google]
0031100b.jpg
184 KB, 1193x917
>>79066992
>>
>>79066339
Yeah, their most successful alternate universe was just finally laid to rest last year, I don't think they're in a rush to start a new one that probably wouldn't even be successful, centered around characters they're already not wanting to use as much because they don't have the film rights. I think they'd cut the X-Men from their lineup entirely before that would happen.
>>
>>79067081

They just did exactly that with the Fantastic Four, so I agree with you there
>>
>>79067045
Oh shit, I thought there were a lot of them.

This is highly useful info, anon. Thanks.
>>
>>79066881
ms.marvel is good if you like cute girls doing cute things
karnak looked great but it is forever delayed
all new inhumans is good
ucanny inhumans is good if you are already are into the inhumans and worthless if you aren't. I feel things like Medusa with johnny, or going into the inhuman's past, or Ahura would lose all impact if you were not already an inhumanfag.
Moon girl and devil dinosaur is meh
>>
File: naja.jpg (65 KB, 380x348) Image search: [Google]
naja.jpg
65 KB, 380x348
>>79067045
There are two issues out anon and a third next week
>>
>>79066150
X-Fags are so insecure.
>>
File: Crystal.jpg (24 KB, 282x640) Image search: [Google]
Crystal.jpg
24 KB, 282x640
Now that she's sporting dyke hair, will Crystal's love interest in ANI be a woman? Would fit the whole DIVERSITY thing Marvel keeps doing.
>>
>>79066992
If space royalty is your game, then you should focus on this>>79067056 silent war, the secret invasion mini, war of kings, and realm of kings. Also the graphic novel, then you are pretty much down because only those hit the monarchy stuff hard.
>>
>>79066150
pushing the inhumans is fine. It's a group of characters they own which has not been used much. There's no probelm with trying to give them more exposure.
The problem is that they're trying to trying to use them to substitute a beloved property, the x-men, and doing so by shitting on the x-men while promoting the inhumans.
>>
>>79066802
you are paranoid that marvel is trying to sheve the x-men.
But you haven't considered a worse option. Marvel actually thinks those ae good stories for the x-men. That marvel thinks "mutants are on the brink of extintion" is what x-men readers want.
>>
>>79066715
traditionally the inhuman phisiology superstrenght and shit was due to the kree experiments, while the extra powers was due to the mists unlocking the x-gene
>>79066986
they were typically a different thing. an isolationist society living on the moon separated from all other humans.
>>
>>79067437
Well, my thinking is that Marvel gives zero fucks about X-Men, will shill Inhumans and publishes X-books simply because there are X-fags that buy anything with X on cover.
About your "mutants are on the brink of extinction", that's status quo and it must be protected. Did we have Utopia era when everything seemed better? We did. Now is time for Decimation again.
>>
>>79067437
That is possible, they think hero vs hero is good.
>>
>>79067437
If that is the case how did everything go wrong ?
>>
>>79067538
>Marvel gives zero fucks about X-Men, will shill Inhumans and publishes X-books simply because there are X-fags that buy anything with X on cover.
oh I agree that, I just think that using the inhumans to antagonize the x-fans is a terrible way to push them

>mutants are on the brink of extinction", that's status quo and it must be protected
it started being the status quo only from no more mutants. So it's what, 10 years give or take?
Muties not being on the brink of extinction has been the status quo for 40 years before that.
That's also why it had such an impact. the x-men had been fighting against guys who wanted to make the muties go extinct and winning for decades, and then suddenly it happens and it's a mutant who caused it and they didn't even have the chance to do anything
>>
>>79067541
>hero vs hero sells, that's all that matters to them.
x-men have been losing readers for years
>>
>>79067676
I blame characterfags, all new x-factor was the best x-book in 2014 and sold the worst.
>>
The biggest problem about the new Inhumans books is Medusa. She's probably one of the most boring characters to focus so much time on. There's a reason why All New Inhumans feels so much better compared to the previous Inhumans book, and it's lack of her.
>>
>>79066810
Yep, ANAD Ultimates #3.
>>
>>79067631
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted X-fags to buy Inhuman books.
And yeah, Cyclops did something terrible off-panel but, you know, everything is as usual, nobody with name is killed and stuff like that.
>>
>>79067676
The statement wasn't sales it was about what they think are good stories. Right now they think cancer thor, and quip iron man are good stories.
>>
>>79067631
>Muties not being on the brink of extinction has been the status quo for 40 years before that.

In fact, the status quo for X-Men from 63 up until House of M was "mutants are the new species and Homo sapiens will go extinct eventually". That's why M-Day was such a huge deal, it changed the (predicted) way evolution would go on marvel earth.

In the real world of course evolution is non-deterministic, but bear with me. Marvel science has little to do with real science, especially when they go into evolution or genetics.
>>
>>79067824
i was saying that they don't think they are good stories, they think they are stories that sell
>>79067813
of coure they want x-fags to buy inhuman books.
But the way they are going about it is just making x-fags despise the inhumans
>>79067835
yes, and people wanting to make the mutants go extinct were among their enemies. That way the x-men could win, like all superheroes are supposed to, by maintaining theirsacred status quo.
they've now made a new status quo where the x-men must lose for the status quo to be maintained. Of course in such a situation people won't like x-books anymore and jump off them
>>
>>79066150
>has gotten out of hand
>bitching about something they did 2 years ago
>>
>>79067813
Yes they want x-fags to buy inhuman books they make upa huge portion of comicbook buyers it is no different then when logan or spidey do crossovers. They are trying to bring those fans to other books. In my experience x-fags more than any other fanbase are the types to only read books associated with that property. However putting them at odds with mutants and having them "kill" Scott is not going to help. Even without all the replacement shit it would have left a bad taste in x-fag mouths.
>>
>>79067998
>of coure they want x-fags to buy inhuman books.
>But the way they are going about it is just making x-fags despise the inhumans
Tbh with you, I'll buy anything that has Scemma.
>>79068178
Would it kill them to make Unity book, but with muggas and alien scum? Six members, Scott, Emma, BB, Medusa plus one extra mutant and Inhuman that will rotate after each arc. Voila, no company wars.
>>
I wouldn't even pirate the shit.

I may be one of the few, but Marvel's attitude toward the X-Men has turned me off all of their other shit. I don't watch the little corny comedy movies anymore (fell asleep pirating Age of Quiptron), I don't play the games that don't have X-Men and I don't read the shitty MCU character comics. They're all written by Hack Bendis anyway.

I actually had middling interest in Kamala but I'm never paying for that shit again until the war against the X-Men is over.

I am buying the X-books though.
>>
>>79068321
Uncanny avengers is the unity book.
>>
>>79068480
That means we can't have more unity books? Welp, lets cancel all Avengers titles, we can live with one team.
>>
>>79068500
>Would it kill them to make Unity book
I'm not saying there can't be more than one but you made it sound like you didn't know there was any at all.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.