[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harley Quinn So let me get this straight People no longer like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 35
Harley Quinn
So let me get this straight
People no longer like Harley because she is no longer tied to the Joker and has evolved from how she was presented in BTAS
Never mind that she moved on from the Joker when he died and had her own adventures there as well
Never mind that Harley Quinn has always been proven to be more competent without the Joker
Never mind that she is in an abusive relationship that only serves to make her look bad

Its all about what she should wear and being with the Joker

Fuck some of her fans are really dumb but even /co/ seems to have bought into it as well
>>
People don't like her because her books are lolrandom memelord garbage.
>>
I just think she works better with someone to work off of.
Harley and Powergirl was fun, and I've enjoyed the first issue of Harley's Little Black Book. The british superheroes remind me of Section 8, but less so.
>>
>>79050207

Anon here is right
>>
File: Harley's day out.jpg (120 KB, 600x472) Image search: [Google]
Harley's day out.jpg
120 KB, 600x472
>>79050207
Nah its more about her becoming a meme spouting murder crazy feminist than anything having to do with the lolrandom humor

Injustice Harley is for instance a big shitstorm starter
>>
>>79050158
didn't they retcon her relationship with the joker into some "joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded and/or crazy?" shit?
>>
File: hghghghg.jpg (229 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
hghghghg.jpg
229 KB, 600x872
>>79050158
Its weird how /co/ suddenly turned on Harley but I think its a combination of tumblr and normies suddenly liking her a lot and her becoming this popular feminist icon for some reason

I like her with the Joker but her relationship with him does nothing for her character so I'm fine with her not always being obsessed with him
>>
>>79050300

They did? Man, that so fucking stupid.
>>
>no more breaking fourth wall
Yes, thank god. They were trying way too hard to have her be lady deadpool
>>
>>79050300
No just some bait anon dropped
He legit turned her crazy when he gave her the chemical bath
>>
>>79050158
Harley is a boring character without her relationship with Joker.

And her redesign is crap.
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 736x1131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 736x1131
>>79050300
She was "playing the ditz" all along.
>>
File: harleypg_6_4.jpg (166 KB, 650x999) Image search: [Google]
harleypg_6_4.jpg
166 KB, 650x999
>>79050158
Ah I remember this issue
lots of fourth wall breaking and then at the end said the series won't be about this please buy
And then they went right back around to Harley breaking the fourth wall in specials
>>
>>79050328
>I like her with the Joker but her relationship with him does nothing for her character
But her entire character is based around her relationship with the Joker.
>>
>>79050394
All those times he beat me and tried to kill me I was just pretending.

For reasons.
>>
File: Suicide Squad (2011-) 025-008.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad (2011-) 025-008.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>79050393
She's much better without the Joker
I have no idea how people could stand her one note personality where all she existed to do was get slapped around
>>
>>79050158
I like Harley Quinn in suicide squad right now (book), so fuck off OP.
>>
File: Talking raccoon bitch please.jpg (133 KB, 540x415) Image search: [Google]
Talking raccoon bitch please.jpg
133 KB, 540x415
>>79050456
yeah that's how she was created to be his henchman but she's too popular to be just that and that role is mainly limited to her getting abused by the joker for laughs

I like her role in comics
>>
>>79050491
Because now she's nothing but a "lolsorandom" female Deadpool?

She had depth before, what with the Joker manipulating her and playing on her psychosis. The few times she saw through it and tried to go straight were interesting, and it was interesting to see an abusive relationship unfold like that.
>>
File: Harley Quinn (2013-) 018-000.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn (2013-) 018-000.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>79050560
deadpool and harley couldn't be more different
One would have nothing without meme humor
the other would have nothing without a silly accent
>>
>>79050628
Not really. Harley has her valley girl accent and "FEMINIST BADASS RANDOM XD" whereas Deadpool relies on meme humour, but was a two bit Deathstroke knock off beforehand.

And at least Deadpool can be genuinely interesting and funny when written well.
>>
>>79050628
why is Harley fighting Popeye?
>>
>>79050531
>for laughs
You find abusing women funny anon?
>>
>>79050207
She's also shoved in other books just to ruin the whole thing. I had a hard time reading Deathstroke because of her.
>>
I no longer like Harley because DC made her into an anti-hero and she worked better as a villain.
>>
>>79050158
Meh. Don't care about the Joker thing but new Harley seems so boring. Nothing about her is creative anymore. Just another cookie-cutter villain with a shitty skimpy outfit.
>>
>>79050560
Women don't exist in comics to be interesting, anon? They're there for men to fap to.

Harley is so much better without the Joker. She's so proud, so competant! A true independent woman. Her comics are so funny. Yeah. So fucking funny. God, they're good. Unf.
>>
>>79050673
deadpool hasn't been funny since the 90s anon
Now you may think Harley isn't written well but I can assure you Deadpool is not funny no matter who is writing him
>>
>>79051029
She was barely a villain pre flashpoint in fact didn't she become a hero with holly catwoman and almost become amazons
I know that definitely happened and then her gotham city sirens sting where she was basically doing the same thing she is now

Not sure why people have a problem with her being presented like that
>>
>>79051124
Didn't that happen and therefore is non-canon?
>>
I prefer the Harley Quinn that can actually tell good jokes
old Harley only had her accent and speech to make people laugh
easy tier
>>
>>79051124
Because she has no heroic qualities.
>>
>>79050207
This. DC wanted their own Deadpool without really having a handle on what makes Deadpool good.
>>
>>79051242
Name a hero that will keep a blind man entertained til he meets his family.
>>
>>79051216
>happened in countdown
>>
>>79051297
and what makes Deadpool good anon because his fans seem to think the fact that he is a rip off of another DC character has no bearing on his quality compared to Harley for some reason
>>
>>79051302
Superman
The flash
Honestly can't think of one that wouldn't do that.
>>
>>79051302
your mom
>>
What bothers me about the Harley Quinn book is that it's taking a willing accomplice to a psychopathic serial killer and saying "Oh no it's all his fault, she was just an innocent victim too!" She willingly did horrible shit for the sake of doing horrible shit and to get the Joker to love her, and now DC is trying to handwave all that away.
>>
>>79051363

DC already has Ambush Bug for 4th wall jokes though
>>
In New Suicide Squad she's gotten some great use and characterization.
Too bad nobody reads it
>>
>>79050434
I was about to ask why David Bowie was there but then I asked myself, "Why WOULDN'T Bowie be there?"
>>
>>79051297

DC wanted their own Deadpool and focused on what makes him popular not what makes him good.

Deadpool hasn't been good in a long time and you damn well know it.

And the good Deadpool stuff isn't even what's popular. Spouting memes and being random is what made Deadpool popular.
>>
>>79051302
Anon there's a character limit, you know we don't have the space.
>>
File: Harly_Quinn_Kills_Children.jpg (532 KB, 1400x2180) Image search: [Google]
Harly_Quinn_Kills_Children.jpg
532 KB, 1400x2180
>>79050158
Its not that they're changing her character and role that makes me lose interest, its that she's been turned into independent, competent, witty female anti-hero with sexual and psychological baggage #362

Pretty much every character in comic books is competent and her being wholly committed to Joker made her unique and weirdly relatable despite being the first mate and lover to DC's least redeemable villain. You want to unteather her from Joker? Fine, but you'd better make it interesting. Harley just growing a conscience and doing random acts of kindness like >>79051302 just seems disingenuous to the character and it makes it seem like DC doesn't want one of its most popular characters hiding bombs in children's toys anymore.
>>
>>79051815
It's one of DC's better read titles these days actually.
>>
>>79052112
Hmm..

That might be a little too far although I do think she ought to have the capacity to occasionally do someone a solid or give them a pass out of pity or sympathy.

Even bad people don't have to be all bad,and at least certain Bat Villains are more than just one or two dimensional.

I think, especially in a period when she was left to her own devices and it didn't really involve her or (because he wasn't around/she wasn't doing something for Joker) she might mostly just leave people alone, sometimes. At least some people, some of the time.

She always seemed to be more about devotion to the Joker and possibly, shenanigans/just sort of not being bored. She's not really a capering sociopath that kills people for the laughs, even if some Jokers seem to be, at times. (Although even Ledger Joker had a REASON for what he did, mostly.)
>>
>>79052325
Ok yes, but Harley has done absolutely irredeemable things. If no effort at all is put into redeeming her besides "She hates Joker now lol" and everyone in universe grows to just accept that she's one of the good guys now and DC expects their readers to just go along with a HUGE character change with decades of establishment at this point without it seeming genuine in the slightest, its not going to be welcome and it has nothing to fucking do with DC's readers or Harley's old fans' opinions about women or sexual liberation.
>>
>>79050328
>but I think its a combination of tumblr and normies suddenly liking her a lot and her becoming this popular feminist icon for some reason

Practically this. I used to hear a lot of people who were really interested in seeing how Harley could be without the Joker (A big example being some of her moments between her and Green Arrow in the Injustice comics), however, the fact now she is like this big tumblr-approved character makes /co/ really mad

Pretty much this. I always saw Harley, specially in some particular incarnations of her, as one of the few DC villains/villain foils that actually had a small amount of humanity and chance of redemption. So seeing her having a go without depending with the Joker is really interesting.

My issue is rather the result...isn't very creative. when i wanted a Jokerless Harley superhero, I imagine she'd still be somewhat of a lunatic. But rather than make an interesting tale of a crazy superhero, they seemed to have confused "crazy" with "Quirky"

Basically she is more of a female Deadpool right about now. And I don't really want that cause Deadpool already exists.
>>
DC you already had a sympathetic crazy clown chick anti-hero, you didn't need to retool Harley at all.
>>
>>79050820
That's Bibbo, a Superman character from the late 80's.
Sooperman's his fav'rit.
>>
>>79052660
Don't you understand? They had to get rid of Duella for the New 52 Joker's Daughter.
And Johns had to completely kill Earth-3 so she didn't have any chance of coming back.
>>
>>79051065
Confirmed for not reading Deadpool since the 90's
>>
>>79052537
>I always saw Harley, specially in some particular incarnations of her, as one of the few DC villains/villain foils that actually had a small amount of humanity and chance of redemption.
Who is Mr Freeze.
>>
>>79053088
One of the few, i said. not the ONLY one.
>>
>>79051869
Deadpool has been good again since April of 2013. Where have you been?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-21-19-41-11.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-21-19-41-11.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>>79050207
Pretty much this right here, as much as I like her new 52 style, it pales when compared to what came before it. You can see the not subtle shove to make her into Deadpool (whoes popularity is absurd). The character just screams try hard these days, and her fanbase...it can be mlp levels of awful, and Injustice hasn't helped one bit. Also, it doesn't help that DC stuck it's head up its own ass to change her character around to make her more Morally Marketable. The character Harley Quinn is a complete mess right now.

On the other hand, I enjoyed issue 1 of Harley's Little Black Book, and eagerly await the next issue.
>>
>>79050473
>>79050394
Damage Control
a
m
a
g
e

C
o
n
t
r
o
l
>>
File: 1428033219447.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
1428033219447.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1476
>>79050158
>Harley because she is no longer tied to the Joker and has evolved from how she was presented in BTAS

This wouldn't have been a problem if Injustice Harley was the outcome. It's not about the path she took it's about the path being poorly written and designed garbage.
>>
The fact that Harley now sells better than Deadpool is hilarious though
>>
>>79053400
Not really.

Comics have been co-opted by tumblrinas.
>>
>>79053400
You're kidding right? Have you SEEN the cheesecake in Harley's current comics? LLB dedicated a full page to her stripping a unconscious Wonder Woman.
>>
>>79052660
>DC you already had a sympathetic crazy clown chick anti-hero, you didn't need to retool Harley at all.

Yes they did because Harley actually sells now. DC is a business and them turning Harley into a high seller is a great success for them at a time when everything else is going to shit
>>
>>79053446
>tumblrinas don't read comics!
>tumblrinas got muh comics!
Well, which is it?
>>
>>79053454

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>79053478
Both.

They don't read good comics.

They read shit like this and squirrel girl.

Also what this anon said
>>79053454
>>
>>79053454

p-p-pics
>>
>>79050276
Injustice Harley is great though. Not Timm great but definitely better than Nu52.
>>
>>79053503

>They read shit like this and squirrel girl.

And? /co/ is as entitled as the Tumblrites you so despise. Harley Quinn isn't for you. If you want a more serious Harley, read Suicide Squad
>>
>>79053551

Shes a genocidal whore that should have got the same as Joker
>>
In my personal preference, I always liked the books that added depth to Harley's character. My favorite books are the DCAU comics, Injustice, Sirens and her old solo because of that. N52 has been garbage to me because they don't add depth to the character, she is just do thing just because. That's why I hate her new solo and N52 Suicide Squad. The New Suicide Squad book is good because (again) the writer added depth to the character. I don't care if she is with the Joker or no, I don't care if she is a feminist model or not, I don't care any of that shit, I only care of the character is well written and so far has been pretty mediocre at best
>>
>>79050158
but /co/ loves it when harley did her own thing with ivy and other villainesses
/co/ just doesn't like the latest incarnation of harley
>>
File: revupyourharley.png (1 MB, 1632x1519) Image search: [Google]
revupyourharley.png
1 MB, 1632x1519
>>79053584
She has some of the best moments in the comic though.
>>
>>79052112
Let me get this straight--- in the comic where we see Harley entertain a blind man on a cross country flight, she also murders a normal working woman, in public, and stuffs her body in a luggage bag (still in public) because Harley gets peeved that the airline lost her luggage? Talk about lolrandom madness. That is straight Joker level random psychotic violence.

And in the comics, almost all heroes would have sat and talked and entertained the blind man. And half the villians. hell, Joker himself would have probably thrown a party for the guy and his family--- and then tortured and blown up their neighbors for being crass or calling the cops about the noise.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-19-16-21.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-19-16-21.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>79053494
Absolutely nothing, I'm just saying that Harley is loaded with Cheesecake that Deadpool can't bring (not even that sexy demon wife of his).
>>79053533
This is the cover of issue 1, and I will tell you that that's EXACTLY what you get inside the comic.
>>
>>79051363
>>79051869
>>79053183
looks like comicsalliance or reddit. Probably both.
>>
>>79053713

Harley Quinn makes Waypool look like Kellypool.
>>
>>79051551

That's the thing that gets me. I think there's a word for it as a trope. Woobie, maybe? How many people has she hurt, or helped the Joker hurt? How many people has she murdered, or helped the Joker murder? Why does all that get erased because she giggles and says "my bad!"

It's kind of the same reason I don't like the Punisher. I mean, I get that he's killing bad guys but you'd think at some point somebody would stop and think, "hey maybe we should do something about the guy running around butchering people that he sees as wrongdoers." I mean, fuck, they'll call in the army on Spidey for sneezing at a salad bar but Frank can't get arrested for shooting people in the streets.

I don't know. maybe I just don't understand comics any more.
>>
File: 1452134667249.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1452134667249.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>79053613
More like they hate injustice Harley
/co/ seemed to like new 52 harley in the beginning since the feminists didn't like her costume
Once Injustice Harley rolled around and that got latched onto
/co/ started to hate her because tumblr viewed her as projectable
>>
>>79050158
>people don't like a character any more because she's been turned into a completely different character
Who'd have thought?
>>
>>79054671
if she actually beats up lobo companyfags have no reason for calling marvel a bunch of cucks
>>
File: 1418409248631.jpg (794 KB, 1200x1851) Image search: [Google]
1418409248631.jpg
794 KB, 1200x1851
>>79052112
The more people post this and other things you begin to wonder if they don't understand that edgy shit like this is not good writing
Its almost like they don't get that people aren't ignoring it
They disregard it because its beyond edge tier awful
Its like reading a comic where the Joker rapes Batgirl and going see he is a bad guy who cannot be funny
>>
File: -030 copy.jpg (383 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
-030 copy.jpg
383 KB, 1000x1537
>>79053551
indeed its pretty apparent the people who don't like injustice harley have no sense of her character apart from joker
all they know is either she's a sidekick to joker or a sidekick to poison ivy

I'd almost call them casuals but they at least read the comics for that not to be applicable
>>
Speaking of Deadpool, is there a recommended reading list for him?
>>
>>79054733
Well se beat up Lobo (in a sense), but using psychology not fists, so I guess that's good
>>
>>79054833
>Black Canary BFFs with a goddamn murderous psychopath

Or, let me propose an alternate theory. They're fans of her from her original personality and story and actually liked her like that. They liked her broken psyche and how she comes to see the Joker as her salvation, and they liked the brief glimpses to the cracks in that.

They DON'T like her being made into a company mascot who rubs elbows with people who would want her locked up or worse.
>>
File: 1452887053641.png (498 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1452887053641.png
498 KB, 768x576
>>79050158
>searching.....

"Where are her flaws?"
>>
>>79054671
Stop you lies, I saw almost nothing but hate for n52 Harley redesign when suicide squad was introduced on /co/

And honestly since that issue of Harley and Green Arrow, people have loved Injustice Harley.

Lot of people don't like recent Harley stories cause some of it has been using Harley like Deadpool, lots of goofy self reference humor and random shit that was never part of her character before.
>>
>>79050158
>People no longer like Harley because she is no longer tied to the Joker and has evolved from how she was presented in BTAS
>Never mind that she moved on from the Joker when he died and had her own adventures there as well

Its almost as if execution of ideas and quality of writing matter to some degree.
>>
File: 3957586-ac+421.jpg (495 KB, 863x1280) Image search: [Google]
3957586-ac+421.jpg
495 KB, 863x1280
>>79052743
'73, dude. I used to have that issue.
>>
>>79053400
Does she? Deadpool is selling in the top 10 now since ANAD.
>>
>>79050158
No, we don't like her because she gets away with murder. Literally. And no one does shit to stop her but somehow she's still a beloved character.

Also, she's not funny. At this point Batman is funnier than her.
>>
File: Harley Quinn (2013-) 019-020.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn (2013-) 019-020.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
People really are so try hard with their hate for Harley
Its sad they now actually reaffirm why feminists seem to be a better audience since they don't sperg out over irrelavent shit
>>
>>79059499
Deadpool like all marvel titles needs a relaunch to get to those levels
Harley Quinn is up there 3 years strong
>>
>>79061091
>SJWs don't sperg out over stupid shit.
This HAS to be bait, right? It just has to be.
>>
>>79050884
You don't?
>>
People who aren't OP, how was her first ongoing?
>>
>>79062271
Well, she bled a lot and she didn't want any lube, but then they went out and killed some kids to reconcile.
>>
>People no longer like Harley
Autist spergs who retweet GamerGate hashtags; hate The Legend of Korra because it dared to star a woman of color, have feminist themes (even moreso than The Legend of Aang, and they despized them in that as well, see the avatards' frothing hatred towardsKatara) and tackle complex themes of relationships and family; and start foaming at the mouth with rage every time someone reminds them of the upcoming all-female Ghostbusters reboot (because HOW DARE THEY NOT BE MEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN! REAL, TOUGH, MANLY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!) hate the revamped Harley because they can no longer project themselves onto The Joker and imagine having power over someone who loves them unconditionally and will never fight back. Nevermind that this new Harley STILL loves mistah J, and will NEVER be able to unshackle herself from her puddin' (because guess what: THAT IS HER CHARACTER); simply because of the fact that her comics are exploring who and what she is when removed from The Joker's presence, she is now an independent, self-sufficient woman. In other words: she scares the everloving fuck out of the most vocal type of comic book nerd asswipe.

A quick tangent: when the aforementioned kind of people become pretty much the ONLY audience for an artistic medium, it causes two things: an unwarranted over-inflation of the audience's ego and the medium's extremely rapid decline into obscurity and ridicule. It happened to american comic books in the nineties, and it is happenning to anime as we speak. This is why this type of comic book fan is so opposed to diversity, despite the fact that it is the only way any artistic medium can grow and flourish: they no longer feel like the world revolves around them.

Continued in a followup post
>>
>>79064166
Tldr
>>
>>79064166
Continued:

Now, is that fucked up? Yes, but you only see that and nothing else because your only points of reference are a handful of Internet websites with particularly shitty communities.

If you look outside those handful of spaces, you will see something drastically different: that indeed, the overwhelming majority of the people who know of Harley absolutely LOVE her! They love her old self, they love her new self, they love EVERY version of Harley because she is one of those rarest of things: a perfect character! She is an ideal fit for any number of stories because she is the most versatile, most multi-faceted fictional character ever created! And don't take my word for it: Harley Quinn is currently the highest-selling female comic book character on the planet!

And once the Suicide Squad movie premieres, and the entire world gets to know her story, she will be more than just the highest-selling female comic book charater: she will be the entire world's most popular character, period.

Deservedly so.

Mark my words: by this time next year, Harley Quinn will be modern superhero Hollywood's first sex symbol, and hers will be the first movie in history with a solo female star billing that will gross over one billion dollars at the box office.

Now, will that make certain troglodytes on certain websites despize her even more, with a fervor normally reserved for islamic religious fundamentalists every time they think of the western world? Yes, but why would you care about them?

It's a beautiful world out there OP, and all of it loves, nay adores Harley Quinn!

You just need to stop looking at the gutters.
>>
>>79064296
>you people are problematic for hating on my fave
>>
>>79050158
Eat shit you tumblr whore!
>>
>>79064166
Is this a pasta? It tastes like pasta.
>>
>>79050394
Joker liked the ditz, so she naturally acted like that around everyone she's ever met.
>>
Quinn was always a one-note joke of a character, and that's why people like her. She's a fucking henchman. Don't give her a comic and pretend she's more than that are you insane
>>
>>79053446
boo hoo other people like stuff I don't like boo hoo hoo
>>
>>79061091
>feminists don't sperg out over irrelavent shit
That's some bait.
>>
The best thing about New Suicide Squad for me has been the constant shitting on Harley Quinn. It makes up for anything else they do with the character at DC in my book.
>>
Incorrect on every single point.

In fact, everyone I know who's into comics hates her with the Joker. They don't protest her evolving, they protest her doing it badly.
>>
>>79052112

Anon, this was boring and OOC even for her. It wasn't even funny. No one else referenced it again, it might as well not exist.
>>
>>79066920
It's canon. Fuck off clownfag.
>>
>>79051854
It's not David Bowie, his eyes are the same color. Probably just an Alien that really liked Space Oddity.
>>
I dislike her because she can kill people and faces no punishment for it. I mean, she straight up murders a airport worker (on her 12 hour shift) because she lost her luggage, and then next moment she's acting all sweet to a blind guy. It's really inconsistent and just makes her unlikable.
>>
>>79050276
Injustice Harley is shit mostly because she helped blow up several million people and none of the "heroes" seem to care. Everyone on Batman's side is actually protecting her from Superman.
>>
>>79052478
Didn't she blow up a bunch of children with explosive video games?
>>
>>79050158
Oh boy, /co/mblr missing the point yet again.
>>
>>79067907
Enlighten people.
>>
File: image.jpg (759 KB, 1015x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759 KB, 1015x2000
>>
>>79050276
why the fuck would she go into a hospital with her shorts unbuttoned? other than cuhrayzee?
>>
>>79067971
Lol she is so free spirited huh? So carefree and LOL RANDOM! She is devoid of class and character! So sterile and edgy at the same time! No wonder normies and /co/mblr like her now lol!

Seriously if no one can't fucking see why there has been somewhat a backlash against PC Harley, they are the fucking problem.

And as usual, once again this proves the op is a colossal faggot.
>>
>>79065013
Well if that's the litmus for whether a character should have a comics then a lot of characters would never get books
>>
File: 1452027498397.jpg (113 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452027498397.jpg
113 KB, 682x1024
>>79066874
So how should she do it because most people seem to be of the mindset that she should only be with the Joker instead of doing her own thing regardless of quality
>>
Its ironic Harley gets so much shit but then I look at characters like catwoman and Cheshire who are basically just as bad if not worse since she is condoned in a very open fashion unlike harley
>>
>>79068080
There isn't a backlash against PC harley there are a group of people who hate her period
People are now basically cherrypicking instances in the PC book along with injustice to "prove" that she is not a role model,feminist, etc

Its pretty sad
>>
File: 3517357-violent,+but+cute.jpg (4 MB, 2008x3038) Image search: [Google]
3517357-violent,+but+cute.jpg
4 MB, 2008x3038
I like injustice harley
Its weird how an out of continuity book somehow effects people's ability to like the in continuity books
>>
I don't get how this new independent Harley is succeeding when every Harley Quinn cosplayer I know wants a Joker boyfriend who will dominate her.
>>
>>79050158
Her whole backstory is about how she changed her whole life to be with the joker. She quit her job, changed her name, became a criminal all out of her obsession with the joker. If she is not obsessed with the joker, she is not Harley Quinn.
>>
>>79056515
>Its almost as if execution of ideas and quality of writing matter to some degree.
What? No, of course not. What a silly idea.
>>
File: lobounboundcvr3.jpg (73 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
lobounboundcvr3.jpg
73 KB, 500x743
>>79054733
she survived that punch from lobo because she ate one of the super pills.
she beat him with help from canary and green arrow. then used head games with him and convinced him to go beat up darkseid (which he did)
>>
>>79068478
Catwoman is actually a good person and not a delusional nutbag with violent mood swings.
>>
>>79068478
At least Cheshire is honest about her psychopathy and doesn't try to cover it up by quirky ;P
>>
>>79068645
Injustice Harley is pretty decent. Sure, her writing stumbles every now and again (like Injustice in general) but for the most part it's head above heels better than the mainstream universe.
>>
>>79069588
>responsible for the death of lois and her unborn baby
>>
>>79069642
That's probably one of the stumbles he's talking about.

Really, once Injustice gets away from the game stuff it becomes very enjoyable, in a silly way.
>>
File: Harleys3.jpg (297 KB, 747x1134) Image search: [Google]
Harleys3.jpg
297 KB, 747x1134
Harley really shouldn't be a protagonist. It never really works, because it can’t work. Harley orbits around the Joker in the same way that the Joker orbits around Batman. You need to remove him and at least partially resolve that obsession if you’re going to have her as a protagonist, because you can’t really have your protagonist obsessively pining for a character you’ve spent 70 years shaping as a remorseless obsessive and utterly unsympathetic killer. But if you do that, if you remove that obsession, then you’re not only taking away the foundation of the character, you’re also taking away the one thing that makes her so easy to relate to. You’re left with just a standard issue manic pixie dream girl, and that gets real old, real fast.
>>
>>79050673
Brooklyn accent, not valley girl
>>
I miss blonde Harley. The two-tone hairstyle looks stupid.
>>
>>79071942
Looks like that might change soon
>>
>>79070622
man, it's easy. joker= drug. Harley is a recovering addict who knows that the object of her obsession is bad for her, but that doesn't make it any less tempting for her
>>
>>79071942

I miss regular skin harley, where her paleness was just make-up.
>>
File: Harley-Quinn-Empire-Cover.jpg (189 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Harley-Quinn-Empire-Cover.jpg
189 KB, 970x545
>>79071942
>>79074410
Me too. And if the trailer breakdown is correct, and all signs point to it being so, Harley is still going to be chemical bleached in Suicide Squad, so don't expect chemical bath Harley to go anywhere for a long time.
>>
>>79050276
what no where the fuck did you get that. I just fucking hate lol random humor. Suicide Squad Harley has been the last good Harley book we had.
>>
>>79071942
I agree.
>>
Eh, only Timmverse Harley is my Harley. Everything else suffers from a serious case of the 'NOTMUH.'

She was gold in BTAS, even in the tie in comics and the Harley & Ivy stuff. Mad Love is a wonderful Batman comic.

Everything afterwards has been disappointing for me. Her solo comics in the 2000's didn't know how to handle her properly. Gotham City Sirens was a wash, she barely showed up in the main Bat books and New52 Suicide Squad was fucking horrible.

I enjoyed parts of Injustice Harley, even though it's strange how the woman responsible for blowing up Metropolis is now considered a hero.

Harley's biggest problem is that no matter how much DC tries to force her, she'll never be one of the A list. She'll never be a serious threat to anyone as a villain, and her own series will never let her take out anyone big except Joker. She's destined to always be a kind of joke character. She may as well as stayed as Joker's henchgirl if that's all she'll ever amount to. Eve after all this years, her character is still tied to the Joker and him appearing in her book is still the biggest way to boost her sales. She'll never get out from under his shadow. Even her first motion picture with the Suicide Squad needed Mister J to give it any kind of legitimacy.
>>
>>79050673
What's feminist about her?
>>
File: harleyinanutshell.jpg (1 MB, 565x3227) Image search: [Google]
harleyinanutshell.jpg
1 MB, 565x3227
>>79075221
I like you, Anon.

Harley really shouldn't be entirely divorced from Joker. For me, I feel she should only be a villain because of his influence and she really cannot reform while he is around. Trying to make her an anti-hero does absolutely nothing for me.
>>
>>79051869
>Deadpool hasn't been good in a long time and you damn well know it.
Someone hasn't been reading the Duggan run
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.