[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when the Trailer for the 4 Season of Korra came out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 35
Remember when the Trailer for the 4 Season of Korra came out and we were all Hype for it after the incredible Season 3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw
>>
File: thisguyovahere.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
thisguyovahere.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>79045070
>the incredible Season 3?
>>
>>79045070
>incredible
Passable is the word you're looking for.
>>
I remember when the original trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54srZLuYfb0

I'm still pissed that they didn't continue using Aang's Theme.
>>
The Earth Prince arc got too much screen time.

They did a fucking clip show about Korra when they should have been filling us in on Kuvira.
>>
>>79045070
Is that a frame from the actual show? I haven't seen it, but that looks "desktop wallpaper"-tier.
>>
File: BxVxRaUIEAAPGxM.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
BxVxRaUIEAAPGxM.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
>>79045316
This is the original
>>
The entire series was terrible. Season 1 was only decent for its twist which any halfwit could figure out if they thought for a second, Season 2 was okay, Season 3 was shit and Season 4 was more shit. Why did we have to have an Avatar that already mastered three elements? Why couldn't we have another developing Avatar story, with conflicts arising during the journey?
>>
>>79045298
Agreed. I really liked him till episode 3. After it, he became unbearable
>>
>>79045070
No?
>incredible season 3
Kek
>>
>>79045382
Not really. Season 1 was ok, sure the ending felt rush but it still was decent. Second season was quite boring at the star but then become good again( tho the last fight was retarded but it looked pretty) 3 season was an improvement but the ending felt a bit rush too and exaggerated. Season 4 first episode was god tier. Then it all went to shit. Overall a good show
>>
season 3 was good

the only people who hate on S3 are people who are still buttflustered about the ending
>>
>>79045070

How can I remember something that didn't happen?
>>
File: faggot.gif (386 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
386 KB, 420x240
>>79045382
>S2 ok
>S3 shit
>>
File: 0 RWzxJyVQLJi7oCoU.jpg (57 KB, 800x626) Image search: [Google]
0 RWzxJyVQLJi7oCoU.jpg
57 KB, 800x626
>>79045070
>Remember when the Trailer for the 1st Season of Korra came out and we were all Hype for it after the incredible show that came before it?

Yes. Yes I do remember that. I remember so many hopes, so many dreams, so many crushed souls. I remember them all. We wanted it to be good.

We didn't get it.

>>79046137
>"The only people who disagree with me only disagree because of a very specific set of criteria that I can easily refute and dismiss, and not for any reasons that they themselves might have formed instead of the one I am designating to them!"

I'm not sure if you could sound more empty if you tried.
>>
I remember the hype threads when Korra was first announced and after the first SDCC. All the ideas we came up with were so much fun.
>>
Season One: Very good, but with a cheap-ass ending.

Season Two: A complete clusterfuck. And no, not even Beginnings could save it.

Season Three: Fantastic. Best villains in the entire Avatar franchise and a terrific storyline.

Season Four: Almost as good, even if Kuvira never quite feels like she's worthy of being final boss.
>>
>>79046186
The anon said
>Season 1 was only decent for its twist which any halfwit could figure out if they thought for a second,

And you kept reading? Why?

The twist. The half-baked reveal that literally only happened because a series of very unlikely events lead our heros up to someone who could infodump them the whole story and stop said story dead in it's tracks just to spell out everything that could have been laced into the story very easily instead of a seriously twenty minute infodump is the part that made it decent. That's the good part.

Season 2 had to have been great to him, he apparently thinks terrible ideas actually raises it up.
>>
>>79045070
yes fuck, you too, making me feel again.

I enjoyed the threads so much. Yes, with the baiting and shitposting too.

>that uncalled for Toph name-dropping at the end
Now I remember the hackish writing.
I still think season 4 Korra > Aang as a character, and Kuvira is one of my favorite ""villains"".
Also, I liked more how ATLA was done, but I never find myself going back to it. I stil rewatch season 3 eps from Korra, and Zahir a best.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (26 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
26 KB, 512x288
In what episode did you all lose hope for Korra? In my case it happened in episode 4 of the 4 Season
>>
File: 1444611954313.gif (985 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
1444611954313.gif
985 KB, 500x272
>>79046388
>Season One: Very good,
>Season Three: Fantastic. Best villains in the entire Avatar franchise and a terrific storyline.
>>
>>79046388
Pretty much this, although I'd add that S1 was poorly paced with majorly flawed priorities in terms of what deserved the most focus.
>>
File: do want ame.png (96 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
do want ame.png
96 KB, 373x327
Anyone think she "had a thing" with that MMA earth-bender she lost to at the beginning of the season?

I've read and watched many an erotica that started similarly, and that chick looked pretty dykey.
>>
>>79046482

But the pro bending was totally necessary! They needed a whole episode exclusively for the shitty love triangle!
>>
>all these people saying S3 was bad
>no one saying why
lmao
>>
>>79046555

Its obvious that the reason why S3 is held in high regard was because it came after S2.
>>
>>79046633
Great villains, Korra was doing good things for once, too. Plus more AtLA cameos.
>>
>>79046388
this, except I want to point out that the only problem with Kuvira is that she was the *last* boss, not "final" boss.

Personally, I loved that final scene, Kuvira both frightened and angry, her voice always in the verge of breaking. I liked her character, her place is just chronologically awkward.

EDIT: I just watched it. fuck, the whole ending was corny as fuck, Kuvira's desperation and VA was the only good thing.
>>
>>79046685
>Great villains
The Red Lotus were terrible. Their motivations made no fucking sense and they were all ine-dimensional and not particularly memorable, the very fact that their plans got thwarted by a little girl shows how much of a joke they were.

>Korra was doing good things for once, too.
What good things?

>Plus more AtLA cameos.
Zuko does fuck all.
>>
>>79046773
>Their motivations made no fucking sense
I still find it hilarious when people kept saying what a great villian Zaheer was and then S4 reveals that he was actually a dumbass.
>>
>>79046426
The last episode of season 1.

Then, what little I had left burned away in the first with season 2. The last episode of season 1 was so painfully stupid, rendered so much of the story moot, wrapped up so little, was so dumbly paced and had such a terrible out of nowhere powerup save the day not once, but TWICE, that it made me realize these writers were just plain bad at what they did.

Then came season 2's transparent as all fuck, poorly written introduction to it's villain, and I just knew pretty fights were all I was going to get.

>>79046537
Instead of, oh, I don't know, having Korra go out and see if any of this 'oppression' is valid or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, who fucking knows! We don't!

But we know all the rules to a fucking sports game!
>>
>>79046813
most anarchists are
>>
>>79046555
Well for starters.
>Korra's vector on the plot is completely away from anything related to the RL, who only get involved with her halfway through, so the main character's involvement with the antagonist is tangential to the plot, not direct
>the Airbenders returning is not properly explained and we're supposed to take such an essential development on whim alone yet again (Amon's plot-essential ability is never actually explained in-canon)
>after Season 2 establishing how the spirits would change society we spend exactly one episode on spirits affecting society and the rest on people in areas where no spirits are seen, great continuity
>Korra herself and even the Krew is mostly a passenger to the plot at large, their actions don't make waves, they just follow what happens rather than making things happen
>villains themselves are one-note and boring, the main one trying to be intellectual and deep yet every episode he's in he does or says something that is monumentally stupid or wrong
>no depth behind villain motivation, no exploration
>their attempt at a theme of freedom falls apart when it fails to use the other pieces of the earlier episodes plot to augment it
>Kai is built up and goes nowhere
>Suyin is the most repulsive character we're meant to agree with and endear to
>fucking liquid metal poison that can be metalbent breaks established rules
>another fucking super bending power that, while semi-foreshadowed if only at the bare minimum,is unnecessary and requires no movement, hence destroying the point of a martial art as medium for manipulating the elements, solely to necessitate the flying chase at the end
>the complete joke of an ending for the villain with Bolin shoving his socks in his mouth, completely destroys any tension and feeling and comes right before the realization that Korra is wheelchair bound
>Korra and Asami are friends now, as emphasized by their physical proximity and not any friendly banter or interaction
>>
>>79046894
You should've known the moment that Season 2 started.

It says "six months after Amon", which is now the winter solstice, which implies that Amon's takeover, in the summer, happened while it was snowing in New York City.
>>
>>79046914
the only actual problems you've brought up are the fact that Su is supposed to be agreeable, Kai is a mediocre side character, and that you don't agree with the villains on a personal level.

All of these are valid, none of them make the entire season bad, even when compared to ATLA.
>>
>>79046914
>hence destroying the point of a martial art as medium for manipulating the elements
they already showed this in S1 with pro-bending and even in the last airbender when Iroh could breathe fire
>>
>>79045298
Budget cuts meant they no longer had enough money to animate a full episode, clip show recap with a little bit of new animation was the best solution
>>
>>79046388
>Season Three: Fantastic. Best villains in the entire Avatar franchise and a terrific storyline.

I don't understand why people say this. Zaheer was just an empty bad-guy-of-the-week villain. He didn't tie into anything thematically or narratively.
>>
>>79046388
Pretty much. Although I thought S4 was a clusterfuck as well. But S2 and S4 had some good parts in them (namely Varrick), so it stops it from being complete shit.

Overall, LOK is an average to good show. Not great but not the abortion that /co/ makes it out to be.
>>
>>79047015
Well, not necessarily. Firebending is based almost entirely through breath and converting that into fire, so fire breathing is an applicable skill, just not very exploitable. It was his nickname, not his trump card. That's why Combustion Man was acceptable. He was clearly exploiting a very specific form of firebending and still prompted each of his bursts with a sharp breath and a thrust of his forehead. Probending was a distillation of the martial arts and assimilation into a more boxing style. They were still moving their bodies to manipulate elements. Psychic bloodbending and unassisted flight are retarded and unnecessary.

>>79046997
To clarify, I don't think Season 3 was bad. I just don't think it was good. Season 1 is still the best season even considering the finale, because it has more subtle touches than the rest of the seasons had and had the best art direction with lighting and color.

Season 3 just felt drawn out, uncoordinated and disparate from itself.
>>
>>79045070
>incredible Season 3
>"korra did nothing wrong"
>villain that just happens to know everything about airbending, including all the forms without even having a teacher, gets airbending right after unexplained spiritual shit
>said villain is able to outfight elite benders that were imprisoning the most dangerous terrorists on the planet
>his reasoning is basically: chaos will help everyone somehow.
>every other character is dumbed down even more
>plot metal city
>"Suying did nothing wrong"
>Tenzin lives due to plot armor
>lavabending, and even metalbending is learned from nothing
>the evil plan: to put the fucking avatar inside a cave with a river below and force her to go into the avatar state

and i'm not even covering all the stupid shit they said on that season.
>>
Figures. Only /co/mblr would enjoy a shit mediocre show
>>
>>79046388

Can't believe how hard they managed to drop the ball with Season 4. It was still a good season, but man, they had everything they needed to knock it out the park, and whenever I think about it I always think of the multiple, tiny niggles.
>>
I regret buying the complete series. 60 dollars wasted.
>>
>>79045070
They should promote the people who cut those trailers to review the episodes and cut all the bad shit. Like, turn those 12 average episodes into 3 good episodes or something.
>>
>>79045224
Man I was so fucking hyped back then. I had imagined that they could ruin this, but never in the way they did.
>>
>>79046894

One of my biggest complaints with Korra so far (haven't watched Season 4) is that the endings are all fucking terrible, because they all come across as extremely transparent in their attempts to be superficially impactful. She loses her bending (but not really because it's solved in less than 5 minutes), she loses her connection to the previous avatars (fucking over actually interesting story possibilities), and she becomes wheelchair bound and morose. All just so that they can try to ape the ending of ATLA Season 2 in terms of its gravitas, without realizing that it worked in that instance because it was actually built up to as the lowest point of a 3 act story and not just a cheap plot device repeated every season.
>>
So, did the Earth Kingdom descend in to anarchy when the empire dissolved and the states tried to wrestle for independence? Or did the newly elected counsel or whatever turn out to be totally corrupt?
>>
>still having Korra discussions to this day
Is this what Bryke wanted? I guess making a shit sequel to a not-shit series allows for discussion that will let it be remembered for a longer time than had it been good.
>>
>>79047554
Same here pal. And in bluray no less. At least now i learn not yo buy a series before its ending
>>
>>79045070
Remember when the Trailer for the 1st Season of Korra came out and we were all Hype for it after the incredible first series?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsT63BgFPw
>>
>>79047801
The only people that call the show shit are people from /co/ everyone else liked the show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AksrehOoT4s
>>
>>79046388
Season 1: Good at first but as it went on it suffered in the pacing department. Amon reveal sucked.
Season 2: Sucked.
Season 3: Good. Had some good qualities and some bad but I fell the good outweighed the bad.
Season 4: Decent, had some problems but it wasn't that bad because I ship Varrick and Zhu Li
>>
>>79049179
you do realize the show had to be pull out of TV because no one was watching it anymore, right? do you think everyone that stopped watching the show is from /co/?
>>
File: the dark korra returns.png (197 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
the dark korra returns.png
197 KB, 900x720
>>79045298
Budget got cut halfway through production but they were still contractually obligated to make 13 episodes. That gave them three, and only three, options on how to handle it.

A - Get enough money to make a full-budget episode by firing half the staff.
B - Keep the staff on and make a cheap clip show episode.
C - Keep the staff and don't make a third episode and get sued by Nickelodeon for breaking contract.

They went with B
>>
File: 1449687652421.png (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1449687652421.png
261 KB, 900x900
>>79049274
>had some problems
>some
if you ignore half of the season, it will have 'some problems'.

also, the issue is the size of said problems. Literally gigantic.
>>
I can assure you that after the season 1 finale there was no point at which /co/ was ever "all Hype" for Korra. We expected every season and episode to be more disappointing than the last even though that wasn't always the case. I'll just assume you weren't around at the time.
>>
Why didn't we ever get to see meaningful interaction between Korra and spirit Aang in the same way that Aang interacted with spirit Roku?

Aang shows up for a couple seconds to give her all her powers back AND the avatar state, and then just fucks off.

I know her connection to past lives is severed, but she had all of book 2 before that happened.

And also her permanently losing her connection to her past lives was a really bad writing decision, it's alright to want to make your protagonist more vulnerable, but the way they went about it seemed to just make the whole story less interesting.
>>
File: otp.jpg (69 KB, 1212x664) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
69 KB, 1212x664
>>79049639
B-but muh otp. Its unfair, there are hardly any shows where scientists/inventors get together.
>>
File: You gotta be dealin' wit dis.jpg (137 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
You gotta be dealin' wit dis.jpg
137 KB, 1344x756
Season 4 was okay.
Not great, but certainly better than 2 and the later parts of 1.

The problem is how little time they had.
They basically ran through all the characterization that she should have gotten previously at ridiculous speed.
And while that's frustrating, at least they understood that they couldn't let Korra remain this violent, unreflecting moron, that solves problems by chimping out.

So it gets points for its heart being in the right place. Which is more than I can say for S1 and 2.
>>
>>79049553
Infact book 4's episodes were only $90,000 to produced compare to the other book's $200,000-$300,000 per episode (Mir episodes).
>>
>>79049848
That was horrible as well Why did they have to force those two into a romantic relationship? He treats her like crap 99% of the time, then she gets fed up with him, then he makes a simple apology, and then they get a cringeworthy wedding.
>>
>>79049953
>He treats her like crap 99% of the time, then she gets fed up with him
Women love it when men treat them like shit

To all the /co/ femanons dont bother saying NO I DONT because i wont believe you.
>>
>>79049923
That's pretty fucked up
>>
>>79050321
I know, but at least they remember what they learned from the last show as the first Avatar costed $1 million per episode due to plain trips and celebrity pay checks as only $200,000 was spent on the show it self.
>>
>>79049548
No because nic leaked a bunch of episodes online and then nice put all the episodes online because nobody watched
>>
>>79049998
yes you will
>>
>>79045070
No
>>
>>79050958
It's also because Nick fucked with the shows airing schedule, making it hard for it to get a good following.

Instead of keeping it in its successful Saturday morning timeslot from Book 1, they moved it to a Friday night death slot, halving the ratings(which got even worse because they moved around the Friday airtime like 3 times) in Book 2.

Then, Book 3 was given no advertising at all except for one trailer released 1 week before it began airing. Oh, and the release date was announced by that trailer too because Nick are retards.

Combine the lack of advertising with several episodes leaking led to Book 3's ratings dropping until Nick pulled it off the air.
>>
>>79050958
>>79051608
>it's all Nick's fault!
if you like a show, you will watch it no matter what. People simply didn't bother to watch LoK, that's the truth. You don't get to say those people that dropped the show all liked Korra, but due to Nick they couldn't watch it. They simply didn't like it at all.
>>
>>79052188
You have no understanding of what you're talking about and should just stop now.

Friday night is a bad slot for shows, its where networks send them to die. Shows don't get watched because people are usually out doing stuff Friday nights. Coupled with timeslot shifts in Book 2 and no advertising in Book 3 is why the ratings dropped.

The show was well liked. Critics loved it. Fans loved it. Even /co/ liked the show. This whole meme about it being shit is only because the people who came here to discuss it have mostly left.
>>
>>79052650
No, those were bribes.
>>
>>79052675
Whatever helps you sleep anon.
>>
>>79052722
No it's fact, with critics (and real animation fans) you will be lucky to find anyone that will touch the first 2 seasons of Ren & Stimpy let alone something like Tiny Toons & Animaniacs.
>>
>>79045108
>>79045109
>>79045475
>>79045382
>>79046431
The only thing worse than the tacked on lesbians making people endlessly praise LoK is the tacked on lesbians making other people unable to say anything positive about it.

Season 3 was damned good, as good as anything in the original series.
Season 1 = 6/10 Too much love triangle bullshit and Korra crying
Season 2 = 2/10 Too much awful everything
Season 3 = 8/10 Villain motivation was delusional
Season 4 = 7/10 giant robot battle was ignorant.
>>
>>79052650
Isn't Friday Nights primetime slots? I used to always see new episodes of shit on friday.
>>
>>79052945
What no. Noooo. It's not like TGIF was a thing for a decade. Nobody watches TV on Friday nights. Especially kids that have nothing to do so get to stay up late.
>>
>>79052945
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot

Korra Book 2 specifically jumped around between 7pm, 8:30pm, and 8pm.
>>
>>79053158
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
>A general exception to the "Death Slot" is in regards to children's television.
Read your sources next time, anon.
>>
>>79053296
>implying

Korra was teenager and adult oriented. Shit, they killed off people in some brutal ways. Suffocation, electiricy, lava, blowing their own head up, getting smashed, double suicide.
>>
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>79053401
>Korra was teenager and adult oriented
>A cartoon
>On nickelodeon
>>
All these edge lords complaining about season 3 and 4...
I was here when they were released. People were losing their shit with excitement.

And whatever you think about the lesbian ending. Nobody thought they would be ballsy enough to go through it, and they DID. If that's not a worthy twist, I don't know what is.

Overall, LoK was better then ATLA. It tried doing something meaningful and cohesive with it's four seasons, telling a story in which the antagonists were not evil for the sake of being evil like Ozai (except Unalaq, maybe). It also had better animation and a more inspired setting.
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162 KB, 1285x976) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162 KB, 1285x976
>>79052650
>Shows don't get watched because people are usually out doing stuff Friday nights
if that was the reason, the number of viewers should be constant after you left out the people that "cannot watch it". It kept dropping. Because people were dropping the show, and not because "more and more people were doing stuff friday". Your logic makes no sense.

>The show was well liked
clearly not, considering how many people abandoned it

>Critics loved it
most critics don't even mention the issues in the show. IGN is the best example, "lesbians, 10/10".

>Fans loved it
that doesn't mean much, considering most fans only like it because "lesbians, 10/10".

also, it IS shit. Check pic related, it should make some valid points.
>>
I still like that hair cut.
>>
>>79053928

Character relationships shouldn't be a "twist", they shouldn't take people by surprise because that means they aren't developed properly.
>>
File: Les be friends.webm (322 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
Les be friends.webm
322 KB, 450x268
Is there a worse cartoon buisnes team than bryke?
>graphically explode a helpless woman's head in your season 3 finale as she begs for help
>nickelodeon get's tired of your shit and forces your last season to their online streaming site and off of tv
>to completely end your relationship with them, make your protagonist a lesbian at the last second in the final episode in hopes of scoring points with the tumblrinas in charge of cartoon network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ
>>
>>79053976
It wasn't a twist in the sense that they weren't dropping heavy hints (pen pals, blushing, compliments). It was a twist because nobody believed that the the studio would actually go through with it.
>>
>>79054055
Maybe plot driven, beautifully animated, thought provoking cartoons are just not for you. I recommend you check out SpongeBob Squarepants and Fairly Odd Parents. Those should be more up your alley.
>>
File: 1425522206344.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1425522206344.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>79054085
>they weren't dropping heavy hints (pen pals, blushing, compliments)
pen pals: this is not a hint at all
blushing: pic related. Blush =/= hint, or even buildup
compliments: what the fuck
>>
>>79054159
>beautifully animated
did you watch season 2?

>thought provoking cartoons
now i know your just goofing around
>>
>>79053928
>Overall, LoK was better then ATLA
see pic related on >>79053939
who the hell is retarded on that level to think that.

>telling a story in which the antagonists were not evil for the sake of being evil
- DARK AVATAR!
- lul, chaos
- ich werde die Welt erobern!
>>
>>79049893
What was the name of that show? The one of the interview
>>
>>79054457
Boku no Pico
>>
>>79054209
>did you watch season 2?
Even season 2 had a couple of well animated episodes. Still better then ninety percent of CN, Nick, and Disney shows.

>>79054249
As I've stated, Unalaq might be the exception. Though, opening the spirit portals ended up not being malicious onto itself.
>>
>>79054495
That is some good stuff for the lonly nights in the see
>>
>>79054550
>As I've stated, Unalaq might be the exception
Zaheer's reasoning is: "chaos will help everyone. Somehow". It's just as stupid as being plainly evil, the only difference being that he actually thinks he is doing something right when logically he is not. Ozai might as well say that he thinks he is bringing peace to the world. This won't make him less of an evil cunt. As for Kuvira, literally Hitler.

> opening the spirit portals ended up not being malicious onto itself.
spirits ARE dangerous, since ATLA. Opening the portals has no purpose other than to allow spirits to fuck shit up. Hell, they were attacked by spirits that weren't even being controlled in LoK some times. Also, opening the portals is arguably responsible for airbending, which was the cause of zaheer being free and killing the earth queen. It probably caused S03 and S04.
>>
>>79054816
>Also, opening the portals is arguably responsible for airbending
FOR NO RAISIN!
>>
>>79054932
they never really explain. Probably the genocide of airbenders did some shit, and when the portals were open triggered some other shit.. and Boom, airbenders.

>be you
>water negro
>lives on the south
>married, just chilling, fishing all day and fucking all night
>son is born
>motherfucking airbender
>your wife just cheated on you with some airbender dude. You can't even find the bastard
>discovers that there is some guy called Tenzin, the only male adult airbender on the planet
>now it's on
>>
File: YSG.jpg (71 KB, 352x375) Image search: [Google]
YSG.jpg
71 KB, 352x375
>>79055063
>holding your newborn baby while looking out an open window as the avatar opens the spirit portal
>thankfully, you are far enough away to protect your son from the angry spirits
>accidentally sneeze at the power of a c130 engine, sending your child thousands of miles away, to smash on the face of a mountain and be eaten by a crazy blind woman
>forced to shave your head and do cardio all day or the peanut m&m guy will kill you
>>
>>79055124
>Living peacefully in Ba Sing Se
>Avatar opens the portals
>you get some air power that you can't even control
>Earth queen finds out, send people to forcibly take you to create some kind of army
>gets tortured
>food tastes like shit, bed is stiff, has to wake up early and gets beat down until late night when you are abused by the guards
>probably will never see your family again
>the Avatar shows up
>good thing i defeated the queen's army, huh? anyway, how is it going with that awesome power i gave you? you want to be an air nomad now, right? i mean, i let you out, so it's okay now.
>wants to punch her to the face
>can't do it because bitch is the avatar
>>
>>79054085
Yes, how ballsy, you managed to get your protagonists to share a look in the last episode while the series was airing online.

For fuck's sake, Clarence featured gay kisses that same year, and Steven Universe was in the process of revealing one of its principal characters to be a living lesbian relationship. It's not that daring.
>>
>>79045070
>and we were all Hype for it after the incredible Season 3?

No, I don't remember that at all. Are from some parallel universe where Korra wasn't mediocre at best and outright garbage at worst?
>>
File: semen demon.png (40 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
semen demon.png
40 KB, 258x248
>>79055429
>taking a slimy guacamole shit in the bushes behind my house
>rancid fart jets me 40 feet into the air
>break both of my legs as I land in my own shit
>avatar just smirks as she walks past me with all the cool airbenders that she's taking to her private island
>will never get to hang out with slutty under aged air bender girls that depserately need strong airbender seed to continue the lineage of our people
>>
>>79045070
and remember how it was so bland the only thing anyone cared for was Toff and the non existent lez shit that was retroactivly inserted?
>>
>>79054159
he didnt mention samurai jack, the fuck are you babbling about?
>>
File: 1425233105967.jpg (35 KB, 482x722) Image search: [Google]
1425233105967.jpg
35 KB, 482x722
>>79055580
>will never get to hang out with slutty under aged air bender girls that depserately need strong airbender seed to continue the lineage of our people
>>
>>79054816
>As for Kuvira, literally Hitler.
No, literally Mao. Earth Kingdom is literally China.
>>
>>79055767
>concentration camps
>wanted a pure earth race
>looking for excuses to start a war
>tell other leaders that wanted to restrain her nation to fuck off
>lose the war because of her own brain-dead, retarded decisions.
it's Hitler. Except she fucked up even harder because the plot demmanded it.
>>
>>79055882
why hitler?

They were doing good with post colonial build up to ww1 plus russian communist revolutions.

why skip ww1, the raging 20s, abolition, the depression, fascist uprisings, and THEN ww2?

but hell, now that they got so far ahead in technology and shit, they fucked themselves over. Nothing they can do will be nearly as interesting. The world is built to a point where bending has less use and more problems.

you cant make an Avatar sequel unless you fucking apocalypse the earth and go mad max/fallout with it.
Which is what i'd do and make the avatar and morally gray mad hatter type grease monkey just trying to survive the wasteland.

.....Maby i just saw fury road too many times.
>>
>>79056004
>why hitler?
because kuvira did nothing wrong
>>
>>79055580
>Living in Republic City
>loving family, three kids, owns the second best company in the city
>avatar liberates Satan in the middle of the city
>the fight destroys your company, and kills your wife and two of your kids
>weeks later, you work as a janitor for your rival, Future industries
>city full of spirits, but you manage to find some safe place
>for some reason, your son broke his neck when he was sneezing somehow.
>still loves him, but struggling to live
>dreams of killing the bitch that put you on that situation
>finally finds her, talking to the president
>FUCK YOU ALL, i'm not responsible for any of this! in fact, you should all be grateful that i was here to stop Vaatu. i'm not going to move a single finger to help anyone anymore.
>anger, deep down inside
>wishes guns were invented just so you could shoot her.
>>
File: sentient pear.jpg (72 KB, 482x464) Image search: [Google]
sentient pear.jpg
72 KB, 482x464
>>79056113
>tell people you dislike the avatar for these reasons
>they call you a misogynist, homophobe, racist, and ban you from their discussion group
>she celebrates by going to the after life and covering it with saliva and pussy juices
>>
>>79056113
forgot to add:
>the avatar starts dating your boss
>now also boss you around
>>
>>79056113
they really should have guns at this point.

probably make the show more interesting.

too late now, show and franchise is completely fucked.
>>
>>79056237
>yfw nick still owns the franchise and makes a new series without bryke around to ruin everything
>yfw when they hire george lucas in their place
>>
>>79056202
anyone else notice Korra created a monopoly in republic city?

she essentially destroyed everything ethical.

Also why is it called republic city?
is it even technically a republic?
is the city council elected by districts?
>>
>>79056280
i wouldnt mind them hiring the guys who split form bryke to make thundercats. Or even Genndy.

or just killed the franchise and got them to make something else.
>>
File: It can't be helped!.jpg (273 KB, 1480x924) Image search: [Google]
It can't be helped!.jpg
273 KB, 1480x924
>>79054159
>thought provoking
>Korra
>>
>>79056544
korra porn is to tier though
>>
>>79056641
meh, it gets real old real quick.
>>
File: r4In5Mh.png (374 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
r4In5Mh.png
374 KB, 720x480
Remember that really cool, mysterious villain with a unique power from AtLA season 3? Wasnt he awesome! So how about we flip his gender and add him to Korra?
>>
>>79057126
Honestly though they had no problems killing this guy or his rule 63 counter part. Despite never getting any answers on what the fuck how where they able to fire bend out the face like what.
Thier could be legions of these guys walking around and yet only 2 get screentime. Fuck avatar.
>>
>>79057126
At least Sparky Sparky Boom Girl got a more cooler and meaningful death
>>
>>79057126
>You are now aware that SSBM got name dropped more times in LoK than Azula, Suki, Mai and Ty Lee combined
>>
File: 1419988125160.gif (120 KB, 497x372) Image search: [Google]
1419988125160.gif
120 KB, 497x372
>>79054159
>thought provoking
mfw not taking the bait
>>
>>79052867
>Season 3 was damned good, as good as anything in the original series.
Not even fucking close
>>
You retarded idiots are whay we Can't have good avatar threads all you do is bitch because your headcanon was off and hate that good things happens to the main characters fuck off
>>
Remember when the trailer for Season 1 of Korra came out and everyone was hype?

And then she turned out to be a stronk empowered colored feminist bulldyke that disrespected the sole heir to Airbending who also happened to be a respectable patriarch?

Our hopes were so high, but then it turned out to be a show by tumblr for tumblr.
>>
>>79046426
First couple episodes of season 3 when lol everyone is an air bender now!!
Completely stopped watching after that, season 2 was bad enough.
>>
>>79057820
What do you expect between the end of Airbender and the Start of Korra all the Avatar threads got as bad as Frozen Generals on coming up with Fanfiction "canon" so anything Korra said that didn't line up with that sets them off Even though all that Korra does is in the bible for the first series

Outside of this place is usually very reasonable responses to things both positive and negative, except the Airbender Reddit which also tends to react similarly.
>>
File: TONK.jpg (36 KB, 432x418) Image search: [Google]
TONK.jpg
36 KB, 432x418
>>79045070
Would you guys have been alright with Korra and Asami's "relationship" if they show elaborated their feelings for each other?
>>
>>79059344
More to that point "had they been allowed" They went as far as they could building up to ending that starts in the promise of a future relationship and mutual attraction.
>>
>>79059582
If they weren't allowed then they shouldn't have hamfisted it in anyway.

Not every cartoon needs magical lesbians.

Or rather, Nickelodeon is the wrong channel for magical lesbians.
>>
>>79046773
>>79046813
>Their motivations made no fucking sense
ITT: retards
>>
File: 142489312594.jpg (66 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
142489312594.jpg
66 KB, 540x540
>>79046388
YOU MEAN LIKE, METAL GEAR SOLID?!
>>
>>79057672
The fight between Zaheer and Tenzin is generally considered to be on par with the better fights of ATLA, which is considerably more than the rest of Korra's squabbles, but that's all it has going for it.

In fact, it's telling that all of LoK's best moments had nothing or little to do with her. The Tenzin/Zaheer fight, the Death of the Earth Queen, Amon's Suicide, Varrick and Zhu Li's wedding - even Beginnings with all it's Lore Shredding is better than anything else in that season. Korra herself never got better than her first episode.
>>
>>79046914
>fucking liquid metal poison that can be metalbent breaks established rules
It didn't break any rules.

>while semi-foreshadowed if only at the bare minimum,is unnecessary and requires no movement
Lots of bending requires minimal to no movement

>the complete joke of an ending for the villain with Bolin shoving his socks in his mouth,, completely destroys any tension and feeling and comes right
But it's okay when ATLA does it?
>>
>>79046426
As stupid as it sounds, i only began having real doubts in the season 4 finale. Before that i still had hope they could pull through. What really killed it was the post-finale blogposts that confirmed they hadn't made a mistake with the ending, it was pretty much as they intended it. Haven't watched the show since, probably won't either, which is annoying because i actually used to like the world and characters enough to want Bryke to make the show good, i guess they just weren't ever up to the task.
>>
>>79053939
What is up with this fucking autist who screencaps his own posts and keep re-posting it like it's a totally objective and factually accurate representation?
>>
>>79059990

>Not every cartoon needs magical lesbians.

To point no western cartoont up till then had clearly stated it was what it was and put that up front.

I'm glad that something has been set that other things can build upon since there is now a precedent.

Steven Universe as packed full of lesbian space moms as it is could always dodge with "Space Rocks have no gender" if pushed and Clarence with Jeffs parents are only supports and easily pushed into the background or hiding one of his mothers permanently.

Not great as has been admitted but I believe its a solid place to go forward from.
>>
>>79060488
>I'm glad that something has been set that other things can build upon since there is now a precedent.

Shoving politics into cartoons where they don't belong is not a good precedent to set.

It sacrifices storytelling at the altar of a /pol/-tier obsession with identity politics.
>>
>>79060658
I don't see it as such. It something that had to be broached at some point and In still think its better being out there now since it allows those that have been holding things back more room to develop material.

Someone can pitch a cartoon with a gay or questioning lead or supporting character without the the fear that it would immediately be shot down.

I think its a good thing creatively.
>>
>>79045108

>korra disabled in a wheelchair
>red lotus still on the loose
>world leaders taking precaution as they can be their next target

it definitely ended on a hype note
>>
File: 132213.png (951 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
132213.png
951 KB, 750x750
>>79045070
>incredible Season 3
>>
>>79059114
Is it? The discussions i've seen outside of /co/ tend to disregard anything negative or try to spin it as a positive, if they even want to engage in discussion instead of calling bigot and homophobe.

Where do you get reasonable discussion of LoK?

>>79059344
At the time of airing it's possible, but not anymore.
>>
>>79060488
LoK isn't even a stepping stone to something more. It is nothing more than confirmed headcanon with no basis in the show. Just imagine the show without the post-finale blogposts, it wouldn't be getting any attention at all. Imagine it without the handholding end, no one would even think it was a possibility.
>>
>>79060964
In other words, Korra should suck so that even more politics can be shoved into cartoons.

Gamer Gate was right. SJWs really do want hobbies to be hollowed out into nothing more than a battleground for even more culture wars.
>>
Season 4 wasn't bad, it just had such a shit pay off an added characters for little to no reason like the prince guy. He was very insignificant and took away focus making it more cluttered.

The ending was so shit, I'm not even talking about the lesbians. Some shoehorned in ship at the very end of the series is no less shit but it's an insignificant minute or so after all the shit that matters happens.

The fact they introduced such a compelling villain but then had to dumb her down because Korra couldn't trade wits with her was retarded. She should've been set in her ways, the giant mech was retarded, she shouldn't have ended in a hissy fit towards her family.

It felt like Korra was finally getting built up to the point where she would actually need to not punch her way out of a problem for once and there's actions with consequences once against and all that.

Then it all gets simplified down again in some retarded mech battle. The first half of season 3 isn't that bad if too cluttered. The second half is just bad.
>>
Remember when that tall chick's head got crushed? That was the only part of Korra that got a response out of me.
>>
>>79062540

I don't know how acknowledging that gay people exist and could probably also exist in a cartoon is politics.
>>
>>79063138
It's not politics if it was part of the narrative. But this wasn't.
>>
File: 1444078515446.jpg (14 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
1444078515446.jpg
14 KB, 424x318
>all this autism
I'll just pretend LOK never existed
>>
>>79047338
Look I'm not saying those points are or aren't based in truth I'm just saying Season 3 is the best that shit show ever got.
>>
File: tumblr_ns2dexZcpL1ub2ht9o1_1280.jpg (443 KB, 700x1020) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2dexZcpL1ub2ht9o1_1280.jpg
443 KB, 700x1020
What LoK season 4 needed:

>at least 2 more scenes of Asami and Korra interaction to ease us into the ending
>a more sensible super weapon
>more time devoted to Zaheer teaching Korra
>kill off Sujin
>more Kuvira in general and especially a better reason why she would submit in the end
>>
>>79060324
>It didn't break any rules.
Metalbending only bends the earth within a metal. Since metal is usually solid, the solid metal moves with it. If the metal is liquid, all you'd bend is the earth out of it. Bending a liquid metal is impossible.

>Lots of bending requires minimal to no movement
Name one instance of it in the original series. One bending instance where no movement whatsoever is used.

>But it's okay when ATLA does it?
Yes, because they didn't literally shove a sock in Ozai's mouth. He just got insulted after being defeated and debent, righteously so, right before the ending solidified feelgood material. It wasn't jarring, it fit the tonal upswing.

Bolin shoves his sock in Zaheer's mouth, a character who had, if nothing else, dignity to himself, as a final "haha fuck you" followed by the main character literally lame and depressed. Tonal dissonance, jarring, and undeserved. Zaheer STILL killed the Earth Queen and only failed to kill Korra at that point. He was just imprisoned, but could still fly.

Which there's another thing. A fucking regicidal terrorist with flying powers was kept WITHIN FLYING DISTANCE OF THE WHITE HOUSE in Season 4. Fucking brilliant. Almost as smart as not executing the RL for 13 years.
>>
>>79063406
I'd disagree about the Korra/Asami thing, i think it should just be dropped. However i think they could have had Korra deal better with everything in the season aswell. Like not make her job as hard against Kuvira the first time or expanded on the Zaheer visit.
>>
Legend of Korra would've been much better without Korra.
>>
>>79063513
Pretty fucking telling when even the show's rabid defenders say that Book 3, the season with the least Korra, is the best part of the show along with the Wan flashbacks, which also of course don't involve Korra
>>
>>79045070
That's odd, I remember being annoyed that there would be another season of the show to ruin the franchise even further. The mediocre season three was not so much better than the bad season one which itself wasn't all that much better than the horrible season two.
>>
>>79046426
I realized that it was all probably going to be shit after the first few episodes. However, the show had so much (unrealized) potential and I'm an incurable optimist, so I still had hope that they would somehow get their shit together and salvage something of value from the disaster that was tLoK right up until the last few episodes. It was torture to watch the show with that mindset, seeing all that potential flushed down the toilet and always hoping against hope that the next exciting thing would not go the same way, but it always did.
>>
>>79045070
I just want a new platinum korra game after season 4 with the development time of transformers devastation. they can reuse as many assets as they need just add a few more enemies more costumes and more moves and I will buy the fuck out of it
>>
>>79064324
I'm embarrased to admit it, but i would actually also buy another Avatar fighting game. I have no interest in the stories they are going to work on now, but i relatively mindless fighting game could be awesome.

Also weirdly enough, the platinum game felt like it captured Korras personality better overall than most the actual show did.
>>
>>79046426
I never had much hope in it, wasn't a fan of ATLA either. But season 1 finale was where it became clear that yes, they haven't learned shit about plotting and doing the same mistakes all over again.
>>
>>79064348
the fighting game was alright but it has more risk even though I think the old one was fun.

I just rather a new platinum game because I feel it is a good direction to go
>>
>>79064374
I have only played the platinum one, is there other avatar fighting games?

And i agree, a more fleshed out platinum game would get my money.
>>
File: 1452888315247.png (227 KB, 800x740) Image search: [Google]
1452888315247.png
227 KB, 800x740
>>79063513
>>79064117
>>
>>79064450
a last air bender one but yeh I hope activision hires platinum for a sequel to this and transformers
>>
>>79064853
Doesn't it depend more on Nick wether or not we get another LoK game?
>>
>>79064871
nick has to approve it but it is up to activision to have it made they have the license. Nick just gets final say
>>
>>79064886
That sounds pretty good actually, because it means that activision can approach Nick if they believe the game will make enough money. And Nick might like money too.

Not sure how well the LoK game sold though. It might not have been profitable enough.
>>
>>79064916
The LoK with Platinum's C Team and PS2 graphics?

Yeah it sold like shit
>>
>>79057820
>bitch because your headcanon was off
we are just stating facts. You fuck off.
>>
>>79060385
Most of it is very accurate. Tell me about what is not accurate there.
>>
>>79063406
>at least 2 more scenes of Asami and Korra interaction to ease us into the ending
no, they need romantic buildup, and NOT just interaction.

>a more sensible super weapon
i'm okay with giant mecha, as long as Kuvira doesn't turn to be brain dead and goes inside Republic city when she can shoot from kilometers of distance

>more time devoted to Zaheer teaching Korra
no. Just no.
>>
>>79063469
>Metalbending only bends the earth within a metal
not him, but that's never stated in the show. Metalbending does just that; bends metal. Purity IS important for that bending, but this doesn't mean it works by bending those parts. If it was that way the tension should break the metal, and not bend it.

>One bending instance where no movement whatsoever is used.
on the beginning Katara breaks an iceberg by yelling at Sokka. Does that count?
>>
>>79064611
they are actually correct, in the sense that S02, S03 and S04 would not have happened without Korra. She caused all the events, so the world is better without her.
>>
>>79067398
I'm actually pretty sure it is exactly how they state metal bending to work. As in they bend the impurities in the metal. Perhaps it shouldn't work like that, but it is how it was explained.

The katara thing you might be righ though. Also didn't King Bumi bend with his face alone?
>>
>>79067353
Learning from Zaheer was a crux of Korra's development, which got cut short.
It could have been a very powerful sequence, signaling the full realization of her character development.

Cutting this crucial part short, really hurt the season.
>>
>>79067318
It really isn't. It's clearly written by someone that hates the show as a whole and doesn't want to cut them any slack, to the point where quite a few of those are just plain wrong. But I get it, someone went through all the effort of putting there salt into one singular post and you don't want to forget it.
>>
>>79064916
it sold bad but everyone was shitting on how rushed it is I think Activision knows that though. So to get a sequel it would require demand for it.
>>
>>79067398
>on the beginning Katara breaks an iceberg by yelling at Sokka. Does that count?

No, because she was gesturing wildly while yelling and the iceberg was damaged in time with her gestures.
>>
>>79067765
>I'm actually pretty sure it is exactly how they state metal bending to work
they don't state it like that at all. I checked not too long ago in a discussion like that. Actually, the guru wasn't even talking about metalbending when he talked about what metal is.

>>79068220
>Learning from Zaheer was a crux of Korra's development, which got cut short.
zaheer teaching her at all was ridiculous. I know his motivation is retarded, but at least he should stand by it and not help the avatar.

>>79068285
- it's inaccurate
- where exactly?
- i don't have to tell you!

>>79068386
she didn't even wanted to break the iceberg. She was literally just.. yelling at Sokka. If it was like you say, i mean, 'just movement', every time a bender walks he should fuck everything.
>>
>>79069615
>zaheer teaching her at all was ridiculous. I know his motivation is retarded, but at least he should stand by it and not help the avatar.
Yeah, I'm sure an Anarchist will be okay with a fascist dictator taking power, because he's salty at the girl he tried to kill.

From Zaheer's perspective maintaining the status quo would be the lesser evil here.

It's pretty self-explanatory why he'd help her.
Although it'd be even better if Korra actually had to persuade him. Which is one of the reasons it was hurtful to the Season that that sequence got cut short.
>>
>>79070342
>Yeah, I'm sure an Anarchist will be okay with a fascist dictator taking power, because he's salty at the girl he tried to kill.
he is not an 'anarchist'. He just wanted chaos because he thought it was good. Somehow. If he really knew what Kuvira was doing, i doubt he would say anything about it. To put it simple: Zaheer never 'wanted chaos' as it happened all over the earth nation. He really thought it was going to be good when it wasn't. Kuvira helped, in this case (earth nation was much better than the chaos it was), and until that point i don't see a lot of reason for him to get involved, also considering he thinks relying on the avatar is a bad thing.

>From Zaheer's perspective maintaining the status quo would be the lesser evil here.
I don't think he would maintain the status quo (as in: chaos on the earth nation). Actually, at the time, they would just put Wu at the throne so it's basically a choice of Wu x Kuvira. The real question is: did Zaheer knew all that?
>>
>>79070718
Zaheer is basicly an anarchist. And Korra kinda told him that Kuvira was a fascist dictator, the very thing he was trying to rid the world of.
>>
>>79070997
>help me get rid of this fascist dictator so we can put our dictator in power.
it does makes me wonder how much zaheer knew.
>>
>>79064611
>accuses others of faggotry
>SU reaction image
He's right though. Korra was the worst part about the show.
>>
There was nothing wrong with season 4.

It should have been Season 2, that's all
>>
>>79045224
All of that fire bending. Where's the earth, man?
>>
File: 1428948802654.gif (478 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428948802654.gif
478 KB, 640x480
>>79071474
>There was nothing wrong with season 4.
did you even watch the show?
>>
>>79063138
oh come off it tumblr, you aren't fooling anybody
>>
>>79062540
you're just figuring that out?
>>
>>79045070
Season 3 was not "incredible." It had extremely low expectations to live up to, and just being marginally not as shitty as Season 2 was apparently enough to make fans forgive the fact that the show was never good and should have been thrown into the trash after Season 2. And then Steamvangelion showed up in Season 4 and some people still watched this shit.
>>
>>79071659
Did you
>>
>>79076526
Are you seriously implying that there was nothing wrong with book 4?
>>
>>79076578
No nothing the show was good the only one that was bad was book 2 you idiots just want a korra hate Circle jerk
>>
>>79076526
Kuvira going inside Republic city for no reason with a weapon that can shoot at kilometers of distance? not ring any bells?
>>
>>79067353
>no, they need romantic buildup, and NOT just interaction.
They needed both, man. I never cared about Asami because she was a boring character, but she was treated awfully in terms of characterization.

>get a semblance of a good plot in season 1 but you're mostly just there to cause tension between Korra and Mako
>your plot in book 2 is literally given to Mako and Bolin and then you get to accidentally revive the love triangle for all of one episode
>become Korra's sidekick in book 3 and don't even do a good job at it
>serve no purpose in book 4 except to literally be sad and be a love interest

All Bryke ever did was talk about how much they loved Asami and how she was basically an apology to Seychelle after TLA killed her career, but it never came across that way in the show. She was so damn irrelevant except for moments that didn't matter in the grand scheme of the show. Every moment that could have been Asami's was handed to another character. If I was an Asami fan who didn't rely on headcanon in order to enjoy her, I'd be pissed.
>>
File: 1zbH3ma.png (294 KB, 1265x1819) Image search: [Google]
1zbH3ma.png
294 KB, 1265x1819
>>79069615
>- it's inaccurate
>- where exactly?
>- i don't have to tell you!
You've posted the same goddamn screencap a dozen times. And that's after archive.moe died, so there's probably another dozen missing. It all has the same filename, meaning you're probably uploading it straight from your own computer. I remember you first posting it and you said it's your own post.

So you've posted a screencap of your own post and re-posting it dozens of times like it's a goddamn gospel when it's been explained multiple times that half that shit is subjective you flaming autist.
>>
>>79078614
interesting enough, most of those are not me.

the point of the screencap is to make things easier to explain. If i had to write every part wrong with the show (the screencap doesn't even cover everything) every time someone makes stupid statements like "why do you think it's bad" or "there is nothing wrong with it", it's just a waste of my time.

now, do you actually have an argument against any of my points?
>>
>>79078888
>interesting enough, most of those are not me.
They all have the exact same filename, instead of 154643636436.png or whatever it shows up as when you save it, so 95% chance it's all you.
>>
File: 1401827927073.jpg (27 KB, 245x397) Image search: [Google]
1401827927073.jpg
27 KB, 245x397
>Talking about Korra
>2016
>>
>>79052650
>Critics loved it
No, absolutely not. Do a quick google search prior to the LESBIANS!! xD ending. Many disliked the episode, including internet feminists. Tack on the lesbians ending, and you have yourself a 10/10 show according to them. It fits their agenda, and that's all that matters.

>Fans loved it.
Only tumblrinas

>Even /co/ liked the show
Speak for yourself
>>
>>79079394
>Many disliked the episode
disliked the show*

sorry
>>
>>79078990
the filename appears differently to you? here is not that at all.

but again, you could try to make a better argument if you really want to attack the post.
>>
>>79067398
Remember the mecha? If I'm not wrong, It was made of a pure metal, non bendable by metal benders.
I think that's another retcon, then.
>>
>>79049179
This is false. I convinced a couple of friends who abandoned the series after S1 of coming back. They enjoyed that "I told you" at the end.
They don't even know what's 4chan.
>>
>>79079951
as i said, there is a connection between metalbending and purity, but this doesn't mean "metalbending works by moving the minerals inside the metal". It's weird to consider you only move some parts of the metal; Toph was able to literally bend the metal to cover her body as a metal armor. If she could only move certain parts of it, this shouldn't be possible; the metal should break, or at least that metal has a stupidly high amount of impurity. Most likely metalbending can really bend everything on the metal. A weird comparison would be how bloodbending doesn't move only the water in the blood (even if the blood is mostly water anyway).
>>
>>79080160
Ok
>>
>>79079394
>No, absolutely not. Do a quick google search prior to the LESBIANS!! xD ending. Many disliked the episode, including internet feminists. Tack on the lesbians ending, and you have yourself a 10/10 show according to them. It fits their agenda, and that's all that matters.

Even prior to the Series finale, the show was well loved by critics. Do some actual research yourself.

The show has a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, and the 3rd Season has a 100%
IMDb's rating is 8.7/10 from 60,484 votes
TV.com rates the show an 8/10

Critics generally liked Book 1, only a few criticized it for things like shorter arcs, the ending, and pro-bending.

Oddly enough, critics liked Book 2 a lot as well. The animation and color treatment was praised, and they loved Beginnings 1&2.

Book 3, as I mentioned, was critically acclaimed.

Book 4 was well liked by critics, and a lot of them liked the ending too.

>Only tumblrinas
No, basically every place there is to discuss ATLA/TLOK many people loved it. Only Post-Finale /co/ has this absurd hate-boner for the show.

>Speak for yourself
If you were around when the show was airing, you'd know that most of /co/ liked it. There was a good section of autists who made their own threads to hate the show, but the general liked it and had few complaints.

However, most of them left once the show was over or have moved on since there isn't really much to discuss any more. All that's really left is a band of aspie's who started making threads ever other week(often more) in January last year sperging about the show.

Go on desustorage and look through the archives of the generals.
>>
>>79080160
three of my friends as well. Two of them stopped after S02 and came back only when the show was over with. Two of them (normies) simply didn't care about the show. They didn't overanalyze it or anything; they simply thought it wasn't good. The third one liked it but agree with the many flaws people point out (except Korrasami. He liked it, or at leat wasn't bothered by it)
>>
>>79049179
Not true. I have a friend who's never once been to 4chan and gave up on Korra a while ago.
>>
>>79080257
not him, but most of those 'critics' doesn't make an actual critic. As you point out in: "Critics generally liked Book 1, only a few criticized it for things like shorter arcs, the ending, and pro-bending.", only a few critics actually talk about the flaws. The others, like ign, ignores them.

>Oddly enough, critics liked Book 2
what did i tell you?

>Book 4 was well liked by critics, and a lot of them liked the ending too.
>and a lot of them liked the ending too
i will take /co/'s opinion anytime before those critics.

>every place there is to discuss ATLA/TLOK many people loved it
tell me one place other than /co/ where they make deep analysis on the series and liked it. We shouldn't count "lesbians, 10/10" here.

>If you were around when the show was airing, you'd know that most of /co/ liked it
many people of that time say that there was a lot of criticism, especially after S01/S02.
>>
>>79045070
Yeah, biggest let down ever. Korra has one of the few trailers where its actually better than it really is, it's only second to the Man of Steel trailer in terms of disappointment.
>>
>>79054085
It was a "twist"
I'm not even a "Korra hater". It was really badly done. I think the show wasn't that abomination some people say. It has its nice moments but it wasn't very good.

One of the things that I hated more was that ending. Why? Because people who liked it, tends to excuse it as well done, with silly excuses trying to leave you in the wrong.

Things like: You shouldn't suppose anything, if they don't say otherwise anything can be". Referring to the sexuality of Korra and Asami. Even to the point of saying, any character can be bisexual if nobody says the contrary. So Optimus Prime is potentially bi. Hmmmm. That's just bad narrative. Even the creators used the card of "the hetero lenses", and those are just bad excuses. They even had to explain the ending in a post. How is that good? It's show don't tell.

They have to make you root for those two since some point in the story. Leave you waiting for them to end together. Thinking "They can't end together anyway, it's american kids television". Then, they should give you that ending. THAT would be a nice way to do the things but bringing that thing out of nowhere? Nopes.
>>
File: 1452346111520.gif (1 MB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1452346111520.gif
1 MB, 500x350
>>79080525
>>
>>79081575
c'mon bro, just stating facts.
>>
>>79045382
Season one was good, minus the love triangle.
Season two was good, minus the shit final fight.
Season three was perfect.
Season four was good, but I didn't like how everybody was pretty disconnected until the very end.

Good show. 9/10
>>
>>79080525
>not him, but most of those 'critics' doesn't make an actual critic.

They were actual critics, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra#Critical_response
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(season_1)#Reviews
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(season_2)#Reception
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(season_3)#Reception
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(season_4)#Reception

>i will take /co/'s opinion anytime before those critics.
Good for you.

>tell me one place other than /co/ where they make deep analysis on the series and liked it. We shouldn't count "lesbians, 10/10" here.

Since when did you have to make a deep analysis to like a show? If you think all cartoons need to be deeply analyzed then you're just retarded.

Literally everywhere else, like the /r/TheLastAirbender, ATLA/TLOK Wikia, Avatarspirit, etc all generally liked the show. They do acknowledge flaws when people bring them up and don't just blindly praise the show.

>many people of that time say that there was a lot of criticism, especially after S01/S02.
There was criticism, but people still liked the show. You can criticize flaws in something and still like it. The generals for the show were a lot of fun, I kind of miss them, especially because of all of these hate threads that get made. It was fun to be able to talk about the show without sperglords screaming about lesbians or what they think was objectively wrong or any other stupid shit.
>>
>>79057356
uh.
>>
>>79045070
I wouldn't know. Season 2 raped me so hard that it gave me PTSD so I stopped watching. I've never made a better decision in my life. Now I fully enjoy Korra threads knowing that I will never finish the series.

It's like having PTSD from a violent rape, and in your support group for other victims of violent rape a guy bursts in and systematically rapes everyone including you, except someone gave you a lot of drugs after and you went into a coma for a year so you don't even remember it happening and then woke up with no ill effects, but the other people who were raped by the same guy didn't get the drugs and their anuses were also permanently damaged and now they sit around bitching about it years later.

It feels pretty good desu
>>
>>79078614
So are you gonna refute the points or are you just baiting?
>>
>>79078614
Thank you sir.
>>
>>79085759
There's no actual point to arguing in Korra hateboner threads. It just ends up being an endless series of point for point arguments between two idiots that are too stubborn to admit defeat.
>>
>>79085941
soooo /co/?
>>
>>79085568
>>
>>79085568
That's a hell of an act, what do you call it?
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.