[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there will never be a NiGHTS animated series Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1450330915406.png (84 KB, 240x442) Image search: [Google]
1450330915406.png
84 KB, 240x442
>tfw there will never be a NiGHTS animated series

Seriously, it would be incredible. Each episode, different crazy dreams and nightmares.
>>
NiGHTs worked well as a game because it could just be surreal shit and didn't need a storyline or super coherent worldbuilding to tie the gameplay together (this is where Journey of Dreams loses a lot of its appeal)

I feel like an animated series would also have to focus too much on plot which would take away from the appeal of NiGHTs.
>>
File: 1450587377530.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1450587377530.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>
I love you.
>>
>>79044266
Part of me wishes Disney would buy Sega just because Sega is SHIT at leveraging their IPs.

Shenmue movie, NiGHTS animated film, and a Space Channel 5 cartoon? Yes please.
>>
>>79044685
>I want everything to be whored out until it's shit instead of letting good things just exist on their own.

It it totally baffling to me complaining about sequels or under utilization of IPs with Sega because I feel like it's so opposite to what made me a fan in the first place. We wouldn't even HAVE games like NiGHTs and Space Channel 5 is Sega had gone the Nintendo route and just focused on the same 6 IPs from the Genesis era.
>>
File: 3timesarcadia.jpg (920 KB, 1375x2330) Image search: [Google]
3timesarcadia.jpg
920 KB, 1375x2330
>>79044685
I just want a new Skies of Arcadia.
Or a HD re-release of the original.
Please Sega.
Pls.
>>
>>79044802
>Was supposed to be in the second wave of Dreamcast rereleases on Steam
>The second wave thst NEVER HAPPENED
>>79044775
Eh, as opposed to, what, the yearly Sonic game of the last decade? At least if they did sequels to other franchises it would break up that monotony a bit.
>>
A new comic would be good, too.
>>
>>79044867
Was the Archie comics miniseries any good?
>>
>>79045721

Oh my, no.

But the potential is there.
>>
>>79045764
Really, what was wrong with it?

And didn't NiGHTS appear in a Sonic comic recently?
>>
>>79046031

Well, there were two minis.

The first 3 issues had crap art, but it was a decent enough adaptation of the game. The second mini, on the other hand, had terrible art AND a stupid story that barely focused on NiGHTS at all.

And yeah, NiGHTS and Reala were part of the last Sonic/Mega Man crossover, not that they did all that much.
>>
Fret not fellow nights fan, it had a comic series.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/comics/comics1.htm
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.