[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of youtube animators/animations in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: HTF.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HTF.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
What do you guys think of youtube animators/animations in general?

A dying breed with no future? Pic related.
>>
>>79038855
It's become a novelty, rather than a viable way to make money, because of the way YouTube monitizes their videos. It takes a lot longer to make an animated video compared to other forms of video. YouTube pays more the longer a viewer watches a video, and animated shorts typically last around 3 minutes but takes months to create for indie animators. The result is smaller pay for months of work that can't compete with creators who upload daily. YouTube animation is dead.
>>
>>79039173
So... anything that takes time to make but is quality gets nothing but all the letsplayers/livebloggers make bank?
>>
>>79039201
Pretty much.
>>
>>79039276
Damn that really blows.
>>
File: 1447521170114.jpg (95 KB, 850x370) Image search: [Google]
1447521170114.jpg
95 KB, 850x370
>>79039173
First post is the best post.
>>
>>79039201
Sad but true. At least it's better than paying by the click.
>>
File: yt earnigns.png (18 KB, 389x431) Image search: [Google]
yt earnigns.png
18 KB, 389x431
I'm an animator, earnings are grim.

Pre 2012 i'd earn 5-7k a month for 2-4 million views easily, but after the change it plummeted, hard, month by month.

Now 2-3 million views a month get me about $800 - $1.4k.

Pic related:
>>
>>79039358
topkek
get a real job
>>
>>79039173
and that's only if you don't get marked by some record company for using your song, I do it but not for the money but for portfolio purposes (to the point that the first thing I made was called "portfolio filler"), I'm not even eligible for a partnership.
>>
>>79039403
*their song
>>
>>79039386
I pretty much have to. The joke is if i go work for a "real animation firm", those same animations will be sold to be shown on TV for that same ad revenue, except i'll just be another nameless animator.

For a long while i thought youtube was about to give animators a chance, and then the replygirl shit happened and letsplays became popular and youtube did the calculations and decided quality wasn't worth it.

I mean i can't blame them since it's their site in the end, but it really hurts to be able to live off making your own animations and then having it ripped away.
>>
>>79039358
I guess you guys just have to get more creative on how you manipulate places like YT for money
>>
>>79039467
I know what youtube want's but i have no idea how to do it. Youtubes algorithm to get the same earnings pre 2012 requires you to upload almost every day and have videos that are at laest10 minutes long so you have pre roll/end roll ads, as well as a ton of mid roll ads throughout the video
>>
>>79039503
what about 3D animation? Isnt that pretty easy to do? Ive seen minecraft and SFM videos that are like 10 min each with asinine plots that get millions of views.
>>
>>79039561
SFM vidieos actually take a lot of time to do as well, it's not one day thing. Plus you'll have all your fans yelling at you for not doing your regular staff and unsub cause everyone thinks animating is ezpz.
>>
>>79039325
>Flakey is a girl

What
>>
>>79039386
No u
>>
File: Voicesofdoomnicalorber.png (818 KB, 906x689) Image search: [Google]
Voicesofdoomnicalorber.png
818 KB, 906x689
>>79039775
It's canon!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.