[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this movie so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 645963.jpg (638 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
645963.jpg
638 KB, 1920x1280
Why was this movie so shit?
>>
I liked it
If you liked the first one you should like the second one too
If not you're probably one of those huge faggots that hate everything that includes modern social media
>>
>>79035127
It's a huge fucking step down from Sony's previous CWACOM
>>
>>79035127
no argument here, just get the fuck out
>>
>>79035117

I like the first one. Does this one suffer fro sequelitis?
>>
First one was okay because insecure dad Adam Sandler ultimately bonding with his potential son in law. Neither character was great but their interactions together were nice, the movement was nice, and the hotel had a lot of gags and stuff thrown about.

In this 1/3 of the movie is your standard "road trip" with the "drac pack". The kid is basically a completely mute plot device so all you have is Adam Sandler bouncing bad jokes off a small baby mime. What amounts to the largest plot in the movie feels like it occurred in about five minutes. Not the good "oh wow where did the time go" but "I'm sorry I spaced out the second they got in the car guess they're back".

It's sort of just like a worse version of the first one. It's Adam Sandler dealing with having to let go of his (grand)child only but, again, the kid only talks more than a few sentences towards the end of the movie so Adam Sandler is the only one actually having any issues and who fucking cares what Drac's going through when it's literally the same issues he dealt with in the first movie. Mavis acts like a mom when the movie calls for it but then is the bright eyed new to the world vampire teen when they want those jokes (it's still fucking weird how the parents still look and act 16 despite having a kid) and her issues never really go anywhere.

But really I guess none of that shit gets into why it's not that great. Johnny and Mavis were cute when they were getting to know each other. In this they're married and mostly doing okay so their B plot is boring. Count Sandler was endearing when dealing with being an overprotective dad and fucking around with the human kid but in this there's nobody for him to really interact with (the "drac pak" are not characters they are orbiting gags) so it's just Adam Sandler making bad jokes with the cartoon equivalent of the crew he usually gets to star with him in his bad live action films.
>>
>>79035170
Cloudy's sequel wasn't all that great either though.
>>
>>79035117

it was a funny roadtrip movie for a while, they should've kept it like that till the end.
>>
>>79035117
Adam Sandler practically hijacked the project. Genndy even went on a record on a interview with cartoon brew if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>79035537
only the power of the were-pussy can awake Dennis's vampire powers
>>
>>79035247
Damn. I never thought I'd read an in-depth analysis of HT2 but here we are. Well done. A+
>>
Movie moved too fast and went nowhere.

Great Grandpa changed his beliefs for NO FUCKING REASON. If you've hated humans your 3000+ year existence you won't change your mind in 5 minutes.

Adam Sandler was the only one really talking in the 1.5 hours.
>>
Saw the first one today for the first time. It was fun and charming until about 2/3 of the way through, and then it was a mess.
>>
>>79035117
it was better than the first one
>>
>>79035675
>If you've hated humans your 3000+ year existence you won't change your mind in 5 minutes.
you do if your grand grandson turns out to be a human, your granddaughter hates you and your son loves humans now.
>>
>>79035718
If you've eaten and sucked souls you don't just change because the family who never invites you over turned out to have some humans in it. He's a monster, not a Jewish mom.
>>
>>79035768
>He's a monster
You DO realize monsters in this universe are just like humans except with some weird bodies or super powers, right? Their minds are just as evil or good as humans.
There have been million of cases in reallife where someone hated a certain group of people but then accepted them after they became part of the family.
>>
>>79035117
Adam Sandler was allowed to write the script this time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.