[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is DC thinking with Batman's retarded voice? Batfleck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: Batman-V-Batman-F[1].jpg (313 KB, 1626x1052) Image search: [Google]
Batman-V-Batman-F[1].jpg
313 KB, 1626x1052
What is DC thinking with Batman's retarded voice? Batfleck is even more goofy than Bale ffs, it's 100% goofy and 0% intimidating

Netflix Daredevil nailed the intimidating voice without the stupid growling
>>
>>79035074
>>>/tv/
>>
File: Darepig.jpg (134 KB, 1280x1768) Image search: [Google]
Darepig.jpg
134 KB, 1280x1768
>>79035074
>Netflix Daredevil nailed the intimidating voice without the stupid growling

Too bad the same can't be said about the costume.
>>
Not everyone can be Kevin Conroy, but Bales is still 100x more ridiculous
>>
>>79035074
>Batfleck is even more goofy than Bale ffs
I don't agree. I thought Bale was sounding like he was struggling to put on the voice, at least it seems to be more natural for Affleck, it doesn't entirely distort his face every time he speaks.

I'm fine with it.
>>
>>79035262
AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH
>>
Putting aside Conroy's talent as a voice actor asid the DCAU voice direction was smart in that the playboy Bruce Wayne persona was the voice where they decided to put on the affectation, not Batman.

So when Bruce is at home, or in the batcave with his hood down, or talking to his allies, that's his real voice, but when he's hamming it up for the parties it sounds higher and more sarcastic.
>>
>>79035074
Maybe they're finally going corny/camp i.e. so over the top it get's fun? Sure it wouldn't suit DKReturns at all, but hey, people wanted more fun films, right?
>>
>>79035413
>Putting aside Conroy's talent as a voice actor
What talent? He's a monotonous piece of shit. Have you played the Arkham series? Smith's Batman shits all over Conroy's 3 cracks.
>>
>>79035430
He was the best in Arkham games, shill
>>
>>79035432
When Darth Vader is more emotional than Batman something is seriously wrong. You're the shill.
>>
>>79035430
>using Arkham series as an indication of Conroy's skill
Rocksteady Arkham games have shit voice direction. Can't blame Conroy for it.
>>
>>79035074
I don't think Batfleck sounds goofy, but it does feel like they used to many after effects on his voice.
Bale legit made me laugh in some scenes though, and so far Batfleck hasn't done the same, but who knows?
not that it'll matter to me on my first viewing since I'll be watching a dubbed version
>>
>>79035763
>not that it'll matter to me on my first viewing since I'll be watching a dubbed version
What language?

Dubs invariable suck asshole.
>>
>>79035430
Have you not watched BTAS? Or the JLU?
>>
>>79035778
Russian. The TV spots haven't been dubbed yet, but judging by the main trailer they're not planning to go all out on Bats' voice, it's just a pitch lower than Bruce's.
>>
>>79035430
>Have you played the Arkham series?

>judging kc on some faggy game

oh man you millenial babbies are such fags all of the time
>>
>>79035430
>Have you played the Arkham series?
Have you watched Mask of the Phantasm?

Besides as many others are pointing out voice direction always trumps voice acting
>>
>>79035829
I'm guessing you're a Russian that understand english enough to converse with the rest of us faggots just fine.

That being said, would you prefer to watch it dubbed, subbed or au naturale?
>>
>>79035850
I'd prefer to watch it in English, but obviously most theatres will be showing the dubbed version. Besides, most of my friends would struggle with English anyway, so dubbed version it is, at least for the first viewing.
>>
>>79035829
>Russian
Man, I remember how dubbers made Bale sound demonic as Batman instead of his original silly voice in the dub of Batman Begins

It was one of the few decent decisions made by Russian dubbers. Maybe they can do that again.
>>
File: 1442963155776.jpg (91 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1442963155776.jpg
91 KB, 900x600
>>79035074
>Batfleck is even more goofy than Bale ffs, it's 100% goofy and 0% intimidating

Jesus titty fucking christ. Yes because someone sneaking up on you with cancer voice is so intimidating.

On a serious note, at least we can fuckin understand what Batfleck is saying, seriously wtf did Balebats say to the Joker at the end of TDK? Because, I still have no fucking clue.
>>
>>79035074
Batfleck's not growling, he's using a voice changer like Arrow.
>>
>>79035925
- Do you know how I got these scars?

- I know how you got these
>>
>>79035922
> sound demonic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khHFAL3Ugag
>>
>>79035940
Thats the ONLY thing I actually understood, everything else might as well of been fuckin french.
>>
>>79035262
It's got the same "Kevlar/Seatbelt" look as the BvS suit so what's the problem?
>>
>>79035979
>Burgundy instead of red
>swat tacticool shit
>no DD symbol
Why is Marvel ashamed of DarelDevil?
>>
>>79035960
They don't always use the same VA in the trailer and movie though
>>
>>79036036

Yeah I wish he was wearing bright red spandex, that would look intimidating.
>>
>>79035074
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>79036165

>he actually thinks the BvS batman is good
>>
File: 1448974729957.jpg (24 KB, 327x468) Image search: [Google]
1448974729957.jpg
24 KB, 327x468
>>79035979
Are you blind or something?
>>
Is there a particular point to doing the voice thing?
It's not intimidating, too goofy for that.
Barely worth hiding his voice, not like he has a distinguishable accent like Matthew McConaughey or something.
>>
>>79035838
Oh I see you're going to pretend the Arkham series isn't GOAT all because of one shit sequel Typical /v/tard. And just to defend a children's cartoon. I grew up on BTAS while you probably remember from when you were way out of their target audience age range.
>>
>>79036161
I just wish it wasn't a clear spinoff of MCU's Captain America shit. I don't hate it though.
>>
>It's time you learn what it means to be a man
If that didn't sound pitch perfect you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>79036424
>Oh I see you're going to pretend the Arkham series isn't GOAT all because of one shit sequel Typical /v/tard.
not at all

i don't play video games at all
i've just seen it on youtube and it's all shit
>I grew up on BTAS while you probably remember from when you were way out of their target audience age range.
kek i doubt that millenial
why don't you go back to your video games lmao
>>
>>79035074
I'm perfectly fine with the voice. They had to try something different after all the critisism on Bale's batvoice.

I just want to know what the fuck DC were thinking showing Doomsday in the trailer. They could have just shown the scene of something leaping out of Luthor's lab and smashing into the ground outside in a cloud of dust, and his growl sfx playing while showing the reaction of batman, superman and wonderwoman.
Every cunt and their dog would be taking screengrabs, pissing around with the contrast and trying to guess what it was. "it's Bizarro", "it's Doomsday", "it's Metallo", "no you fuckers, it's blatantly Starro". They could have had self generating hype from the fans and internet, rather than everyone saying it looks like a cavetroll with an extra chromosome.
>>
File: seWKWI5DwoE.jpg (44 KB, 568x604) Image search: [Google]
seWKWI5DwoE.jpg
44 KB, 568x604
>>79036623
>what the fuck DC were thinking showing Doomsday in the trailer.
Toys.
>>
>>79036176

Fuck off marvel kiddie
>>
>>79036642
Buy they didn't even make Doomsday toys
>>
>>79036236

Imagine you're somebody as rich and famous as Bruce Wayne; the dude's probably given thousands of interviews on TV and radio over the years.

Somebody would start joining the dots at some stage, particularly when every journalist in Gotham City no doubt wants to be the one who unmasks the Bat.
>>
>>79036704
And yet he leaves his chin exposed. Is there capeshit that isn't utterly retarded?
>>
>>79036704
He has an obvious as fuck mole and has too many toys to be mistaken for many other people on the planet. Really the only reason no one's figured him out yet is because the entire DC universe is actually mentally retarded.
>>
>>79035074
There's no winning with you faggots anyways.

How many throat cancer comments with Bale were there? If Affleck used his regular voice it would be too soft spoken and not intimidating. Modulator is a good compromise.
>>
>>79036775
It's not meant to make sense, e.g. Superman is never recognized and he's not even disguised.

It's been a long time since I saw it, but Michael Keaton didn't do any weird voice in the "original" movie did he? And AFAIK people think he was good in the role.
>>
File: 1451334416626.jpg (197 KB, 1200x870) Image search: [Google]
1451334416626.jpg
197 KB, 1200x870
He sounds fine. His delivery of his lines thus far have been perfect. Do you seriously think "WHERE IS SHE" sounds better than anything Batffleck has said this far?
>>
>>79036642
Irons is 67
>>
>>79037202
Do you have any idea how many people were saying that Batman using a voice changer would be a good idea, especially after Bale's throat cancer imitation?

Now that they've actually done it, surprise surprise, /co/ is pretending to hate it. And I say pretending because when the very first trailer dropped, everybody loved that "Do you bleed?" line and the robo voice it was delivered in.
>>
>>79035262
The ham of Hell's Kitchen
>>
>>79037286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
There is slight difference in his voice.
>>
>>79036704
You know, call me crazy, but the sort of people that Batman sees face-to-face most often (i.e. criminals) are probably too preoccupied with the fact that they're getting the shit beat out of them or being branded with a hot iron to focus on his vocal patterns or facial features. Add to that the fact that Batman operates exclusively at night, and his whole MO is to move quickly and strike from the shadows, and I doubt anybody will figure it out any time soon.

Clark is going to figure it out because x-ray vision, and Lex will probably figure it out somehow, but do please tell me, who else, exactly, is going to connect these dots?
>>
What ill be interested in is if he can modulate it further to sound really scary while chasing some criminale
>>
>>79035074
Ahhh what a jackass.
The voice is very good. Stop your crying damn drone.
>>
>>79038561
That's what all batactors should do. Just tone down their voices a bit and sound more forceful, not doing the stupid growling shit.
>>
>>79039074
Arrow does it well. I mean, Stephen Amell's real voice is a lot higher than the one he puts on for Ollie outside the costume. I'm not talking about the modulator thing, either.
>>
>>79035262
Season 2 variant looks better.
>>
>>79035979
The Nose and the way the brow is scrunched up make him look like a downy
>>
>>79036161
>it's okay when Marvel does it!
>>
>>79036642
I feel like Irons will kill it as Alfred but he'll be killed off tell me I'm wrong /co/
>>
>>79035074
Hi, Disney shill. Before I answer your question, why don't you explain for me what Disney is thinking making every Marvel hero an interchangeable quip dispenser?
>>
>>79035074
Sounds pretty cool. Not everyone is blessed with Kevin Conroy's voice.
>>
>>79035262
More leather/tacticool garbage.

Why can only japanese get flashy spandex súper hero outfits
>>
The suit and voice are arguably the best live action bats we have gotten to date. (honorable mention is Adam because its a different era and you just have to love him.) Bale was a good Bruce, just a shit batman outside of BB. As time went on he just forced the voice more and more
>>
Honestly I like Batfleck's voice modifier or whatever it is, and I'm surprised it took this long to implement it in a Batman flick.

One of the biggest problems I had with TDKR is the fact that Batsy's voice and Bane's voice turned it into a fucking comedy. I hated seeing the movie in theaters because I couldn't understand a fucking word either of them said.

On that note, does Batfleck sound a bit like Ultron to anyone else?
>>
OP is a retarded fucking shill. It sounds fine and Dardevil literally doesn't change his voice at all in the suit, that's just Charlie Cox American accent.
>>
>>79035074
>Batman's retarded voice
Battfleck is hiding his real voice.
>>
Basically, everything except one early trailer points to this movie being aggressively mediocre.
>>
>>79040116
You're not wrong. Joker will probably kill him and then Batman will laugh about it with him.
>>
>>79035262
Holy shit this makes all the CW plether costumes look good.
>>
>>79036704
All of this go into the trash as soon as you figure that they live in a universe where Superman and Clark can be in the same room at the same time and people won't ever mention how the two of them look alike.
>>
>>79035413
Yeah whatshername Romano is a great voice director
>>
>>79040147
Every single DC thread. Be it on /co/ or /tv/. If someone say anything negative about this shit movie some DCdrone will appear to call him a shill.
>>
>>79035074
YOU
HAVEN'T
SEEN
THE
MOVIE
YET
>>
>>79035262
That costume is gross.
Ben Affleck did better.
>>
I don't really mind Batfleck's voice, but I was surprised and a bit disappointed that it wasn't specifically for when he's in his power armor, which is what I thought it would be from the first trailer. It sounds so electronic, it's weird to hear it coming from him when he's just in the normal Batman outfit. I'll probably get used to it when watching the movie though.
>>
>>79039248
It's getting higher as he gets happier.
>>
>>79036161
topkek

When has Daredevil ever been about intimidation? Marvel never does accurate costumes, they're scared of what the public with think.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.