[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has this theory been completely demolished? >Rose is Pink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
So has this theory been completely demolished?

>Rose is Pink Diamond!
>>Uh no, she's a Quartz
>Its really a diamond!
>>No, Peridot even recognizes the gem as a Quartz when she sees Steven
>Diamond is just a title!
>>As we've seen the diamonds are literally diamonds

Is there any reason to believe Rose is Pink Diamond aside from the fact that she's pink?
>>
I'd also like to add that any theory of Lapis being BD was dumb from the outset.
>>
Rose and Pearl are the ex-bodyguard and servant of Pink Diamond. If each Diamond represents a humor, then Pink is passion, explaining Rose's mentality.
>>
there's a theory gaining traction in some places that the diamonds are fusions. also that rose is just really good at shapeshifting.

i don't think she's a diamond but they are keeping pink diamond a secret.
>>
Pearl used to like pie but was retconned as "she likes making pies." Weather its animation or live action, writers for tv series don't plan the entire show ahead years in advance. They may have a general idea or guide and plan but not every detail. Art is also fickle by nature and artists change the stroke of their brushes from one direction to another. Dont really care whether she is a diamond but just saying, despite all evidence pointing to her not being one they could as easily just do it cause they would find it cool or something.
>>
>>79033528
The thing is, most of these points have been established recently.
>>
The show is basically written by the fans at this point, so if the fans want Rose to be Pink Diamond enough, the writers will concede.
>>
>>79033474
That was a real theory?
>>
>>79033488
I really doubt a gem can shapeshift their actual gem.
>>
>>79033552
please, peridot getting redeemed had nothing to do with the fans. also, this theory is waaay more stupid.
>>
>>79033552
the crew is ahead of the fans by a fucking season
>>
>>79033581
Yep
http://stevenuniversetheoryzone.wikia.com/wiki/Lapis_Is_Blue_Diamond_Theory
>>
>>79033528
I think the situation with the diamonds and certain details about Rose's backstory back on Homeworld are part of that general idea planned from the start sort of territory. They've been building and foreshadowing some of that stuff for a long time now, possibly since the beginning of the series.
>>
So which do we think it is?

Did Rose rebel and kill Pink Diamond?

Or did Pink Diamond die by other means?

Did the other Diamonds go to war with Pink and kill her?

Or is Pink Diamond actually still alive?
>>
Of course Rose isn't Pink Diamond, She ain't FUCK HUGE like the other Diamonds.
>>
>>79033437
pink diamond was rose's mentor and the rebellion started when blue diamond took over and ordered pink diamond to be shattered
>>
she hid her power level from common plebs
>>
>>79033639
At the rate CN releases episodes, we'll all be in our graves before we ever find out.
>>
>>79033437
yes mostly
>>
>>79033650
>CN used to show premieres every Thursday
>Every month has either four or five Thursdays in it
>CN now does their premieres Steven Bomb style
>Every show gets either the exact same number of new episodes monthly, or one extra

Oh, the tragedy of having to wait negative one week for a new episode
>>
>>79033639
my dumb theory is that the others diamons betray PD and erase any trace from her and her court
>>
>>79033581
Yeah, the whole "did you know who I used to be." line

But seriously, why would the highest ranking gem need water powers for an immortal alien race that only needs air to talk?
>>
>>79033488
the shapeshift thing is dumb. as for fusion, i don't know.

first off fusions always have the same number of eyes as the two gems fused together. In that case, Yellow Diamond should have multiple eyes. additionally even if the theory is true, it would have to be two yellow diamonds transforming into a larger one (like how the three rubys became a giant ruby) so that still doesn't make sense for Rose, who is undoubtedly a quartz.

I think the fact that she does have a color+gem type combo designates some importance (as the only other gems we know with that combo are the top leaders) but that doesn't necessarily mean she was among the rulers of Homeworld necessarily.
>>
>>79033643
Very possible.
>>
I still think she IS a diamond on 3 principals:

1) all of the diamond symbols on Earth have had 4 diamonds (white, blue, yellow, pink) while the more recent diamond logo on Peridot's ship only had 3 (white, blue, yellow). Either Pink Diamond left, was destroyed, or cast out of the Authority by the other three
2) We've seen 3 Pearls in the course of the series, two of them have belonged to diamonds, the third being our Pearl (it could just be because we havent seen a lot of high-ranked Gems, but who knows)
my theory is a form of "punishment" by the other diamonds
like a god cast from Olympus in Greek or Roman mythology, they turned her from what is essentially a diety among gems into one of the most common of people
a soldier
a Quartz

but then again thats just my autistic headcanon, I'm probably super wrong
>>
>>79034076
>first off fusions always have the same number of eyes as the two gems fused together.
Opal didn't have four eyes. Sugelite and Sardonyx didn't have five eyes. It's not uniform what extra parts fusions have.
>>
>>79033437
Rose will be Pink Diamond, that is just misdirection.

Screencap this.
>>
Theory:
>Steven buys Connie a gift
>It's a ring with a big, beautiful pink diamond
>Pink Diamond actually turns out to be Lion or some shit
>>
Lion is pink diamond because I don't know.
>>
File: referto.jpg (385 KB, 800x2000) Image search: [Google]
referto.jpg
385 KB, 800x2000
mods r slep. post /sug/
>>
File: unexplainedplotpoint.jpg (21 KB, 390x352) Image search: [Google]
unexplainedplotpoint.jpg
21 KB, 390x352
I'm thinking it's either gonna end up being Lion or "Bismuth".

Lion's a strong contender because they already established that the gem monsters they fight are just corrupted gems that were once humanoids, so Lion could just be Pink Diamond damaged during the fighting in the rebellion. He seems really powerful and has his own personal storage space, which any leader could find some use with keeping close by. There's also a frame in "It Could Have Been Great" in which Lion's warp is shown to be in the shape of a pink diamond, so that's also kind of noteworthy.

The only other thing I can think of would be Bismuth, mostly just because it still hasn't been revisited and is being kept secret from both the gems and the audience. It kind of looks pink in this picture, but that's likely just due to the Rose bubble around it. That's just my two cents.
>>
>>79034940
stop with this, you can make a rose quartz look like a pink diamond if it has a good enough luster. Besides, space gems on this show do not equal real ones. Natty Garnets are a deeper red nd look like a star destroyer.
>>
File: 199282882.png (45 KB, 245x172) Image search: [Google]
199282882.png
45 KB, 245x172
>>79034183
Woah, I never noticed that but you're totally right about the ship thing
>>
>>79033437
>four diamonds on the cloud arena
>yellow, white, blue and pink
>it was built before the rebellion
>three diamonds on the hand ship
>yellow, white, and blue
>it was built after the rebellion
So unless Rose and her rebels shattered Pink Diamond, it seems likely that she is Pink Diamond.
>>
>>79034183
>>79034309

Ian already said no.
>>
>>79033707
That's only considering monthly. The next batch of episodes won't be until a few months or so from now. It's actually SLOWER than the older system.
>>
File: guess again faggot.png (279 KB, 661x333) Image search: [Google]
guess again faggot.png
279 KB, 661x333
>>79034224
>sugilite didn't have 5 eyes
>>
We can all at least admit that she has and the crystal gems have SOMETHING to do with pink diamond, correct?

Besides, isn't there that old wall painting that has Rose holding a pink diamond?
>>
>>79035018
Screencap? Link?
>>
>>79035010
>So unless Rose and her rebels shattered Pink Diamond, it seems likely that she is Pink Diamond.
That's a huge leap in logic
Pink diamond not appearing in the homeworld emblem doesn't mean she must be rose.
>>
File: I think it's.png (51 KB, 455x119) Image search: [Google]
I think it's.png
51 KB, 455x119
>>79035062
https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/664605171041746944
>>
>>79034183
She's just a Quartz. It's been stated multiple times already what a Quartz is, and gems can only alter that through fusion, which in turn would create something other than a 'Rose Quartz'.

If for some reason this crack theory about Rose becomes true, she will be Pink Diamond in the sense that Pearl is Opal.
>>
I'm convinced Pink Diamond was killed by the Crystal Gems and the other diamonds simply erased her from the history books to preserve the illusion of diamond superiority.

A Diamond being destroyed by a Quartz - who are meant to be loyal foot soldiers, would cause problems for the strict caste system of Gem society. Remember they were willing to shatter a loyal Ruby just for doing her job and accidentally fusing with a Sapphire in the process.
>>
>>79033707
Oh gee, I didn't know January came after October. Thanks for the insight Anon.
>>
>>79035087

Yeah. Maybe she was merely demoted because Rose was a member of her court.
>>
>>79035036
>We can all at least admit that she has and the crystal gems have SOMETHING to do with pink diamond, correct?
Yeah, you can infer that from Pearl's Space suit, and I'd go as far as to say Rose's hue, since it seems gems of the same color as a diamond tend to belong more to that diamond.

I.E Jasper Yellow pearl, and Peridot=yellow diamond
Saphire, Lapis+other blue gems=Blue diamond

Aside from that everything related to rose is pink. Which goes back to pink diamond.

The other thing we know is that pink diamond disappeared after the rebellion, which means her removal was probably related. Pink diamond could've been killed , disgraced, or both. We don't know yet.
>Besides, isn't there that old wall painting that has Rose holding a pink diamond?
It was some sort of gem weapon, that's all that could be infered from it.
>>
Has anything been said at all about the how Steven Universe will be released?
It feels like it is always going to be a few months between several episodes from now on, they know they have a fanbase that can wait.

I don't see the benefit of doing it this way to be honest why do they do it? Are they really disorganised and need lots of time to make new episodes?
>>
>>79035130
I don't think diamonds can be demoted, but they might be imprisoned or killed. There's a reason we're not seeing Pink Diamond, because her appearance would denote something important about her.

Conversely, I don't think she looks anything like Rose, if she had Steven would've absolutely commented on it.
>>
>>79035144
if the network releases them all at once, their ratings are better and people are more likely to watch it live
>>
>>79035150
to be fair, they won't nessicarily look that much alike even if they are the same person

Amethyst now and Amethyst when Greg first met her and Amethyst as the Purple Puma, really dont look much like each other but they are all still Amethyst
>>
>>79035165
No, a consistent schedule which means people know when it's airing makes people watch it live.

It coming out at a random time with little to no build up means few people are aware of when it's available to watch.
>>
>>79035165
that's true but it probably unsustainable every time you go on hiatus and refuse to communicate about when the show will return and refuse to give regularly scheduled programming you slow lose people simply because they don't know what happened to the show. This happened alot like 5 years ago or so when they had action shows like Young Justice and Symbonic Titan, the changed there time slot about 10 times without telling anyone about it and then complained of poor ratings before cancelling them.
>>
>>79035169
We would know the gem would be in the same location at least.

It'd be really hackneyed to make Rose Pink Diamond though.

>>79035144
It happens more when there's a series of episodes that shouldn't be broken up or would be more important character development wise to release one after the other rather than waiting a week per episode. This also plays a part.>>79035165
>>
>>79035189
It seems highly unlikely that Rose is Pink Diamond, but if she isn't what exactly happened to the real Pink Diamond that they removed her from the Diamond Authority symbols?

Blue Diamond is likely dead, but her symbol is still a part of it.
>>
>>79035200
What makes you say Blue Diamond is dead?
>>
>>79035165
>>79035182
I think if you know it is coming every whatever day or whatever day of the month you are more willing to watch it live.
I was excited for the steven bomb but because of the long wait and not knowing in advance when it was coming I ended up watching it days later.

I know they take a while to make an episode:
>According to Matt Burnett and Joe Johnston, each episode takes approximately 9 to 12 months to make and release
That is incredible.
A while year for 1 episode, I don't even understand how, I saw this on the wiki, It is so long that I think it is a bullshit and the sourced twitter no longer exists.

however it is true then they are really bad at time management and no wonder they have to have months break at a time.
>>
File: 1452877410192.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1452877410192.png
57 KB, 276x256
>>79033437
She was p big too
>>
>>79035228
Jasper big, not Diamond big though.
>>
>>79035210
Well we know she fought, Rose on Earth, a battle that Rose likely didn't lose.

The Diamond Authority seemed to lose all interest in colonizing Earth and Blue Diamond seemed to be the one in charge of and invested in colonizing the Earth.

Most importantly what happens to Lapis when she returns to Homeworld, Blue Diamond clearly protected her gems, the fact that Lapis is treated the way she is suggest Blue Diamond wasn't there.

When Sapphire messed up her prediction of the future and failed to see the way things would actually happen, Blue Diamond didn't blame or plan to punish her, she only blamed and planned to punish Ruby, she protects gems from her court, like Lapis like Sapphire the fact that Yellow Diamond could use Lapis like that suggests that Blue Diamond isn't around
>>
>>79035200
Could be any number of things really

1.she was the one who initially started the rebellion, maybe taking a softer stance which resulted in the other diamonds killing/imprisioning/corrupting her
2.Rose shattered/corrupted her as a result of the rebellion
3.Because Rose was of her court, she was killed/corrupted/imprisoned
4.She simply disappeared for some reason.

>>79035200
>Blue Diamond is likely dead, but her symbol is still a part of it.
We don't know that, but we also don't know what entails a diamond from being stricken from the record. If Peridot doesn't know than the only one who does is Jasper and the main gems, and they won't tell. Lapis might know too, but that's 50/50
>>
what if a diamond is like a crown or title that augments gems and the all the buildings and gem tech that had four diamonds were just made as a part of her rise to a new status, and this mural implied that Rose was meant to be crowned diamond status maybe to take control of earth but perhaps used it to defy white diamond.
>>
>>79035245
But why would Blue Diamond still be a part of the Diamond Authority symbol, if she was dead?
>>
>>79035224
>year for 1 episode

Have you ever actually tried to do animation? It takes time. When you consider everyone's disparate schedules: the writers, the VAs, the editors, the animators, the studio people... it's amazing they get an episode done in a year. It's hard to produce a show.

Meanwhile shit like South Park is all done in house by Tres and Matt in like 10 hours.

That's the difference between big operations and small ones.
>>
>>79035258
It's possible, but it'd be terrible if true. I'm leaning more towards not though, since it seems the diamonds are naturally cut that way or were likely the precursor gems. We don't see any other gems on Yellow diamond when she stands up.
>>79035245
She seemed to be in charge, but it was also apparent that Yellow diamond hates the shit out of earth so she has some personal investment there too.
>>
>>79035264
history? What you think USA would remove a star from its flag is you literally annihilated the state of Rhode Island?
>>
>>79033437
I've always had somewhat of a theory that Rose might be a fusion component of Pink Diamond.
>>
>>79035258
What if Rose is using Pink Diamond as a Weapon

and she's just a medic with a light projected heart of gold
https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/664605171041746944
>>
>>79035285
right that was another one I forgot to mention, Yellow Diamond clearly hates the Earth, like she wants revenge on it for something, maybe killing Blue Diamond
>>
>>79035289
We added a bunch when we colonized the rest of the country.
>>
>>79035289
But they did remove Pink Diamond....
>>
>>79035303
We don't know how much of a shit diamonds give about each other, just that they're all really powerful. There might be a power struggle on the homeworld, there's not enough information given to determine anything.
>>
>>79035344
So what did Pink Diamond do in order to get removed? you think she just died because I think she betrayed the Diamond Authority in some way
>>
>>79035279
there are 78 which means they don't take a year and even the >9 months to turn around a single episode of Steven
is a little too long.

I am not sure how you can claim that getting an episode done in a year is amazing and that is would usually take much longer for a show of SU calibre.

I'm not well informed about animation but simple maths just tells me that they produced most of their episodes in much shorter time spans.
>>
>>79035359
this also literally disregards the assembly line way that this shit works in. Storyboarders aren't sitting around doing nothing while waiting for voice acters and animator to put the finishing touches on the episode they just did, they are already working on the next episode

Point really is though SU is pretty cheap easy and quick to produce, it could likely maintain a weekly schedule with a few 2 week breaks in the year to compensate for vacation time
>>
>>79035258
>crown someone to take control of a shitty planet when the whole race conquered whole galaxies
I don't see it

But it could be that that thing in the pic is PD.
I used to think RQuartz was defending herself from some shit the pther fighter threw, but seeing the wind-lines again, and how chill Rose is, I now think it something she's using to cast who I think I BD away.

>>79033437
>>79033528
>Is there any reason to believe Rose is Pink Diamond
>writers for tv series don't plan the entire show ahead
>They may have a general idea or guide
Well, I think this is a case where Sugar DID. The whole series was laid out form the start, and I think that all these major plot points count as "general idea or guide", and there is plenty evidence that something happened with PD.
Like >>79034183 said, the whole show has been consistently littered with hints that PD has been purposefully erased from gem history. But I don't think 2) works, as Peridot talks about Pearls as janitors, so there's bound to be millions

There is more solid evidence about PD being something special than Garnet being a Fusion, and garnet was pretty obvious to begin with
>>
>>79033437
According to wikipedia, diamonds come in yellow, brown, gray, blue, green, black, white, pink, violet, orange, purple and red. If rose was a Pink Diamond, she'd be called Pink Diamond.
>>
>>79033639
Pink Diamond is dead and/or disgraced as indicated by the iconoclasm against her.
So either she was betrayed during, or leading into, the revolution, or she was detained and held/shattered as punishment for the revolution.

So Rose could have betrayed her in a backstabbing move. Or she could be on a quest for vengeance. Or Rose independently rebelled and PD was held accountable for her servant.
>>
File: 5464.png (415 KB, 1534x348) Image search: [Google]
5464.png
415 KB, 1534x348
>>79035398
>using to cast who I think I BD away.
>>
>>79034940
Except the Diamonds are all trapezoid Gems.
>>
>>79035359
>there are 78 which means they don't take a year and even the >9 months to turn around a single episode of Steven
>is a little too long.

But it's not because it's produced in chunks.

They can't start work on an episode until they get the order. The order comes in a big batch, so they work on a big batch. If they aren't working on one episode, they're working on another, and Steven Universe doesn't pay ALL of the bills.

So, while a single episode may only require a few hundred man hours worth of work to finish, and could conceivably be done in a single day or two by a dedicated staff, it actually takes them 9 months to a year to finish an episode because there's so many steps to the process and every step has its own turn around time.
>>
>>79033437
We can easily settle this by identifying which gem is the fattest.
>>
>>79035130
Ever demoted a king?
You kill or imprison a king, but you can't demote them because their title is not in a mobile hierarchy under you.
There just is no legal basis to do that.
>>
>>79035470
meant White

I forgot we already saw B
>>
>>79033836
I think it's pretty obvious that neither the original generation from before the war or the post one are what was intended from their species to begin with.

If they were engineered that is, which is still very possible.
>>
>>79035511

Ever fused with another living being in body and soul to create a giant chimera woman?
>>
File: 1452845231049.png (393 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
1452845231049.png
393 KB, 395x599
inb4 lion is pink diamond and is steven's brother
>>
>>79033437
Okay let's go over this with facts.

Rose has officially never changed her name as no Gem can change their name from the moment of their conception or pretend to be different gem.

And...well, I think that's all we have.

So what we're left with is the idea that she was somehow Pink Diamond due to fusion perhaps. There's no indication of this on Yellow Diamond so far. The idea that's thrown around is that a special gem solely for fusing exists for them. Some people say it's the Bismuth inside Lion since that would sort of be a crown.

So...there's an equivalent of the Matrix of Leadership for Gems?

Eh, I don't really like the sound of that. I personally prefer the idea that Rose was Pink Diamond's champion for the Colosseum.
>>
>>79033642
Gems with special shapeshifting properties that others do not possess exist though, like Amethyst. Though I don't think she's Pink Diamond simply because they already confirmed that she's a rose quartz and that Gems can't change their names.

Special gem traits?

-Amethyst
Super shapeshifting

-Pearl
Pocket dimension storage

-Lion? (Pink Diamond...?)
Reality Marble (Inner dimension) sonics, warping?

-Rose/Steven
Healing

Then there were elemental powers that several of them have.
>>
>>79035543
If I did we would still have two Gems that are not the trapezoid shape of a Diamond.
Gems are purpose-built. They have a core Gem that does not change by any means in the show so far. And punishment apparently is either shattering, imprisonment or whatever "harvesting" entails, probably making a Gem into an object like Lapis in the mirror.
To grind them into a new shape is probably not possible as damage to the Gem simply hurts and kills them.
>>
>>79035588
Diamonds have 1 Gem. So no fusion.
>>
>>79035398
>But I don't think 2) works, as Peridot talks about Pearls as janitors, so there's bound to be millions
I wouldn't say millions. Pearls are signs of class, made to look pretty. They're less janitors, more maids and butlers. They're probably somewhat rare, which is why only the upper-crust of gem society has them as servants, as Peridot said
>>
>>79035650
We don't actually know that. They could be leading through deception which is why they disapprove of fusion between different gems, to maintain their power.

They could simply be shapeshifting in such a way that they conceal the other gems that create them.
>>
>>79035224
>A while year for 1 episode, I don't even understand how, I saw this on the wiki, It is so long that I think it is a bullshit and the sourced twitter no longer exists.
>however it is true then they are really bad at time management and no wonder they have to have months break at a time.
You understand that they don't do one episode at a time, right?
>>
>>79035484
They are clearly producing far more than one episode every 9 months, if they produce 20 episodes every 9 months it would take 3 years to get 80 episodes out.

>>79035685
It seems disingenuous to say 1 episode takes 9 months when actually it is several episodes take 9 months.
>>
>>79035669
we also havent seen what constitutes as the "upper crust" of the gem world
how big IS the gem elite, beyond just the Diamonds? obviously they're the above-all, but what is the gem ranking, beyond "quarts is fodder-tier"
>>
>>79035669
I only rememeber Peridot saying that Pearls clean, not that they are for the upper classes. And she called Pearl "a fancy one", it made it sound that there were lots of shitty pearls abound.
Did all the hiatuses made you believe the fan theories about Pearls being a sign of status and for A E S T H I C purposes?
>>
What the fuck is Lion?

-Rose's artificial life experiment?
-Rose's Summon and one of her many battle abilities?
-A former Gem? Possibly Pink Diamond that was corrupted?

Reminder that Lion knew EXACTLY where to go when they needed to head to the Diamond base...
>>
>>79035757
He's a construct created by Rose's Gem, just like how Holo-Pearl was one of Pearl's constructs. As seen with Holo-Pearl, those constructs can persist even when it's creator is dormant.
>>
>>79035788
That would be cool
>>
>>79035670
Gems can't shapeshift all the time. At some point you've got to go Occam's Razor on this thing.
>>
>>79035958
>Gems can't shapeshift all the time
Clothing, anon. They've shown they can change their clothing at will. For instance you have Garnet's glasses concealing her eyes.

Also >>79035626
>>
>>79035757
Lion is not a Gem in his own right, as we see no stone on him. And even the gender would hint at this.
He must be a construct of sorts and a companion to Rose, seeing as he holds her personal property.
Now the question is what he is precisely.
We have seen only one artificial entity so far, which is holo-Pearl. And that one doesn't have anything near the autonomy of Lion.
I would call it unlikely that he is directly tethered to Rose, but there must be something. Maybe Rose siphoned energy from a bubbled Gem or made him a physical construct like the Temple rooms.
>>
>>79035989
Maybe Lion is the original Organic-Gem hybrid, which was the inspiration for Rose to make Steven?
>>
>>79036003
You mean she took a lion and infected him with Gem tech?
Not sure about that.
I would think she modelled him after a living specimen.
Could have been a gift from PD, too.
I'm not sure the CG ever had that kind of tech to dick around with.
>>
>>79035353
Or the Diamond Authority betrayed PD.PD is betrayed by the other Diamonds her loyal servants Rose Quartz and Pearl start a war for revenge.
>>
The stigma against fusions because it makes you more than the sum of your parts.
The heavily entrenched class system where you must know your place.
The separate and above ruling class.
The clues about rose.
IRL diamonds being formed from COMMON carbon.

You know they're going to pull a "Diamonds are fusions" thing, right? You realised that? The whole reason cross-fusion isn't allowed is because it'll pull down the class structure and the diamonds will lose their rule when everyone figures out that they have been fusions of lesser gems all along.

You do realise this, right?
>>
At this point the only think that makes me wonder if she was Pink Diamond is that Pearl can't let the PD symbol go.
>>
I'd like Lion to be a manifestation of Rose's will, or some kind of "heritage" left for Steven, considering he has a bunch of Rose's stuff, and even Pearl didn't knew about that biz. Though, I got no idea what Lion really is, or how it works.

>>79036060
Maybe the Diamonds are keeping down fusions because it grants an absurd amount of power, so fusing could result in gems stronger than the diamonds are ?
It's true that homeworld is functioning with a strict hierarchy, where every gem has its place, so having some gems fuse around and fuck up the balance isn't something you'd want, if you were a diamond.
>>
File: 1449539421380.png (125 KB, 540x453) Image search: [Google]
1449539421380.png
125 KB, 540x453
>>79036082
but pearls are for loyal

i dont think rose is pink diamond, it would be a kinda shitty reveal. whoops, steven is pink diamond now and an authority with lots of responsibilities and shit. i want him to be the underdog, always.

while the gems haven't spoken with steven about pink diamond, it doesn't really seem like they think she is that bad?

i like the idea that she was roses mentor. i also like the idea that cg pearl was PD's pearl at first but there is this whole "forbidden love" deal between her and rose that blooms (heh) when the rebellion really gains traction/PD is killed/whatever.

i wonder who will tell steven about the other gems. a gem lecture from pearl? or peridot being a fangirl - "but what about pink diamond?" asks steven. "who?" says peri
>>
>>79035108
What if Rose was a fusion
>>
>>79033836
I don't know, but Blue Diamond DOES have water powers. Check the Mural in the Diamond Pyramid with the battle, Blue Diamond is quite clearly using water.

So the Lapis is BlueDiamond theory came from aligning three facts. Blue Diamond uses Water powers, Lapis is incredibly powerful or a gem, "Do you even wonder who I used to be?".
>>
>>79036138
Not an exact quote, but didn't Steven once yelled at Greg: "When did you own a cat?!". What if Rose somehow used gem energy/magic on that cat and transformed it into Lion when she manifested Steven
>>
>>79035347
From what I can tell, Blue Diamond was in charge of colonizing Earth and White Diamond may or may not be imprisoned there.
What if White and Blue "disappeared" on Earth and it was blamed on Pink? That would leave Yellow in charge of the empire.
>>
>>79036060
It could be possible that Diamonds are a fusion of their own type, which explains their inmense size, like how all the Rubies formed a huge Ruby when they fused.
>>
>>79033437
If you don't think Rose is formerly Rose Diamond you're retarded.
>>
>>79036039
I like the idea that Lion is a rose or other plant that Rose Quartz brought to life, like Steven's watermelon army.
>>
>>79036060
Except you're wrong. The point is that the diamonds ARE common, and as such have probably been purposfully making inferior gems. But despite that they can still be more than what they were ever created to become. A classic story of rising above your station to be something of worth, that's where this is going. It'd be retarded for the diamonds to be a sack full of diamond midgets, it also would make no sense given that they only have one gem and don't look like a jumbo pastel colored version of wee man
>>
>/sug/ gets banned
>wwaaa we can't discuss SU now that /sug/ is gone!
>All non-/sug/ SU threads are just shitposting

Proof we don't need /sug/
>>
>>79036366
This.
>>
>>79034940
Amethyst also looks like a purple diamond so this point is dumb.
>>
File: 1451009931077.gif (4 MB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1451009931077.gif
4 MB, 411x390
>>79033437
Why would anyone want her to be a useless Pink Diamond when Quartz makes neat shit like ball lightning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLkIoB5Iv5o
>>
>>79036366
I still don't get why /sug/ specifically gets picked out and banned when other generals stuck in infinite hiatus and shitposting mode get to stay.

It strikes me as discriminatory and targeted moderation. Poor practice in the interests of fair and equal moderation.

Not that I mind so long as the general returns for regular new episode airings.
>>
Did everyone forget the one showing of Pink Diamond?
>>
>Rose is all about new experiences
>Can obviously create life
>Created a uterus to birth Steven
>Decides to give up her physical form so
What if Rose just wanted to experience what it's like to be human and planned taking over when Steven died?
>>
>>79036435
No, if anything that remind us of the pink diamonds jutting out of the two unseen frames on the Pyramid's mural.
>>
>>79036450
Highly likely.
>>
>>79035757
>Lion was Rose's summon
>Steven accidentally brought him out again
>>
>>79036467
Lion is just an upgraded Pearl
>Better storage capacity
>Teleportation capabilities
>Sonic weaponry
>>
NEW EPISODES WHEN
>>
>>79033552
no, if it was written by fans, yellow diamond would've stepped on peridot and shattered her because /sug/ has a boner for homestuck-style flashbacks
>>
File: tumblr_o0o1saldlw1qzyi4xo5_1280.png (279 KB, 1006x642) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0o1saldlw1qzyi4xo5_1280.png
279 KB, 1006x642
This face remind anybody else of that EE&E drawing Sugar drew?
>>
>>79035588
Yeah I don't know. Considering Yellow and Blue have chest gems, and White has a forehead gem, the old emblem does indicate that Pink Diamond likely has a midriff gem.

But that does the opposite of show that Rose was Pink Diamond, becuase fusion or not, her gem is just plain not the right shape or cut.

Someone actually suggested that the diamond is actually like a decoy or a shield to protect their real gem, and that's when I realized they had nothing left.
>>
>>79033528
You're not really comparing a throwaway line about pie to a main plot point are you.

Because it sounds like that's what you did.
>>
>>79036533
this meme needs to die
we all do stupid things
>>
i'm going to cry if next steven bomb is all human episodes
>>
>>79035757
Lion is her hair
>>
>>79033437
She is a fat diamond.
>>
>>79036555
I'm being serious, it's probably the shape of the head.
>>
If Rose isn't a diamond then there is only one explanation.

She killed Pink Diamond.
>>
>>79036607
How is that the only explanation? How do you even jump to that conclusion without any legwork?
>>
>>79033437
>Implying Steven won't turn out to be a princess
Do you even Magical Girl anime?
>>
>>79036643
Rose is a Quartz. She killed her diamond and demolished all Pink Diamond stuff she could get to.
>>
>>79036415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VeOm4HfcIQ
>>
>>79035670
But then what would be the point? If they're fusions then Gems would be able to tell. Their Gem cut wouldn't change either so their gems wouldn't look like diamonds.
>>
>>79036430
Who cares? It's not like you were saying this shit when the other generals were banned. You only care because YOUR shitposting hugbox is gone.
>>
>>79034940
How do they make pearls on the gem world? Pearls are biologically made in clams not heat and pressure like precious stones..
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 400x228
It was planned from the start

All it needs is the explanation on Lion and Bismuth
>>
>>79036801
I don't know who that was, but that's certainly not Rose.
>>
>>79036743
I hope it's space clams, but admittedly that's a longshot.

The truth is we just don't know. Though if Pearls are made a special way, that'd indicate that that's also true for organic-derived gems like Amber.
>>
>>79036801
Is that a storyboard? Anyway the figure replacing Rose seems to have a diamond in her chest.
>>
>The Diamond Authority
>four Gems objectively superior to all
>White Diamond, Blue Diamond, Yellow Diamond, and Rose Diamond
>they weren't always the matriarchs of gem culture however
>in a time so ancient that very few of their kind even remember four gems came to obtain an element of great power
>this unique element unlike any gem bestowed upon these four gems, their original names lost in time, strength beyond comprehension
>framing itself around their gem it transformed them into beings of great stature and immense power, mutating and augmenting their gems into a new shape: that of a diamond
>what was this element? Where did it come from? Was it a creation of a civilization now lost? Was it an element so exceedingly rare that to find even one source across a while galaxy is a stroke of serendipitous luck? No one knows or simply doesn't remember
>and so the Diamond Authority spread through the cosmos to further their empire and perhaps find more of this amazing element

>Earth
>Rose Diamond arrives and is instructed to colonize the young planet in the name of the Diamond Authority for the good of all gemkind
>however seeing life on earth she has a change in heart
>these creatures deserve a chance to thrive, a chance to be, a chance to live
>the Diamond Authority's plans won't allow this
>turning her back on her fellow diamonds and removing the element of Bismuth from her body she reverts to who she once was, Rose Quartz
>viewed as a traitor to her homeworld, seen by herself a rebel of a just cause, Rose Quartz creates a new clan to oppose the Diamond Authority
>drawing the name from her gem's own crystalline structure she becomes the first of the Crystal Gems
>Rose Diamond no more the Diamond Authority remove her from their sigil and vow to make her pay for her transgressions
>thus the war for earth began
>>
>>79036877
Why would Rose gimp herself on purpose? Does she want to lose or something?
>>
File: Blue_Diamond_by_Lenhi.png (89 KB, 2650x2750) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Diamond_by_Lenhi.png
89 KB, 2650x2750
>>79036877
But Blue Diamond was in charge of colonizing Earth.
>>
>>79036877
Betraying her own kind for xeno scum? HERESY!
>>
>>79036921
Pretty sure they say in The Answer she was sent to supervise. That doesn't necessarily mean she was in charge. Even still the concept can be adjusted with that in mind.
>>
>>79037072
Pearl and Rose directly said that they wouldn't allow BD to complete her colonization of the Earth when they attacked.
>>
>>79036726
>Implying they wouldnt have done the exactly same thing if it was them
Justice is not pushed by empathy, it was always been pushed by injustice. They dont care about sug, then why sug should care about them, every body just wants things to be fair so they wont be wronged themselves. No one's gonna help you but yourself in here. Or maybe, there's actually general anons that actually care about all generals equally.
>>
>>79037100
They actually didn't /hsg/ knew it was cancer and just migrated elsewhere /sug/ is the only general that threw a bitchfit
>>
>>79036839
>It's pink diamond
>They replaced her with rose so nobody would be spoilered
>>
>>79036877
That's retarded. Giving up her abilities and clout and armies as a diamond is literally the dumbest thing you could possibly do if you're planning on fighting the other three diamonds.

Do you understand what I'm saying? I'm saying that if that idiotic headcanon is the truth, the devastating losses Rose suffered in the war were all completely on purpose.
>>
What if two diamonds fuse?
>>
>>79037167
What if three Rubies fuse?
>>
My guess is that Pink Diamond somehow died on Earth, perhaps in an accident. Perhaps because she tried to halt the colonization effort. Hard to say for sure.

Rose and Pearl served Pink Diamond, and after their diamond was lost Rose went rogue and took Pearl with her. Pearl, without an owner, latched onto Rose and because this was 'her choice' found that connection to be even stronger than when she was made for Pink Diamond in the first place.

Blue Diamond got brought on to supervise the completion of the colony, but once the rebellion got too heated White Diamond came in to squash it, since blue diamond doesn't seem to have military strength as among her specialties.

Interestingly, White Diamond can be presumed to have survived the war and returned to homeworld. Only Pink Diamonds symbol was removed from the homeworld banner, so unless fallen diamonds normally get replaced by new diamonds of the same color when they die (and Pink didn't get that because of the rebellion) then White is still alive.

That might be because the war was never taken to its naturally conclusion. The rebellion and white diamonds force fought for a while, the rebellion was not easily squashed, and Yellow Diamond proposed the Cluster plan instead. So the gems sort of gave up on Earth and were content to benefit from it as a military experiment rather than a colony.

This is basically just mass guessing, though. We dont have all of the details. Until just recently, we didnt even know Blue Diamond was on Earth.
>>
What if Rose wasn't the head of the rebellion, just an incredibly powerful general?
>>
>>79037177
That's because they're the same gem. There are different types of Diamonds.
>>
>>79037177
that's like saying all quartzes are the same
>>
>>79037195
Considering that if Rose Quartz was captured the Rebellion would've been over I don't think that's the case.
>>
>>79037130
>/sug/ is the only general that threw a bitchfit
You wasn't here when /gfg/ was banned instead of /sug/ not to mention the FOP threads.
>>
>>79033437
>Is there any reason to believe Rose is Pink Diamond aside from the fact that she's pink?

The success of her rebellion, maybe. But that's a stretch. As far as fan theories go, it doesn't seem impossible, but it would be a hugely disappointing reveal.
>>
>>79037307
/gfg/ is irrelevant because they're gonna be out for good in about a month
>>
File: Yellow Diamond.jpg (1 MB, 1002x1586) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Diamond.jpg
1 MB, 1002x1586
>>79033437
I realize this theory was proven false a long time ago, but you guys remember that theory about the crystal gems only looking human to blend in with Earth life?

I should have put it together way earlier, but seeing Yellow Diamond has finally made it click. Gems don't look like humans, humans look like gems.

What the fuck is going on with Earth life in SU?
>>
>>79037307
How was it? Do you have any screencaps? (^:^)
>>
>>79037437
According to Pearl, the Gems have been around since at least the hunter-gatherer stage of Human development, so maybe the Gems had a hand with shaping human life.
>>
File: 1452768930860.jpg (756 KB, 2082x1983) Image search: [Google]
1452768930860.jpg
756 KB, 2082x1983
>>79037437
oooOOOH SNAP
>>
>>79037437
>>79037481

Or maybe whoever designs the characters just wanted to make the gems humanoid? Aliens that actually look alien are pretty uncommon in media.
>>
>>79037437
It would explain why they speak English. They don't speak English, we speak Gem-ish... Or whatever they'd call it.
>>
File: 1452481451615.png (206 KB, 990x1004) Image search: [Google]
1452481451615.png
206 KB, 990x1004
>>79037510
no, no. that can't be right at all.
>>
File: conspiracy.png (644 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.png
644 KB, 1280x720
>>79036435
Normally, I'd say that Steven walking right past a giant mural of Pink Diamond and not noticing it's his mom would be pretty dumb, but he did just that in Serious Steven with the mural on the ceiling so it's not ruled out just yet.

Also, does anyone else think Rose's dress and the curves on Pink Diamond's mural look somewhat related? At the very least there must be some connection.
>>
Is Onion something important or just a weird kid
>>
>>79037626
yellow diamond
>>
>>79037626
I think they used the birth video to confirm that he's human.
>>
>>79037437
I still think that not only the gems gave humans language but that humans somehow gave gems a default form. Maybe the pink diamond (the one diamond that possibly cared about the earth in the war) helped gems to copy the human form not because it made it easier to interact with humans, but because it was somehow more pratical? Consider that gems primal forms were probably similar to the corrupted gems forms.
>>79037515
Ian said that it seems that gems speak a entirely similar language to english I still think they are lying to us as usual and also accept the gemhuman culture clash as headcanon.
>>
Either way, we know Pink Diamond is not in power anymore. We know that the pyramid Gem could be White Diamond based on the newer Diamond Authority symbol being in the pyramid and the pyramid Gems gem looking like a diamond.
Blue and Yellow are still in power, and Yellow wants Earth dead.
Anything else I'm missing?
>>
File: Yellow Diamond 2.png (252 KB, 633x350) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Diamond 2.png
252 KB, 633x350
>>79037481
>>79037502
>>79037515

Also, another thing to think about. Humans and gems can apparently breed. It's pretty much nothing like how human breeding works, as apparently either Rose had to give her life for Steven to be born, or she became his gem, whatever happened...But they can still breed.

The gems need Earth for something. Earth specifically. They apparently can't just use the other planets, or if they can they have a specific grudge against Earth.

A planet that the gems apparently need just so happens to produce life that LOOKS LIKE THEM, becomes intelligent LIKE THEM, create societies LIKE THEM, and can apparently BREED with them.

It might be unrelated, but adding it all up paints a very weird image.
>>
>>79037679
Do you think that maybe Blue and Yellow are at war with each other, based on that one weird Canadian soap opera? It would explain why Lapis was so upset when she got back to Homeworld and why two YD gems could force her to go back to Earth.
>>
>>79037626

His dad dated Yellow Diamond when she was on Earth, and then left her to stay on Earth because he liked fishing more than staying with her after the rebellion caused the colony to fail.

Which is why YD personally wants to destroy the Earth but when she sees YT and Onion again, and onion goes to space to he with them, it's gonna be a big emotional reunion that changes her mind and saves the world.

So basically Onion is going to be a little freaky space messiah.
>>
>>79034183
A shit ton of things could've happened. Rose Quartz could've just been some higher ranking soldier who rebelled against Pink Diamond and because PD couldn't control Rose, the other diamonds booted her out. PD could've been working with Rose and died somehow. There's really no reason to believe that Rose was PD or the things I said because they could go in a lot of directions.
>>
>>79037652
That doesn't mean he won't be significant later on.
>>
>>79033552
>>79033608
points out the staff is too far ahead to make changes based on fan input at this point.

It's interesting that they still seem to be so in sync with their fanbase in spite of this. I remember how many Anons were commenting about whether or not Peridot would be wearing a star now after Message received aired, and the very next day in Log Date she made a joke about just that.
>>
>>79037696
They need Earth because its a life creating planet, and they need that to create Gems.
Yellow Diamond wants Earth gone because its a blight to her. Its proof that Homeworld is not all might and powerful.
>>79037707
Its entirely possible. I'm sure that with WD and PD gone, the power struggle has become too great.
>>
File: illuminati.png (107 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
illuminati.png
107 KB, 500x281
>>79037437
Diamiond authority
>>
>>79035725
Lol do you have no idea how animation works? From start to finish, an episode takes about 9 months. That doesn't mean that at any given time they're only working on one episode though.
>>
>>79037696
they're going full battlestar on us! humans created gems several thousand years ago, they rebelled, pushed human technology back to that of the stone age, and vanished into space. now theyre back for revenge! and they look just like us!
>>
>>79037756
Pearl is also on the coins.
>>
>>79037749
>They need Earth because its a life creating planet, and they need that to create Gems.
Is it a canon thing that it's actually the life of the planet they're growing on, and not just like, the minerals or something?
>>
File: political cartoon universe.png (253 KB, 841x476) Image search: [Google]
political cartoon universe.png
253 KB, 841x476
I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the debate and say the Rose/Pink Diamond association is likely one of two things:

1: Rose sure as shit isn't Pink Diamond, but did know her, most likely as a friend and/or superior. CG Pearl was most likely PD's secretary and assistant in the same sense as YD's own Pearl. Rose probably acted as a subordinate to PD, likely her best warrior or a skilled diplomat, probably diplomat judging by the frilly dress, although her intimidating size and build suggest otherwise.

When it comes to what happened to PD, she either encouraged Rose to rebel against the rest of the Diamonds and got axed, did it herself to start with and died for it, or was a very early casualty in the rebellion on Homeworld's side when Rose rebelled. Rose and Pearl likely got together as a team when PD died, either because their shared leader was toast and they had no one else to rely on at the time, or Pearl helped facilitate and/or was glad to see PD's death.

2: Rose WAS Pink Diamond at some point, but found a means of changing herself into a different form. We already had Peridot confirm when telling off YD that Gems are identified by cut, and while that proves nothing concrete, it does raise the question of whether or not a Gem can be re-cut after its initial cutting at the beginning of its life cycle. It seems reasonable to assume that a flawless gem like a Diamond could be re-cut into a new shape, and given a false/derogatory new name to acknowledge this.

As for how or why such a re-cut would happen, I'm going to assume it'd be due to either Rose intentionally casting aside her status as a Diamond to be more "flawed"/"normal", or the whole event being a punishment for her defiance. The latter makes more sense to me, since the Diamonds and subordinates seem to endlessly fawn over how perfect Diamonds are, so it'd be extremely-demeaning and "painful" to be cut down to being a normal, flawed gemstone with weaknesses instead.
>>
>>79037749
>Yellow Diamond wants Earth gone because its a blight to her. Its proof that Homeworld is not all might and powerful.
More importantly, it represents an ongoing existential threat to the Diamond Authority.

Something about being on Earth and interacting with humans changes gems - a year ago Peridot was a cold, logical, loyal servant of YD, probably had been for hundreds of years.

It took a month hanging around Steven and the Crystal Gems for her to switch sides and call her supreme leader a clod.
>>
>>79037803
In the Classroom Gems short, Amethyst confirmed that they needed Earths "life force" to produce the Gems. Thats why everything around the Kindergarden is dead.
>>
>>79037840
Theory 1 makes a lot more in-universe sense than theory 2.
>>
>>79037797
I'll need a source for this.
>>
File: Pearl Coin.png (96 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
Pearl Coin.png
96 KB, 250x326
>>79037899
I know its not the best picture, but here.
>>
Rose Quartz is just a soldier. Probably sent to Earth with the initial fleet to scout and secure Earth for colonization. She ends up going native and starts the rebellion. Along the way she picks up a bunch of Gems that had gone against Gem Society's strict social norms.

p.s. If fusion is additive. Then how come we never see Garnet fly?
>>
>>79037858
ah, makes sense!

how evil
>>
File: Monkey_Man.jpg (39 KB, 541x352) Image search: [Google]
Monkey_Man.jpg
39 KB, 541x352
>>79037947
Not fly. Jump good.
>>
File: 600px-AdditiveColor.png (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-AdditiveColor.png
24 KB, 600x600
>>79037167
>>
So if Rose Quartz is just another soldier (likely a very strong one though), does that mean there are more of her? I can't imagine how weird it must be for Steven if he meets another one somehow.
>>
>>79037989
We have seen Sapphire literally levitate off the ground.
>>
File: lechuck's_beard.gif (41 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
lechuck's_beard.gif
41 KB, 640x400
>>79036569
>Steven finally confronts Yellow Diamond
>Takes Lion for backup
>YD defeats Lion and captures him
>Uses Lion to create a re-animated, evil Rose
Yes please.
>>
>>79038005
If there were other Roses. They were all probably shattered after the Rebellion.
>>
>>79037437
Rose did a lot of fucking
>>
>>79038021
Lion was supposed to be yellow originally. Rose was supposed to have stolen him from Yellow during the war.
>>
File: Blue Diamond.gif (484 KB, 393x600) Image search: [Google]
Blue Diamond.gif
484 KB, 393x600
So, how do you think BD feels about losing the Earth? It was probably under her control initially.
>>
>>79038090
Seems more like Blue Diamond started investigating once Pink Diamond went missing.
>>
>>79038005
That could make for an interesting set of episodes. From the Answer it seems like some gems can be mass produced (Rubies) and some are extra special (Sapphire) so it's hard to say if rose was a special snowflake or not.

It's also possible that even if she was a mass produced gem that they may have "broken her mold" due to her instigation of the rebellion. It'd be interesting to see some kind of outcast bounty hunter Rose Quartz forced from high society because her gem type was associated with a rebel leader.
>>
>>79037990
Lapis + Peridot = Blue diamond

D:
>>
So is Steven Universe one of those shows with a cast made of morally grey characters? Because it seems to me that none of the gems have the most righteous of motives and have done things that question their intergrity.
>>
>>79038186
I would say "morally grey" so much as "everyone has their reasons".
>>
>>79037840
Eh, I like the idea that Pearl was Rose's from the outset a lot better. Probably because it has more potential to add to Rose's character, which is still pretty spare. Also, since apparently Pearls are supposed to be 'common' I don't like the idea of Pearls being associated exclusively with Diamonds.
>>
>>79038186
something like that, though there hasn't been any of the more overt examples of morally grey like killing one man to save ten or what have you, it's more just the characters almost always being well meaning but stumbling over their own flaws constantly.
>>
>>79033482
>then Pink is passion
pffftt more like thirst
>>
>>79036515
You mean callback, right?
>>
Why Cony's mom misunderstood clusters for humans/animals?
Is this explained by forced writing or its just that su's earth is permanently changed by the gempire?

Now, about something unrelated: the Cluster was called a BIOweapon or a GEOweapon?
>>
>>79033482
Yellow: technology
Blue: culture
Red/Magenta: military/defense?
White: ?
>>
File: 1441695135870.png (304 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
1441695135870.png
304 KB, 500x638
>>79038433
White: Justice.
>>
>>79038363
Geoweapon.

Connies moms limited reaction to the fusion mutants can be attributed to two things. The 'Harry Potter logic' where normal people choose to ignore or rationalize crazy shit so they don't have to look beyond the comfort of their own world (See Connie's mom blaming the lack of a pulse on the stethoscope). And two, the thing you said. The Gems, probably more the Crystals than the Empire, seem to have limited interaction with humanity throughout its development. So SU humanity might have a higher tolerance for crazy bullshit.

Also, it's a cartoon.
>>
>>79038005
likely, Rose Quartz seem to be Jasper paladins that can have pearls, just that Earth swoons gems
>>79038363
geoweapon, bio is organics I guess
>>79037167
a super big diamond that controls roughly half of gemkind, (assuming each diamond owns an equal portion)
>>79038115
that could explain the pink gems in her court
>>
>>79037990
>White Diamond is a fusion of all three diamonds
>That's who Rose was fighting
>Pink Diamond was destroyed and White Diamond can no longer be formed
Just another crazy theory for you.
>>
File: 1452892610254.jpg (61 KB, 960x512) Image search: [Google]
1452892610254.jpg
61 KB, 960x512
>>79037601
Looks more like wishful thinking
>>
File: 1440455010429.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440455010429.gif
1 MB, 200x200
Anti Feminist SU Summary

>Homeworld full of female gems
>several gems rebel against homeworld matriarchy.
>gem interbreeds with human
>whiney baby goes on adventures with female gems to clean up the mess the matriarchy made on earth
>feminist homeworld gems show up
>non feminist earth gems win
>evil gem realizes that earth and mankind have potential turns good
>turned gem stands up to homeworld matriarchy explains about potential.
>Yellow Feminazi Gem "Don't care fuck em"
>turned gem realizes feminazi yellow gem is a huge retarded cunt and tells her.
>feminazi yellow gem attempts to murder those who point out true facts.
>>
>>79033437
If flesh is elastic and stones aren't can you cut out a gem stone and transplantate it with your belly button so you get magical powers?
>>
>>79037264
rubies were confirmed as mass produced soldiers, very high likelihood they all come from one generic mold
>>
>>79038569
Alternatively
>Rose convincing Pink Diamond to join her side is what won her the war because she refused to form White Diamond and Rose and PD beat YD and BD together
>This is why she has been erased from Gem history
>Lion is Pink Diamond
>>
>>79038363
There really should be no excusing Mrs. Mahaswaren's behavior in Nightmare Hospital.

Fusion Cuisine should introduced the Mahaswarens to the Gems sufficiently. To allow Priyanka(connie's mom) to know the Gem Mutants were not human.
>>
>>79038736
>>>/trash/sug
>>
>>79038714
White Diamond is still on the emblem so this theory is false.
>>
>>79038714
>that spoiler

Huh. That's actually one of the less crazy theories in this thread.
>>
File: onion.jpg (31 KB, 590x479) Image search: [Google]
onion.jpg
31 KB, 590x479
>>79037626
extremely
>>
File: 073.gif (652 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
073.gif
652 KB, 400x260
I can't imagine the type of person someone would have to be to still believe Rose is Pink Diamond after all we've seen.
>>
Why are the gems so afraid that su humanity explores gemtech or related stuff? Are they afraid of reverse engineering?
>>
File: 1452907726424.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1452907726424.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>79038641
>>
>>79039017
When did they say they were afraid?
>>
>>79039127
Ep. Full Disclosure, specially when recollecting every piece of debris.
>>
>>79035289
Hey being from Rhode Island fuck you
>>
File: t4xX5D6.gif (392 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
t4xX5D6.gif
392 KB, 500x352
>>79038641

>everyone who hasn't watched SU thinks it's pro-feminism, anti-"patriarchy" and supportive of other similar stupid shit from modern politics
>in reality it shows these elements as they're commonly-depicted in culture today, moments before it subtly pokes them full of enough holes to rival a wheel of Swiss cheese, like Steven being the usual problem-solver and Greg getting a few chances to completely BTFO the Gems at unorthodox solution-finding

>>79038675

Considering that Steven seemingly came from a Gem somehow "erasing" their identity to make way for a new one, and then incorporating biomass into their projected body surrounding the stone, it's a toss-up. Such half-breeds might only be possible in the way Steven was made, or they could be made from existing adult humans, no way to know for sure.

What I do know for sure is, if this turned out to be the case and humans could have Gems/shards transplanted into their flesh with tangible effects, some weird shit could happen.

Fusing a human and a Gem in this way would already be weird. Would they become a new, half-organic entity similar to a standard Gem fusion, or some kind of schizophrenic human with a second personality/conscious mind plus limited powers derived from the Gem?

And think of what kind of fucked up shit would happen if a human had Gem shards embedded in their body. We've already seen that you can apparently just slap a few Gems' worth of shards together to form new freakish Gem lifeforms, meaning that they apparently just need to be connected somehow to manifest effects. Now, what happens if the medium typing them together isn't whatever Homeworld uses, but human flesh? I'm assuming the result is at best a human with strange Gem powers and a touch of insanity from all the screeching undead minds embedded in their body, and at worst a horrible fleshy abomination straight out of Silent Hill.

Could make for some really edgy autistic fanfiction if nothing else.
>>
>>79039240
I don't know. It's more like Steven was the most worried about it, since he didn't want other people hurting themselves. For other gems it was more like clean-up duty.
>>
So what color is Pearl (of the Crystal Gems) supposed to be? White, Pink, Baby Blue or Clear? Maybe she used to be the servant of White Diamond?
>>
>YD's captains seat is a lounge chair.
I didn't notice that until rewatching it.
>>
File: dolphin noises.png (41 KB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
dolphin noises.png
41 KB, 174x200
>>79039017

Come to think of it, we really haven't seen any reason for them to be afraid of humans in any capacity except Steven himself. From what little we've seen of humanity in SU, they've been shown as nothing but a bunch of cowards, idiots, weaklings, animals/civilians to be protected by superior life, and generally oblivious to an absurd degree.

I can't help but wonder if this is ubiquitous for all SU humans, which means they as a species pose about as much threat to Gemkind as a lone termite colony does to real-life humanity, or if Beach City/the general region just some anomaly location full of relatively-insane people and anyone outside it is more like us. Sadly though, with all the glossed over, blatantly-obvious and plainly-visible locations made by Gems on Earth that humans clearly couldn't care less about, it seems more likely that all humans save for a handful of individuals really are that weak, dumb and oblivious, which raises the question of why anyone would bother with protecting them.

If they aren't this shit though, another question comes up: Why hasn't any local or foreign government looked into numerous events of note in the area, including giant beasts never registered in human knowledge of life on Earth, giant alien spaceships and weapons entering the atmosphere and attacking civilization as obviously as possible, and a group of aliens interacting with a human populace as if it's just a normal day?

I can see maybe local government(s) leaving it be, due to either ignorance/incompetence, recognizing the Gems as benevolent and not interfering unless necessary, or some kind of plot twist where they're secretly pulling some strings and humanity outside Beach City's area is a whole different beast. But foreign governments across a real-sized Earth, just averting their eyes and not giving a shit about hostile aliens and their discarded tech, both new and old? That's a bit much for me to buy.
>>
>>79039040
You've been posting this a lot lately. You're really getting mileage out of this image aren't you?
>>
>>79038433
White power!
>>
>>79033437
Not completely, no.
>>
>>79033437
It sounds like you got butthurt one night arguing with some other idiot and decided to channel that butthurt into it's own thread.
>>
>>79039249
>I'm assuming the result is at best a human with strange Gem powers and a touch of insanity from all the screeching undead minds embedded in their body, and at worst a horrible fleshy abomination straight out of Silent Hill.

That is what I would think would happen if the shards came from different gems. If all the shards came from the same gem, then the person might get the powers alongside an undead mind trying to take over and exact revenge.
>>
>>79039380
It doesn't seem comfortable to work in.
>>
>>79038433
Yellow is pragmatism at its core. What needs to be done, what is the strongest for us. No focus on arts or passion just on what needs to be.
Blue seem to be more about foresight/caulation. What can we do what can be done. No moves done without better understanding of things.
Red: we haven't seen enough but it's clear through ruby impulse and improvation are core of her
I agree with the anon that pink is passion

A fun thought is all the Ds were suppose to work in harmony but along the way they drifted and while working for the same goals, were feeding their agendas over working for the greater good
>>
>>79033437
It was a stupid theory to begin with, and I have no idea why people latched on to it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.