[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: Puppet_Pals.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Puppet_Pals.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
alright /co/, what cartoon series (barring animated movies) would you consider the absolute pinnacle of western animation from both comprehensive style, writing, voice-acting perspective? pic unrelated
>>
>>79032222
this, not even trolling
>>
>>79032222
>pic unrelated
what's better than TV Puppet Pals?
>>
File: I smell your fear round eye.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
I smell your fear round eye.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>79032222
Over the Garden Wall. Nothing else comes close.

I'm glad it won the Emmy for best animated series (beating some heavy hitters to do so) but it should have been up for best mini-series as well.
>>
>>79032222
>>
>>79032222
Futurama.
>Writing
I stand by that the original series didn't have a single bad episode. It is one of the most clever shows ever on television animated or not. Not every episode tried to tug at your heart strings nor did they need to but when they tried it's some of the most tear jerking animation out there.
>Voice-acting
Between Billy West, John Dimaggio, Phil LaMarr, Frank Welker, and Tress MacNeille you couldn't possibly ask for a better voice cast.
>Style and animation
The style is one of the most memorable and recognizable styles for modern cartoons without going too over the top or crazy. It does nothing spectacular but it's incredibly easy to the eye and combine that with some goddamn fluid animation the whole thing looks fantastic. The show also made remarkable use of blending 3D objects in with the 2D animation so much so that it looks even better than some newer shows today so much so that many people who aren't animation buffs don't even realize that a lot of the things are actually CG.
>>
File: giphy.gif (987 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
987 KB, 500x343
>>79032222
Nothing compares
>>
>>79034000
Invader Zim also made ships 3D using CG, now you don't hear me praising it to the moon...
>>
>>79034000
I love that show but i gotta give it to batman animated series
I might have said avatar but even though its american it has eastern influences
>>
>>79034050
And?
>>
SpongeBob seasons 1-3 and first movie
>>
>>79032222
The 70's Spider-Man series. That was back when cartoons knew how to have fun and still have that dramatic flair. Great score as well.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.