[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's The Joker's endgame? I've never truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: The-Joker-on-Gotham[1].jpg (27 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
The-Joker-on-Gotham[1].jpg
27 KB, 700x350
What's The Joker's endgame?

I've never truly understood his actual goal. I know it' not just purely chaos and madness, but as an outsider to comics looking in, that's honestly what it seems to be.
>>
No, I've read a decent amount and it's pretty much just chaos and madness.
>>
>>79031772
He wants Batman to fuck him
>>
>What's The Joker's endgame?

Crime and trolling people. That's it. Despite what Scott Snyder thinks The Joker doesn't ahve some kind of grand endgame, he just wants to fuck with people.
>>
He doesn't really have an endgame other than to have Batman finally kill or do something that betrays his established morals.
>>
>>79031772
Then you don't get the joker. There's no rhyme or reason to what he does, it's impulsive, it's whatever might make him chuckle. The only real "goal" he may have is pointing out how meaningless his victims lives are. He's obsessed with batman because he's his opposite in every way and because he's so damn fun to fuck with
>>
Having fun and chilling out
>>
He's crazy lol so random he kills ppls n then laugh omigod that's wat I call crazy lmao I luv the joke bc imma psychopath too y'know lol dont tell anyone or I might kill ya too
>>
>>79031772
Bat-ass
>>
To make mom freak.
>>
>>79031772
I always thought getting Batman to break his moral code and kill him was the Jokers endgame. Has this changed? I dont read a lot of Batman.
>>
>>79031772

He convinced himself he is alone. That his perspective is unique. Batman can see like him, but hasnt taken that last step. Joker wants to help batman take that last step....to stop pretending there is control and order, to embrace the chaos. He believes he can get batman to do that by forcing batman to kill him. The punchline is that once batman does, he would finally understand the joker, and the joker wont be alone, he'll be dead. Batman would be alone.
>>
A bat in his belfry
>>
>>79031772
>>79031787
>>79031807
>>79031905

he's a performer, you idiots

he's putting on a show
>>
>>79031772
He wants Batman to kill him
>>
>>79032233
like any comic character it changes over the years. Usually it's either this or simply causing chaos for chaos' sake. Occasionally someone will give him a different philosophy to base his motivations on.

Generally his endgame seems to be summed up as trying to proof the point that reality is terrible, and it's funny that you think otherwise.
>>
Some just want to watch the world burn
>>
>>79032277
That's his presentation
>>
Every waking moment of joker's existence is pure agony and batman keeping him alive tortures him psychologically so batman basically enables him.

Joker won't off himself because that is boring and no one but superman has the guts to off joker themselves.
>>
File: A serious house Dent.jpg (200 KB, 1206x688) Image search: [Google]
A serious house Dent.jpg
200 KB, 1206x688
He suffers from super sanity, he is so absolutely aware of reality and have seen past the dimensions that we are limited to that he couldn't cope and as a result simply reinvents himself, his personality and motivations, constantly shifting as to keep the bleak realization of what reality is far away.
It's pure chaos and chance. Free flowing unlimited chaos.

And yes, I'm taking the explanation from the best Batman book because it is the best.
>>
>>79031772
There is no endgame because his character is I'M CRAZY AND I KILL PEOPLE HAHA EPIC
>>
>>79031891
that's more like his hobby
>>
>>79032446
The very fact that you know you have to immediately defend Morrison's supposed "best" take on the Joker speaks volumes.
>>
>>79032546
I don't see how your post relates to mine.
>>
the joker is possessed by the baron
>>
>>79031905

i read a joker storytime yesterday where he just kills a henchmen for the fun of it.

how in the hell does an insane person like the joker work in gotham when he does whatever the hell he wants for the fun of it?

i would understand it if he works alone but nearly everytime i see him he has a gang or has an alliance with other villains.
>>
Jesus, half of this thread hasn't read The Killing Joke or Azzarello's Joker.

Think of Batman as a man stuck in his preadolescence, going out and playing with his friends. Joker is the adolescent kid who picks on him because he thinks he sees things better. Joker rationalizes that the world is chaos and madness and one should be chaotic as well in order to adapt to this meaningless world, but in fact he is a broken and scared teenager who fakes being insane to protect himself and his sanity from said world.

So, no, he doesn't have a goal beyond making the world "laugh", making people understand how senseless and random life is in the hope of feeling less alone.
>>
>>79031772

I like to think that his end game is to make more Jokers. Not necessarily by pumping out the 'ol babby batter. Rather he wants to give a whole lot of people a really bad day. If believes that if he can sew enough chaos, society will start to break down, and everyone will give up on their stupid little rules. No order, no plans, just hedonistic nihilists giving in to natural order of things.

It contrasts nicely with Batman's mission. Bats wants to prevent any more people from winding up like him. He doesn't want any more children to see their parents gunned down. He wants to reign in people's self destructive, selfish tendencies and help society evolve to the point where no low-life punk ever kills somebody over some pearls.

I also like it because it gives Batman's no kill rule some added justification. Killing Joker proves that violence and revenge are the only way to get things done, and that Bats has completely lost faith in society's ability to handle violent criminals.
>>
>>79031772
Why do you care?
>>
I am this >>79032699 guy, and this >>79032716
guy totally gets it.
>>
>>79032690
Most villains and crime bosses think they're hot shit and everyone else is weak. They think they'll succeed where everyone else has failed and keep the Joker in check.

The rare villains with notably good judgment and wisdom, like Bane and Ra's, want nothing to do with the Joker.
>>
>>79032716
Welp. This is the best explanation I've heard.
>>
He wants to prove he's not alone. That lots of people are a lot more like him than they're willing to admit, and all it would take is one sharp shock to the system to make them see that.
>>
He is the Hegalian anti-thesis to Batman.
Bruce Wayne is a rich kid that loses his parents and therefore doesn't develop any sort of personality he only finds a vitae propositum when he becomes Batman.

Joker balances this out by being the exact opposite, its why he is a true super villain.
>>
>>79031772
All you need to know is that if the Joker was a 4chan board, he'd be /b/.
>>
>>79032690
>i would understand it if he works alone but nearly everytime i see him he has a gang or has an alliance with other villains.
The Joker has mad Charisma rolls. He's supposed to have the sort of suave lying and looks that someone like Ted Bundy would have, which would explain how he roped in Harleen so well and thoroughly.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.