[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did he go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: Joss_Whedon_by_Gage_Skidmore_4.jpg (4 MB, 2316x2886) Image search: [Google]
Joss_Whedon_by_Gage_Skidmore_4.jpg
4 MB, 2316x2886
Where did he go wrong?
>>
Hanged out with wrong people.
>>
File: download.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>
File: whedon.png (1 MB, 2540x1677) Image search: [Google]
whedon.png
1 MB, 2540x1677
>>
at about age 17 when he started smoking weed and fancied himself a funny writer
>>
>>79009598
He couldn't handle the bantz.
>>
>>79009598
Existing.
>>
>>79009598
He saw a great big circle of people all stabbing each other in the back and he jumped right in
>>
>>79009598
He was always a pretentious twat

>went to college in England
>kickstarted proto-Tumblr levels of fan autism with Buffy
>ripped off Cowboy Bebop for Serenity and Firefly
>tried to take credit for Toy Story
>jumps on internet bandwagons like every other faggot celebritiy vying for attention
>hides and cries like a bitch when he gets BTFO by his fanbase
>>
He was born.
>>
>>79009598
He's always been hit or miss.

His fans went wrong by letting Dr. Horrible and Firefly make them forget about Dollhouse and the shitty seasons of Buffy/Angel.
>>
>>79009598
He didn't.
>>
File: 1419909741377.jpg (102 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1419909741377.jpg
102 KB, 500x667
>>79009598
Joss Whedon is a very important person who we should be teaching about in schools.

Ofcourse the lesson would be more a 'learn from the past so we in the future don't make the same mistakes' kind of deal.This is what happens when you go full white knight,women despise you more then rapists.

Seriously I don't think the average 4channer(unless you browse /b/,/pol/ or /r9k/) realizes how much females despise those ultra white knight feminists.You are basically saying,"I will sell my soul,dignity and pride just for the SLIGHTEST CHANCE of some pussy".

When I have a son I'm gonna perform put him through some rigid testing.Like I'll make him wear a shock collar and ask him what he would do in a certain situation involving women.If he says anything even remotely simp he's getting shocked.
>>
File: whedonpatriarhcie.jpg (346 KB, 1280x771) Image search: [Google]
whedonpatriarhcie.jpg
346 KB, 1280x771
He pandered to SJWs.
>>
He posted tweets supporting Anita. At that point /co/'s hatred of him as a person magnified their perception any problems with his writing.

As a writer he's fine. The internet just loves to deal in absolutes.
>>
File: 1442318005911.png (166 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1442318005911.png
166 KB, 450x338
>>79013522
>As a writer he's fine
Please explain how. Because from every other perspective his writing is downright awful.
>>
Him? Nowhere. He's still doing the exact same shit shot for shot he's been doing since Buffy.

Marvel went wrong hiring him to do something so huge. Joss's style has always been confined to obscure gems for a reason, if you actually stop to look at it the writing is shit and they are all literally just various episodes of Buffy rewritten with different characters.

What he should have done is make that Doctor Horrible sequel he promised back in 2011 and then continued making small shit, maybe a new cult show or two. Everyone, himself included, would have been happier with that.
>>
File: Sensitive Joss Whedon.png (298 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
Sensitive Joss Whedon.png
298 KB, 680x798
>>79009626
>>79013200
>>
>>79013623
His stories have strong central themes, his characters each have their own views and personal conflicts, he's good at balancing a large cast, and most of his jokes are clever.

The biggest problem with his writing is excessive quips, and that's only a big deal if you don't like that tone of writing.
>>
>>79013795
>His stories have strong central themes
Which are executed poorly and go all over the place. His core themes are superficial at best.
>his characters each have their own views and personal conflicts
Which again, are handled poorly. The characters themselves go through very minor character arcs and we never actually see any sort of effects that their troubles cause them. His characters are walking cardboard cutouts.
>he's good at balancing a large cast
Well of course he is, that's an undeniable fact. Although anyone can balance a large cast when each member of your core cast are walking talking cliche's who have the depth of a fucking puddle.
>and most of his jokes are clever
His "jokes" are the equivalent of *nudge nudge, wink wink* shit. They're not funny, they're annoying.
>>
>>79014174
I get the sense you're working from a limited reference pool.He's recent stuff has been disappointingly bad, and if nothing else serves as a good reminder for why work should be praised more than the creator - I get the sense Whedon's legions got to his head. But his early stuff tends to be pretty good. Personally, I'd Say Dollhouse was where his stuff started turning to shit and Cabin in the Woods was his last genuinely great piece.

And honestly, I'm willing to put up with his recent mediocrity in the hopes he might return to some of his earlier glory.
>>
File: 1452750729106.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452750729106.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>79013200
>panders to a group that will turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs the second you do anything that even slightly displeases them
>Black Widow gets captured in AoU so she can alert the team to Ultron's whereabouts
>tumblr fuckwits see that as damsel in distress
>in a fucking instant, Joss is dead to them with no chance of redemption
>receives massive hate from the group he felt he belonged in
>deactivates his Twitter account because of it

You know, I almost feel bad for him.
Almost.
>>
>>79012988
>Seriously I don't think the average 4channer(unless you browse /b/,/pol/ or /r9k/) realizes how much females despise those ultra white knight feminists.
Actually, 4chan does now; tumblr is the core of all internet feminism now. We betas of 4chan have long accepted already that we'll never get laid.
>>
>>79009626
lmao holy shit why are casuals getting so mad? its not even the main continuity yet they are flipping out over movie characters that have 1/9th the development of comic characters

and even then its still dumb to get that seriously mad over a fictional character, at least /co/ only gets mildly upset at the most
>>
He ruined Runaways.
>>
>>79014855
>at least /co/ only gets mildly upset at the most
Try being here for longer than a week.
>>
Only one of his work beside Avengers I'm familiar with was Firefly. Which was kind of bad. I don't understand what everyone see in him. Avengers were also kinda bad, but this is to be expected because what good can possibly come out of this concept?
>>
>>79015139
I really liked angel and buffy was ok, Firefly was extremely overrated. Avengers I can't sit through more than one viewing of and I still haven't finished age of ultron because of how goddamn boring and generic it feels. I always end up cutting it off halfway through and end up doing something else.
>>
>>79015139
The funny thing about Firefly is that the only good character that ever appeared in the show threatened a girl with rape in order to make her comply with his demands.
>>
>>79015211
I always wanted to get into Firefly, but I also kinda averse of things with huge backlogs. It's important to me to discuss shows with people and how am I supposed to do it being years behind?
>>
>>79015245
It's only 12 episodes and a movie long.
>>
>>79014456
Almost, but he should have known what he was getting into.
>>
>>79015283
I meant Buffy actually. Since I'm the one who's hating on Firefly here.
>>
>>79009598

Was he ever right?
>>
>>79012988
I hate women but they still won't have sex with me. How come?
>>
>>79015324
Buffy is ok, but it probably hasn't aged well. It's been a really long time since I watched it. I think Angel still holds up though.
>>
File: 1409159152950.jpg (151 KB, 587x768) Image search: [Google]
1409159152950.jpg
151 KB, 587x768
he is transphobic
>>
Firefly was pretty good, but nothing really happened, for one fairly obvious reason. Also, in terms of darker, deconstructive science fiction TV shows to get cancelled in the early 2000s, it will always be second best to Farscape.

Buffy and Angel were pretty good, but the former... hasn't aged well.

Cabin in the Woods and Dr. Horrible are both incredible.
>>
>>79015556
When watching Firefly I just couldn't believe it.
First, I couldn't believe this inept crew could actually survive life of crime
Second, I couldn't believe they would actually want to work together
The whole world didn't really work to me either.

The entire show felt artificial and unbelievable to me, and I'm not talking about science accuracy or something like this.
>>
>>79009626
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
>>
>>79015645
Firefly never got past its episodic period, where every episode or two gets its own story and there isn't much continuity between them. I think TV shows open with this in the hopes that they won't scare off any new viewers with "necessary viewing", and in the hopes that once they get to a second season (or the second half of the first one) they'd be able to start on some myth arcs. The down side being that no one got any character development and any problems presented never got explained.

As far as why they would work together, my impression was always that there really weren't that many other options.
>>
>>79009598
He saved Wanda and Vision, for that I will always be grateful.
>>
>>79015894
Jayne and Kaylee could find better jobs, probably. I don't see why anyone but Zoe and Wash would stay with Mal. Why would they tolerate painting huge target on them with harbouring high-priority fugitives. They are criminals damn it, they need to be ruthless or very good to be able to survive, and they are neither.
>>
File: lou_mora_photographer_001.jpg (103 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
lou_mora_photographer_001.jpg
103 KB, 667x1000
Honey poo, dear, you misunderstand the whole thing.

Sjw is not about social justice, yes its named that but its not about that.

Its about looking like a good guy. Like when you have extremely religious people and they start carrying crosses around and announcing to everyone that jesus is coming.
Its not really about the message, its about posturing long enough that other people look at you and go "There goes one GOOD person"

And the best way to do that is to look at people brought up as examples of that movement, and try to tear them down for failing the movement. If you tear them down then you gain their power and the others in the movement recognize you as a better "good" person than the person you tore down.

Its all about eating each other and stabbing each other in the back, it has nothing to do with improving the world. Whedon thought he could get some good guy cred for getting in there, and then he become a valid target for them.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.