[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans* representation in comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22
Are there any comics with good representation of trans or other LGBT+ people?
>>
>>79009477
Sure; just check anything published by Marvel or Image, or at webcomics.
>>
>>79009477
Barely.
And I'm going with the phrase "good representation" here. There is certainly a lot of representation, but hardly any that could be deemed "good".
>>
>>79009477

>tfw Sailor Moon did transpeople way before that shit was popular in US media
>tfw nobody gave a single shit
>tfw suddenly everyone is raging over that shit like it was something oddworldly new thing

americans, I swear
>>
>>79009520
True fucking facts.
>>
>>79009477
Angela's girlfriend is trans.
>>
Is there need to?
>>
Love & Rockets for some good LGB, but not a lot of T to be honest.
>>
File: bravest woman in america.jpg (51 KB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
bravest woman in america.jpg
51 KB, 634x357
>>79009477
Not in comics perhaps but in cartoons yes

BUCKLE UP BUCKAROOS
>>
>>79009477

How much representation does there need to be for a group of people that make up less than one percent of the population?
>>
>>79009477
What is "good" supposed to mean here? Do you mean "flattering" or "accurate"?
>>
>>79009477
/co/mblr, everyone.
>>
>>79009477
Batwoman and Midnighter are good without being in your face about the whole thing.
Which is how it should be. Most want to blend in and dont shout it from the skies that they are such.
>>
File: 1438890565912.png (58 KB, 165x156) Image search: [Google]
1438890565912.png
58 KB, 165x156
>buckle up buckaroos
>>
>>79009696
This tripfag scum gets it.
>>
>>79009683
I would hope accurate and not like, the buffalo bill type of character or it isnt a huge part of the story thats just done poorly
>>
>>79009477
Midnighter, Batwoman, Batgirl
>>
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: relax.jpg (51 KB, 353x335) Image search: [Google]
relax.jpg
51 KB, 353x335
Got any good Trans characters that got a nice bulge?

Cause I need to know for some very highly scientific research that I'm conducting.
>>
This character is one--
>good representation
Oh wait, never mind.
>>
>>79009477
>wants representation
>less than a percent of the population
Then '.x' of books is enough representation. I hope you like what you've got
>>
>>79009477
At least one
>>
Steven Universe has some LGBT characters I guess
>>
>>79009844
Do soccer moms know?
>>
>>79009788
Whats this one about?
>>
SHE IS NOT A HERO.
>>
Wasnt that chick in pink from venture bros trans?
>>
>>79009926
Dr. Girlfriend? No.
>>
File: 1444911076231.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1444911076231.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
Wandering Son.
It's /a/, I know, but it's still technically a comic.
>>
>>79009857
A wizard in the body of a Milf from what I hear. It's like saying klingons are black/asian representation
>>
>>79009926
He had to get his surgery undone for some reason. Maybe he's stronger as a man, or he doesn't find being a chicken sporting. Maybe he just wants the tits. Hunters character falls apart of you dig too deep. Still cool though
>>
>>79009854
Not really
Granted most soccer moms are very progressive now....
>>
>>79009844
Quasi-LB. Not a lot of G or T though.
>>
File: FF6 are you still my brothers-.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
FF6 are you still my brothers-.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>79010105
Garbage compared to Bokura no Hentai. Bitch is like Spider-Man with TRANS, NO MORE every other volume.
Go big or go home!

Also to answer OP: Doom Patrol vol 2. after Morrison left with Coagula. Sandman with Game of You (although it's not exactly HAPPY representation, Wanda is a great character), Rat Queens with Braga, Lumberjanes with Jo, Angela with Sera (although her meta jokes grate), and Tong from Fantastic Four. That's what comes from the top of my head.

As for LGBetc, fuck dude, I gotta work sometime.
But if you just want a lot of gay shit in fantastic settings there's the Beyond Anthology that recently came out. PUN
>>
>>79010105
It shouldn't take him that long to get dressed... right?
>>
File: 1443140634870.gif (171 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1443140634870.gif
171 KB, 400x224
>>79010308
>him
>>
>>79009477
Doom patrol is great and most of the cast is trans. Midnighter and by extension The Authority, although the latter is good representation in that he's a good character but the cast's sexuality isn't a huge deal. Sandman has some good lgbt characters, and one of the Death stories is about a lesbian couple. Also, can't recommend The Invisibles enough. I'm a trans woman and Lord Fanny is my spirit animal.
>>
>>79010363
I don't recall most of the Doom Patrol being trans, just Coagula and Rebis kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda.
>>
>>79010330
Nah he did it right
>>
Is there any good trans representation in real life?
Because it seems like the most talked about trans person these days is, in the absolute best case scenario, a Kardashian, and thus a complete and horrible train wreck of a human being no matter what's going on downstairs.
>>
>>79010224
I always thought it was that either the crew wouldn't follow her as a woman or she felt they wouldn't. Honestly a decent comment on trans people in the workplace and the lack of respect/ professionalism they're treated with. She still clearly states that she's a woman and wants to transition though
>>
>>79010418

Girlfriend or Hunter?
>>
File: 2891.png (134 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
2891.png
134 KB, 800x1160
>>
>>79010389
Cliff is male identifying in a sexless body, Jane has multiple personalities, some of which are male or non-binary
>>
>>79010405
Caitlyn Jenner is a shit representation of trans people. But she's rich and white so she somehow invented transitioning.
Laverne Cox is a cool gal who WAS the public face of trans stuff for about a year before that reality star fuck stepped out.
>>
>>79010433
Hunter. Dr. Girlfriend is canon cis. She just fucked up her vocal chords by being a heavy smoker
>>
>>79009563
SM had crossdressers, not trans. Japan in general does storytelling better than the US ever did when it comes to these kind of things, the only thing the US has ever been good at is escapism, and even then they're not the best.
>>
>>79010448
Fair point.
>>
>>79010418
But at the same time the crew knows it and presumably followed him when he was a woman undercover
>>
>>79010466

Hunter seems okay with being a man, he only misses the "great big beautiful tits".
>>
>>79010483
Japan is pretty fucking bad about legitimate LGBT shit as it's usually just fetish-y stuff and sexualization with all the lesbians marrying boys and all the trans people just being heavy into crossdressing until their true love sets them straight. PUN

I mean, there are exceptions, but, by a made up and unresearched percentage, most american LGBT stuff at least doesn't make them not LGBT by the end of the story. They'll probably die though.
>>
>>79010492
Yeah but at least Brock was weird about it and seemed relieved when she started presenting male again.

>>79010514
Pretty sure she also says something along the lines of "there's a woman inside me etc."
>>
>>79010435
I liked her better when she was a nerd who made bad puns that no one laughed at before she was FLAWLESS TRANS GIRLFRIEND WHO DOES NO WRONG AND WE NEVER ARGUE AND THE SEX IS GREAT AND SHUT UP!
For webcomic trans people, you're spoiled for choice and most of them are more interesting than Claire.
>>
>>79010435
Yep, this is still garbage
>>
>>79010546
>legitimate LGBT
Oh, you mean the "psych ward patients kind twisted into idealized representations" shit that comics do? Yeah, manga don't have a lot of those, they tend to be more down-to-earth.

That said, both CLAMP and Ikeda (just to cite two examples) keep their gays gays so on top of being an idiot you're ignorant.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (255 KB, 600x680) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
255 KB, 600x680
>>79009477
>>
>>79010575
To be fair Brock never had an opportunity to be in a comfortable situation with Gathers as a woman. First it's learning he was a woman by pulling back a sheet after thinking he went rogue. Then he had to go spelunking in his assistant for car keys. Then he thought he stabbed him in the back. When Hunters became a man again was the only time Brock and her were on decent terms again.
>>
Aren't trans like .05 percent of the population? Why do they need major representation?
>>
>>79010648
I just SAID I didn't research anything and was making shit up based on whatever the fuck examples were running through my head.
Like that thing and that other thing.

>>79010709
.05 of 8 billion is still 40 million.
>>
>>79009696
>without being in your face about the whole thing.
>Which is how it should be. Most want to blend in and dont shout it from the skies that they are such.
This.
>>
Incorruptible has a great trans character called Mother Eve. They only bring up the fact she's trans once in one panel after she has been in the book for a very long time and no one makes a big deal about it. She also walks around naked all the time, has a massive anaconda and tried to rape a teenage girl.
>>
>>79010751
The trouble is so many chuckle fucks see two dudes holding hands as being IN YOUR FACE about it.
>>
>>79010709
OP talked about good representation.
Also it's pointless to keep asking this question, liberals live in Hollywood-land, the world they see is the one Hollywood shows them, and in Hollywood land 50% of the population is gay, 20% trans and (as far as races go) 35% is black and 25% is asian. And the US is the world.
>>
>>79010748
>.05 of 8 billion is still 40 million.
.05% of the US buddy.

>>79010781
Yeah ok tell me what comic limited gay representation at "two guys holding hands".
>>
>>79010483
Even though Japan does do a hell of a lot of stereotyping I like that they don't care about progressives bitching and moaning and they aren't second guessing themselves all the time. They're free to give the HADU GAYU character at least some personality and depth once they've gotten past the initial HA HA LOOK AT FUNNY GAY.
>>
File: bx.jpg (66 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
bx.jpg
66 KB, 500x335
>>79010764
>has a massive anaconda
>>
>>79010405
>Is there any good trans representation in real life?
I wonder this, too.

I just remember that dude way back who died because of the operation. Can't remember much now, but I think that's what Danish Girl is about.
>>
>>79010709
>major
But nobody said that.
>>
>>79009477
Dykes to watch out for near the end.
>>
File: mother-eve.jpg (72 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
mother-eve.jpg
72 KB, 600x346
>>79010822
It's not an innuendo, she has a large pet snake.
>>
>>79009477
They are represented as much as any other mental disorder.
>>
>>79010808
.05 of the us population is still over 15 million people.
>>
People seem pretty happy with Cassandra in Gillen's WicDiv. She's an obnoxious authorial mouthpiece and I'm cheering for her to die horribly, but YMMV.
>>
>>79009477
Depends on what your definition of "good representation" is.
>>
>>79010709
I think it's for trans to see representation for them, and for non-trans to understand trans people.

To be honest, I don't really care if they're gay or trans or not. But if you did wrong, you did wrong; gay, male, female, trans or not, you should face the consequences. It's astounding how Jenner got away.
>>
>>79010817
SM had a lot of progressive ideas, especially in the context of japanese society. The difference is that Takeuchi treated her manga as a story first and as a way to express her ideas second, the complete opposite of what american liberals do.
>>
>>79010405
In the comics world there is Caitlín R. Kiernan who wrote the fantastic Alabaster series.
>>
>>79010887
They're in a country the size of a continent, not in the same room.
Meaning it's improbable to see one every straight white dude/girl.
>>
>>79010976
Do you get tired moving those goal posts?
>>
>>79010466
>canon cis

Stop using made up words please.
>>
>>79010976
>Meaning it's improbable to see one every straight white dude/girl.
?
>>
>>79009560
Most people in comics aren't good representation of real people anyway.
>>
>>79011000
The goalpost is the same: why trans don't (or shouldn't) appear that much.
And I just gave the reason: because, given the country they live in with the number of other people they live in, it's not likely.
>>
>>79010976
Okay, so let's round down the approx US trans population to 15 million (it's closer to 16, but whatevs) and let's pretend that they're evenly distributed across the US.
That's still Three Hundred Thousand trans people in every single state.
>>
>>79010465
Caitlyn Jenner had the interest in her actual transitioning to support her. Honestly I thought that Laverne Cox's statements about Jenner reeked heavily of someone being upset that they were no longer the sole example and couldn't use it for easy publicity points anymore. Easily passing and completely accepted while being a successful actress isn't exactly representative of trans people either.

If anything Jenner was important for showing that trans issues are mostly divorced from LGB issues.
>>
>>79009563
Japan's done gays, lesbians, pretty much everything longer in anime.
>>
>>79011045
How many superheroes are there in real life? Comics should accurately represent that number too.
>>
>>79011061
The only thing Jenner showed was that reality TV can make anything into cheap and easy drama. Caitlyn Jenner has been shit to and for the entire trans community other than making it more recognized. Which has been super fucking great with the record number of trans murders last year.
And Laverne even SAID that being an attractive and successful actress made her not the norm for trans people.
>>
>>79011061
But nobody wants an uggo as their spokesman. Atleast Jenner looks comparable to all the other Hollywood plastic grannies
>>
>>79010418
>she

Fuck off.
>>
>>79009728
>Buffalo Bill

You mean the character that the story emphasized WASN'T actually transsexual over and over?

Or your stupid or just whiny?
>>
>>79011053
And?

>>79011093
If we go by the "it's fantasy so everything goes", you'll have trans people bitch about how offensive their portrayals are, like they did for that Batgirl issue.
What they/you want isn't realistic nor does it make for a good story, just shut up already.
>>
>>79011017
Did it *trigger* you?
>>
>>79011186
buffalo bill wanted to become a woman
he sought out gender reassignment surgery but due to his psychiatric history he wasn't able to qualify
so he resorted to killing women and wearing their skin
the guy had other problems too but how can you argue that he wasn't trans
>>
>>79011213
>nor does it make for a good story
Why? Trans stories can be good.
>>
File: picture36.gif (47 KB, 392x576) Image search: [Google]
picture36.gif
47 KB, 392x576
>>79009477
It's a manga but Liar Game has a pretty great main character who's Trans.
>>
>>79009822
Such a bad ass sorceress and interesting origin story.

The scene where she gets cut is hard to read, though.
>>
>>79011267
You'll have to cite me some because I literally don't know any.
>>
>>79010546
>Japan is pretty fucking bad about legitimate LGBT shit as it's usually just fetish-y stuff and sexualization with all the lesbians marrying boys
A big part of the lesbian and gay manga are wrote by women for an audience of women and is noyhing like what you wrote.
There's also some written by men with a men audience in mind which are generally more fetish fuelled.

>>79010817
The mocking of the gay character is more present in shounen than in other genre.
I'm amazed by th amount of yaoi and yuri (manga about gays and lesbians) given that there are still mostly rejected by society.
>>
>>79011258
But it emphasizes it isn't because gender dysphoria. So he's essentially that die cisco scum chick...except he doesn't get an ending where he gets over it and becomes a 7/10
>>
>>79011130
Everyone says Caitlyn Jenner has been shit for the entire trans community but no one says how other than being on a shitty reality tv show.

>>79011045
IRL there should be about as many redheaded characters as their are trans characters.
>>
>>79011325
>I'm amazed by th amount of yaoi and yuri (manga about gays and lesbians) given that there are still mostly rejected by society.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on japanese society but I think they just don't have a problem if it stays behind closed doors.
Looking at the US and the UK I can't say they're wrong.
>>
>>79011093
Other anon.

If you ise this logic you are saying that by coincidence trans people suddenly have a bigger tendency to become super heroes, even if they are a very small group, in contrast with the rest of the population.

This breaks suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>79010817
That's because of America's Christian values. Korra was daring in the end due to the gay reveal despite being decades late. We have had the sissy boy archetype appear where you can guess their sexuality, but it's never flat out stated by the creators. Animation is for kids. Please think of the children.
>>
>>79011384
>IRL there should be about as many redheaded characters as their are trans characters.
Fine by me.

>>79011353
>.except he doesn't get an ending where he gets over it and becomes a 7/10
what
>>
>>79011316
The Invisibles
Sandman: A Game of You
Orbital
>>
>>79011452
>Korra was daring in the end due to the gay reveal

No it wasn't. It was an intentional ambiguous ending designed to go either way based on what Nick wanted. Everyone just patted themselves on the back afterwards.
>>
>>79011353
Seems more to me like a convenient way to make a trans person your villain and still be politically correct. Either way I feel like it's a bad thing for the trans community, because do they really want to foster an attitude where medical professionals are justified in invasive investigations of whether you're REALLY trans based on some arbitrary, bureaucratic criteria? Do they just like being able to use the "no true transperson" rhetorical device to win internet arguments?
>>
>>79011392
Most people in a lot of country don't care if it stays behind closed doors, but people shouldn't live in hiding when they have done nothing wrong.
And discrimination is a real thing in Japan.
>>
>>79010909
That's not fair considering that perception is hard to escape. It's like how people on /v/ were saying that the creators of Gone Home were hyping it based on the lesbian characters and that journalists were saying it was the first game to feature gays despite being unable to find sources where anyone stated any of these things.
Americans are trapped in this idea that if you're going to take a risk, you're trying to make a statement because animation is for kids.
>>
>>79011452
This is b8. This IS b8. right?

>>79011472
Wait, I thought by trans story you meant stories where transexuality was a core point of them.
I guess it's the case of Sandman, but that triggered the trans to no end, so it goes back to what I said before.
>>
>>79011464
Die Cis Scum is actually pretty attractive.
>>
>>79011464
Die Cis Scum was a girl, most surprising thing, who said the trans thing was a phase. She now dresses like a regular chick.
>>
>>79011539
>foster an attitude where medical professionals are justified in invasive investigations of whether you're REALLY trans based on some arbitrary, bureaucratic criteria?

You mean reality? It takes about 4-5 years for approval for SRS because it's a massive, irreversible procedure and gender dysphoria doesn't necessarily mean one is trans.
>>
>>79011538
It was. That's how bad we are with this sort of thing. Through back patting, the ambiguity was removed.
>>
>>79011580
Just because trans didn't like it doesn't make it not a good story.
>>
>>79011258
Because he literally wasn't transsexual. He had no gender dysphoria, and the psychiatrists dismissed him explicitly because of that. Buffalo Bill is just a mentally deranged psychopath who thinks that skinning women and making a suit of their skin will make him feel complete when nothing can.
>>
>>79011634
yes and I was under the impression that one of the main objectives of trans-oriented activism was to make that process easier by removing bureaucratic barriers to transitioning and lobbying for funding

I mean if we're talking about enacting real social change and not just "I wanna see more trans people in cartoons!"
>>
>>79011654
No, the ending itself, within the context of the series, was ambiguous. It was only later clarified, after receiving Nick's approval, by the creators.
>>
>>79011554
>but people shouldn't live in hiding when they have done nothing wrong.

Well being gay isn't, turning it into a sociopolitical movement that crushes any form of oppositon no matter how tiny kind of is. These things go hand-in-hand nowadays.

>>79011567
I don't know about the "first game with gays" statement, but they were clearly praising it because of the homosexuality theme, see the "I'm gone home and have Gone home but I'm not home" review.
It's not an idea, when your game/story is mostly, if not ONLY, about making a statement, that's what it is. That was GH problem, it was nothing else but a lesbian love story told in the 90s.

>>79011586
>>79011592
Imma need a pic because I don't see it.
>>
>>79011719
Psychiatrists or just Hannibal?
>>
>>79011685
Right, but like I said if we talk about representation then we talk about appeasing a certain demographic, and with the LGBT community you can't have one that is both a good story and that appeases them. That was my point.
>>
File: Pls kill me, bro.jpg (6 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
Pls kill me, bro.jpg
6 KB, 250x242
>>79011723
>yes and I was under the impression that one of the main objectives of trans-oriented activism was to make that process easier by removing bureaucratic barriers to transitioning and lobbying for funding

I thought it was throwing a hissy fit over bathroom labels.

But seriously, though, that's a terrible, terrible idea. SRS is a measure of last resort, a horrifically invasive procedure that's pretty much irreversible and not all that effective. It doesn't seem to do anything to reverse suicide rates in trans people, and sometimes seems to actually increase the risk of suicide. The university that pioneered the surgery stopped performing it for this reason.

The barriers currently in place are a good thing, and removing them isn't going to help anyone.
>>
>>79011791
Other psychiatrists. He only became Hannibal's patient afterwards, and only for one or two appointments iirc.
>>
>>79011856
No you don't have to appease them, you just have to make a good story.
>>
File: 234352532.jpg (48 KB, 373x315) Image search: [Google]
234352532.jpg
48 KB, 373x315
Midnighter and Batwoman are very good for the gay/lesbian side. Most comics/cartoons that include LGBT stuff tend to be shit though.

For trans, no fucking clue.
>>
>>79011771
>30 second walking simulator about 2 dykes who flee to Mexico in the 90's in order to escape homophobia

One of the finest comedy games out there
>>
>>79011723
The problem is you've got people who do think that seeing more trans people in cartoons is important social change.

And yes, transitioning should be made simpler, but it is pretty understandable that doctors would want to make sure that transitioning is something a person really needs and understands the difficulties that accompany transitioning. The legal hurdles that go along with transitioning could easily be done away with.
>>
First off this belongs on /LGBT/ so MODS delete this.

Secondly 75% of people that are trans that undergo the surgery fall into a state of clinical depression and wish they never received the operation. A mental disorder is not something that deserves equal representation. That's like asking if there are any good Down syndrome characters in comics.
>>
>>79011766
You're pretty much repeated what I posted.
>>
>>79011983
It's a comic rec thread, so yes it belongs on /co/.
>>
>>79011983
that stat is not true.

This probably does belong in /lgbt/, though.
>>
>>79011996
No it's not. It's asking if trans people are represented in comics. It belongs on LGBT. Reported.
>>
>search demon knights and ystin
>no results
The comic tumblr ignored because the cast was strictly C-list and lower.
>>
>>79012011
Reported for saying you've reported the thread, in violation of global rule #7
>>
>>79010405
wendy motherfucking carlos

Anyways, it's /v/, but I think Erica from Catherine is pretty good representation. Nothing preachy/dramatic/etc yet isn't shown as a stereotype.
>>
File: g56eFf8[1].png (505 KB, 960x394) Image search: [Google]
g56eFf8[1].png
505 KB, 960x394
>>79011771
>>79011941
I think Gone Home could have worked if they did it as a VN about a girl finding and talking to people in order to figure out why her sister disappeared.
>>
>>79012027
ystin isn't exactly trans, also I think they were looking for something a little more grounded.
>>
>>79012077
isn't the joke that she deceives and manipulates a hapless young man into having sex with her
>>
>>79012161
Cornell put her fairly obviously FtM while later it took on more of an intersex thing.

>>79011989
We're coming to different conclusions about the same thing.
>>
>>79012082
That's not the "die cis scum" chick. Also I'm not sure it's the same person in that pic.

>I think Gone Home could have worked if they did it as a VN about a girl finding and talking to people in order to figure out why her sister disappeared.

That would require work and writing an actual story though. When you do a statement all you have to do is to state things and your work is done. The cheap 3D navigation is just a little extra.
>>
>>79012161
Ystin was a male-identifying person in a woman's body. Some people misinterpreted what he told Exoristos near the end of Cornell's run.
>>
>>79012184
The dream of all trans, perfect representation then.
>>
>>79012223
>>79012249
She's still a crossdresser, not a trans.
>>
>>79012184
The joke is more about the fact that his boner prevented him from recognizing his old school friend in Erica, everybody else knew about the transition. I think at least, it's been a while
>>
File: 1381709446527746[1].jpg (389 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1381709446527746[1].jpg
389 KB, 1280x960
>>79012239
There are actually two Die Cis Scum chicks, this is the other one.
>>
>>79012346
I forget the kid's name but he was younger than the rest of the group, I don't think he went to school with Erica.
>>
>>79012239
>That's not the "die cis scum" chick. Also I'm not sure it's the same person in that pic.

You're wrong on both counts, bucko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1gortW-Zs
>>
>>79012337
That was Morrison's Ystina. Cornell's Ystin kept telling everyone he was a man when they'd refer to him as a woman based on his obviously feminine voice and body.
>>
>>79012399
>You're wrong on both counts, bucko.
I was thinking about this one

>>79012369
Well good for her then.
>>
>>79010405
Maddie Blaustein. Good VA who happened to be FtM. Shame she died though
>>
>>79012517
She was MtF.
>>
>>79012308
Most of them actually hate the "deception" aspect. "Passing" isn't deceiving, it's being more true. Covering up the history is a different topic that divides the trans community.
>>
>>79011271
I thought he was just a crossdresser?
>>
>>79010405
Lynn Conway is an engineer who helped make the first VLSI book ever, a hugely important concept in electrical engineering. People she worked with didn't know she was transgender until she started being an activist.
>>
>>79013696
She was crossdressing as a man earlier in the series. She identified as a woman.
>>
File: clap clap clap.gif (516 KB, 360x189) Image search: [Google]
clap clap clap.gif
516 KB, 360x189
>>79010465
>>
>>79011719

It should be noted that psychiatrists are much less likely to deny treatment to someone presenting as transgender today than they were 30 years ago when Silence of the Lambs was written. Back then, they were much more demanding that patients wholly ascribe to traditional gender roles and things like, I dunno, an "unwomanly" interest in small engine repair, would be cause for disapproval. That's much less likely to happen today among therapists specializing in transgender therapy.
>>
File: Shutter01_CoverA.jpg (289 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Shutter01_CoverA.jpg
289 KB, 585x900
Shutter is a good comic with a trans character.
>>
>>79009477
Caitlyn Jenner is the opposite of a good representation of a transwoman.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.