[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you rooted for Jerry you're what's wrong with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1198x853) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1198x853
If you rooted for Jerry you're what's wrong with this world kill yourself.
>>
I used to watch this show a lot after school on Cartoon Network. There were a few times I legit thought Tom was going to get the last laugh, but of course it's either:
>get beaten by whiteknight side character (usually the dog)
>or Jerry is OP for the whole episode
>>
>>79008105
Is there even people that rooted for Jerry? I never meet anyone that didn't want that smug shit rodent to meet a gruesome end.
>>
i distinctly remember tom winning like once
>>
File: 1406676774199.png (117 KB, 350x514) Image search: [Google]
1406676774199.png
117 KB, 350x514
>>79008142
>Those episodes where Jerry sabotages Tom's concert because the music was making too much noise
>Like, no fucking shit living inside a piano or mouse hole by a concert hall is going to be noisy as fuck
>Tom isn't even aware Jerry's there until Jerry starts fucking with him and trying to humiliate him in front of hundreds of people attending the symphony
>Jerry ends up getting the credit for everything at the end

These pissed me off the absolute most.
>>
File: tumblr_mew42g0vyC1qfapo4o1_500.png (152 KB, 414x546) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mew42g0vyC1qfapo4o1_500.png
152 KB, 414x546
>>79008105
> as a kid
Root for Jerry because "haha funny rodent makes cat do/go through funny shit"
> as an adult
Realize that Tom represents someone who literally never gets what he wants/is told to want, no matter how insanely hard he tries.

Basically insanity as a metaphor
>>
>>79008142
When Tom inadvertently cured the puppy's hiccups, Spike became accepting of Tom's antics. With nobody to fall back on, Jerry ran off.
>>
Always loved Jerry, always rooted for Jerry, always loved watching "Tom & Jerry", and none of it had a negative effect on me. Don't know what people are smoking to keep making these threads all the time.
>>
I don't know why Jerry pisses me off all of a sudden.
>>
>>79008105
If you rooted for anyone you missed the point of the cartoon.
>>
>>79010094
why would you need to smoke to "keep making these threads all the time"?
>>
>>79008131
wow i don't think i've ever seen anybody misuse 'whiteknight' this badly
>>
Cartoons like this are employing a sort of emotion trolling to keep people watching. You want to see that fucking mouse lose, so you keep watching.
>>
>>79008142
I think he won like 3-4 times in the older shorts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.