[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /co/'s opinion on the Harley Quinn series that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1452164670895.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1452164670895.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
What's /co/'s opinion on the Harley Quinn series that ran from 2001 to 2003? I'm enjoying it so far, though that could just be due to me being a Harleyfag.
>>
>>79007958
I like it
They gave a fair treatment to the character without either underplaying her role as a villain or as a victim/nutjob

Sometimes it was slow or too cheesecake-focused, but nothing deal-breaking. I still have to finish the final arc tho
>>
>>79007958
I've been enjoying Harley as a character since her appearances on Batman: The Animated Show.
Conner's Harley comes off as too silly for me even though shes a bit goofy yet can be completely nuts.
But, its 50/50 for a lot of people, I think.
>>
Storytime please?
>>
Karl Kessel run was pretty good, he played the fact that Harley was a villain without going overboard with it, Dodsons art was perfectly good, he did went overboard with the their Cheesecake ability but not too much for the reader to ignore what was going on in the story, The other guy I have mixed feelings for it, he tried to put Harley into a more "grounded" style with the crime/police take on Harley, sometime it didn't fit Harley sometimes it did, the final arc of the book with the little girl and the mob boss was the perfect send off for the book
>>
>>79010532
I can probably get to doing the first issue in about a few hours considering I got the entire series.
>>
>>79010532
Thanks for offering, go right ahead.
>>
>>79007958
As with all ongoings at the time first 12 issues are good everything after that was shit
>>
>>79007958
Did Bruce Timm draw this?!

Fucking story time dammit!
>>
>>79014095
It just a variant cover, nothing more nothing less
>>
>>79014095
>Storytime
The Karl Kesser run or the comic including both Harley's you just thought was real in your head?
>>
>>79007958
>Timm drawing New Harley
Never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>79010816
how fast was the kessel run?
>>
>>79015015
You son of a bitch.
>>
File: Over the Line.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
Over the Line.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
>Bruce Timm agreed to this

I hope Paul Dini kicks him in the nads.
>>
File: Harley 44.jpg (20 KB, 611x597) Image search: [Google]
Harley 44.jpg
20 KB, 611x597
>>79015056
Harley has always been lewd.
>>
>>79007958
>be "okay" with Whoreley Quinn's outfit so far
>see this
>realize how awful it is when she isn't being drawn as a sexpot
Being Harley fan born in the 80s is suffering.
I feel pity for the kids growing up with the slutbomb.
>>
>>79010816
I have to say, I prefer the latter half of the book's tone, but the beginning is definitely more fun.

There's three major segments of that book- the pre-Metropolis arc, the Metropolis arc through her return to Gotham, and the part in Gotham to the end.

For as fun as the middle segment is, I think it goes a little too crazy. The section in Hell is actually really good, but it's also "Harley Quinn escapes from Hell," which is never not going to be ridiculous to think about. I think the first part of the book has the best ideas (her visual hallucinations) but I think the story is sort of muddled.
>>
i like the series
>>
>>79017221
When did the person you're responding to say anything about being lewd?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.