[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this run (2014) any good, or is it just forced politics like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: captain-marvel.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
captain-marvel.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
Is this run (2014) any good, or is it just forced politics like JaneThor?
>>
>>79007093
I like Carol and even liked the prior KSD run but this is pretty damn dry desu. Best to avoid it.
If you read & liked he prior run too, maybe read the final issue & the Christmas issue. They're continuations, kinda.
>>
>>79008143
>If you read & liked he prior run too

Anon these people don't exist.
>>
The opposite of forced politics. Nothing really happens The character interactions are cute, but during the run her powers are unreliable, so the actual superheroing was unfortunately bland, though I like Carol and the new look. The twist at the end is nice and possibly worth it.
>>
>>79008165
Like i said, I did. Hence the too.
Not really sure why OP would be asking otherwise.
>>
>>79007093
There's already six shitty bait threads in the catalog, go pick one of them.
>>
>>79008194
Explain yourself.
>>
>>79007093
Neither, it's just boring.
>>
>>79007093
KSD's run is just dull, it does nothing really interesting, it's really boring overall.
>>
>>79007093
The forced politics in Captain Marvel is external to the stories themselves.

And said stories are so bland and empty they're like the creative equivalent of the fucking Rub al-Khali. Just a desolate wasteland of inventiveness. I'd actually prefer it to be a cheap political shitshow because at least then I would feel something when reading it.
>>
>>79008384
Shit man, I would have preferred forced politics. At least then it'd give us something to bitch about.
>>
It's Carol & friends. Carol feels lost, goes to space, adventures and shenanigans, decent drama when she comes back. If you already like the characters from the prior KSD run, you'll like it.
>>
>>79008827
Pretty much. There's no consistent throughline after the first arc, but if you like the characters it's still a fun book. I think it's just a lighter read than what most here want out of Carol. A large portion is about her alien cat, for instance.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.