[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5
File: 10-14-2015-41.jpg (469 KB, 1929x2992) Image search: [Google]
10-14-2015-41.jpg
469 KB, 1929x2992
Thoughts so far on the ANAD run?
>>
>>79003581
i'm glad we have Spider-man/Deadpool and Spidey so i can get some bendis/slott free spider-man
>>
>>79003581
I love it, but I know that not a lot of /co/ likes it because it's being written by Slott.
>>
>>79003628
But Spider-man/deadpool sucked.
>>
>>79003581
>Slott
It's shit.
>>
>>79003651
its had one issue, i reserve the right to hope
>>
It's better than what came between Superior and Renew Your Vows, at least, but it's still not great and I'm worried Slott's going to kill off a bunch of villains to make Regent look good.
>>
File: that makes me feel angry.gif (264 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
that makes me feel angry.gif
264 KB, 245x184
>>
>>79003581
it's shit

also costume sucks shit
>>
>>79003581
I'm liking it. We all knew Parker Industries was gonna blow up in his face, but I'm glad it's because Peter's trying to solve major problems by just throwing money at it, and not realizing mere charity isn't enough to fix third world countries.

Way better than the 'Peter accidentally creates a supervillain, who blows up all his HQ and the company can't afford to rebuild' you'd expect
>>
>>79003651
It was one issue you contrarian faggot, god damnit I hate you fuckers so fucking much
>>
File: 1444083087183.jpg (808 KB, 1908x3022) Image search: [Google]
1444083087183.jpg
808 KB, 1908x3022
utility belt spidey is cool and nothing egregious has happened to ruin any characters so I'm enjoying it. Far from Slott Machine's worst
>>
>>79004549
I haven't read it yet. Is PI already gone and Peter a broke Spider-Man again? If so that's incredibly lame.
>>
>>79004757
No, but the recent story ended with a small village telling Peter thanks but fuck off because all the free energy he as trying to give them made them a target for the local warlord, since with free energy they'd have no reason to keep paying him tithes. the village chief then went and hired a squad of Goblin PMC's to help them fight off future attacks
>>
I'm angry that it's actually good.
>>
>>79004603
Is this Peter's answer to Miles' zappy powers?
>>
>>79004603
we will never see any of those web utility belt suff again.
>>
File: ASM 615024.jpg (553 KB, 1280x1981) Image search: [Google]
ASM 615024.jpg
553 KB, 1280x1981
>>79004931
some of it isn't even new
>>
>>79003581
Better than Max Landis's American Alien that's for sure.
>>
>>79005100
>Better than Max Landis
that's a low bar m8
>>
>>79005157
I know...
>>
So, head count. How many Spiders are still in 616? I know there's Peter, Miles, Miguel and Silk.

Speaking of which, what's Silk doing? Is she studying how to be less of a moron?
>>
>>79005225
She's a double agent infiltrating Black Cat's criminal empire for SHIELD, because BC is stealing a lot of powerful technology and SHIELD wants to know what she's planning. She's also fighting the Goblin Army which lives in a castle under New York.

and the only other spider in 616-8 is Jessica Drew, who is currently in a hospital in a black hole trying not to get skilled by skrulls while heavily pregnant and surrounded by alien expecting mothers
>>
>>79005225
She's working for JJ and going undercover as a criminal. I believe you have also just listed all the spiders.
>>
>>79005254
So the only female spiders in 616 is a retard and a pregnant woman.

Also, why the fuck is Silk a double agent? Who would hire her for that? Don't you need to not be a stupid headstrong brat to be a spy?
>>
>>79005294
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Silk is cute! CUTE! Don't talk smack about her.
>>
>>79005294
If I remember right it was some middle-management woman from SHIELD that approached her with the plan, presumably if she pulled it off the agent would get a promotion and Silk is the most impressionable hero in new york still going solo

and Silk's been pretty good about not blowing her cover. Most of her slip ups have to do with nearly revealing she spent ten years in a bomb shelter.

She's also getting therapy for her issues
>>
>>79005294
I'm pretty sure being connected to Spidey tends to get you places.
Also you can consider Jessica a pregnant retard more so then silk who's edging rather well into dweeb territory.
>>
It's not as bad as Slott's LAST set of ASM stories, but that really isn't hard.

It's still not good. Doc Ock coming back again so soon with the same shitty Slott Ock personality doesn't bode well for the book either.
>>
>>79003581
It's pretty meh. Prowler is essentially the only thing I find bearable about it so far.
>>
>>79004931
>Not remembering the dozens of times Spidey has used specialty webbing
Nigga has webbing that jams electronics and costumes designed for the Negative Zone. At least in the old days he didn't use all the high tech stuff often because it was too expensive
>>
I've been reading Spider-Man for the past couple months. I've skipped a fair amount of stories but lets just say most of the past decade. I'm on spider island now. Aunt May is pretty insufferable at this point. Does she still play a big role in his stories?
>>
Bendis started by giving his Spider-Man an overpowered "venom shock" and camouflage powers. Now Slott's upped the ante by giving HIS Spider-Man his own company, bulletproof armor, a suit that can hold multiple types of ammo and switch as he needs, and also glowing eyes.

What's Bendis gonna do to make his Spider-Man even better?
>>
>>79003581
Its gotten back to pre Spock level, so inoffensive grey mush. Also helps that Ramos hasn't done any issues yet.
>>
>>79004894
Fret not, anon. Slott WILL find a way to fuck it all up and tweet about it in advance for extra nerd rage points.
>>
>>79004813
>Peter gains Spider powers.
>"Hooray, now I can help everyone!"
>He can't help everyone.
>"WHY CAN'T I HELP EVERYONE?!"

>Peter joins the Avengers
>"Hooray, NOW I can help everyone!"
>He still can't help everyone.
>"No, wait, I'll try harder! I'll make sure that no one ever gets hurt again!"
>He fails. Also Doc Ock takes over his body for a while.
>"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!"

>Peter becomes the head of an international tech company.
>"Okay, NOW I can help everyone, right?"
>No one wants his help.
>"FFFFFFUUUUUUU---"
>>
>>79005625
Spider-Man ALWAYS had bulletproof armor. It was mostly just when necessary, and he tended to not have the cash to properly maintain it. Now that he owns a place that can make him money, he can genuinely keep the suit in condition on a more regular basis. Which is pretty nice when you're a hero.
>>
>>79005838
That, and the armor he's using now is as light and flexible as spandex so it's extra convenient.
>>
I actually like that he has his own company.

Peter's always been a genius almost on the same level as Tony Stark, but he's never been able to really capitalize on it. He's made some amazing shit, but due to lack of resources and funds, he's never been able to truly take advantage of his own intelligence, which is arguably his greatest power of all. Just making web fluid and maintaining his web shooters used to cost him a pretty penny.

Having his own company is pretty cool. For one thing, he's his own boss, so he wouldn't have to play second fiddle to someone else like Tony. And he gets to make all sorts of fancy shit for himself. There IS the small worry that he'd become TOO effective and basically become Iron Man with spider powers, but I doubt that'd happen considering the nature of his powers.

Also, if they play their cards right, they could keep some semblance of his old "juggling my social life with my crime fighting life" schtick. I mean, he's a superhero AND a scientist AND the CEO of a major company. That would murder anyone's home life, and Peter still has the mentality of a normal everyday schmuck.

Best case scenario, he makes Anna CEO to ease some of the responsibilities off himself. I say "best" because we all know this can't last forever.
>>
>>79003581
It's not great. it's still slott, so peter sounds perpetually sixteen sometimes. People constantly make bad decisions for very little reason other than cheap drama, saijani is now an entirely ridiculous irredeemable moustache twirler instead of being a sensible counterpoint, and for fucks sake we're already doing doc ock again even though we just had an entire fucking run + spiderverse of slott mishandling that goddamn character and its starting to piss me off
>>
>>79005831
>Anna Maria: "Peter, you can't just throw money at people and hope that it makes their lives better. That's not how it works. Why don't you donate to a proper charity? Here, which one do you want to donate to?"
>Peter: "All of them. All of the charities."
>Anna Maria: "...No Peter."
>>
>>79006004
How old is Peter supposed to be right now, anyway? Comic book time, I know, but what's the approximation? Like, mid-late twenties? If it's early-twenties, that's heavily stretching it.
>>
>>79006044
early thirties
>>
>>79005666
Fuck off Mephisto. This is your fault in the first place.
>>
>>79004894
Its not good, though. Its just less shitty than most of Slott's previous trash. There is a difference.
>>
I love that Peter is finally a grown up again, but he is a bit TOO stiff. I hope it continues in this direction though.
>>
Dropped it again. Been reading ASM steady for 5 years but Slott is totally out of ideas. Most of everything after Superior was mediocre and ANAD has been five issues of fucking nothing.
>>
>>79005838
>Spider-Man ALWAYS had bulletproof armor.
Or at least since Web of Spider-Man #100...
>>
>>79008509
Nigga more has happened in these 5 issues than all 17 of the last volume combined. The fuck you on about?
>>
>>79008519
>Nigga more has happened in these 5 issues than all 17 of the last volume combined.
No. He's just recycling old storylines. As >>79006004 pointed out, we're ALREADY doing another Green Goblin story... we're doing MORE Mr Negative crap and Ock is already gearing up to come back.

Slott has no ideas. He's just reusing old ones with a minor face lift.
>>
>>79005294
>Don't you need to not be a stupid headstrong brat
Silk isn't any of that. Her personality completely changed once Slott was done writing her
>>
>>79005534
No, Aunt May is complete fluff now. MJ will get her character absolutely destroyed in a few arcs later so look forward to that.
>>
>>79005326
Not in recent issues. They changed artist and it's bad
>>
I like it, but it feels like something is missing or too much is happening? Idk, just doesn't have the thing that hooks me. Slott's writing makes everything feel like a Saturday Morning Cartoon though, which I guess is intentional
>>
>>79003581
I disliked the premise
I dislike the suit
I dislike the vehicles
I dislike the company 'drama'
I dislike the prevalence of Doc Ock AGAIN
I dislike tonyPeter
And I dislike the character interactions
But it's not the worst thing he's written
>>
>>79008617
>once Slott was done writing her
Oh poor, poor anon. You haven't learned yet that Slott is -never- done with his OCs?
>>
its not THAT bad, nor is it actually good, its somewhere ina middle ground
nut making peter a discount tony(and acknowledging it on the comic) was a shitty move for no reason, they even say he is not as good as tony when it comes to tech

only good thing is the subtel bobbiXpeter
>>
>>79008880
>its not THAT bad, nor is it actually good, its somewhere ina middle ground

No. On a scale from 1 to 10, its like a 4. Its below average. But when you've been reading 1s and 2s for years, a 4 is a pretty huge leap up. It feels better just because of how bad the previous stuff actually was.
>>
>>79004554
You calm down
>>
>>79008880
>nut making peter a discount tony(and acknowledging it on the comic) was a shitty move for no reason

All Marvel is now is shitty moves for no reason. Because shitty moves for no reason gets people talking, and that's all that matters to them anymore.

>Take character x, make them character z
This is all Marvel is
>>
Substantially better than the previous run but still average for slott, so below average for spider-man in general.
>>
>>79009025
See: >>79008901
>>
It's not shit like the post Superior run, but it is completely mediocre. At least 2099 is still great.
>>
>>79009124
totally agree, it was going down but muscle girl made it 8/10 again
>>
>>79009161
MiguelxCap2099 is my new OTP. I never realised how much I loved Spider + Muscle Girl until last issue. She-hulkxPeter when?
>>
>>79009194
She might die in Civil War 2 so not anytime soon
>>
>>79003581
Shit costume desu
>>
>>79003581
It's a fun new take on the character, but they're trying way too hard to distance Peter from the likes of Tony, when they could easily do so by giving him a wife and a kid.
>>
>>79009210
No she won't. it'll clearly be Rhodey.
>>
>>79009254
>but they're trying way too hard to distance Peter from the likes of Tony

Ironically, by doing so, it makes the comparison even more apt.
>>
I like it.

Interested in the new Spider-Man because I love Pichelli and Spider-Milf hath returned
>>
>>79009069
Why?
>>
>>79009581
What do you mean "why"? Why... what?
>>
What are good Spidey books not written by Slott you can recommend that are recent?
>>
>>79003651
Eh it was fun, I liked it.
>>
>>79009738
How recent are you talking? Gerry Conway's Spiral story was pretty good.
>>
>>79009738
>not written by slott
>recent
pick one anon
LONGEST RUNNING ASM WRITER STREAK!
>>
>>79010010
Uhh... he hasn't written every single thing Spider-Man has shown up in, you know. See: >>79009804
>>
>>79009634
Why do I need to see that post?
>>
>>79008635
I thought MJ was banging Stark?
>>
>>79010208
not yet, they're just cuckolding Spidey on the covers. Tony just hired her to be his new Pepper Potts, though he is dating someone. Lets be honest though, yeah it'll happen, and it will be awful.
>>
>>79010270
>Lets be honest though, yeah it'll happen, and it will be awful.
Bendis isn't creative enough to do anything else with her. We all know it.
>>
>>79003581
It's okay so far, and I want him to fuck Mockingbird
>>
I'm on board with it, but Slott's Miley Cyrus joke last issue is making me think otherwise.
>>
>>79009738
Brand New Day was hit or miss, but slott was on the rotating writer team for that.

The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt were, IMO, the last set of really good spider-man stories. I don't think anything since has really matched that level of quality.

and no I don't include slott's shitty arc in the gauntlet as one of the great stories
>>
>>79003581
I gave it a couple issues an couldn't care enough to stick around.
>>
File: 1374963753899.jpg (504 KB, 506x906) Image search: [Google]
1374963753899.jpg
504 KB, 506x906
>>79003581

It's good but I was disturbed after reading Secret Wars #9 and discovered that Pete hadn't worked hard to make his company Parker Industries so successful but Reed Richards had made it that way.

What if it all comes tumbling down with the typical Parker luck, and Pete ends up losing it all, squatting in a run down studio apartment and even worse, billions of dollars in debt? Ouch.
>>
>>79004549
>Way better than the 'Peter accidentally creates a supervillain, who blows up all his HQ and the company can't afford to rebuild' you'd expect

Unless they do that with Sanjani, or another disgruntled employee.
>>
>>79012664
>Reed
Spidey is Franklin's favorite hero. I imagine that was his contribution.
>>
>>79011315
I thought Gauntlet was all right but I consider Grim Hunt almost as terrible as Slott's most mediocre work.
>>
>>79003581
>10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #1 - 245,873
>10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #2 - 111,322
>11/15 Amazing Spider-Man #3 - 93,848
>12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #4 - 82,066
>12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #5 - 79,122

I wanna see how low the sales get
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.