[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this movie have any redeeming qualities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 11180032_ori.jpg (311 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11180032_ori.jpg
311 KB, 800x1200
Did this movie have any redeeming qualities?
>>
spider-man scenes look really good
>>
>>78994166
The costume
The web swinging sequences are visually pleasing to an extent.

Basically surface level, moment-to-moment stuff. It's still a massive piece of shit.
>>
The action is pretty weirdly conceptualized, but the CGI itself and the detail is pretty cool and a lot better than industry standard. The suit is basically perfect, and the chemistry between Gwen Stacy and Peter is palpable. Everything else is absolute shit and goes to show that there's more to this than just ticking boxes.
>>
>>78994166
The costume, I guess. Some of the Spidey action maybe, I don't really remember. I only remember the bad stuff, and there's a lot of it.
>>
File: Spider-Dance.gif (2 MB, 466x200) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Dance.gif
2 MB, 466x200
What a sad thing to show your future kids though. BOTH OF THEM!
>Show Amazing Spider-man movies
Kid: Wait so she just dies and there's no third movie? Da fuq is that shit dad!?
Me: Ah-uhh don't worry, here are the original movies!
kid: WTF IS THIS DAD??? (see gif)
>>
File: cunt.jpg (93 KB, 1041x895) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
93 KB, 1041x895
>>78994166

>Did this movie have any redeeming qualities?

Yeah, it wasn't The Amazing Spider-Man 1.
>>
>>78994166
The suit is nice, that's it, really.
>>
>>78994166
I liked the way everyone looked.
>>
>>78994166

The looked like how I always imagined Spider-Man to look like in real life, so that was neat.

I was ok with the movie overall, but damn, that costume. I love it.
>>
>>78994166
Jamie Foxx
>>
>>78995498
THIS
>>
>>78994166
It's probably the best live-action portrayal of Spider-Man.

Too bad it's a shitty movie.
>>
>Perfect Spidey
>Gwen X Peter
>Dane Dehaan as Harry
>GOAT fight scenes
>Electro

Honestly this movie had so much potential that was ruined by Sony being greedy. The deleted scenes would have fixed most of its problems and if Sony hadn't meddled then we probably would have gotten a much better film and /co/ would be getting ready for ASM3 right about now. Too bad this board is now full of /tv/ autists who shit their pants and throw a fit whenever anyone dares to have an opinion.
>>
I hope they don't make him quip in the mcu
>>
Visuals. That's literally it. And that's even compromised by a shit Rhino design
>>
>>78994166
It was better than Cap 2, most people here hate it because they've never felt the touch of a woman so they think the Peter/Gwen romance was shitty when it actually gave us one of the most powerful scenes in the whole film.
>>
>>78994166
It actually had a decent love story to it.
>>
>>78995678
>I've never read a book in my life
It's called a parasocial relationship, maybe you would have learned that if you didn't get lazy and complacent at your burger flipping job and actually applied yourself in college
>>
>>78994166
Electro's a fantastic villain.
>>
>>78994166
I liked the bit where electro played the itsy bitsy spider with the pylons
>>
>>78994166
Don't you know, I'm electro>>78994166
>>
>>78994166
the scene where Spidey properly meets Electro for the first time was really well done. The tension was crazy palpable because you could tell that while Electro wasn't a bad man, it could all go completeley tits up if someone says or does the wrong thing
>>
>>78995498
ASM 1 is the only good depiction of Spider-Man on the silver screen
>>
>>78994166
better than the Rami moviesf
>>
>>78994166
His costume and some half-decent action scenes that could have been good in any other plot. I enjoyed the initial scene with him and Giamatti. The idea of a mechanized Rhino suit could have been cool if done slightly better.

It's an infuriating movie because a lot of the pieces are in place, but they just went full-retard with so much of it.
>>
>>78996902
Fuck, it really was great. And it was a great depiction of friendly neighborhood spiderman. I can't believe they did a scene that well only moments before deciding Electro was bad because fuck you we need him to be bad.
>>
>>78995678

He played such a cartoony nerd character, felt like such an akward transition to a broody villain.

I thought his electro was ok visually - his Max was poorly written and acted.
>>
>>78994166
The suit is nearly flawless. Only surpassed by Deadpool's outfit and even so i'd say it's tied
>>
>>78997168
Why did the electric powers fix his tooth gap? Why did they zoom in on it fixing his tooth gap? Why even give him such a stereotypical tooth gap if you were just going to get rid of it slightly later in the most nonsensical way?

Also it would have been cool as fuck if when he got excited or mad sometimes bolts of electricity would jump from the middle of his forehead to be reminiscent of his mask.
>>
>>78996902

This, and him saving the kid from bullies in the alley. First and foremost: A hero needs to be connected to the citizens. Its that human connection that no other cape film has shown at all. The only one I can really remember is Cap winking at a kid in a museum and still that was kind of shitty.
>>
>>78996696
What are you on about?

Bruh.
>>
>>78994166
The costume, the actors, the characters, the potential script they would have went with if corporate hadn't fucked them, the action scenes. I liked Electro's dubstep, I thought it was cool. The montage was cool, we don't often get to see heroes saving common people in movies these days.
>>
>>78994166
>soundtrack
>buildup
>few nice jokes
yeah that about it
acting wa shit and miss, the costume design sucked, plot was boring and predictable and once again had way too many villains
goblin was fucking pointless and rihno did a retarded cameo
overall an extremely mediocre entry
>>
>>78994166
Spider-costume
>>
Gwen's death scene could have been great if it wasn't for the little web-hand reaching out to grab her.
>>
>>78999645
>soundtrack
Go back to /tv/
https://youtu.be/yEz_zs67hwY
>>
>>78999791
Thats an example of bad editing and directing kid. A weird scene considering the tone of the rest of the movie,

Hers a bit of teh original soundtrack, and its really good, i loved how the whispering kicked in when electro faced off spiderman.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spidermna+electro+theme
>>
>>78994166
>Almost perfecr Spider-Man
>everything looked amazing
>Terrific soundtrack
>Emma Stone
>>
>>78999995
>liking that soundtrack
>being that close to getting 7 9s
Shit post
>>
>>79000180
>me being this high
>*6
My post was shittier
>>
Why di they insist on removing the good shit from movies?
https://youtu.be/7ig7XC2RQ9w
https://youtu.be/XimMsQkOLz4
>>
>>78999722
The best scene of the whole movie was Peter standing at her grave, that's where the movie should have ended
>>
>>78994166
>THE SPIDERMAN, HE IS MY ENEMY
I genuinely loved that part
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.