[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
superman - american alien #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78983152
Thank you
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78983357
>Every day until you like it.
>>
>>
>>
>>78983439
It's still literally raping his image and promoting him as a edgy dudebro. DC is obsessed with making Superman "Gritty" and "Realistic" over Fun and Inspirational.

You don't see Marvel making an "elseworld" where Ms Marvels has drunk sex and cuts people's arms off.
>>
>>
>>78983502
Some ppl call it humanizing The persona
>>
>>78983268
Here's your reply
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78983540
>Some ppl call it humanizing The persona
Not everyone is a unlikable cynical jerk like you, Max Landis/Geoff Johns. Some of us prefer Clark Kent and Billy Batson to be ideals of inspiration and pure joy, not unlikable edgy jerks or dudebros.
That's why so many people left moden DC.
>>
>>
>>
>>78983357

Well, he's trying to be different, seems to be the point. Trying to be a little "wilder". You can see by the next page that it's not working. He just has too much of a sense of responsibility that peeks in through anyway.
>>
>>78983630
Goodbye, bruh...
>>
>>78983666
>The Real Question by Grant Morrison by Max Landis

I swear that's lifted from Supergods
>>
>>78983701
>Well, he's trying to be different
Uh huh, becaus trying to make Superman more """"grounded"""" is suuuuuuch an original idea.

this is why Superman need to go into the public Domain. At least the way ANYONE (including better writers) can write him.
>>
>>78983502
That's because Ms Marvel is too pussy to do anything like that
>>
File: 1452616537873.jpg (14 KB, 347x420) Image search: [Google]
1452616537873.jpg
14 KB, 347x420
>>78983782
>suuuuuuch
Jesus christ.
>>
>>78983575
>flicks a guy with his super strength across the ocean
>doesn't check to make sure he didn't drown
I'm glad dc and max landis loves making sure that Superman is not only okay with killing but likes it. Even when it contradicts the previous issue...
>>
>>78983813
I like thinking Kent as a teenager doing teenager things [specially]...
>>
It was already storytimed yesterday.

Why does no one know how to use the archive?
>>
>>78983813
>>78983966
>Ms Marvel is a pussy for not being an unlikable shallow fratboy
Ms Marvel is more Fun and Inspirational than Modern Superman. Ms Marvel inspires young readers that they aren't useless and not the fault for everything wrong in the world. She teaches love as acceptance.
Modern Superman is a douche who melts people's arms off, swears, drinks, has sex with random women he just met, and punch people across waters and not care if they drown (and that's not including Nu52 Superman who has a buzzcut, punches police officers, fight monsters who dig up his parent's graves, and broods). I guess Marvel does what DCan't (I.e. create likeable inspirational heroes)
*mic drop*
>>
Someone needs to make a Max Landis bingo chart for the few autists here that keep shitting up any thread even remotely related to him. Sample squares could be:

Mary Sue
Bro
Fratboy
Mysogenist
Haircut
Raping
Edgy
Dad Killing Kids
Nepotism
>>
>653 replies 56 images omitted Click Here to view
>>
>Max Landis does a find/replace on his Penthouse letter
>>
>>78984126
As inspirational as your quote :P
>>
>>78983224
There seem to be two dead asian children and a dead stuntman missing from this page.
>>
>>78983287
>Max Landis literally self-inserting himself on Clark
And Max complains about shitty fanfiction writing
>>
>>78983620
>God I hope so
Than they fought in the middle of the Amazon where she briefly turned him into a werecheetah.
>>
>>78989374
That's not self inserting. That's just what Max Landis thinks is regular person behaviour.
>>
>>78983367
Great, now I ship Cheetah/Superman.
>>
>>78983502
>Implying Carol wasn't doing just that for about 15 years
>>
>>78984126
cringe
>>
>>78989968
>>78983287
>Mark Waid will never write Superman again
>he won't fix the mess DC has made Superman
>>
>>78984126
>*mic drop*

you just had to, huh
>>
>>78983287
this is why Superman NEEDS to be in the Public Domain.

Let other BETTER writers have Superman instead of DC continue to rape him
>>
>>78990324
that's just self-inserting without a shred of self-awareness
>>
>>78990405
More liked 6 years ago.
>>
stop shilling your shitty comic, max landis: go back to whining on twitter how unfair MoS has a higher RT score than american ultra.

also your hair looks stupid.
>>
File: 1450399772412.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1450399772412.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
I still don't see what was necessarily wrong with Clark in this. He really wasn't that much of a dudebro douche. He turned up on the ship, was mistaken as someone else, was convinced to play along by a beautiful redhead, decided to have fun and party in a way he had never done before (I mean come on who wouldn't), he got noted how wastful these people are and how he doesn't like it, has consensual sex with said red head, becomes drugged so badly he actually gets black out drunk, does something stupid to someone who picked a fight (again he literally was black out drunk, we've all made mistakes when in a state like that), wakes up and goes on his way.

I mean I don't really see what he did that was terrible here. He's still essentially a teenager so him deciding to go along and have fun isn't really that big a deal. Christ Supes is usually a more of a easy going character anyway.

>>78984126
You are a penis. And you hating on Paktion comics shows you're just baiting and haven't read it.
>>
>>78994264
The real Superman (and Clark since they are the same) are supporto be an ideal. The real Superman is suppose to be pure. The real Superman is suppose to e flawless. The real Superman is suppose to be fun and nice. That's why his name is SUPERman.
He doesn't swear. He doesn't drink alcohol. He doesn't bang random women he just met. He doesn't melt people's arms off. He doesn't flick people across the ocean and let them drown.
He is SUPERMAN. This isn't Superman or Clark Kent. This is Max Landis sticking Superman's name on himself and selling it to fools like you who don't truely know the character. And him and DC comics continue to rape the character by trying to make him """""mature""""" with violence, alcohol, swearing, drugs, blood, and sex. None of that is Superman.
>>
>>78984126
>Ms Marvel is a better and more fun character than current Superman
it really shows you the sad state of dc comics when Ms Marvel is a better character and book than anything Superman in the last few years.
>>
>>78994689
Hmm. I guess I've never seen him as an ideal like that. I've always just seen him as a good person doing his best with what he can do. And as such seeing him going from kid finding himself to a good man who just happens to be stronger than us. Personally seeing him as an ideal is something I don't like since it implies that people can't be like Supes which I think is something I disagree with and something I think Supes would disagree with. He sees himself like us and he sees that we are capable of the same good as he is so to say that he is some perfect ideal makes it so that we couldn't compare.

Personally I don't really think you understand superman that much.
>>
File: Al Bundy Yes.gif (476 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
Al Bundy Yes.gif
476 KB, 200x199
>>78983558
>>78983575
>>
>>78995088
this anon is right! Superman is some gayass perfect ideal for people to inspire to. he's a alpha like us who bangs chicks, drinks big, and fucks up anyone who crosses him!
also, be sure to check out new superman comic coming by max landis and greg pak called 'S' gon give it to ya! in which we take superman and do something we have never done before: make him grounded and gritty!
in this elseworld comic, superman now wears a hoodie and has a sidecut haircut and a backwards cap! instead of his boring powers he now has telekinesis and telepathy! Watch him blow up criminal's legs and bang some hot sluts while he finishes a six pack! this ain't your daddy's queer krytonian! this is Biggy Supes for a new generation!
Because here at DC, we know how to make Biggy Supes hip to le kids!
>>
>>78983630
Maybe you should have actually read Power of Shazam.
>>
>>78983152
ITT: Bait
>>
>>78984126
>Disney/Marvel will never be able to buy Superman from WB/DC and fix him
>we won't hav Superman in the MCU
>we won't have Superman in 616 marvel
>>
>>78983152
That cover still makes me think this was going to be about Plastic Man.

Goddamn Minerva is hot in this.
>>
>>78994264
>I still don't see what was necessarily wrong with Clark in this.
There's nothing wrong. It's just some faggot with a hard-on for hating Landis for some reason. You can twll by the standard Landis hate meme dialogue: fratboy, rape, murdered kids, haircut, etc. followed by a nice dose of NOT MUH SUPERMAN for extra effect.
>>
>people still respond to Landis poster
But why
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 600x600
>>78996312
>There's nothing wrong
Except for everything.
DC comics keeps ruining Superman by making him more 'relatable' but all it does it take away from who Superman should be (even when he's just Clark Kent).
Superman doesn't need to burn people arms off, or drink liqueur, swear, or bang random women to make him 'cool'.
That's not what makes Superman great. That's what takes away what makes Superman/ClarkKent special twisting him into a cynical edgy shell of what he is suppose to be. No one thinks of Him and instantly of booze, sex, and gore. That's not Truth, Justice, and the American Way. That's the 90s way.
>>
>>78983666

>meta-contextual drivel

No thanks, I don't need any recycled Morrison ideas, Landis.

I get annoyed enough by the actual Morrison.
>>
>>78994689

You just described the most boring person ever.
>>
>>78996619
>NOT MUH NOT MUH NOT MUH
It's a mini and an elseworld. Superman can be whatever. Just like any character can be whatever. Why don't you go back to your twitter so you can @ Landis directly for whatever it is that triggers you about him so much.
>>
>>78996726
then back to reading your Batman
>>
I honestly can't tell if the people whining about this non-stop are baiting or not.
>>
File: purityball.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
purityball.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
>>78994689
>The real Superman (and Clark since they are the same) are supporto be an ideal.

lol apparently you can't be idealistic and good without being the physical embodiment of a Christian Purity Ball.

I am fully in favor of Clark not being a virgin.
>>
>>78983666
>making Mxyzptk edgy
>stealing ideas from Morrison
>>
>>78995594
Man you seem really annoyed by what I said. I'm sorry that wasn't really my intention. There's nothing wrong with seeing him as an ideal I just don't think that's necessarily how supes would want to be seen. But you've misconstrued what I said. I'm not saying that what you should do is make superman some edgy murderer that's not supes. but you can be a genuinely good person without being a monolith. For some reason you are comparing relatable with flawed and that's not the case. you can have a truly good person and still be relatable.
>>78996619
I'm getting the feeling that you don't think that people can be as good as superman. This is not true and frankly I'm kind of annoyed that someone who seems to love supes would ignore his earnest belief in humanity. Him being a genuine person does not make him bad.

For example you use the heat vision attack in the second book. In that instance Clark used his heat vision after that person put a slug in his head ans genuinely made him bleed. He was hurt and scared and as in most things his heat vision can be activated by intense emotions. He was scared and acted how he could as a kid. Afterwards he showed extreme regret about his actions. What he did there was some edgy power fantasy but the actions of a scared did defending himself.

For me what makes him great is not the ideal he represents but the person he is. Someone who chooses to help not because he has to or because of some vendetta but because he is able to and he thinks it is the right thing to do. He's an idealist in a world of cynics. To me turning into an unmoving ideal cheapens the character. But hey that's what having different iterations of characters is for.
>>
MAX LANDIS is the greatest writer in all history and fuck ALL-STAR SUPERMAN and anyone who likes ALL-STAR SUPERMAN the worst comic ever
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg (41 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg
41 KB, 420x240
>>78997220
>>78994689
>>78984126
>>
>>78994689
How do you write a comic about an ideal, motherfucker?

The typical Ms Marvel nigger, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>78994689
FUCKING THIS SO MUCH

he is supposed to be all the best aspects of man. He rises when other fall, resists when others would give in. Lends a hand when others would shirk.

Superman is all the best traits of humanity. Our light gives him power. He is inspired to be the living achievement of man. A heroic example for everyone to strive for

this cucked up reduces him into just another sloppy jackass, where he should SOAR above our shortcomings.
>>
>>78997023
What is the tripfag talking about? Where in that post does he say Superman should be a virgin?

He actually barely talks about sex at all, but the tripfag fixates on it.
>>
>>78997312
You know we can tell when you're responding to yourself right? Because you have the same fucked up sentence syntax and bizarre way of phrasing things as every other autistic post in this thread.
>>
>>78997284
Fuck you you ALL-STAR SUPERMAN loving shithead. You and all you ALL-STAR SUPERMAN cultists ruined Superman. I bet you think killing children with a helicopter is wrong.
>>
>>78983341

>I want to be an archaeologist
>you already study those people

I can't tell if it's the writing or a joke, but does one of them mean anthropologist?
>>
>>78997288
Read a Superman comic and maybe you'll find out.
>>
>>78997319
No seriously, why do you write like such a retard? Do you not know how autistic you come off as when you speak like this?
>>
>>78997154
>he showed extreme regret about his actions
Yeah, he felt so bad he decided to drink alcohol (which was poisoned) and risk getting intoxicated and doing something stupid with his powers (like launching a guy into the water and leaving him to drown). 10/10 What a likable hero.
>>
>>78997453
Why are you pretending to talk to one person? Are you delusional?
>>
>>78997319
>The real Superman is suppose to be pure.
> He doesn't bang random women he just met.

The idea that having sex at a party with someone you connected with as a moral failing and a character flaw is about as creepy moralizing Christian as you can get.
>>
>>78997425
I just did, all it told me is that I should get drunk, bang random women, and get into drunk fights. I guess that's the ideal Superman stand for now.
>>
>>78997425
I am reading one, so I guess I'm done for the day.
Take your own medicine. how about that.
>>
>>78997493
Because you're making it insanely obvious my good bitch.
>>
>>78997496
Having sex with random sluts you just met is something only morons do, though. Great way to get diseases. Most people over 25 would agree.

And where does he say Superman shouldn't have sex ever? You just made that up. Tripfags are all retards.
>>
File: originals-mccrea-hitman-02.jpg (122 KB, 580x878) Image search: [Google]
originals-mccrea-hitman-02.jpg
122 KB, 580x878
>>78997312
Again you're angry that he didn't magically the out of the womb perfect. The point of him having the family and the upbringing he had was that they were supposed to give him the upbringing and morals to be the great person he was. Having Superman grow into his role as superman isn't inherently bad. And he isn't just supposed to be something to aspire to. He's also supposed to see in us what we see in him and want to bring us up to stand alongside him.

>>78997478
He literally states that he didn't think he could get drunk. It wasn't the alcohol that fucked him up but the mortally fatal poison he ingested. You can't really plan for that.
>>
>>78997584
>Having sex with random sluts you just met is something only morons do, though.

lol
>>
>>78997542
It's not true, though? You're jumping at shadows, it's pathetic.
>>
How can such a shit film writer breed such autistic haters? I mean, just about any crap screen writer is pretty ignorable even if they say dumb shit on twitter. But there are people out there who just get triggered by Landis and just sperg out to attack any medium he's involved in, as this thread easily showcases.
>>
>>78997612
Are you a child or a manchild? You seem to have no understanding of responsible behavior.
>>
>>78997684
>responsible behavior
>having sex

These are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>78997585
>It wasn't the alcohol that fucked him up but the mortally fatal poison he ingested
Which he got by drinking the alcohol because he decided to risk it because he thought he was strong enough
>You can't really plan for that.
"Gee whiz! I'm an alien with weird superpowers! I don't know what will happen of I drink too much. I could be fine, or I could get drunk and accidentally abuse my powers. I should take resposibility....NAAAAHHH, I'mma get shitfaced!!!! XD"
>>
>>78997684
You know sexuality isn't inherently wrong and you're allowed to have sex with someone just because you both want to. That really isn't that big a deal dude.
>>
>>78997665
Reading ALL-STAR SUPERMAN turns your mind to goo.
>>
>>78997684
Imagine what this dude's life is like where he's created an entire fantasy scenario where he exists in an echelon above other normies because women won't touch his fetid rotten dick.

I'll help you out dude, healthy consenting adults have sex all of the time. Sometimes even the day they meet each other.
>>
>>78997735
>like he hasn't already drank alcohol before this point and already knows that it shouldn't have any effect.

It's like you've never been a teenager in a rural town anon.
>>
>>78997709
Do tripfags have the memory of a goldfish? I just said two posts ago
>And where does he say Superman shouldn't have sex ever? You just made that up.

Having sex is fine. Having drunk sex with random party skanks is irresponsible.
>>
>>78997665
Maybe if he wasn't such a terrible writing no one would be complaining?
>>
>>78997810
That's what he thought. People think they can hold their liqueur all the time (doesn't mean they can). Because of this Clark got himself drunk on poisen and made a huge risk.
You would think after burning a man's limbs off he would be afraid of not being in control of his powers and be extra careful. But no, who cares. #YOLO
>>
>>78997964
>Superman should operate with machine-like efficiency, even as a teenager. Literally every situation should be thought over hundred times over and responded to as though he had his thumb on the trigger of a nuclear reactor

This is what people are complaining about when they say Superman is written too perfectly. Who the fuck wants to read about a character like this? Who the fuck can relate to a character like this?
>>
>>78997828
He's lucky he didn't get her pregnant with an alien baby that tears through her stomach ala The Boys. But who cares! It's okay for Clark for be a dumbass because every teenager is this stupid (though according to this thread might be accurate)
>>
>>78983630
>Not everyone is a unlikable cynical jerk like you, Max Landis/Geoff Johns
>Comparing Johns to Landis
What
>>
>>78997828
Which ones are you? Do point out which post belong to you so I can laugh at your face even more.
>>
>>78998037
You have very low standards if you think that's "machine-like efficiency".
>>
>>78997964
I. What? That was years ago and he obviously has a good control of his powers by now. And again that's like blaming someone for dying because they ate poisoned food because they should have been more careful. Why the fuck would Clark have any reason to think that the drink is poisoned by a fatal poison?
>>
>>78998071
This is essentially what you are asking for. A Superman who absolutely under no circumstances cannot have fun or be a human being, even a dumb one for half a second.

You don't want a character, let alone a rural teenager who grew up in a town where drinking and fucking are the only things to do (Believe me, I've lived in one.), you want a character who is a monolithic ideal that is always perfect and always right.
>>
>>78998062
>No response
>>
>>78998106
I'm pretty sure he thinks that people aren't capable of being truly good people unless they abstain from enjoying themselves ever and have to be perfect at all times.
>>
You faggots are actually defending this drivel?
>>
>>78998106
It's kind of incredible to me how much people are missing the point of this story. Clark is presented one opportunity in his life to be someone he's not, to cut loose and be someone else for just one day. Who the fuck wouldn't take that opportunity when presented to them? Especially knowing what Clark's youth was like.
>>
>>78996619
>SUPERMAN CAN ONLY HAVE ONE TYPE OF STORY
no nigga
Also, I've been suicidal for 8 years now. I go to sleep every night praying I don't wake up. I only remain alive because my death would destroy my family.
That panel in All Star Superman only serves to make me cringe. Out of everyone in the world who's depressed or suicidal, they choose this emo, punk tranny. Someone who was about to kill themselves simply due to impatience and as an attention grab. They made a mockery of a real issue that plagues the world.
>>
>>78998076
>he obviously has a good control of his powers by now
Apparently not since it only took a little extra to make him loopy.
And food doesn't put you at risk at hurting others.
Clark should never of taken the risk at the beginning.
>>
>>78997860
Scott Lobdell is a shit writer. I'm not suddently at the point that I'm shitposting every thread that remotely involves him.

There's just a level that Landis has seemingly reached where he's simultaneously triggering asinine faggots and simultaneously making them jealous that he's more famous and successful than they'll ever be. Hence constantly bringing up his dad, crying nepotism, calling him a edgy hack, etc.
>>
>>78998155
>>78998106
>I need alcohol and sex to be happy
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>78998238
>Clark should never of taken the risk at the beginning.
>Having a fucking drink is a risk that he should abstain from at all times

This is why we're laughing at you dude. You simply do not understand how unreasonable and how boring the character you are demanding that Clark be written at all times, really is.
>>
>>78998196
Personally I don't have a problem with it. Everybody is going 'not muh superman' but I thought that's the point. This isn't superman. It's Clark before he's superman. He's still growing, trying to find his place in the world. He's still a kid. I'm not saying it's amazingly written it's just people who want to force supes into not being an actual person frustrate me as I don't see him like that.
>>
>>78998276
>To be happy

Nice job moving the goal posts there champ.
>>
>>78998276
I don't agree with you but it's kind of weird that a bunch of loner virgins are arguing that you need sex and parties to enjoy life. A lot of self-hatred there.
>>
>>78998276
>people aren't allowed to experiment and try new experiences because then they won't be pure
You must live a sheltered life.
>>
>>78998306
>One guy who shows up at every Landis thread is going 'not muh superman'
FTFY
>>
>>78998276
>I need alcohol and sex to be happy '

Literally no one has said this.

Where did you grow up? Are you still a virgin? These are honest questions, and I am withholding judgement and I mean that sincerely.
>>
>>78998306
But he's not acting remotely like Clark or Superman. I wouldn't be able to tell it was supposed to be Clark if it wasn't specified. It's one thing to show another side of a character and another to make a new character and slap an existing character's name on it.
>>
>>78998238
But it wasn't a risk. And Champagne isn't even that alcoholic. Hell over a whole day to be as drunk as Supes is you'd be going through a few bottles of the stuff. A poison that shuts down your entire nervous system is way more than a little extra. And again why would Clark even think there was a risk in the first place?
>>
>>78998296
>ALCOHOL IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD, BRUH. THERE'S NOTHING BETTER, BRUH.
I'm glad you think that Clak can only be interesting if he's a idiot and that it's okay he risked getting drunk and doing horrible shit with his powers. You would think a kid that found out he was an alien with dangerous power that almost murdered a guy would be mre cautious.
>>
Reminder that spending an hour arguing with an autistic person about their opinion on comic books makes you no better than them, regardless of their opinion.
>>
Is Minerva someone and I'm just not getting the reference?
>>
>>78998374
Ok then. How would a 21 year old Clark Kent who hasn't even decided to use his powers for good and hell hasn't even decided to leave smallville act after getting on the boat and being mistaken for bruce wayne. Specifically from right here. >>78983287

Not trying to be too combative but personally this doesn't seem too out of character for a clark that hasn't adopted his more meek persona yet so maybe you could show me what I'm missing.
>>
>>78998485
Autism is vindicated by history, anon
That's the sad lie that keeps us posting here
>>
>>78998155
you seem like the type of person who would put alcohol in Kamala's drink for shits and giggles
then probably try to daterape her
>>
>>78997665
I think it's his doing. There's no such thing as bad publicity and as much hate as American Alien get, Evey month it's discussed like hell while stuff like Omega Men or Prez or those new Vertigo titles are barely mentioned. And then if you look closely each thread, both his fan and his haters sound retarded with a few of the haters having specific points they keep bringing up in an attempt to look stupid and trick people into thinking "these Landis haters sure are dumb, maybe the guy's not so bad, his haters are just dumb and obnoxious".
>>
>>78998460
Yeah, because Superman is a perfect being who never ever makes mistakes, especially years before he decides to use his abilities in the service of humanity.
>>
>>78983636
I really enjoy this story.
Thank you for the storytime OP!!!
>>
>>78998528
No. Why would you say that? Just because I don't see a problem with someone drinking doesn't mean I force it. I just don't see someone drinking as a bad thing.

Just a question how sheltered are you actually? Cause the fact that you took people saying that there is nothing wrong with drinking and thought that meant that I'd also be ok with rape is kinda fucking strange.
>>
>>78998422
>And Champagne isn't even that alcoholic.
Still alcoholic
>Hell over a whole day to be as drunk as Supes is you'd be going through a few bottles of the stuff
Well, I'm glad Clark decided to take that risk. Maybe next he can do some cocaine and hope he doesn't kill everyone.
>>
>>78998551
>as much hate as American Alien get
It's not really hated though. It gets pretty stellar reviews in just about every outlet. The only people hating on it are the ones that are hating it just for who the writer is.
>>
>>78998634
Why are you pretending to be a normie on 4chan? What purpose is there?
>>
>>78998573
>Yeah, because Superman is a perfect being who never ever makes mistakes
Nope, just a dudebro that burns people's off. So cool!
>>
>>78983666
...All I heard is Godfrey.

>MIX-YESS-SPIT-LICK
>>
>>78998501
Cheetah.
>>
>>78998674
>Only normies drink alcohol

Come off it dude.
>>
>>78998743
DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO
>>
>>78998517
He would tell the Truth and leave. Then go play baseball with Pete Ross
>>
>>78998674
I genuinely don't know what constitutes a normie. Are we supposed to be ok with rape? Cause that's wrong.
>>78998658
OK I made a mistake. I meant to say that for a normal person who isn't a solar powered alien to get as drunk as Clark did would take multiple bottles. For him it would do nothing. Pretty sure Coke wouldn't effect him either but I don't know, don't think that's ever been shown. Sorry I confused you.
>>
>>78998743
Drinking alcohol alone is pathetic.
>>
>>78998815
How would he leave he's on a boat in the middle of a relatively large body of water?
>>
>>78998664
to be fair, those same people also give stellar reviews to Snyder and Slott
>>
>>78998817
>we
There's no we. It's us and you (singular)

>Are we supposed to be ok with rape
The younger the better

>Cause that's wrong
I can't even type a response to this without outright calling you a nigger
>>
Can you actually like a comic purely out of spite? Cause I doubt the defenders actually think it's good.
>>
that was pretty good, thanks for sharing OP.
>>
>>78998044
I'm sure barbara is on the pill and even if she wasn't she doesn't strike me as the type who keep the baby.
>>
>>78998913
Have you checked out the Marvel comics lately
It's hard to tell about the genuine fans from the SJWs and white knights.
>>
>>78998878
Ok well I'm not ok with rape. I mean jokes are ok and all but the actual idea of like doing it to an actual person is gross. If that's a normie thought I guess I'm a normie. Sorry to bother you.
>>
>>78998827
>>78998757
>lol us friendless anons right XD
>>
>>78998913
I think it's great. It's a little different, a little more modern take on Clark. It made me buy the singles even though I usually only buy trades.
>>
>>78998913
*GASP*
Whaaaaaat???!!!!! You don't like story where Clark Kent is fratboy who drinks and bangs random chicks????
But he's so much cooler than previous faggot boring versions! He's gritty, grounded, and with a wicked sense of humor!
>>
>>78999027
Man come on. How is he gritty? And again why is it morally wrong to drink or have consensual sex with someone?
>>
>>78999112
Superman shouldn't have sex with people who aren't Lois Or Batman
>>
>>78999027
Anon I drink harder on a tuesday night than Clark has on a party boat and I am by no means a heavy drinker. You might just have to accept the fact that Superman isn't a teetotaller.
>>
>>78999112
It's morally wrong to get drunk if you can literally kill everyone around you with your superpowers

It's wrong to have drunken sex with a girl you can easily tear in two if you aren't 100% careful.
>>
>>78999112
The part where Clark "Man of Charred Arms" Kent left Slade to drown and didnt bother to check if he was okay
>>
>>78999184
This is the most amused I have been since I found out about Christian Sonic
>>
>>78999112
Jeez, this again? I just said it was irresponsible to have sex with random sluts you don't know. I don't know why that offends you all so.
>>
>>78998106
>You don't want a character, let alone a rural teenager who grew up in a town where drinking and fucking are the only things to do (Believe me, I've lived in one.)
I grew up in the city myself, but I just find this funny because all the country people I'd meet would me this same thing, where there's really nothing to do in the country but drink and fuck with a side of hanging out at Walmart occasionally. Probably why I liked the second issue, since it finally shows what actual country kids would be like.
>>
>>78999245
>Slut-shaming
Anon Superman would be disappointed in you.
>>
>>78999184
>>78999185
We've been through this guys. There was no way clark could have known that there would have been a poison in his drink. If there was not the poison he would not have got drunk. There was no risk. And he's obviously good at being gentle. You learn how to do that. And he used his heat vision in self defense when a slug tore up his face and he was scared. How is that edgy or anything?
>>78999295
Also what he said. There is nothing wrong with having sex to just enjoy sex. Stop being puritans.
>>
I can see why his movies keeps failing in Hollywood and the only place left for his shitty ass scripts is in comics.
>>
I don't know which makes me more sad, that I'm defending Landis comic or I'm defending Landis comic against even more unreasonable people
>>
>>78999323
>it's okay, they had it coming. Lethal force is the only force
Hi Zimmerman!
>>
>>78999148
Not gonna lie, I'd love for Clark and Bruce to be gay together. The character dynamic is great already. I think they'd be a great couple.
>>
>>78999384
Do you not believe in protecting yourself anon?
>>
File: Anti Life Equation.jpg (371 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
Anti Life Equation.jpg
371 KB, 800x1184
>>78997029
>>making Mxyzptk edgy

Not that difficult really.
>>
>>78999384
The kid was scared. How dare a child act scared. Why do you assume Clark was always some unfeeling unmovable being? Why do you hate the concept of him having to learn things and making mistakes?
>>
>>78999323
I said it's dumb and irresponsible, not "wrong", as in morally. You guys are really stupid, why can't you read right?

Jeez, I didn't evens start this, I wouldn't care if the tripfag didn't overly fixate on it when responding to some other guy's incomprehensible post.
>>
Stop responding to the bait, fools
>>
>>78999529
>>78999184
>it's morally wrong
>>
>>78999542
Fuck you Landis
>>
>>78999576
That wasn't even me, what the fuck.
>>
>>78999477
>>78999323
>I-I-I-I-It's okay if Clark burned a guy's limbs off, left a guy to drown, and has sex with random women! He was scared! He was horny! He's still learning! He's become the real Superman eventually!
>I-I-I-I-It's okay Clark destroyed Metropolis, killed Zod in cold blood, and destroyed a guy's truck! He was scared! He's become the real Superman eventually!
In case you can't tell I'm rolling my eyes
>>
>>78999529
Ok then fair enough. I was more talking to the autist but whatever. You're right it could be seen as that but my response would be why can't young clark be a bit irresponsible every once in a while? It's not like there was a problem with what he did and she obviously was into him. Why shouldn't he go for it?
>>
>>78998664
Except pretty much every site but /co/ has pretty bad taste. They often give Snyder, Johns, Slott, etc stellar reviews.
>>
>>78999647
If real Superman acted like Landis version I don't see how there'd even be an Earth left to protect by the time he grew up.
>>
>>78999665
God, I don't even know what my original point was supposed to be. I just responded to some tripfag acting stupidly and then kept having to defend myself
>>
>>78999665
>>78999770
Wait, I remember

Not wanting Clark to act like some Landis-insert douche is not the same as wanting him to be a robot, and conflating the two means you can only think in extremes.
>>
>>78999696
>Clark: Welp, I accidentally killed a bank robbed with my ice breath. I should be more careful with my powers....after I take a few snorts of cocaine. When has anything bad happened to snorting cocaine? All the cool kids are doin it
>Penguin: Aha! Prepare to die, Bruce Wayne! For I've poisoned your cocaine! Wahwahwaha!
>Clark sneezes and destroys the galaxy
>Clark: Totally worth it
>>
So far so good.

This is the journey the messianic figures takes before he actually becomes the ideal.

You don't think Jesus went from being a baby to bearded asshole in the desert overnight?

If you want another example, read Dune you clueless faggots. Paul can't even save his dad and fucks up all the time before ingesting the water of life and becomes the Kwisatz Haderach.
>>
>>78999647
I didn't stutter. A super child acted scared and in self defense. he thought confronting them was the right thing to do and was shown that he was not ready for the responsibility of trying to do the right thing. The poison put him in a state where he obviously was super intoxicated. How was that his fault? That's like blaming supes for the shit he does while under mind control. There is nothing wrong with him wanting to have sex. Honestly I don't know why you think it is. And in Superman has killed before. He did his best to punch doomsday to death back when he was mullet supes. He does the best he can to keep people safe. Most of the time he's strong enough that no one has to get killed. That was not one of those times. He had to make a hard decision to protect people and he made it.
>>78999893
What the fuck are you on about. the time difference between 2 and 3 has been like 8 years. And why are you acting like it was the alcohol that fucked him up. I swear it's like you guys are trying to get offended by this.
>>78999871
Ok so I'll ask again. How is him wanting to experience a lifestyle he has never had the chance to experience as a young adult make him a douche? I don't think I was the one who started arguing with you all the way at the beginning of this but either way.
>>
>>78999666
This racist wannabe Jap jpg board is truly a wellspring of patrician taste.
>>
Virgins arguing about sex

People who were never invited to parties arguing about partying

Losers who spent their entire youth in front of a computer screen arguing about youthful irresponsibility

Oh lawdy, just stop.
>>
>>78999417
isnt that what apollo and midnighter were supposed to be? dunno much about them myself so im not sure
>>
>>78999994
>comparing Superman to Jesus
I'm face palming so hard.
Superman isn't Jesus. Superman isn't a asshole. He's SUPERMAN. He's better than us. He's what we strive to be. He's not a horny drunk that maims people
>liking Dune
Nevermind, I'm debating a man with the worst taste in fiction (next to the bible)
>>
I don't know who's redditing who any more.
>>
>ITT, autism central. no fun allowed, everything is edgy and douchebag dudebroism if I say so
>also, women are sluts

Ah, comics fans.
>>
>>79000263
Did you just call Jesus an asshole?
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>79000263
>This post
>>
You know, sometimes I wish we'd have a drawfag who would draw comic called "shit /co/ says" that ridicules how retarded comics discussions we have.
>>
File: that aint gum yall.png (1 MB, 1632x1519) Image search: [Google]
that aint gum yall.png
1 MB, 1632x1519
I enjoyed that storytime. Thanks, OP!
>>
>>79000263
Dude! come on. Superman isn't about him being better than us. That's fucking lex's whole thought process. How have you failed to grasp the basic tenant of the character. Actually how have you somehow reversed it? He isn't supposed to be seen as better than us. He is supposed to simply be a good person with the power to do good. How is that so fucking hard to understand? It's shit like this why superman suffers. No one can agree on what superman is anymore.
>>
>>79000453
>liking worst Quinn
I can see why someone of your 'standards' would like this comic
>>
>>79000334
Jesus killed, hurt, and cursed people.

Those aren't things Superman does (or at least when he's written well)
>>
>>79000050
Well we don't like Snyder, Slott, this, and sometimes Johns, so yeah.
>>
File: 1452031939905.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1452031939905.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>>79000584
Oh god.

You're one of THOSE.

Abandon thread.
>>
these American Aliens threads might just be the baitiest threads I've ever seen
>>
>>79000263
>disliking Dune

that guy was retarded though, totally missed the point that paul was mohammed
>>
>>78990986
>>78983502
>>78983630
>>78984126
>>78994689
>>78995594
>>78996619
>>78997312
>>78999027

Are these really the people who claim to like comics?
>>
>>79000584
But he also died for your sins so...even?
>>
File: 2016-01-08 18_30_33-Photos.png (226 KB, 328x351) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08 18_30_33-Photos.png
226 KB, 328x351
>>78984126
>mic drop
>>
>>79000759
I like comics, just GOOD ones like Ms Marvel. Not trash like this.
>>
>>79000759
We're supposed to like shitty, OOC comics?
>>
>>79000796
1/10

Way too obvious.
>>
>734 replies and 70 images omitted Click Here to view
>>
>>79000775
Superman would too. And he's not a jerk.
>>
What's with the abnormal amount of shitposting in these threads? I'm not convinced you guys care about Superman so why do you hate Landis so much?
>>
>>79000796
I can't wait until Ms. Marvel tries alcohol for the first time so I can watch you sperg out then too.
>>
>>79000817
It's an elseworld. The characters are allowed to be OOC.
>>
>>79000848
It's hard to care about Superman when he keeps getting shitty portrayals like this.

Kind of like I really didn't give a fuck about Dick before his time as Batman and his spy gig, because he's often written as Batman-lite except maybe snarkier and hotter.
>>
>>79000846
Superman lacks the necessary divinity to forgive you of your sins anon. Better ask Jesus to forgive for that blasphemy.
>>
>>79000848
Because he's a shitty writer? Because he's a shitty writer who writes a shitty superman? Because he's a shitty writer that claims to be the greatest writer and whines on the Internet when his shitty movies get shitty scores? Because he's a shitty writer who complains about shitty fanfiction writing when all his writing his shitty fanfiction writing? Because he claims there are no original ideas then writes a frankenstein movie and born-ripoff? Because he claims to be a feminist but hates strong female characters and makes them blow up doll trophies for his male characters? Because his hair looks stupid?
>>
>>79000822
>liking Ms Marvel is bait
Full Kek!
>>79000871
He already did. She was tricked by other kids into doing despite being against her religion.
>>
>>79000817
No, but saying shit like Superman hasn't had a good comic in years and that DC is ruining him shows that you don't read comics at all and just look for things to complain about. They aren't forcing you to read this elseworlds comic which has no bearing on anything.
>>
>>79001009
Its a good comic, but its literally the same story over and over and over again, you really have some shit taste, and Kamala is the Queen of bland
>>
>>79000971
You know you don't have to read it right? You can simply ignore it and move on with your life.
>>
>>79000971
Why do you follow him so closely if you hate him so much? The only thing I've seen from him is this comic an I think it's been ok so far
>>
>>79001065
>>79001021
>CRITISM ISN'T ALLOWED!!! ROTTEN TOMATOES SHOULD BE BANNED!!! YOU CAN ONLY SAY NICE THINGS AND BE A BUTTKISSER!!!! RRREEEEEE!!!
Hey, Max Landis. Are you still butthurt that Star Wars TFA and Thor the Dark World have higher scores on RT than American Ultra? ;^)
>>
>>79001056
Oh so you don't actually read the comic. Thanks for your input. I'm sorry the comic doesn't have a straight white male lead banging random chicks for you.
>>
>>79001180
Are you literally from Reddit?

I don't care if you hate it. I haven't even read it because it doesn't look like something I'd like. But don't spew horseshit like saying Superman hasn't had good comics in years which is just factually false. Action Comics and Superman have ranged from good to amazing in the past 5 years.
>>
>>79001231
your shitposting is way too transparent
>>
>>79001231
>I'm sorry the comic doesn't have a straight white male lead

You aren't even trying to be subtle with your bait. This thread is aids.
>>
>>79001231
my favorite character is fucking Midnighter man
>>
God, I'm pretended to be like three idiots this thread and I'm pretty sure you're dumber than all of them.
>>
>>79001241
>Action Comics and Superman have ranged from good to amazing in the past 5 years.
pffthahahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious? PFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: cff.jpg (7 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
cff.jpg
7 KB, 295x200
>>78983918
Deathstoke is kinda unkillable...he'll be alright
>>
So Max Landis is definitely here defending his comic, right?
>>
>>79001695
No, he's shitposting against it in hopes that bleedingcool will make an article on it.
>>
>>79001530
Man of Charred Arms doesn't know that. He didn't check to see if he was okay or swim to save him. Despite making a big deal in the last issue that he didn't want to do stuff like that. And despite Max Landis saying how much "Clark loves his villains and tries to help them (unlike Spider-Man who's a bully that tortures them". For someone who says Clark is all about caring, he seems to only care about his own lust and vices.

But how silly of me, why would I want Clark to act like a super decent person? Nope, he needs to be an asshole just like everyone else! Fuck inspirational characters!!! They're for Faggots! We gritty now!
>>
>>78983152
What's Plastic Man doing on a Superman cover? Please tell me this is a crossover.
>>
>>79001750
You've literally been posting the same thing for 10 hours. I'm wondering if you even like Superman or are just absolutely dedicated to shitposting.
>>
>>79001782
I love Superman, just not Mac Landis self-inserting onto him and making him unlikable
>>
>>79001823
So stop shitposting about not muh already and go read the shit you like or start a thread saying "This is how superman should be"
>>
>>79001823
Then why are you reading it?
>>
>>79000971
SJWs are making me a fan of Landis.
>>
>>79001846
>>79001848
>Waaaaahhh!! Waaaaahhhh!!! You're not allowed to critique shitty things I like waaaaahhh!!
Daaaaawwww, dothe babies need a diaper change?
Also by your infant logic no comic threads would be allowed on /co/ (especially Bendis ones).
>>
>>79001916
You know there a board for you? >>>>/pol/
>>
Begone, shills. Your idol is a whiny edgelord and his dad's a murderer.
>>
Can someone besides the guy in this thread tell me why people hate Landis? Is there something specific that pissed people off?
>>
>>79002035
But he's Fixing Supemran!!!!!! He's making him Grounded an Gritty! With sex and violence and drinking and swearing! Now people will know how mature comics are and take them seriously!!!!!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.