[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that Christfags got Courage cancelled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: bdc.png (21 KB, 511x572) Image search: [Google]
bdc.png
21 KB, 511x572
Is it true that Christfags got Courage cancelled?
>>
didn't courage have 3 to 5 seasons? That's a normal solid run
>>
>>78979833
ask tumblr fag
>>
>>78979833

why post fake tumblr stories
>>
>>78979833
its tumblr making up crud to complain about again.
just like folks do here with "thanks to sjws..."
>>
It was an episode in the last season so it's possible?
>>
>>78979936

Sometimes shitty behaviour on the part of the viewing public can HASTEN the end of a show that's already getting on in years; it can make a creative team or a network that's already about ready to call it quits for other reasons say "Yep, that there is the last straw." It happened with Tiny Toons, where all it took was one completely intolerable fan who made their lives miserable for the writers and stars to say "I think it's time to move on to doing something else."
>>
>>78979833
>Had a 52 episode run
>Got cancelled
Yes OP, Christfags did it.
>>
>>78979833
literally tumblr: the literally
>>
>>78979833
>Tumblr
If your source is that cesspool, then no. And if you believe what you read, then you're a bigger dolt then they are.
>>
Teenagers wrote these posts. Amazing. That's the future.
>>
>>78979936
>an episode in the last season
Yeah. The seventh episode of season four, out of the total thirteen episodes.
>>
>>78979833
No. Don't believe anything you read on Tumblr. Especially if it involves LGBT.
>>
Everybody who loved Courage the Cowardly Dog was a little kid with no perspective and no standards. That's why they loved it.

If you were an older kid who grew up on TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe, etc . . . You realized that Courage was basically craptastic, and you flipped through the channels waiting for better cartoons to come on.

I'm not saying this to be a dick or whatever, I'm just saying, if you remember these shows fondly, go ahead and watch an episode now, maybe it'll help you GROW UP.
>>
>>78980303
Fuck you, I loved all of those, you shitnugget. Granted, TMNT and G1 weren't airing at the time but I would pretty much regularly rent fucking videotapes they had of those at the metropolitan library that we lived near. After a while of there being only like ten of each I stopped though.
>>
>>78980303
>. . .
You can fuck off back to Tumblr.
>>
>>78980144
>Adults with the mental capacities of teenagers wrote these posts. Amazing. That's the future.

Ftfy
>>
>>78980303

/agreed

maybe the writing was as amazing as /co/ seems to say, I don't know, but I could never get into the show it was too rough and formulaic to me, at least as someone that only surfed past it, and I also grew up on TMNT and GI Joe.
>>
Guys, it got canceled because it hit 52 episodes. Cartoons pretty much always get canceled after either 52 or 65 episodes.
>>
>>78979923
This

Give it a year and faggots here will be saying it was cancelled because da jooz didn't want a heterosexual white couple on kid's cartoons
>>
>>78980077
>HYPERCRISIS
>>
>>78980059
What did the one guy do that was so bad he took down an entire show?
>>
>>78979833
>For fucks sakes, I've never been so ant-biggot in my life until right now.
>The cancellation of a children's television show is what pushed me over the edge!
>>
>>78980817
You'd be hardpressed to find anyone on Tumblr over the age of 22 that isn't basically paid to be there by using it for free advertising for their DJ/model/artist/writing career.
>>
>>78980303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU
>>
It sounds true. It probably is. Those people did the same thing to Avatar: Legend of Korra.
>>
>>78982002
Nah, man. Just nah. [citation needed]. Blah blah blah.
>>
>>78979833
It wouldn't be the first time Christians got a show pulled. It's more common than most people think.
http://onemillionmoms.com/successes
>>
>>78982002
That's weird, I heard the lesbianism just appeared in the final episode.
>>
>>78982282
>onemillionmoms
I remember hearing about this shit a few years ago from some youtube cartoon reviewer who used shit microsoft paint OC's whose name I forgot.
Anyway, that kind of shit made me super angry at the time but now I look at it and the worst they've done for cartoons is get a sponsor to pull out of Black Jesus? I feel stupid.
>>
>>78982002
>Christfags got LoK cancelled
Lol what? Didn't they end the series with the lesbians? Like, intentionally ended it that way?
>>
>>78982283
Right. Last airbender ended up with a bunch of forced straight ships, and everybody loved that series. But Korra had the lesbian relationship and christfags are still pissed over it.
>>
>>78982282
I don't recognize any of those shows besides Black Jesus.
>They pulled a single sponsor
Okay?
>>
>>78982450
I haven't watched either, but that probably explains why I haven't heard anything about the end of Last Airbender.
>>
>>78982450
>But Korra had the lesbian relationship and christfags are still pissed over it.
But they didn't get the show canceled, right? So what difference does it make if they got butthurt? Why should I care?

>Forced straight ships
How in any way were these forced? Gays are like 2% of the general population, if anything gay relationships are forced.
>>
>>78980303
>Rtemember the 80s?
When your kids are old enough to start shitposting, it's time to stop shitposting.
>>
>>78979833
Literally bullshit made up by tumblr.
>>
>>78979833

It's not the whole truth, but there is a grain of truth in there. Back in 2010 Dilworth did an extended interview with Animation Magazine. It was actually pretty long, like a couple pages. You should dig it up if you can.

Anyways, after the usual interview preamble bullshit they start talking about Courage and Dilworth basically says that the reason Courage didn't get renewed for a fifth season was because of negative backlash the studio get from the public for episodes he wrote, specifically citing 'The Mask' and 'The Tower of Dr. Zalost'. Some younger executives were apparently willing to go to bat for him but the older network execs were afraid of drawing to much negative attention. In the end a fifth season of Courage never even got on the corporate agenda.

He never mentions a specific group though. And it's not like there would have been a Christian Moms against Courage in the early 2000s. So no, christfags did not pull courage off the air, but The Mask is definitely, in John DIlworth's eyes, one of the reasons Courage didn't continue.
>>
>>78983081

Never heard this story Anon, thanks.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (35 KB, 341x321) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
35 KB, 341x321
>>78980303
>If you liked a cartoon show instead of these animated toy commercials, you had no taste
>I should know as I have all the action figures.
>>
>>78980303
Hoo boy! that's a lot of bait!
>>
>>78982450
> atla ended with forced straight relationships
>>
File: bait.png (58 KB, 932x1176) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
58 KB, 932x1176
>>78983217
Thanks for pointing that out. Your contribution will be appreciated for the rest of our days.
>>
>>78982002
I though the lok got cancelled because it sucked.
>>
File: 1441203836264.jpg (48 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
1441203836264.jpg
48 KB, 615x347
>>78982450
> forced straight ships
> impling korrasami wasn't forced
>>
>>78979833
I fucking love that episode
>>
>>78983291
Calling out bait helps newfags.
>>
>>78980202
>don't believe anything you read on tumblr
>but 4chan is accurate
>>
>>78982450
Korra had a lesbian ship that came out of nowhere with no build up or character development to facilitate it, compared to that all of the relationships in ATLA were stellar. At least they took the time to build and develop Aang and Katara.
>>
>>78983398
More accurate than tumblr, at least around here people post sources.
>>
>>78983416
>Korra had a lesbian ship that came out of nowhere with no build up

lol stop bullshitting.

It had some build, nobody believed it was romantic because they were certain it wouldn't fly.
>>
File: 1445321445109.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445321445109.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>78980303
I know this is bait but it still triggered me.
>>
>>78983325
Hey, come on now, only most of it sucked. There were some cool things about it.
>>
Christfags get up to plenty of stupid shit as it is, do we really need to be making things up things to be mad at out of thin air?
>>
>>78983603
Gotta be mad at someone about something, better making shit up than waiting for something to happen.
>>
>>78982392
If you read through they got several shows canceled.
>>
>>78983768
There's 12 examples on that page.
Five of them are explicitly about shows being cancelled, all of them live action.
>>
>>78982282
>Trying to kill off Angel From Hell
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>78980303
>If you were an older kid who grew up on TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe, etc . . . You realized that Courage was basically craptastic, and you flipped through the channels waiting for better cartoons to come on.
As someone who did grow up watching TMNT, Tranformers, GI Joe, and the lot of 80s cartoons, you're completely full of shit.

>I'm not saying this to be a dick or whatever, I'm just saying, if you remember these shows fondly, go ahead and watch an episode now, maybe it'll help you GROW UP.
I have. And by and large I understand now why I liked those shows instead of just going 'Wow this is poorly animated shit."
>>
>>78980968
>HYPERCHRISTOS

You had one job...
>>
>>78981424
He made animators aware of the existence of furries and stalked a voice actress so badly she had to get a restraining order.
>>
>>78982283
Didn't even appear then. It was just hand holding to avoid being controversial, you just know that if there had been an outcry Nick would have turned around and claimed we were reading too much into it
>>
>>78983380
More like it encourages them to not shut up about it.
>>
>>78983081
What the hell was controversial about 'The Tower of Dr. Zalost'?
>>
File: 1447885605569.gif (589 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1447885605569.gif
589 KB, 512x512
>>78979833
>actually believing tumblr shits.
>>
>>78983475
>being this delusional
>>
>believing tumblr

Also, Courage died because the execs thought the show wouldn't be able to sell merchandise.
>>
>>78983291
That's better. You can't throw all your bait out at once, gotta spread it around.
>>
Man, that episode sucked shit.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.