[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the year he dies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 460x978) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 460x978
Is this the year he dies?
>>
>Stan lee dies
>Last cameo appearance batman v superman

>Makes 2billion
>>
>>78972610

Hell be fine.
>>
>>78972610
Good thing Kirby and Ditko's art practically tells the entire story of comics Lee "wrote" anyway.
>>
>>78972610
He's 93 years old with a belly full of cancer, hopefully he dies so he can know peace. There's no way life isn't a misery for him at this point, fame and fortune be damned.
>>
File: isawukny.jpg (149 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
isawukny.jpg
149 KB, 700x526
>>78972747
Fuck off
>>
>>78972880

Yeah, in all seriousness it's probably his time now. Dude's had a very long and fulfilling life, and I wish him the best despite all controversies surrounding his role in the business of Marvel. He still deserves a peaceful end.
>>
>>78972761
If it weren't for Lee, Peter Parker would be Mr. A. Lee was not a great writer but he was a smart editor and a fantastic PR man. There are far far worse people in the history of comics.
>>
>>78972880
Wait does he really have cancer?
>>
>>78972610
>Implying he will ever die

He absorbed Bowie's lifeforce. He's draining Miller, as well.

At this point, there is only one man with any hope of stopping him. He who is so invincible, no amount of poor health choices or drugs can make a dent in him. The Prince of Darkness. The Iron Man.
>>
>>78972610
Stan's already claimed Bowie this year
that's at least another 50 years for him
>>
>>78973035
>this year
It's only been 2 weeks, he's growing too powerful.
>>
File: 9aY6jBmJ.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9aY6jBmJ.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>78973005
>>78973035
But can the Lich be usurped?
If so, then who?
>>
>>78972942
>If it weren't for Lee, Peter Parker would be Mr. A

Let's not forget Kirby played a part in developing Spider-Man and he's a pretty good writer. It wouldn't be the the Peter Parker we know, but it would be a great comic.

>There are far far worse people in the history of comics

That doesn't excuse Lee of all his wrongdoing.
>>
File: Yes.gif (2 MB, 245x340) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
2 MB, 245x340
>>78972686
>>
STAN LEE VS MEME MAGIC

Salutations dear posters! Tonight's terrific topic tells a tale of the time left for Stan the Man Lee! Sustaining himself for centuries on the life-force like-minded men and women, the lich of literature may have met his match!

From recesses unknown to mortal men, Meme Magic has awoken with the new year of 2016. Claiming the souls of Lemmy and David Bowie, two of earth's mightiest performers, its strength continues to grow as more and more lackeys chant its insidious incantation, "He'll be fine."

Now it seeks to topple the king himself! Has Stan met his match? Will the Spectacular co-creator of the web-slinger fall prey to a new age of digital damnation? Or will he truly come out of this "fine"?

Find out in 2016
>>
>>78973074
Celebs always die in the new year, its the grim reaper getting the people he forgot during the previous year.

But Bowie's lifeforce should sustain Lee for a few more years.

Even if he dies, Lee will simply retire to his pocket dimension and use possessed hosts for his cameos.
>>
>>78973089
Kirk Douglas.
>>
>>78973110
>all of his wrongdoing
Such as? Not giving enough credit? You know that Lee was one of the people who pushed for people to be given proper credit, right? That it was the cornerstone of his marketing to have identifiable names with big personalities not just in the books but writing and drawing them as well?

Or are you going to pretend he somehow cheated Ditko and Kirby out of the rights to their creations when he has no more ownership over them than they did. Lee deserves plenty of credit for the success of Marvel and the fact that Ditko has never managed to do anything worthwhile since those days, despite having a tremendous amount of talent, is a testament to that fact. Also Kirby was most of the time just as bad a writer as Lee.
>>
>>78973199
Really lame filename threads.
>>
>>78973199
For the books it loves to die young while the books it hates live on forever.
>>
>>78973237
>Such as? Not giving enough credit?

More like taking too much credit.

>it was the cornerstone of his marketing to have identifiable names with big personalities not just in the books but writing and drawing them as well

And Lee's name had to be the biggest even when he had nothing to do with the comic in question.

>Lee deserves plenty of credit for the success of Marvel

I'm not questioning that.

>the fact that Ditko has never managed to do anything worthwhile since those days, despite having a tremendous amount of talent, is a testament to that fact

Just because they aren't popular comics, doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile. And Lee has hardly done anything of note with Kirby and Ditko.

>Kirby was most of the time just as bad a writer as Lee

Seeing as Kirby was pretty much writing the Marvel comics, it comes down to comparing dialogue. And i think Kirby's dialogue isn't as grating as Lee's "describe what's going on in the panel via caption and dialogue bubble" style, try reading his 4th World stuff or The Demon. It holds up to this day.
>>
The original Lemmy post was "Hell be fine" and the poster got 666 trips.
>>
File: 8C8Rfdh.jpg (938 KB, 2120x2159) Image search: [Google]
8C8Rfdh.jpg
938 KB, 2120x2159
>>78973332
So it's like /v/'s Monkey's Paw without the card?
>>
>>78973199
Don't forget /mu/ killed Lemmy.
>>
Well with Bowie dead now I can't imagine that there's much hope for him.
>>
>>78973199
>/tv/ can cause accidents and disasters
/tv/ has grown too strong. They wanted to make TR-8R into meme status because they thought it would cause Disney to have him return in the next movie. Now he has a legitimate backstory, and is on the star wars wiki. /tv/ went around calling Rey a mary sue, and all the sites that pushed her as the greatest thing ever are super butthurt because it actually caught on. /tv/ wanted Star Wars opinion to go from "it was great!" to "wow, literally a remake, so boring" and now that's what's happening. It's going to be TDK all over again, but faster.
>>
>>78973470
It's already in, /mu/ discovered the touch of death
>>
>>78973487
>Backstory
Wait what
>During the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, Kylo Ren of the Knights of Ren sought part of a map that led to Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, who had vanished years earlier. The map was held by the astromech droid BB-8, who the First Order tracked to the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana. Nines was one of many First Order soldiers who were deployed to follow Ren to Takodana and assault the castle. During the ensuing battle, Nines encountered FN-2187—then known as "Finn"—who had defected from the First Order and was helping to bring BB-8 to the Resistance. Nines fought against Finn, who wielded a Jedi lightsaber,[2] by utilizing a Z6 riot control baton.[3] Nines gained the upper hand against Finn in single combat and nearly struck a blow against the defector, but was shot by Han Solo, who used Chewbacca's bowcaster, thus ending the fight and wounding FN-2199.[2]
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FN-2199
When did this happen?
>>
>>78972610
I-I don't want him to die :'(
Call me a casual, but I want him to see Slott and Bendis ruin what he helped create. I want him to see Avengers Infinity War so he can see what a train wreck it will be. I don't wish death on a old man!
>>
>>78973560
He can see it, but he can't read it
>>
>>78973516
Is there a franchise with more inane details than Star Wars?
>>
>>78973516
> wounding FN-2199
> wounding

Ahh shit, he'll be back in episode VIII
>>
>>78973516
>>78973600
I think around last week. His pages were posted on /tv/.
>>
>>78973482
>Bowie's life forces are fighting Lee on the inside.
> They've successfully succeeded in taking away his eyesight and will deteriorate him stealthily.
>>
>>78973446
Only the tree-house letter was received.
This probably never made it to Iwata,

>my signature is there
>>
>>78973409
>And Lee's name had to be the biggest even when he had nothing to do with the comic in question
At least the people who worked on the comic actually got to put their name on it which was not commonplace before Lee decided that it was a good idea to push a cult of personality. Remember how Bob Kane continued to claim that he personally made every single Batman comic well into the 80's when he did maybe like 8 issues ever? Remember how Al Williamson's final work was on a comic run that isn't even collected in TPB's and he's now almost completely forgotten? Lee is partially to thank for comics finally moving past the abusive work for hire mindset comics have always been rife with.

>Just because they aren't popular comics, doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile
That's true, they aren't worthwhile because they're Rand worshiping garbage with no hints of compassion or humanity. Technically skilled but complete trash, if only he had a talented writer or editor to collaborate with or had an ounce of doubt about his idiotic objectivism.

>And Lee has hardly done anything of note with Kirby and Ditko
There was that Moebius collab but its true, he was as dependent on them as Ditko was on him. I'd never call him a great writer but on the whole, his influence on this godawful dead industry was a positive one.
>>
>>78973487
I guess /tv/'s power has expanded from beyond plane crashes and speeding tickets
>>
>>78973682
>Lee is partially to thank for comics finally moving past the abusive work for hire mindset comics have always been rife with

Yet Lee, to this day, still downplays Kirby and Ditko's contributions and paints himself and the solo creative force when it came to making and writing these characters.

>That's true, they aren't worthwhile because they're Rand worshiping garbage with no hints of compassion or humanity. Technically skilled but complete trash, if only he had a talented writer or editor to collaborate with or had an ounce of doubt about his idiotic objectivism

Oh come on, they're not that bad.

>I'd never call him a great writer but on the whole, his influence on this godawful dead industry was a positive one

I still think on a human level, he was an incredibly lucky guy who piggy backed off the talents of people who were more creative than himself.

Lee doesn't correct people when they call him the sole creator of every character ever, when Jack Kirby tried to mention Joe Simon at every possible opportunity if someone said he created Captain America or romance comics. Lee is a good hypeman but a despicable yet charismatic person, it doesn't matter that he's no Bob Kane.
>>
>>78973516
There's a book out that gives backstory for Finn, Rey, and Po.
It mentions that Finn had some stromtrooper buddies in his squad, 1 of them was confirmed to be the guy that died at the start of the movie and smeared his blood on Finn's helmet.
Then people speculated that the TRAITOR guy was one of the other ones, because who else would recognize Finn right away like that. So starwars.com canonized that theory last week.
>>
File: 1451172435752.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1451172435752.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>78973645
>http://www.starwars.com/news/meet-fn-2199-a-k-a-tr-8r-the-stormtrooper-behind-the-meme

It's fucking true. Why does such a shit board have so much power. It's not fair. All we get is being shit on and called /co/mblr by everyone. Bendis pastas don't even work, his books keep selling.
>>
>>78973900
>Other boards can do dangerous shit and make events happen
>Even /v/ has it albeit at their expense
/co/ has shitty meme magic levels
>>
>>78973852
>paints himself and the solo creative force when it came to making and writing these characters.
That's blatantly false. In the Stan's Soapbox column that he used to write he would very frequently credit Kirby and Ditko for their part in creating the F4 and Spider-Man
>>
>>78973852
>it doesn't matter that he's no Bob Kane.
It does when the industry was founded on the likes of Bob Kane, where everyone was trying to fuck over everyone else as hard as possible, where the greater potential of the entire medium was destroyed, solely to kill off a competitor that was beating the rest of the publishers because it didn't treat its talent like dirt. In that kind of twisted environment, Stan Lee is a paragon of morality, it doesn't matter that he loves to bask in all the credit people will give him, when it comes down to it, he could have fucked over Ditko and Kirby like everyone else in the industry would have, and he chose not to. He also has written an open letter saying he considers Ditko to be the co-creator of spider-man because he's trying to make peace with Ditko and he knows how much it means to Ditko. Ditko of course just said that he didn't word it flatteringly enough because he is ever bit as much of an asshole as you say Lee is.

>Oh come on, they're not that bad.
I find objectivist writings to be unbearable its the "special snowflake" of philosophies. Ditko's later comics are shit.

He may not be the nicest person ever and he loves to get attention but compared to what came before him, he's a saint.
>>
At least /co/ helped pave the way for meme magic with all our incessant Hypercrisis-ing.
>>
>>78973900
>He doesn't meme on /tv/
that's what you get for maining /co/mblr
>>
>>78972610
Old Stan will be fine.
He's gonna make it to 100.
>>
>>78972610
>Via 9gag.com
>Memeful.com
>That one guy in the fedora in panel 3

Epic.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>78972610
>Stan dies a few days into the BvS release

How fucked is DC?
>>
He hears us and he did it again boys.
>>78977492
>>
>>78972610
You die
>>
>Stan Lee just ate Alan Rickman

IS THERE ANY STOPPING THE MADMAN
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.