[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she talking about you guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7
Is she talking about you guys?
>>
>>78957020
Wolverine is a Goddamn fucking mutant, people on the Internet in the Marvel universe wouldn't approve of him anyway.

God fucking damnit, Marvel.
>>
>>78957064
He was also an Avenger, which overwrites that.
>>
Don't most people approve of her as the new Wolverine anyway? I mean if anyone were to take the mantle it should probably be her.
>>
>>78957020
No? I don't think so? I mean, I haven't seen any Laura hate threads like there are/were with Whor.

I mean, I'm pretty sure most people like Laura a little more than Logan at this point.

I think this is a bit of bait by marvel to try and get controversy going on the book?
>>
Aren't they only on, like, two issues? How can they already have a gauge on the audience response in two issues?
>>
>>78957119
> lol comic books fans hate all women

Marvel humor
>>
>>78957020

Its a little meta nod.

A nod to a imagined foe, IMO. I honestly do not recall anyone on /co/ getting bent out of shape over Wolverine's clone/daughter taking his place while he is dead. Where exactly was all the outrage again?

What I *have* seen is that people don't care for the writing of Laura's book, which is gender-agnostic. So I gather any legitimate critique of the book is being taken as misogyny.
>>
Its just Marvel assuming white men on the internet hate women.

I have seen only good comments about Laura, she's a lot of peoples waifu and were wanting a solo book for a while.
>>
>>78957159
they don't, it's a pathetic grab for attention
>>
>>78957115
Cool, The Avengers should just make all mutants Avengers and that would solve this whole mutant crisis then.
>>
>>78957020
no, we hate whorr
she is probably talking about tumblr
>>
Nah, X-23 is pretty cool so as Wolverine is cool.
>>
It should be illegal for comic writers to directly reference fan reaction to a character within the comic.
>>
>>78957020
Yeah
but we're right
why the hell would she be wolverine and not the (arguably little) character she's built up till now?
Fucking stupid.
Also she looks dumb as fuck in the costume.
>>
>>78957099
Wolverine never, ever worked well as an avenger
including him in every fucking team is a hamfisted move to sell more and it just didn't really work.
>>
>>78957193
Well they got it here
>>
>>78957317
x-23 was her slave name
>>
>>78957020
laura taking over from logan who died was a good move.

giving jane foster suddenly the hammer and powers of thor (while she has always denied thor using asgard tech or magic to cure her cancer) while thor is still around was a bad hamfisted move
>>
>>78957177
Thus is what I hate about modern comics. Instead of trying to actually make the characters and stories decent they just throw backhanded remarks about imagines enemies and strut around like they proved their point.
>>
>>78957020
Hell no. Co was happy as hell with her.
>>
>>78957373
So?
The character of wolverine was so much about logan , it's the last character i would consider for making some eternal champion who passes the cowl to a younger one
To me making her wolverine actually takes away from the uniqueness she has gotten til now and now it really feels like a wolverine clone ALA capcom game
>>
>>78957438
Most of /co/ was happy with her but there were a few people who had alot of problems with this.
>>
>>78957495
well she is his clone
>>
>>78957020
God, that's so trite.
Why the fuck would Laura care about, or even know about, jerks whining on the internet? I swear this character hasn't been written right for the best part of a decade.
>>
>>78957119

Some of us find the run a bit boring but most seen to agree Laura deserves the mantle.
>>
>>78957177

But these metanods are getting obnoxious. As much as I hate it I like that Instagram Batgirl was being appreciated by nearly everyone and was posting pictures with male and female fans. It felt a lot more true to how things are in universe.
>>
why the fuck is marvel so obsessed with seeming clever?
>>
>>78957625
They want the liberal smug/smartass humor in some modern comedy and talk shows
they can't pull it off tho
>>
>>78957020
It's Marvel trying to pretend like anyone cares. Rage sells after all. When the themarysue writes an article, you'll know it worked.
>>
>>78957177
>Where exactly was all the outrage again

Quite frankly there should have been some considering in the past Laura repeatedly said she did not want to be Logan
>>
>>78957625
When you can't actually be clever, the appearance will suffice
>>
>>78957733
Rage doesn't sell. He is a kid forever.
>>
>>78957735

Eh and Dick had said he didn't want to be Batman its a thing you gloss over with you writing. I have more an issue with the fucking non stop meta nods and forum mentions and all that shit. It's not as bad as that one Transformers issue where they read the comic but its getting to be obnoxious.
>>
>>78957572
Pretty much this, but after today's issue the run is picking up a bit more; hopefully next issue will break it out of it's slump.
Hey at least it's not like SpiderGwen!
>>
>>78957735
Chalk it up to him dying.
I actually hope Charles and Logan stay dead, but I do want to see Rightclops again.
>>
The costume looks terrible on her, it's like when they gave Mayday Peter's suit.
>>
>>78957889

If Logan returns can we sue for false advertising?
>>
>>78957823
>Dick had said he didn't want to be Batman

But in Dick's case, he took up the cowl because someone absolutely had to, the city was falling apart and he couldn't leave it to Jason or Tim. It was his responsibility.

No one really needs another Wolverine.
>>
>>78957020
No one hated her as Wolverine, more so the book in general is a complete waste of potential.
>>
>>78957933

Exactly it was worked with and smoothed over in the writing. It didn't really happen with Laura yet but it could.
>>
File: Casual Laura.jpg (68 KB, 474x720) Image search: [Google]
Casual Laura.jpg
68 KB, 474x720
>>78957020

I just think it's nonsense that she's spent so many years defining herself as her own individual instead of just She-Wolverine, only to literally become She-Wolverine.

Also, comic book writers taking snide jabs at internet trolls is truly the pettiest thing they can do. Not only does it make everyone roll their eyes, it gives the people they're actually talking about the attention they crave. They LOVE it when idiots are dumb enough to reveal that the trolling has gotten under their skin. They put panels like this up on their fucking wall as a testament to the fact that the people they've been trolling not only blinked first, but did so publicly for all to see.
>>
>>78957020
Don't people in-universe despise Wolverine for being a filthy mutie? Why would they care if a woman takes his name? They'd hate her just for being a mutant, not for being the new Wolverine.
>>
>Hey, i'm talking with you guys, stop criticizing my work! This will make a fool of all of you!

For fuck's sake, writers are a bunch of sissies these days, I want this hugbox mentality to end.
Also, in Aaron's run Wolverine was barely known by the world, i'm not against Laura, i don't honestly give a fuck about the whole thing, but this is stupid, a lot.
>>
>>78958041

Marvel citizens are whatever writers need them to be to inject their political views into their comic in the most hamfisted manner imaginable.
>>
I don't care about her codename, I care about her completely different personality. This isn't the character I was a fan of.
>>
The only Laura I need these days is the one from that /tg/ quest.
>>
>>78958041
Probably less hate because she's an attractive female. In universe there'll already be fans/stalkers etc.
>>
I'm glad ANAD is bombing. Couldn't have happened to a nicer company.
>>
Since when did "wolverine" become a mantle to be passed down?

Marketing geniuses at MCU decided that making up new hero names is pointless when we can use the old ones with new people. Now we have more Spiderpeople, The Hulks, 3 different Captain America's, multiple Thors, new Wolverines.

I thought it was just Hollywood that was running out of ideas.
>>
>>78957345
That's irrelevant inside the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>78958338
Wolverine was always a given name and Laura believes that his name is worth taking it up because the instant anyone hears Wolverine is active they think 'Oh fuck I'm getting gored'.

I wonder when Laura is going to have to deal with all the people going after her if she has taken up that name, ignoring that idiot internet jab not everyone is going to know that the new Wolverine is Laura.
>>
>>78957177
I haven't heard a single complaint about that, just complaints about her character staying the same after Bendis put his dick in her.

My personal complaint is that her costume's doesn't work with the traditional Wolverine mask.
>>
>>78957020
They imagine they're talking about us.
But really, X-23 taking over the Wolverine mantle actually makes a lot of sense.

What I cannot stand however, is the blatant assassination of her character such that she's become another boring, characterless "strong quipping woman" role-model.
>>
>>78959028

It seems like that's happening to a lot of female characters lately.
>>
>>78959962
This is why evil is great. You can just be yourself.
>>
616 /co/ are ten times the assholes /co/ prime is.

DC's /co/ however is fucking awesome.
>>
>>78957020
I was more mad that X-23 just went through the wringer and wound up Wolverine despite being her own character for a while. Then I stopped caring. Do whatever Marvel.
>>
>>78959962
Someone would shoot me for saying this but I kind of find it pretty offensive when they do that to female characters (or even minorities while we're on the subject), when they seem to lose personality and just become a gimmick. I know controversy sells but people don't understand that stuff should be flavor text at best.
>>
>>78958171
what
>>
File: a20160117.jpg (194 KB, 845x1000) Image search: [Google]
a20160117.jpg
194 KB, 845x1000
>>78957020
>Laura
>Caring about what internet people think of her
Jane Foster femThor seepage coming through...
>>
lol Marvel is so shit.
>>
>but I'm not replacing him
>I'm just wearing his suit and going by his name
>>
>>78957020
>BOO HOO PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE MEAN TO ME ;_:

Kill yourself Hopeless. Find another career you thin-skinned pansy.
>>
>>78961073
>Hopeless
This is /co/'s favorite Taylor.
>>
>>78961095
Why do I keep thinking Hopeless is writing this book? This is like the second or third time I've done that. Maybe my brain just defaults to Hopeless when I see whiny, hacky meta-commentary.
>>
>>78960733

She's where a lot of issues started. We never really used to have these issues before her huh?
>>
>>78957020
If she was Kitty Pryde that would make sense. I don't think many people really hate X-23 though.
>>
>>78961368
I do. I think she's a pretty garbage character and is the Miles Morales of her generation.
>>
The only thing I'm sad about is that it wasn't Finesse under Taskmaster's mask last issue and they didn't team up.

I would also say that while I don't dislike Laura I did like Nix a lot better and wish she had got the traction Laura has.
>>
>>78962335
Does Finesse even still exist
>>
>>78957020

Marvel universe citizens don't even like mutants for some unexplainable reason considering they like most superheroes.

Why would they care if a mutant's name got inherited?
>>
>>78962519
She was checking Mutchan's /bub/- Wolverine board for reception.
>>
>>78962394
Nah,probably retconned out. Stinks,she could have been interesting.
>>
>>78962394
She was in that comic where some characters had to come to terms with being Inhumans. Came out a bit after Avengers Arena and had evasive dialogue at the beginning over it.
>>
I don't like her, nor do I like her taking up his mantle. That's because I hate her being put into shit I like and find any mutant taking another character's name to be dumb.
>>
>>78957115
It should be her in that shes the only direct derivative character based on him that isn't evil. Overall their interactions have been minimal and they've mostly avoided each other for their existence. Honestly its kind of OC for her to suddenly feel this great need to be Wolverine.
>>
File: 1398722301622.jpg (360 KB, 697x950) Image search: [Google]
1398722301622.jpg
360 KB, 697x950
>>78957020

Who's writing this shit? This doesn't sound like Laura at all.
>>
>>78957020
Only normies get butthurt about their favorite character changing sex
>>
>>78957020
its a stab at people like /co/ who hate whor but it feels so forced when no one is complaining
>>
>>78958036
I really miss Noto
>>
File: wut.png (222 KB, 632x554) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
222 KB, 632x554
Legit criticism/question: why can't a tough girl character be tough and kind without resorting to sarcasm. I guess Laura has a good reason, since she's nearly invincible, but it's honestly a tired trope. Are there any female characters, /co/, /tv/, or /lit/, that doesn't follow this pattern?
>>
I've never seen anyone complain about Girlverine.
>>
>>78965440

Cass Cain and its bit /co/ but half of teen wolfs female cast. Malia tends to just be blunt and straight forward. Waifu tier girl.
>>
>>78965440
Mimi?
>>
>>78964815
No characters changed their sex here though.
>>
>>78965440
>nearly invincible
does she have full adamantium skelly now?
>>
>>78965910
I was under the impression she's still 90% bone.
>>
>>78965910
No, but remember that she's stronger for it. no adamantim poisoning means stronger healing factor
>>
>>78957020
She could start by changing her clothes, wolverine's outfit just looks so shitty on her. Hell it looked shitty on him, too.
>>
File: 155.jpg (279 KB, 819x1258) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
279 KB, 819x1258
>>78965440
/a/ has that, although you didn't mention them because that would be easy mode.
>>
File: 1341170195713.png (75 KB, 201x197) Image search: [Google]
1341170195713.png
75 KB, 201x197
>>78957020
Marvel isn't even trying to hide the tumbler cock up its ass anymore is it? Who the hell would even know who she is? Why would the marvel public even like wolverine?
>>
>>78966017
She will be when I get my hands on her
>>
>>78957020
Kinda.

We mostly don't care that she's Wolverine. We care that the costume is terrible and that she's not only become a completely different character, but also she's become a BORING character. Marvel didn't have to turn her into a generic flawless action girl to please tumblr, because regular fans and normies liked her as she was and would be okay with the shift to Wolverine, but they did anyway, so now the book is essentially about some random character nobody likes masquerading in the skin of one people do like.

The writer is probably refusing to listen to criticism and deflecting it by claiming that mean ole men on the internet are being stick-in-the-mud sexists. In reality, out gripes are that the character has been gutted and the book is really fucking boring. It's a shame, because basically anyone who reads X-Men knows that, whether you like her or not, X-23 is one of the few new characters with really consistent characterization and a clear arc. Seeing all that vanish for no reason is somewhat annoying.
>>
Hey guys.

Be honest.

How many of you were in today's HMQ?
>>
>>78967680
What even is that?
>>
Why does Laura talk like a norml person now?

I don't even mind the idea of X-23 as the new Wolverine, but she just talks like your average medium-snark hardass now.
>>
>>78957020
TAKE THAT GOOBERGATERS
>>
>>78967985
Because that's the only way the modern comic book writer knows how to write
>>
>>78967765
> what even is that
In English please
>>
>>78967985

Because its a shitty writer who probably didn't even read Yost/Kyle's run
>>
>>78957020
Why won't Stephen pat her on the head? Come on Stephen, she's gagging for cutey petting?

Why would Laura care about internet shitposters?
>>
>>78967985
This. I actually like her taking up the mantle since it's not like she's ever going to go by Talon again, but fuck...she sounds like Barbara Gordon and Jessica Drew and Gwen Stacy and every other generic "aren't I such a quirky failure" female character. Shit's dumb.
>>
>>78961141
The book is so mediocre it may as well be Hopeless'
>>
>>78970354
She hasn't shown failure yet.
>>
>>78958036
This.

Making her Wolverine was demeaning to her character. It's a pay cut regardless of the fact it got her a new book. It just puts her back further.
>>
>>78957115
When it was first announced, there was a bit of a shitstorm.

But that was like, months before this.
>>
>>78962519
Because they feel that Laura should be her own filthy mutie and not live her life in the shadow of another one.
>>
>>78957020

Hey, I approve of Sniktkitty graduating. Everyone else can eat a bag of fuck.
>>
>>78972707
>graduating
She didn't graduate, she got held back with honors.
>>
I'm all for Laura becoming Wolverine, but it's quite a shame some doppelganger took the mantle instead.
>>
>>78957115
Honestly didn't have a problem with X-23 replacing Wolverine. She actually made senses in comparison to that walking corpse Jane Foster.
>>
>>78957020
Why are her eyes so far apart?
>>
>>78957549
But the point is she should stand out and be her own person, not a subpar substitute for Wolverine. It would prove that she's far more than just Logan, but I guess Marvel doesn't see it that way.
>>
>>78972358
Her book is a failure.
>>
>>78968841
It baffles me that the artist seems to be a real fan of hers and knows how to fill an entire page like this:
>>78948552
But Taylor himself clearly hasn't read any of that stuff.
>>
>>78972358
Generic quirky badass then. it's all the same shit.
I'm counting down the seconds until she snikts out a phone and starts taking selfies.
>>
>>78962748
Which boards x-23 likes to shitpost??
>>
>>78980393
/fa/ obviously, she posts gothy pics with "hey /fa/ want nudes?" and the never replies.

Probably votes for dumb options on /tg/ quests too.
>>
>>78980393
>>78980467
I see her shitposting with the Mettle meme
>>
>>78957020
Yes
>>
That seems really out of character for Laura.

I don't she would even bother with the Internet, and even if she did, I doubt any of this would bother her enough to even warrant a throw away line.
>>
>>78981210
She forgot to reset her personality button
>>
>>78957020
I didn't see any controversy about her being wolverine.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.