[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Good Dinosaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg (262 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg
262 KB, 817x1200
Just saw this the other day.
God damn, this is the most beige, soulless movie I've seen since Planet 51. Just a cut and paste of scenes from pretty much any other kids movie with no personality of it's own, plodding through the obligatory beats because Save The Cat told it to.
And the whole premise of 'old west dinosaurs and dog humans' was just fucking batshit, but not in any way that actually added interest.

I knew back when the character designs were released that it would just be another Cars for the really little kids, but still kinda disappointing. Just bums me out how it shows more realistic dinosaur designs in the opening only to switch to the cartoon style, it's such a tease. What kid doesn't fucking love dinosaurs?
And the cartoon character designs over the photorealistic backgrounds was pretty distracting.

Anyway, /co/'s thoughts?
>>
>>78949398
It's the Funny sidekick that isn't a dog but acts like one !!!!!!! XDD
>>
>>78949398
I don't understand how you can criticize it for being soulless and unoriginal when it includes stuff like old west dinosaurs, dog humans, and pterodactyl cultists
Really, the only goofy looking dinosaur is Arlo, every other dinosaur looks more or less realistic (considering the art style). And for most of the dinosaurs, the only thing that was overly cartoony was their eyes
The Good Dinosaur was a good movie, Cars was a decent movie, and people have been reporting that kids thought that some scenes in the movie were scary

>photorealistic backgrounds was pretty distracting
If it was distracting, then it was because they wanted to take in the entire scene
>>
>>78949398
What really gets to me, what really, REALLY chaps my ass, is there's a good premise in there about fear.

Arlo is controlled by his fear. His father and the T-Rex Ranchers respect fear, but don't let it stop them from what they need to do. Thunderclap denies his fear, lets it poison him until it finally consumes him.

It could've been great, but Pixar needed to shove it out the door.
>>
>>78949547

Even then, Finding Nemo already did it. With the exact same 'go get x' adventure structure.

And then The Croods did the same thing again in a prehistoric theme.
>>
>And the cartoon character designs over the photorealistic backgrounds was pretty distracting.

That's great.
It's the only reason this movie is on my radar. Do you feel like this broke records with it's photorealism?
>>
>>78949789
>Do you feel like this broke records with it's photorealism?
I don't know how you would measure photorealism but it was definitely the best I've seen

I enjoyed The Good Dinosaur. Its not the best movie ever made but it was much better then I expected
>>
For real though, what the fuck kind of name is "The Good Dinosaur"?
>>
I felt like this movie was maximum comfy. I could have this on in the background d or something. I know this isn't fair to compare but the first land before time is still the best Dino movie as a cartoon.
>>
>>78949398
I felt that this was Pixar's most painted by the numbers movie to date. Almost every plotpoint seemed obligatory rather than earned. The aesthetic was obviously a mistake, and the tonal shifts could be pretty jarring. And then you hear stories about how stupid corporate meddling pretty much destroyed any impact this film could have had.
>>
Would have been better if it was a human and a wolf cub
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.