[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this have any ties to the old Hellblazer series or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CONSTHLB-Cv8-cc1fe.jpg (439 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
CONSTHLB-Cv8-cc1fe.jpg
439 KB, 900x1384
Does this have any ties to the old Hellblazer series or is it a complete reboot?
>>
Offically Nu52!Constantine is canon, but its archs are not mencioned. Kinda like the new Midnighter series and Nu52!Stormwatch.
>>
>>78947200
This brings me back.
No Sci Fi
Pure Fantasy/Religious Undertones.
Kill Zombies/Demons with Holy Water/Silver Blessed Bullets
Magic Circles
Chinese Demons not being affected by holy water/western charms etc

God damn this comic was a wild ride
>>
>>78947200
It's a complete reboot and an easy clean start to jump onto.

It's also some of the best writing on Constantine in recent times. Basically second only to Charles Soule's use of him in Swamp Thing.

One of my favourite current ongoings.
>>
>>78947200
It has subtle ties and references but it doesn't build up on the old stuff and does it's own(it's silly to think it's not a reboot simply because the old ongoing had many many writers, each with their own tone and voice for John)
>>
>>78947200
this cover seems like john is some quirky meme spouting kid

how's he in the book?
>>
>>78947408
not like that.
>>
>>78947408
He's a bit too flirty and much more overtly bisexual but overall there's a good sense of the cunning manipulation you'd usually expect from him. The first arc is about him dealing with the disastrous consequences of luring people into his lifestyle in the past and you get the sense he's not a good person to be around.

The series also has some surprisingly good moments of humour.
>>
>>78947200
>Tynion IV

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>78947488
is he a nu-male?
>>
>>78947488
>Personal Life

James Tynion IV is openly bisexual.[8]
ahahahaha
>>
>>78947511
So that's why Snyder's been keeping him around
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.