[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Parks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: 600-spaceship-earth3.jpg (86 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
600-spaceship-earth3.jpg
86 KB, 600x450
I feel like we haven't had a Disney Park thread in ages.

What is your favorite park?
Favorite ride?
Castmember stories?
>>
>>78941608
>Favorite Park
When I was little, I think I would have said MGM. Now I guess I would default over to Disney Land or Magic Kingdom

>Favorite Ride

Space Mountain. Might be a bit of a generic answer, but its always been fun for me.
>>
I haven't been to Disney World since I was a kid, and I wanna take my best friend. What are some essential places to go, which restaurants are the best, etc?
>>
>>78941757
Japan in epcot.

Pooh's breakfast thing in Magic Kingdom
>>
>>78941608
>What is your favorite park?
MK.

DHS might surpass it eventually if its Star Wars Land ends up being even half as good as Diagon Alley

>Favorite ride?

Tower of Terror
>>
Worked there for most of last year as a CP. Great memories. Going to Epcot twice a week inspired my future plans to travel and see more of the world.
>>
>>78941608
Haven't been there since I was a kid, but I always thought Animal Kingdom was the shit. The Dinosaur part was the best!
>>
>>78941608
Does Disney realize that the new fastpass system is pretty much dooming every attraction to have endless lines?

>>78941757
>What are some essential places to go
All 4 parks are must go, unless you really really hate animals you can skip AK.

Make the most out of your day, get there before it opens and leave after the fireworks.

>which restaurants are the best, etc?
Other than Epcot, food isn't that great and is ridiculously overprized in the parks.

For Magic Kingdom try to reserve a table for the Be Our Guest restaurant, the experience is kind of a ride by itself and not really expensive.
>>
>>78942696
>Does Disney realize that the new fastpass system is pretty much dooming every attraction to have endless lines?
I think that whole thing was a plan to convince more people to stay at a Disney hotel. Though I have no idea how that's working out for them because I'd imagine the type of people who stay outside of Disney wouldn't know about this shit.
>>
>>78941608
I've only been to Disneyland. I'd love to go to World once I have the money, or even DLP for Phantom Manor and their Space Mountain. As far as my favorite ride goes, it would have to be the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Wish I could've gone to see Fantasmic one last time before the hiatus, but health issues prevented that little trip.
>>
Just quit after 4 years for a new job. Used to "play" at Disneyworld.

Ask whatever and I will answer.
>>
File: CYjXNt4UAAAM0Q9.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1163) Image search: [Google]
CYjXNt4UAAAM0Q9.jpg
203 KB, 1024x1163
Shanghai Disneyland's officially set to open June 16th.

Also, the site updated with a shitton of info on the various attractions, so check some of those pages out. Adventure Isle and Treasure Cove are sounding more and more like the best parts of this place.

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/attractions/
>>
>>78942696
What's the new fast pass system?
>>
>>78943370

I'm a Califag so I really have only been to Disneyland and California Adventure too. Have to say Indiana Jones Adventure's my favorite ride too, barely edging out California Screamin.

>Missing Fantasmic

Aww man, that sucks. I managed to see it two months ago; didn't feel like fighting a sea of people to see it on the last day Rivers of America would be open.

On some plus side it won't be closed forever, Fantasmic still pulls in huge crowds. I'm hoping with the construction they'll be doing that they can upgrade the show a little more. Better water nozzles added and maybe flair up the show's hidden assets on Tom Sawyer's island too.
>>
>>78943405
What was your job exactly?
Got any interesting stories?
What is something you know is bullshit and Disney Parks should improve upon?
>>
>>78941747
>>
>Avatar is getting a section in Animal Kingdom
>Still no dedicated Marvel Land anywhere
For what purpose?
>>
>>78949945
>Still no dedicated Marvel Land anywhere

The best Marvel Land we could ever get is already in Island of Adventures
>>
>>78950020
banksy pls
>>
>>78942696

They already know the fastpass system is shit and are working hard to make it even shittier. They ran a test earlier last year increasing the fastpass pools. FP lines could get up to 45 minutes. They used to promise a ten minute or less wait time, now it's a "minimum wait time". During the test the FP kiosk cast members were documenting the results and were justifiably concerned. Several months later those positions were phased out and attractions cast took over their responsibilities. On some days the standby lines are physically shorter simply because nine tenths of the guests give up and walk away.
>>
>>78949945
I hear there's active conflict between Marvel and Disney Parks and Resorts. Like they don't like most of their ideas. Plus you know, the contract issues with Universal preventing use in Florida

At least the Iron Man ride at Hong Kong's getting closer to completion.
>>
>>78941608
I remember seeing one of these the other day, but it got buried under everything else. Shame really, because I really like these threads when they pop up.

>Favorite Park: Probably Magic Kingdom.
>Favorite Ride: Most of the Mountain rides are pretty good in my book.
>Stories: None to my knowledge

>>78942696
Even if you hate animals, AK still has some rides worth checking out; just spend half a day there and the other half at Downtown Disney.
>>
>>78941608
>>>/trv/
>>
File: Gelatoni.jpg (81 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Gelatoni.jpg
81 KB, 320x480
Gelatoni is now a mascot character in TDS
>>
>>78942696

My brother has been highly critical of Disney's FP+ system. He says years ago a 20 minute wait was long while that's considered short today.

We were at Universal mid December and got on the Gringott's ride with a 30 minute wait. We didn't stand still for more than 15 seconds, and had that been at Disney that would have had a 90+ minute wait and we'd have stood around for entire stretches of time.

They've added stuff in some of the queues to do during the wait, but if they took out the fastpasses they probably wouldn't even need those things.

Plus I think Universal uses their parking space better, and they have double ply toilet paper instead of single ply.
>>
>>78950421
>We were at Universal mid December and got on the Gringott's ride with a 30 minute wait.

This show how much the fastpass system fucks over the standby lines. Both Harry Potter rides are by far the most popular in their parks but they almost never have waiting times longer than an hour and the lines are always moving.

In Disney they never let people from the standby line pass if there is even a single person in the fastpass line, I'm convinced that most waiting times in Disney would get cut in half if they just got rid of them.
>>
Going to Hollywood Studios on the 26th, Epcot on the 27th, Magic Kingdom on the 28th.

Then I'm going to Universal at the same time as Celebration of Harry Potter. Anticipating a crowd nightmare, but hell, it's what the family wants to do. Anybody else go to those/go this time of year before and know what crowds and stuff are like?
>>
>>78951322
I dunno dude, I had an almost 90-minute wait for Forbidden Journey once. Granted, it was in June a couple years ago...
>>
Been to Disneyland twice, WDW three times, Disneyland Paris once. I'm torn between Disneyland and WDW, I love both for different reasons. EPCOT is still probably my favorite individual park though.

I was going to do a family celebration at Disneyland this fall, but now I'm starting to second-guess it as bad timing - with all the Star Wars Land and other various closures and refurbs (as well as possible Holiday overlays), do you guys think September 2016 would still be a decent time to visit Disneyland? Or will there be too much shit closed or changed for it to be worth it?
>>
>>78951486
Late January is a pretty good time to go.

My recomendation, try to get early, especially to MK, it's worth to see the opening the park show at around 8:40 am.

>Celebration of Harry Potter

Can't be worse than the holiday crowds, just remember that you can't ride the Hogwarts Express unless you buy park-to-park tickets
>>
>>78951553
Oh yeah, and stories. I have a few precious memories, but several were from my last visit to Disneyland. In particular, I remember that the first day I was there happened to be the only chance I'd have to ride Indiana Jones, as it would be closed for refurb for the rest of the stay starting the next day. So I was trying to get as many rides in as possible.

While walking through the long empty sections of queue before getting to the actual line, I happened to to be walking along with a Cast Member for the ride, probably heading to his shift. I struck up conversation with him (I'm autistic and generally shit at socializing, but for some reason in Disney parks I find it much easier to just talk to people). Told him about my plans, and general talk about the refurb and other stuff, he was super chill. Then just before I got to the line proper and he split off to some secret CM entrance or something, he handed me a bonus Fastpass, signed by Indy. Minor thing, but it still struck a major chord with me. Cast Members are so damn awesome.
>>
File: subarashii.png (111 KB, 455x329) Image search: [Google]
subarashii.png
111 KB, 455x329
>>78941608
>Cars area has a plaque devoted to explaining the fictional geologic history, complete with automobile-inspired formation names
>>
>>78951651
Yep, already bought and printed park-to-park ones. Unfortunately I didn't buy those express passes that put you in shorter lines on every ride. I wanted to, but it's a big group and not everybody can afford them, so we'd be getting split up in different lines, which nobody wants.

I'm hoping that since I don't care about seeing panels or special events I'll be able to go on the non-Potter stuff relatively easy while the robe-wearers are occupied.
>>
>>78951486

Parks are about as dead as they're gonna get. You picked a good time.

Don't waste a whole day at studios. Get there in the morning, get what rides you can out of the way and go exploring somewhere else on or off property. Check out the major resorts or Disney Springs.
>>
>>78951668
Cars is John Lasseter's obsession and has a disproportionate amount of detail surrounding it despite them never explaining anything about how Cars themselves work. It's the only Pixar franchise that actually has someone whose job it is to maintain continuity in spinoffs across the brand. That's why they've never done something like let you ride inside the main characters.
>>
>>78951716
Haven't been to Disney Springs in years (since it was Downtown, obviously). I was surprised to see that they don't offer reservations for Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, despite its newness, but I'm hoping to hit that up.
>>
>>78951699
None of the two main Harry Potter rides have express so you'll have to stand in line anyways.

Don't go to the Transformers ride unless you really like the franchise, it always has long lines and is a bad ripoff of the far superior Spider-Man ride right in the next park.
>>
>>78951882
See, I didn't even know that, it doesn't say on the site that they're not included.

I've been to IoA a couple of times in the past decade but never Studios. Gonna see the Simpsons stuff for the first time.
>>
>>78952002
>Gonna see the Simpsons stuff for the first time.

I can't believe Universal went from "We can't sell Duff, beer isn't very family friendly" to making a replica of Moe's Tavern down to the Love Tester Machine.
>>
>>78951757

I stopped in there while waiting to see a movie. Look at fucking everything! Especially the cabinet to right of the bar.

And for the love of God order a drink. The Bitter Bartender (a Pisco Sour) is easily up there in my top cocktails.
>>
>>78952193

I'm a Cast Member and a few days ago I had a woman complain to me that selling alcohol went against the whole "family friendly," thing we have.

I had to ask a nearby Food and Beverage person (I'm Attractions) to get a manager, as they wanted someone to come and talk to them as opposed to talking to someone at guest relations.
>>
Went for the first time in 09 with my gfs family, Epcot was my favorite parm. Test track was dope (this was before it was tron themed) the world showcase was cool (RIP Matterhorn) and Japan brought out my inner weeb. I went again with just her in 2012 and being 21 made it more fun being able to buy overpriced booze. Space mountain was open this time and that was sweet. Expedition Everest is fucking rad, I think I enjoyed the queue more than the actual ride
>>
>>78951486
Late January's a decent time to go, but I'd try splitting your Studios day with Animal Kingdom. Both have good stuff, but not enough to justify a whole day. [spoilers]Also, where'd you get that picture?[/spoilers]
>>
>>78952437

You shouldn't humor the crazies. Just walk away.
>>
Never understood the appeal of people who are obsessed over these theme parks. I lived in Anaheim for three years and there are people who go every week. Sure it's fun once in a while, but there's only so many times you can ride the same rides.

Not a huge fan of these personality types that buy into that, either.
>>
>>78943693
You have to "reserve" a spot on a ride and you only get 3
>>
>>78952679

After you use the first three you make additional passes one at a time.
>>
>>78952565
It's his job anon, he handed it well. When you got a job you have to suck up to shitty customers no matter how annoying it is.
>>
>>78952664
Part of the fun is going once every few years, I can't see how going every week would be fun.
>>
>tfw the amount of cute little secrets has been going down year after year because of retarded tourists who overuse them

RIP Andy's Coming
>>
>>78952756

>call guests on their bullshit regularly
>supervisors begrudgingly slap my wrists with no real consequence when they're told to
>high fives in the break room

Being a wage slave is one thing but being a wage slave doormat is no way to live.
>>
>>78953015
I still want to find out if that Death Certificate thing at the Haunted Mansion is legit
>>
We keep raising the price's and they keep coming.

I have no idea why they keep doing this.

It's like, Christ people. You fucks came all the way to the other side of the god damn world to sit in a line and eat.

Fuck you faggots. I hate tourists.
>>
>>78953162
Are you claiming to be a Disney Cast Member, or saying this is how it is at your Non-Disney job? Because my understanding is Disney is super strict on the "always be smiling, bend over backwards for guests" thing. Disney CM's are the nicest and best servicepeople I've ever seen, I wouldn't be surprised if it's because if they ever said a single rude thing or frowned at someone they were immediately executed.
>>
>>78953464

>I wouldn't be surprised if it's because if they ever said a single rude thing or frowned at someone they were immediately executed.

When on stage you better always be smiling and cheerful (Unless you work at Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion, those are the exceptions).

Backstage you're free to talk shit as much as you like.
>>
>>78953464

It's all about perception. Those ubermice only make of a small portion of our staff. Chances are that you couldn't even notice any detracting behaviors because you've already made up your mind about the experience you're having. They've been conditioning you since birth.
>>
>>78953464

Former CP at Disney World. I think they hire us in part under the assumption that we'll be enthusiastic and actually, you know, like Disney. Half my coworkers were retirees who never visited the park. They just lived in Florida amd wanted the benefits. Because the park requires so many cast members, they can't always hire people who actually care. Getting CPs offsets that somewhat.
>>
>>78952664

When I worked at Disney World I'd go to Epcot twice a week and the others wvery so often. It's great to just walk around and almost treat it like a public park. Actually, I'm not a big ride fan. I'd rather just walk around and enjoy the spectacle of it all.
>>
>>78949945
>>78950124
World legally can't have Marvel characters within the parks, or any future park east of the Mississippi. That's why when they made that Iron Man/Avengers monorail ad, they did it on the resort monorail that technically never enters the parks.
>>
>>78952551
It was part of a tumblr set from Maid of Might cosplay on facebook.
>>
Anyone know what the star wars area is gonna be like?

I'm hoping mos eisley, it needs to have a theme and not just be "star wars land"
>>
>>78954541
Don't they still profit from by having the IP rights of other theme park's attractions?

Honestly there is no way Disney can top Marvel Superhero Island and people that go to Universal go to Disney too anyways.

They should put all their eggs in the Star Wars basket and hope that Avatar Land can be turned into something else cheaply in five years.
>>
>>78953464
Kek, during holiday season, my area would get so many complaints because "we got there 10 minutes into the parade, and this cast member wouldn't let us stand in the middle of a narrow emergency walkway!" Our managers and coordinators basically tell us, don't cuss anyone out but you're allowed to shout if it means you keep that path open for the EMTs. Guests Relations trashes any unfounded complaints once the days over and doesn't bother to log them.
>>
>>78954707

Think Coruscant Farmer's Market.
>>
>>78941608
>MFW too poor to afford food in HK Disneyland
>Only managed with the Food-Cart stuff
>Couldn't afford a locker so I had to carry my bag
Still had lots of fun though, my rich uncle paid for the trip there and the hotel I stayed at but other than that, most of the money was from my savings. Didn't even get a bunch of souvenirs. Just got a Spider-Man keychain.
>>
Going to DW over spring break. Any suggestions for cool shit to do/see while im there?
>>
File: Cinderella Castle.png (883 KB, 908x662) Image search: [Google]
Cinderella Castle.png
883 KB, 908x662
>>78941608
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
>>
>>78955149
See if the trash cans and water fountains still talk to you when you use them, I'm curious
>>
>>78954665
You have any links to that?
>>
>>78956363
You can't post facebook links, it identifies it as spam.
>>
Never been to either universal studios or disneyland. I really don't mind, but i hope to go sometime in the next 5 years or so after nintendoland/star wars areas are open.

More interested in Universal, since it has the harry potter areas, Springfield, and eventually nintendoland.
>>
>>78953162

Do guest compliments actually help out Cast Members? I don't trash talk the workers but if I see someone working impressively hard or give amazing service I tend to go report that at the end of my visits.
>>
I went to the Animal Kingdom when it opened up and I don't remember a single damn thing about it.

I went through the family photo albums recently and nobody bothered to take any pictures either. Compared to the hundreds of pictures at the other parks.

It must have sucked.
>>
File: 1452112591105.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452112591105.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>they're closing down DisneyQuest
>>
File: 1450528574452.jpg (219 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1450528574452.jpg
219 KB, 848x900
>Favorite Park
Epcot
>Favorite ride
2012 Test Track
>Castmember stories
can't remember any.
>>
File: 1451627363988.png (536 KB, 712x715) Image search: [Google]
1451627363988.png
536 KB, 712x715
>>78957430
>nintendoland
What the heck will that even turn out to be anyway?
>>
>>78957722
I'd kill for a Ganondorf M&G.
>>
>>78957722
They are replacing the dying Woody Woodpecker kiddie area with nintendo characters.
>>
>>78957751
>M&G.
what does that mean.
Is it a certain kind of Roller-coaster?
>>
File: 1448713333154.jpg (128 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1448713333154.jpg
128 KB, 1152x864
>>78957770
I thought they were adding the Nintendo rides to Islands of Adventures.
If they are, i would say that Toon Lagoon would be replaced.
>>
>>78957775
I'm assuming a Meet & Greet for some reason.
>>
>>78957590
It's very damp

It's tough to be a Bug traumatizes little kids

It didn't have its best ride Expedition Everest back then.
>>
File: 1450019163102.jpg (31 KB, 334x280) Image search: [Google]
1450019163102.jpg
31 KB, 334x280
Guys I need more Disney Park reaction pics.
>>
>>78941608
Going next month. Didn't realize about how hard it is to book food stops because reservations everywhere. Now I realize I screwed that aspect up. Would have booked be our guest or cinderella table for my daughter. We did set up fast pass for elsa and Anna tho.
The reservation and fast pass system are so self defeating if you ask me as far as their future.
>>
File: 1451583878524.jpg (32 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
1451583878524.jpg
32 KB, 350x500
>>78957809
My money's on some Splatoon thing to replace the Dudley ride.
>>
>>78941757
Blue Bayou in Disneyland. Dining inside the entrance to Pirates is fun and the Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch is delicious. The crab cakes are delicious as well.
>>
>>78957751
I'm still in favor of a Metroid show done in the style of the old Alien Encounter attraction from WDW.
>>
>>78941757
>Places
go check out the new lands at Hollywood studios when they open (Star Wars, Toy Stories)
>Restaurant
California Grill at one of the hotels is meant to be the best Restaurant in the area (with a great view for MK fireworks).
>>
>>78957590
Kiliminjaro is cool but it's a zoo pretending to be dramatic. Pocahontas and Miko are fun.
>>
>>78957722
i don't think anyone has much of an idea right now.

I'm just hoping for an animal crossing tea house.
>>
File: 1447956614263.png (17 KB, 674x549) Image search: [Google]
1447956614263.png
17 KB, 674x549
>>78957940
Well, they have that new nighttime show opening soon ( Rivers of Light) and that whole Avatar Land.
>>
File: 1452345316436.png (17 KB, 393x377) Image search: [Google]
1452345316436.png
17 KB, 393x377
>>78957950
>animal crossing tea house
Oh man that sounds so hype
>>
>>78957514

Yes, they help. Keep it up, much appreciated.
>>
>>78957912
Yeah I went in July and feel like we missed so much at Hollywood studios. Now it's all star wars stuff. So excited.
>>
>taking friend to Disney with me so I have a park buddy
>she'd rather go to universal but all she wants to see is harry potter and marvel
>Disney gave us a free 5th day for at their parks
What do
>>
File: AzQ2EslCUAImPWl.jpg orig.jpg (84 KB, 408x603) Image search: [Google]
AzQ2EslCUAImPWl.jpg orig.jpg
84 KB, 408x603
>>
>>78957993
>Now it's all star wars stuff
Not yet, they haven't even started construction on the Star Wars land, but they added some Star Wars themed fireworks.

>>78957972
>Avatar Land.
Is there even anyone looking forward to that? I doubt it'll attract the huge crowds or that it'll have people crying in excitement like the Harry Potter lands do.
>>
File: CYm9hw5UMAATEwY.jpg orig.jpg (85 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
CYm9hw5UMAATEwY.jpg orig.jpg
85 KB, 682x1024
>>78958185
>>
File: CYm26jjUAAQjhUn.jpg orig.jpg (50 KB, 508x768) Image search: [Google]
CYm26jjUAAQjhUn.jpg orig.jpg
50 KB, 508x768
>>78958199
>>
File: 9.png (37 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
9.png
37 KB, 184x184
>>78957830
Here, have some Figment.
>>
Reposting:

Recently found out a friend of mine is getting a two bedroom villa at WDW for a week in the fall of next year, and I'm part of the big friend group they invited to come along. Does anyone have any tips on vacationing with a bigger group of young adult friends? So far I've only been as a small child with family and once as a couple with my partner.

Also I've never been to Universal and it looks like we'll be visiting there too, and hitting up some of Disney's/Universal's/Orlando's halloween attractions and haunted houses. Anyone have experience with any of that?
>>
>>78958103

Give her the dick.
>>
File: minnie-aag.jpg (95 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
minnie-aag.jpg
95 KB, 683x1024
>>78957830
>>
>>78958103
Split up and go to a Disney park singly while she goes to Universal, at least for some of the time. It's not a bad time going it alone and you guys can meet and hang out outside of the parks before and afterwards.
>>
>>78957808
Islands is getting a King Kong themed area between Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park this summer.

There isn't still any official info about any Nintendo attractions yet other than they have a deal with Universal.
>>
>>78957848
I want actual Mario Kart with actual weaponry.
>>
Post some park ideas.
>>
File: disney safari vacation.jpg (874 KB, 1808x1408) Image search: [Google]
disney safari vacation.jpg
874 KB, 1808x1408
>>78957590
That's funny because my Disney album is filled with animal kingdom photos because going there was one of the few times I didn't forget my camera at the hotel.
>>
File: disney-wallpaper-castle-flowers.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
disney-wallpaper-castle-flowers.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1200
Gonna be at Disney World on my 29th birthday. Suggestions?
>>
>>78958479
Where's the anon who makes the villains park post
>>
>>78958479
Universal should give Nintendo Land the Harry Potter treatment and not leave it to just Meet and Greets like they did with Spongebob, it certainly deserves it more than Dr Seuss Land.

As for Disney, I always thought it should have had more Star Wars stuff in DHS and that the Pixar area should be bigger and they are actually doing that. DHS is finally turning into a day long worthy park.
>>
Anybody else here go to the tea service at the Grand Floridian? One of my favorite things.
>>
>>78950162
What sort of things are there to check out at Downtown Disney? Last time I went I ended up just walking up and down it looking for something interesting but not finding anything that caught my eye and I ended up exhausted and miserable.
>>
File: Star-Wars-Land.jpg (228 KB, 2280x1282) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Land.jpg
228 KB, 2280x1282
>>78954707
>>78954872
Brand new planet in the outer-rim, a trading outpost and spaceport that's on the edge of Wild Space. Has a ride on the Falcon, a Cantina, and some ride taking place in a Resistance/First Order conflict.
>>
>favorite park
disneyland Anaheim. still the best in my eyes.
>favorite tide
extra-terror-estrial encounter. yeah, look that one up.
>>
>>78957722
>>78957770
>>78957808
Rumor going round is one of the rides is Mario Kart
>>
>>78959618
>extra-terror-estrial encounter

That gave me nightmares when I was six. Shame I can't go back again.
>>
>>78958632
I'm the one you responded to. I want to hear other people's ideas, I don't want to keep spamming it in every thread.
>>
>>78958735
They are. Only thing that'll remain in that Kidzone corner of the park after Nintendoland goes in is ET.

Of course, if those rumors of Uni plotting a third gate are legit, could be they plan on going bigger with Nintendo.
>>
>>78959706
>ET.
I hope that stays there forever, is pretty much the only ride older than 20 left in the park.
>>
>>78959754
Spielberg's pressured the park to keep it all these years. It's his baby, moreso then the other Universal rides based on his movies.
>>
>>78957991

No problem man, after all the stories I hear in these threads I'm happy to give Cast Members something back. You guys work hard and in maddening conditions; keeping a work ethic seems almost herculean especially at peak hours.
>>
>>78959795
Why would they want to get rid of it? The attraction is a timeless classic. They can just get rid of Barney, the talking animal show and the kiddie playground areas.

There is a reason why Peter Pan's Flight is still one of MK's most popular attractions despite it being based on a 60 year old movie.
>>
>>78959754
What? No. They still have Ja-

>Jaws was removed back in 2012

Now I am sad.
>>
>>78960185
ET at Hollywood was considered expendable. They turned it into the Mummy. Additionally, there's that section of people that find ET's homeplanet super cringy.
>>
File: DSCN9174 - Copy.jpg (140 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9174 - Copy.jpg
140 KB, 600x800
>>78942115
>Japan in epcot.
It also has best Disney princess there.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (51 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
51 KB, 396x385
>>78960201
>tfw you will never ride the Jaws ride

Going to Universal for the first time next year, and I'm having a hard time not letting this get me down a bit. I always wanted to ride it as a kid, but when I went to Disney when I was 7, my family decided to cut our planned Universal Day in favor of a "we got burnt out overexerting ourselves and have no energy left to leave the hotel anymore" day. They reassured me "don't worry, we'll just go next time."
>>
>>78959641
it was an amazingly designed psychological horror experience. probably the closest we've ever come to an h.r geiger alien attraction.

i wish i could ride it again.
>>
>>78960404
It was a lot like Kilimanjaro Safaris and Jungle Cruise. A lot of the enjoyment depended on what kind of captain you got.

If it was a flaming homo, a guy obviously bored of having to do the same thing for the two hundredth time on the same day or a terrible comedian the ride could be a bad experience.
>>
>>78960461
Originally it was going to be literally Alien the ride
>The original name for this attraction was Nostromo, a reference to the spacecraft from the 1979 movie Alien. Furthermore the monster was planned to be the titular creature, and X-S Tech was going to be the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
>>
>>78960744
Speaking of Alien, are they ever going to update the Great Movie Ride? The newest movie in that thing is pretty much 35 years old at this point.
>>
>>78960629
Once our group had a captain who was obviously tired of being there and was really slow and apathetic with his line delivery. He actually missed his cue for one of the moments where he picks up his gun and shoots at the shark. The gunfire noises and water effects started but he still had both hands on the wheel. My friends and I started screaming "ARE YOU SHOOTING IT WITH MIND BULLETS?!" when it happened and started heckling him about it as he fumbled to pick up his prop gun. We meant well and everyone was laughing but I'm sure that guy hated us that day.
>>
>>78960856
They can't really afford major renovations to any rides in DHS until Star Wars Land opens, the park has like 5 rides in total.
>>
>in the Disney College Program
>be a main entrance cast member at MGM
>have rule where anyone 2 and under can enter the park for free
>we cannot question or deny the child's age no matter what
>Latina woman comes to my Disney access point
>Has two children who are clearly between the ages of 8 and 12
>"mam do they have tickets?"
>"no they're under two"
>"um"
>she aggressively points to her children
>"1,2! Their big babies"
>"um"
>"THEY LET THEM IN AT MAGIC KINGDOM!"
>I let them through
>as the puta went into MGM my face was in shock
>older coworker looks at me
>"we can't do anything about it. Just keep smiling"

Seriously though if you are an entitled prick to a cast member you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>78960314
>the Mummy

>"Not even the Medjai can save you now. There is no escape.....Your end shall be my beginning.....Behold your fate....Will this be your destiny?....Your souls are mine!"

I fucking love that ride, shame that it will probably be the next one to go to make way for a Hunger Games or Twilight ride eventually.
>>
>that bbq at Animal Kingdom
These threads make me hungry. I feast when at Disney World the whole time really. Im not even fat the food is just tasty, especially World Showcase.
>>
>>78961152
>Latino
You could've been the fucking President and they would've done the same thing
>>
>>78961303
Food and Wine festival always makes my wallet cry. Unfortunately I feel like some of the Disney park food isn't as good as it used to be. I will still push a small child to get my Dole Whip floats though.
>>
California Disneyland, though Tokyo Disneyland was always great.
>Favorite ride?
Pirates of the Caribbean. It's ritual now for my family to head straight for it when we first get to the park.
>>
>>78961152
>>"THEY LET THEM IN AT MAGIC KINGDOM!"
>But I did it before! I did it before!!

Ah yes, I recognize the distinctive cry of the entitled loser bird. Bane of service workers everywhere.
>>
>>78960856
They just updated it in that Turner Classic Movies sponsors the ride and has Robert Osborne narration accompanying your live host now.
>>
>>78961270
Naw, they'll update it to the Mummy remake they're doing for that Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe or some shit.
>>
I used to assume all those overweight people on the rented scooters were either being lazy or faking it to subvert the lines. My logic was, why wouldn't they have at least have a cane with them if they actually needed the help anywhere else.
Then a friend of mine overextended her knee on Pirates and completely blew it out to the point she couldn't put any weight on it at all.

Now I have a little more respect for scooter people. Especially seeing the shear numbers of people that would just straight up cut her off. One guy even walked right into her, putting his foot right under the wheel.
>>
>>78961895
Always found the bigger gall to be the that whole 'rent a cripple' thing that they'd do. I mean, paying someone who's disabled to be part of your group so you can reap the benefits.

But I feel you on that last part. My late mom had to rent a scooter the last few times we were there, and the crowds were no help at all. I used to joke that those things need cow catchers installed up front.
>>
>>78941608
So any DCP alumnis going to the alumni reunion this weekend?
[spoilers]or just me?[spoilers]
>>
>>78952679
I dunno, this worked out for my group. We just all reserved some time on Space Mountain toward the end of the day and went off to explore the rest of the park until then. It sucks that it meant missing out on the other two reservations, but we would have had to spend the whole day in one line otherwise.
>>
Need help ya'll!!! I'm getting married on saturday and will be heading to Disney World for a week for our honeymood. The soon to be wife is already planning on fast passes for certain rides and such. I've been to disney every two years of my life(my dad is a disney nut). I need to know what places to go to, hidden secrets, spots people rarely go to that are hidden gems. Favorite rides?

Also, are the walls at All Star Music thick? Because she tends to scream during sex lol
>>
File: No! I don't want that!.png (482 KB, 672x537) Image search: [Google]
No! I don't want that!.png
482 KB, 672x537
>>78957649
Disney Quest is being replaced by a basketball stadium instead of updating it to give it a Wreck-it Ralph theme.
>>
>>78957873
>the Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch is delicious.
Fucking this. Only we got ours at this little corner place, can't remember what it was called.
>>
File: Hulk Sad.jpg (39 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
Hulk Sad.jpg
39 KB, 474x503
>>78960371
Damn it, I just remembered how someone showed that to Robin Williams on Facebook and how Robin lost his shit, being a fan of NGE and knowing that this cat spirit display is bullshit, which in turn reminds me that he's dead. The world's just so much darker without him.
>>
>>78963141
>Disney announced that it was closing DisneyQuest in 2016 after 18 years in operation, to be replaced by a new "NBA Experience".

What the fuck? How can they turn that awesome theme park into apehoop wankery?

What are they even going to do? Put basketball arcade games everywhere?
>>
>>78954334
I formerly worked at Universal
Protip: We'll notice if your an asshole and talk shit about you behind stage.
Most people we don't really give a fuck about because our real job is to make sure you don't kill yourself and get you on and off the ride in a timely fashion. You;re going to have a good time on the ride, not in the four seconds where we direct you to a car.
And for gods sake, stow your fucking bag and your party of 5 will not fit in the four seat row no matter how much you insist on "riding together".
>>
>>78957982
Animal Crossing will get a small snack stand.
Screencap this.
>>
File: good night sweep prince.png (492 KB, 480x700) Image search: [Google]
good night sweep prince.png
492 KB, 480x700
>>78963277
you just had to remind me that, now I have to rewatch the bicentennial man and cry like a bitch
>>
File: genie.jpg (74 KB, 677x397) Image search: [Google]
genie.jpg
74 KB, 677x397
>>78963558
>"Genie, I'm... I'm gonna miss you..."
Gets me every time after Robin's passing.
>>
>Avatar is getting a section in Animal Kingdom
I can't wait! James Cameron is a creative genius. His unique vision for Pandora is guaranteed to stand the test of time and capture the hearts and minds of children and adults alike!
Considering the current atmosphere of fanaticism over the Avatar film franchise, I forsee this decision paying dividends for Disney over the ensuing decades.
>>
>>78963702
Jim, pls. Go back to /tv/ to shitpost about how TFA's box office will never surpass your movies.
>>
>>78954707
It's not really based on any specific location in any of the 7 Star Wars movies but rather a mixture of all of the notable locations
>>
>>78962169
>paying someone who's disabled to be part of your group so you can reap the benefits

Sounds better than shaving a child's head to pass them off as having cancer bit I've heard some people do. Especially those instances where they actually tell the kid they are dying to keep the story straight.
>>
File: oldmillirl.jpg (540 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
oldmillirl.jpg
540 KB, 800x600
>>78963075
Do you specifically want romantic stuff or just general recommendations? I've never been, but I hear Tom Sawyer's Island in Magic Kingdom (I think) is a popular favorite that often gets overlooked, and that it's filled with secret secluded nooks and crannies.
>>
File: Rage Snapped.jpg (22 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
Rage Snapped.jpg
22 KB, 300x309
>>78963934
>Especially those instances where they actually tell the kid they are dying to keep the story straight.
I hope the people that do this die in the most excrutiatingly painful and agonizing death possible for telling their own child that they're gonna die just to get to the front of the line for a fucking theme park.
>>
>>78963848
That makes the most sense, you can't make an accurrate Mos Eisley without making it a shithole which isn't something a theme park would want to do and Coruscant would remind everyone of the prequels.
>>
>>78941608
I went to Magic Kingdom on Christmas day. Don't do it. Seriously. The stories of horribleness are 100% true. Every ride was an hour wait with some being 2 and 3 hours long. The shortest wait was 30 minutes.
>>
>>78964410
Why would anyone want to go to a big popular theme park on Christmas anyway? I've never understood this.
>>
>>78964487
This, at least in New Years Eve you get an awesome fireworks show.

Christmas is to open presents and be with your family not to stand in line for four hours for a 2 minute long roller coaster in the dark ride.
>>
>>78964487
>>78964558
I was on a large family vacation, so it wasn't my decision. I was along for the horrible, horrible ride. I was told it was to make a "memorable, magical Christmas." Well, it was memorable!

Anyone considering it better be ready for absolute hell and one of the worst experiences known to man.
>>
>>78953294
>I have no idea why they keep doing this.

Its cause a lot of people buy annual passes. Hiking up daily badge prices allows the park to make money and drive demand down to reduce overcrowding
>>
>>78964668
Disney celebrates Christmas from Thanksgiving to MLK day, you would have had the same "magical Christmas" with a lot less crowds any other day in between.

I was in Orlando on Christmas but I didn't dare to go to the parks until after New Year's Day.
>>
>>78962169
How is that bad. That crippled person would not be able to go to Disneyland anyway so you're giving them a wonderful vacation.
>>
>>78964775
Lesson has since been learned by the organizer of said event. Sometimes you have to let people make their mistakes. Even when they cost a shitload of money.
>>
>>78964675

Annual passes pay for themselves after a certain amount of visits; economically if you enjoy Disney enough it's worth the money

Hiking the premium pass up to a grand was the best thing to happen imo. All the people I knew who had the best passes are dropping them, meanwhile Deluxe and (where I am) SoCal resident passes remain almost untouched.

My version of a SoCal pass can't be bought anymore so even if people bought the cheapest passes (SoCal Select) they can't go on weekends or holiday/vacation times. Vanilla SoCal lets passholder drop by on Sundays for weekends, so every other week I drop in for morning Disneyland and bail when it hits noon-3pm. Not worth sticking around past that time unless I'm seeing a show.
>>
>>78964668
Shit, what was even so bad?

I mean, I can already imagine it'd be but-to-gut crowded everywhere and that there'd be hours long waits for even the simplest things, but were people also assholes on top of that?

I'm probably going to be going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party next year so I'm curious about what attending a holiday themed event is like.
>>
>>78964858
I went to the Halloween event this year and it was AMAZING. We went midweek and were just in awe with how much the park changed. Lines were an issue until trick or treating started. At that points all the kids just GTFO the lines and we had free reign of the park
>>
>>78941608
Favorite ride?
20'000 Leagues Under the Sea
>>
>>78964847
>Annual passes pay for themselves after a certain amount of visits; economically if you enjoy Disney enough it's worth the money

I assume this only applies if you live within a reasonable distance and not on the other side of the country.
>>
>>78961270
Hunger Games is getting its own park.

Yes, really.
>>
>>78965054
I like Hunger Games, but I'm unsure how they'll be able to manage that.
>>
>>78965054
Why. A stage show would suffice, there's not even that much I could think of that you could include in an entire "land" for Hunger Games.
>>
>>78965054
They better not put a single restaurant or food kiosk in the entire thing.
>>
>>78965054
Where? How? Why?

I know this is another attempt to ride on Harry Potter's coattails but HP was perfect to get its own theme park, so much that its main ride is just shoving things from its universe into your face as much as technology can.

Hunger Games is a sad dystopian tale about kids killing each other, I can't even think what rides it could have.
>>
>>78965182
>>78965247
What gets me is like
"YEAH lets go to the dystopian bloodsport dictatorship for our vacation that sounds FUN"
>>
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/hunger-games-theme-park-will-1292183482294326.html

>Tiwlight, Hunger Games, and Step Up: the Park

Ha ha ha, holy shit
>>
File: 1357344072741.jpg (49 KB, 268x298) Image search: [Google]
1357344072741.jpg
49 KB, 268x298
>>78964949
I live in FL, under and hour away from WDW, and it's not worth it to me. Not even the $202 3-park ticket. It was like $150 last year! Fuck you Disney!
>>
>>78965306
I'm trying to think how a Hunger Games ride would go, and the first obvious idea would be a simulation games where the guests are tributes. And, yeah, that doesn't feel like a good idea right off the bat.
>>
>>78963141
>>78963305
Actually, the NBA Experience thing got cancelled. Disney Quest closure's been delayed to 2017 while they try finding another occupant.
>>
>>78964858
The crowd is absolutely unreal. We had a group with 3 children (two of whom were under 10), and 6 adults (2 were elderly), we were repeatedly almost trampled by grown adults.

When it came to lunchtime, which we purposefully pushed to 2 PM, we visited one of the little restaurants. We were told "Do not stop for any reason. Keep moving at all times until you are out of the building." I'm a big person (over 6', 300 lbs, and walked the whole park), and I almost got trampled when we were at the line ordering (where we had to stop). We then went outside to eat and every table was taken. At least 5 of them was taken by adults who told their children to each sit at a table to reserve it. One table had a man with Down's Syndrome sitting, alone, for 20 minutes. Another, an elderly woman, was saving the table for 1 man. There were people eating sitting on the ground. When asked by cast members to use empty seating, I witnessed multiple people sling the bag or leg into a seat and say "No!" The poor cast member had a plastered smile on as she tried to free space.

In the Buzz ride, which was great fun, we had one party have someone wait in line and got separated with our party in the middle. So, being kind, we held for a minute and let them unite (being told the other group was 3 other people). I, again big, was immediately shoved to the wall, I dropped my phone and our fast pass cards, and 5-6 people ran by our party. One of the children was knocked to the floor and an elderly member of our group was jammed into a cordon. The cast member attempted to stop and chastize them, but couldn't.

Outside was just as bad as one group had 4 carts convoying around the park. An elderly woman and man, an obese man, and a fit woman who was carting 2 kids on her cart. They ran over people's feet and stopped dead center in middle of a walk area, pulled around, and stopped in a cloverleaf position in front of the Peter Pan ride. When asked to move by a cast member, they refused.
>>
File: laughingkatrinas.png (362 KB, 552x399) Image search: [Google]
laughingkatrinas.png
362 KB, 552x399
>>78965278
Haha
>>
File: moana-01-800.jpg (571 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
moana-01-800.jpg
571 KB, 800x600
So what attraction is gonna get replaced/rebranded by this?
>>
>>78965432
Seems like it might be maybe nicer than having to save up $1k+ to get a week's visit once in 10 years or so.
>>
>>78965476
Well it's not like it has to make much sense.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey violates the single most important rule of the HP universe and nobody seems to care that you nearly got eaten by a dragon, by spiders and almost got your soul sucked out of you.
>>
>>78964858
The cast members were amazing, though. I had some great conversations about their work, their thoughts on the park, the items there, and they gave us great tips for the park. If not for the massive, and often very rude, crowd then we would have had a horrible time.

And a sidenote to the stories in the previous post? Not a single person the entire time said "Excuse me" (or any variation thereof). Every cast member, since we were there on Christmas, was told by our party "Thank you for being here." They clearly appreciated it, and it was awesome they took time from their celebration to be there for some really unappreciative, and many appreciative, people.
>>
>>78965586
Enchanted Tiki Room obviously. Also the Polynesian resort.
>>
File: Soldier.png (161 KB, 360x542) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.png
161 KB, 360x542
I'm still waiting for these things and the series in general to get a chance to shine at Disney theme parks.

They'd be perfect for Halloween...
>>
>>78964944
I loved that ride as a kid. I was at Disneyland last spring, and I went on that Nemo ride thinking that it couldn't be all that different. Little did I realize that since I was a little kid, I happened to grow to be 6 foot 4, and boy oh boy is that ride not meant for someone that tall. Even if the original 20'000 Leagues ride was still there, I probably would have had the same issue.
>>
File: TahitianTerraceMenuCover.jpg (255 KB, 900x883) Image search: [Google]
TahitianTerraceMenuCover.jpg
255 KB, 900x883
>>78965586
>>78965645
Definitely Florida Tiki Room, but in Cali, I'm predicting "Excuse to finally bring the Tahitian Terrace back to the disused Aladdin Oasis."
>>
>>78951651
January/September people who got out of the military honorably (But didnt retire/active duty) can stay on shades of green for like 80 bucks a day.

I'm actually pretty annoyed Disney only offers retirees and active duty discounts on park tickets
>>
>>78965735
Damn, thats a pretty racy cover for Disney.
>>
>>78965645
>>78965735

Am I the only person who likes the Tiki Room? I just love the old songs. I about rioted when they did that shit with Iago and Zazu a few years back.
>>
>>78952551
If you go to Animal Kingdom, bring your own plastic straws, the paper ones will piss you off hella quick.
>>
>>78952679
make the fast passes in the morn, once they're done you can use like 3 more same day.
>>
>>78965484
Reminds me of when I attended a free ballet performance on Boston Common once. It wasn't so bad staking out a spot 4 hours in advance, but as soon as the show started, it became hell with people trying to jam themselves into a view and nearly breaking into fistacuffs over territory.

Your experience was probably worse, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>78965612

>Every cast member, since we were there on Christmas, was told by our party "Thank you for being here." They clearly appreciated it, and it was awesome they took time from their celebration to be there for some really unappreciative, and many appreciative, people.

I worked on Christmas Day, and I was giving a guest directions when another party passed by and put pic related in my hand with a "thank you."

On the back it says "Thank you for making our holidays magical!" And inside is a pack of Rolos.

I can't make myself open it and ruin it.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (46 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
46 KB, 400x223
>tfw Star Wars Land
>>
>>78965828
Can't you just, drink from the cup?
>>
>>78965809
Oh I love the Tiki Room. But modern Disney's gotten super-predictable with all this "Let's shove IP into our original content attractions" crap. Disneyland's Tiki Room is much more safe from that sort of thing because of the history card, but Florida's gotten fucked with before.

At the very least, a Moana tie-in would probably be more tasteful then Gilbert Gottfried shrieking about how the TIki Birds need to get hip with the kids before diving retribution finally slaps him around both in-show and in reality.

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of the fire that closed Under New Management by turning Iago into a destroyed Skynet roboparrot.
>>
>>78965685
It won't happen, and shockingly, it's because the fanbase is autistic

I'm pretty sure the staff at wdw know all too well how bad KH fans can be, I've heard the stories over the years.
>>
>>78965586
They already got a ton of restaraunts in that theme
>>
File: Figment 2 005-020.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Figment 2 005-020.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78965913
That's the "Waiting for them to do Imagination 4 with Dreamfinder coming back" image anon.
>>
>>78963934
>>78964188
they got caught doing that. hiring a disabled tour guide to skip lines...
>>
>>78965972
>Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of the fire that closed Under New Management by turning Iago into a destroyed Skynet roboparrot.
Please tell me a tourist got that on film.
>>
>>78965969
HERESY
>>
>>78966010
Is this confirmed really happening someday or is it just an idea?
>>
>>78959169
I have a friend that works there. Definitely going to have to hit that up next month.
>>
>>78941608
EPCOT

>Favorite ride?
Tie between Soarin' and Fast Track
>>
File: newmanagement_sign2009ww.jpg (98 KB, 766x510) Image search: [Google]
newmanagement_sign2009ww.jpg
98 KB, 766x510
>>78965645
>>78965735
You sure about that? I mean, they already tried to replace it once and... Um...
>>
File: Epcot_-_Cranium_Command_logo.jpg (24 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Epcot_-_Cranium_Command_logo.jpg
24 KB, 240x180
>>78965586
Nothing, they only give attractions to extremely popular IPs like Frozen is about to get, Tangled only got a stroller parking area, Smash-It-Sam and Big Hero 6 didn't get shit and where the fuck is my Inside Out themed Cranium Command remake?
>>
>>78966051
No. Was an overnight fire. No pictures of the robot's corpse either.

The fire broke out around the Iago animatronic and singed the Birdmobile a little, but the sprinkler system kicked in. Resulted in additional water damage throughout the room.

>>78966098
It's been on-and-off in proposals for about a decade now, but the budgets allocated for it keep getting consumed by shit like Finding Nemo in the Seas or Frozen Maelstrom.
>>
File: Chained Up Girl's Wince.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Chained Up Girl's Wince.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>78965982
I'm kind of scared to ask, but... Please enlighten us with some of the stories...
>>
>>78966186
Under New Management was a "Duh, they're cartoon birds. They'll fit in fine into the Tiki Room and we'll do this idiotic meta-plot where they fuck with the show's structure. Iago's the key to all of this, if we get him working because he's the funniest character"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtMmnC6Ktw

Moana at least is a story about the magic and gods of Polynesia
>>
>>78941608
I'm going to Disneyland in a few weeks for the first time. We'll be staying for 4 nights. What are the absolute essential things to do?
>>
>>78964858
I didn't do Mickey's Not So Scary last year, but 2014 was really pleasant and not crowded at all. Mine Train had just been built at WDW and me and my friends got to ride it with a very short wait time so that was cool. The parade's fantastic, they had an all-night dance party with tons of characters both fur and face and I got to twerk with Anastasia the ugly step sister. Candy. So much candy. The cast members just shove literal handfuls into your treat bag.
I wouldn't ever recommend the Christmas party. I have cast member friends who have told me horror stories about the parks during that season. And this last year I heard they hit capacity really early at Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve and Christmas, so it was balls to the wall crowded. Only the most desperate people would attempt to ever visit the park at those times.
>>
>>78965604
Yeah but with the Harry Potter ride you get to go through the experience of what it's like being Harry Potter, which does have its perks, but with Hunger Games it's just "Congratulations on your child murder"
>>
>>78966194
Lot of rumors are pointing towards Inside Out as the future long-term occupant of the Captain Eo theater. Because Disney finds Wonders of Life to be more valuable as a fucking Festival Center.
>>
>>78965586
When did Elsa and Anna start meeting? A couple weeks before their movie? I want to figure out when I should make a new trip.
>>
>>78957722
>Nintendoland

My hype is up for a pokemon world.
>>
>>78965969
I have a 3 year old, (she was 2 at the time) who we forgot to bring a sippy cup for that day. :/ We weren't even expecting to go to a park that day. My cousin called me up and was like "Wanna go to Animal Kingdom? My friend has a pass with park hopper for you all!" PSYCHED.
>>
>>78966362
Where else are they going to put the stuff and set ups for the festivals?
>>
>>78966366
Baymax JUST started. Depends on the hype.

Heyyyy wait, how is BAYMAX allowed? He's a marvel character
>>
>>78965054
If it looked like the Capital it could be cool. I have no idea how they'd bring the actual games into it
>>
>>78966464
The empty spaces in Innoventions.
The old Millennium Village building they call World Showplace that's actually a larger venue.
>>
>>78966475
There's a loophole that Disney can use Marvel characters Universal isn't using.

They did a big Guardians of the Galaxy themed party a couple years ago.
>>
File: Sora_DLP.jpg (86 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Sora_DLP.jpg
86 KB, 640x427
>>78965982
>That spoiler.

You can say that about Disney fans in general.

And they've hosted KH events around Disney parks in the past (the most recent being the KH HD 1.5 ReMix early release event in Anaheim) and Sora is already in some parks.

Granted, no one wants to be hugged by the monstrosity seen here...
>>
>>78966475
Not a part of Universal's contract. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>78966475

>Baymax JUST started. Depends on the hype.

He was at DHS for a bit at the Magic of Disney Animation pavilion, then he got removed and that entire place got changed to Star Wars Shill Bay.
>>
>>78966391
Pokemon isn't technically a first-party property. Like Kirby, Nintendo needs special permission to include it alongside their other A-list characters in Nintendo-themed stuff. Unlike Kirby, The Pokemon Company is notoriously stingy with the rights.
>>
>>78966475
Marvel basically washed their hands of Big Hero 6. Plus Disney can technically have Marvel characters if they haven't yet appeared at Universal Orlando on a case by case basis. That's why they got to have Gamora and Star Lord do a dance party Meet & Greet at Villains Unleashed in 2014.
>>
>>78966584
He's at Epcot now
>>
File: Pokemon-Park.jpg (138 KB, 497x546) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Park.jpg
138 KB, 497x546
>>78966391
>tfw you will never ever get to experience Pokepark
>tfw you will never ride a magical flying Pikachu or one of the legendary dogs
>tfw you will never soar over the park on a giant Ferris wheel at the end of the day, hugging the cuddly giant pokemon plush you won at one of the carnival games

What's the point of living
>>
So which Epcot World Showcase pavillion would you replace and which country should they add?

>Canada with Russia
>Canada with Spain
>Morocco with Egypt
>>
>>78966752
They don't need to replace shit, there's like five or six empty slots still around the lagoon.
>>
people actually go to disney parks? I thought that was just an inside gag.
>>
>>78966725
That looks like a carnival-tier theme park
>>
>>78966752

>Great Britan with Pakistan
>France with Pakistan
>Germant with Pakistan
>>
>>78966391
>petting zoo where you strap fire hoses to turtles and make them fight
>>
>>78966791
That's because it is. I think at one point it was traveling throughout Asia.
>>
>>78966752
Canada with Native America.
>>
>>78966809
It's France with Algeria and Germany with Turkey or Syria
>>
>>78966725
Good? That looks awful.
>>
>>78966791
It was. Shortlived traveling thing

>>78966790
Disney dominates Theme Park attendance. Only non-Disney park in the top 10 Worldwide list is Universal Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amusement_park_rankings
>>
>>78966725
I would rather have seen the Pokemon Snap ride Warner Brothers Movieland Australia had when the first movie came out.
>>
>>78966819
>Petting zoo where you strap fire hoses to turtles and make them fight.

Kind of reminds me of this...
>>
>>78966752
>adding Russia ever
Disney hires too many gay people. Although you can add getting fucked up on vodka to the drinking around the world game.
>>
>>78941608
>Tomorrow Land in Disney World supposed to get an Alien-themed ride
>deemed too scary, so they rebrand the experience eXtraTerrorestrial: Alien Encounter and tone it down a little
>test ride for extraTerrorestrial too fucking scary, so they tone it down again
>regular ride too fucking scary, so they make it a Lilo & Stitch bullshit experience

It was the best thing Disney Parks did since Star Tours. So much better than the Mission to Mars ride. I'll miss you.
>>
File: world-showcase-expansion-1.gif (57 KB, 766x550) Image search: [Google]
world-showcase-expansion-1.gif
57 KB, 766x550
>>78966789
Image related. 1 is where the new Frozen meet and greet is being put up and the asterisk'd ones by Canada and UK are where World Showplace is currently.
>>
File: entei.jpg (182 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
entei.jpg
182 KB, 800x600
>>78966859
Like you don't want to ride a majestic carousel Entei.
>>
>>78967103
But does it have Dan Green's voice?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.