[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I picked this up the other day from the bargain bin and have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I picked this up the other day from the bargain bin and have been really impressed. The mysteries are tight and short and Silver Agey as fuck, Infantino's art is as fantastic as ever and the Dibney's relationship is really unique and depicted well.

Can anyone recommend other great cheapo Big 2 volumes that may get overlooked? Stuff from:

>Marvel Essentials
>Marvel Ultimate Collections
>DC Showcase Presents

Not the obvious Kirby F4 or Claremont X-Men runs.
>>
For the DC showcase Presents

Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
Captain Carrot

The horror and war anthologies can be great, but pretty sure most of them are out of print and expensive
>>
I have these showcases and they're all pretty good

Hawkman 1 and 2
Amethyst
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
War that time forgot
Green Lantern 1-5
Jonah Hex 1-2

also Moon Knight looks great as an essential
>>
I can't believe how good the Showcase Jonah Hex collections are. I would consider them essential to any collection
>>
>>78935484
>Phantom Stranger

This was good for the Neal Adams art but the Dr. 13 comics were awful
>>
File: Sue_Dibny_raped.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1003) Image search: [Google]
Sue_Dibny_raped.jpg
337 KB, 1280x1003
Also I finally get why this pissed off so many DC fans
>>
>>78937178
I found it very stimulating personally.
>>
What is the quality like on the Epic Collections?

I know they're replacing the Essentials altogether and they have that smart number system and full color
>>
>>78937871
I have the two Moon Knight Ones and vol 3 of Silver Surfer. I'm happy with them
>>
>>78937922

What's paper like?
>>
>>78938002
It seems comparable to the other older Marvel collections I have. Not super glossy
>>
>>78937178
Crisis of Conscience was a great story though.
>>
>>78938355
I mean Identity Crisis.

Sorry, sometimes I great crises mixed up.
>>
>>78935330
I really like the Enemy Ace stories.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.