[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all love King of the Hill here, but is anyone else glad it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
We all love King of the Hill here, but is anyone else glad it ended when it did? I struggle to think of even one episode I dislike from the majority of the show's run, but I can think of several awful episodes from last couple seasons right off the top of my head. I think even one more season longer and it would have been another Simpsons
>>
>>78933440
/thread
>>
Luanne died.

I got real into Tom Petty over it.
>>
on one hand, I'd be interested to see Hank deal with the problems we're all facing now

on the other hand, they'd probably portray it in a way that makes the SJWs look like the ones in the right.
>>
Like most shows, I think it really hit its stride in the mid-seasons. I'd much rather watch episodes from the earlier seasons because most of the newer seasons have a formula of Hank having to deal with the jackassery of someone else, and either he bests them or he learns to accept it or something like that.

but durhamrockerz's youtube poops of koth are some of the funniest things i've seen. Shame that he stopped doing them.
>>
>>78933440
Yes and it was honestly pretty bad by the time it got cancelled. Hell, I think it started to dip in season 6.
>>
>>78933821
>I'd be interested to see Hank deal with the problems we're all facing now

I think that was the whole problem with the later episodes, they were too topical. It stopped being about characters and more about "hey watch Hank deal with this modern social trend!"
>>
Nah OP your absolutely right. King of the Hill was a gem but all good things must come to an end sooner or later and we should be thankful Mike Judge learned to quite when he was ahead.

Still I wouldn't complain if he decides to make a movie.
>>
I'm just upset what it got replaced with rather than it ending.
>>
>>78933895
I would love a movie to see bobby as an adult etc.
>>
My only complaint was that the ending was kind of abrupt and lacked a lead up. Bobby's plot was like any other hundreds of "bobby has a new hobby" episodes that there had been up till that point. I dont mean they needed some sort of massive story arc, but maybe some sort of stakes, like some sort of massive change to Arlen or pivotal character leaving.
>>
>>78934048
Why? Arlen was just Arlen and the window into their daily lives closed. Show ended just fine, in fact I think it was pretty decent.

>>78933964
But where on the spectrum of Bobby being successful/failue and stayed in Arlen/moved to the big city would you like?

Personally I would like for him to have have gone out, maybe even been mildly successful and, for some reason, have to go back to Arlen. Maybe to stay or maybe to visit and gets stuck for some time. But then that might be getting into Lifetime movie territory.
>>
>>78933774
that's a pretty KOTH kinda thing to do, anon.

good on you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.