[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We talk a lot about the actors and actresses that are comic book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Mystique.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Mystique.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
We talk a lot about the actors and actresses that are comic book fans and/or love playing comic book characters in movies/tv/cartoons/whatever.

But which ones clearly hated being part of the superhero experience and pretty clearly don't care for it at all?

Pic related, for one. She doesn't even bother to hide it.
>>
>>78931796
>JLaw
>Portman
>January Jones
>Hopkins as well
>Elba is starting to
>Weaving
>Rourke, but this is more a result of hating the director
>>
>>78931961
Hopkins liked doing the "Thor" movies, but not enough to do a third.
>>
Glenn Close made it very clear that she only did GotG for the money.
She didn't hate doing the movie, but there wasn't much passion for the project. Apathy, probably.
>>
>I actually hate comic book movies, like fucking hate them, they just bore me shitless and they're just dumb
Heath Ledger on comic book movies
>>
Terrence Howard has probably thrown a shit fit or two over his "treatment"
>>
>>78932206
Of course he liked them, compared to theater it's easy work for a lot of money.

>>78931961
Everybody likes bitching about them, because they're not what anybody gets into acting to make. On the other hand, look at the way Harrison Ford has bitched about being Han Solo all his adult life and still came back for a paycheck he clearly doesn't need. Sometimes people are just venting because they had a bad time; do you quit your job every time you have a bad week?

Also, you missed Michael "Birdman" Keaton.

>>78931796
JLaw has the worst costume and they originally hired her not for her acting skills or popularity, but to stand around being nearly naked in a costume that still takes like four hours to get on and an hour to get off. Stick that to a 12 hour shooting day and it's not hard to see why she didn't enjoy it.

Plus as time has passed and she's come to be the focus of these movies because of her popularity, I'm sure she's worried that they'll end up typecasting her, and of course it can't help that she's probably getting fuck all for the work compared to literally anything else she could be doing, because they signed her when she was cheap.
>>
>>78933427
Except she was only half-naked in one scene, and they specifically sought her out because of her acting in "Winter's Bone".
>>
>>78933317

Terrence "Math Crystals" Howard is legitimately insane though.
>>
>>78933292
Source?
>>
>>78933292
>...But I thought what Chris Nolan did with Batman was actually really good, really well directed, and Christian Bale was really great in it
>>
>>78933546
>implying 1x1 doesn't equal 2
Open your mind
>>
>>78933879

Terrence pls
>>
>>78931961
>Portman
Given the content of her role, I wouldn't like too much to be a part of the "superhero experience".
Same for Elba.
>>
The guy that played Nightcrawler in X2 didn't make it past one movie because he hated the makeup so much.
>>
>>78931796
I get the feeling that most of the X-Men actors could give a shit. Jackman, Stewart, and Ian seem like the only ones who really put their all in and it shows. They and Fassbender really carry the movies. Bonus points for Kelsey Grammar too, I suppose

I think that's what the biggest issue of the X-movies is. Flat characters both in writing and acting save for the few that make the whole thing not total shit
>>
>>78934091
I love how Birdman made Hugh love Wolverine even more. It pretty much made him never want to be a pretentious twat that turns his back on what made him famous to do artsy bullshit just to feel validated.
>>
>>78934036
Alan Cumming, who really is above that sort of thing and probably also just wanted what he thought was a easy payday to fund more personal projects. I feel bad for him and Weaving, getting sucked in then realizing how fucked they are for months straight.
>>
>>78934091
Jackman, Stewart, McKellen, Fassbender, McAvoy and Marsden all genuinely loved their roles.
>>
>>78934231
Lo and behold, the only decent characters in the movie.

Though, I have to question Marsden. He ditched for that shitty superman movie. Fassbender and McAvoy both seem like the type to be "above" super shit but professional enough to knock it out of the park anyway, but what do I know?
>>
>>78934170
Cumming actually liked the role. The truth is no one likes the make-up process.

He only not returned to X3 because he thought it wasn't worth it going through all that hassle for a cameo.
>>
Also, Lawrence's face is ugly. It's the fucking cheeks.
I can't be the only one who doesn't care at all at the idea of seeing her half naked in blue paint.
>>
>>78934311
Singer was going to direct "X-Men 3". Only after he left and took Marsden with him that Fox got salty and decided they'd release it first, so Cyclops had to be killed off.

What is funny is that, had they not done that first, Singer would've taken Jackman, Jensen and Ashmore too.
>>
>>78934347
You are not alone.
Rebecca was a better Mystique.
>>
>>78934347
>I can't be the only one who doesn't care at all at the idea of seeing her half naked in blue paint.
She was in fappening anyway. No need to bother with the unrelated movie if you care that much.
>>
>>78931961
I hope Munn follows suit, but she won't because the money's too easy
>>
>>78934311

>Fassbender and McAvoy both seem like the type to be "above" super shit

Fassbender starred in an almost DTV Nazi zombie movie right before he hit it big in the US and McAvoy just came off of Victor Frankenstein, plus don't forget Wanted.

Both those guys don't have any issue doing silly shit. Fassbender pretty much wants to do Assassins Creed because he thinks the costumes are cool.
>>
>>78934441
We always need a terrible actress in X-Men. When it wasn't Halle Berry, they cast January Jones. Then January Jones is out immediately again and they get Halle Berry back. Now that she's out too, Munn has to step in to fill in the gap.
>>
>>78934528
I'd fill her gap.
>>
>>78934712
somehow I get the feeling this sentence is how every single thread on /co should end.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.