[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why doesn't some big name soda company make and sell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: slurm.jpg (61 KB, 592x327) Image search: [Google]
slurm.jpg
61 KB, 592x327
So why doesn't some big name soda company make and sell Slurm? I wish shit like this happened more often.
What are other fictional sodas/drinks you wish would get made?
Is this even /co/ related?
>>
>>78929983
Yeah man, why doesn't Mountain Dew release a Slurm can?
>>
>>78931120
>Mountain Dew
More like Surge
>>
File: nuka-cola-quantum.jpg (114 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
nuka-cola-quantum.jpg
114 KB, 560x420
>>78929983
Nuka Cola Quantum was sold at target for awhile. It can happen, it's just that the producers have to be willing to spend several million dollars on marketting for a subpar product.
>>
>>78931691
No way it actually glowed like that.
>>
Why don't the money makers behind shows attempt to market snacks in addition to toys? Once Spongebob or Adventure Time started to get popular, why not force the writers/artists to include a cheap snack item in the show that could be exploited?
>>
>>78931765

Of course not, because the shit making it glow in that picture is extremely toxic. Don't be dense.
>>
>>78931765
Yeah, someone cracked open a bottle and poured some glowstick fluid in it.
>>
Don't they still sell those Scooby Snack graham cracker cookie things? That ought to be proof it works
>>
>>78929983
Do you have access to a giant Slurm crapping queen alien slug? Besides your mom that is.
>>
>>78931927
Because making kids fat looks bad for a company's image.
>>
File: mikes.jpg (230 KB, 1000x629) Image search: [Google]
mikes.jpg
230 KB, 1000x629
>/co/ beverages

No thanks.
>>
File: Duff.jpg (320 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
Duff.jpg
320 KB, 980x980
>>
>>78931765
Tonic water and a blacklight will produce a sharp glow that makes for good pictures.
>>
>>78929983
Because Futurama was a cult, niche show that was cancelled of network TV the first time. Never mind, the name "Slurm" and everything around the drink IN THE SHOW was a satire against soda drinks to begin with.
>this anon wouldn't mind Bachelor Chow merch though. That "Now with FLAVOR!" always gets me.
>>
>>78932856
Don't do >this anon. This isn't fucking TV tropes.
>>
>>78932856
What would Bachelor Chow be?
I imagine like those taco-in-a-bag things. You know, ground beef, diced tomatoes, corn chips, lettuce and shredded cheese, all in a dog food bowl. You microwave it.
That actually sounds good, dammit
>>
>>78932829
I need to get me a black light.
>>
>>78933028
If you've ever eaten corned beef and hash from the dollar store, you're pretty much there I think.
actually fairly tasty, if you don't look at it while you eat
>>
1. Why would you want to actually make a product who satirical purpose to point out the unhealthy and addictive nature of soda?

2. Why don't you ask the mediocre Bubba Gump Shrimp seafood restaurant that were made cause of Forest Gump.
>>
>>78931691
>tfw checked Target for them but they sell out in like, hours

Why don't they make them faster? Shit would sell great if they'd only make more of it.
>>
File: cimg2982.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cimg2982.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>78931765
>>78932829
This shit glows pretty well under a black light as well. Never noticed that until I drank one at a party.
>>
>>78931120
Probably because it would negatively impact the image of their product due to the way slurm is presented in the show. They would be admitting their product is the stomach melting sludge it is.
>>
File: file.png (872 KB, 1024x712) Image search: [Google]
file.png
872 KB, 1024x712
>>78933287
It's the B vitamins I think, anything with lots of B will glow to some extent, shit looks cool at a party.
>>
>>78931146
That just came back. Too risky to take on another niche soda.
>>
>limiting the thread to fictional beverages
There'd be a lot more to talk about in this thread if it were about food too

For instance, I think the spongebob franchise really missed the boat on krabby patties. They could have made millions marketing frozen hamburgers, or maybe even real krusty krab resturaunts
>>
>>78933681
Eh, I think Krusty Krabs would only work in theme parks really.
I mean, unless the food was just top notch of course.
>>
>>78933287
I always gotta stock up on the cheapest energy drink for every lab report. I usually spill a bit for extra science.
Amp by far took me off guard for being so green. I didn't expect that at all.
>>
There is a brand of beer named Duff in mexico and they use the Simpsons' Duff logo
I have a bottle of it.
>>
>>78934037
I don't know shit about biology or chemistry. If you drink enough of that, will your sweat for the next hours glow? Or has it already been discharged or is it just not enough to be noticeable?
>>
>>78934699
there was a guy on /an/ that was feeding highlighter fluid to caterpillars to see if the resulting moths would have glowing wings

the results were interesting
most of them died
>>
>>78934957
Maybe glowstick juice mixed with milkweed milk would do it.
>>
>>78932745
Did that actually get realeased? I remember reading they were shopping around for recipes.
>>
>>78935219
officially licensed duff can be purchased on tap at springfield USA in universal, they have duff, duff light, and duff dry which is a stout
the beers are specially made for the park and only sold in that one area

you can also have a krusty burger, flaming moe, and lard land donut
>>
I imagine Slurm is basically pure Mountain Dew syrup.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.