[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe for all the shitty reboots and adaptations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Ben_10_logo.svg.png (82 KB, 991x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ben_10_logo.svg.png
82 KB, 991x1024
I can't believe for all the shitty reboots and adaptations we get, there still hasn't been a big budget Ben 10 film.

Don't count that shitty made for TV one, the budget was too low and it had a shit director. Ben 10 still hasn't gotten its proper adaptation.

There is easily enough cool lore to make some films. It could be like sci-fi Harry Potter where you see Ben and his friends grow up and learn to use their powers.

Plus imagine seeing Four Arms, Heatblast, XLR8, and all his baller aliens in live action with studio visual effects. It could be incredible.

I'm not sure who would direct, it would have to be someone really good with sci-fi and budget like Sam Raimi or Barry Sonnenfeld.
>>
>>78928656
It was a cheap and disposable cartoon made to sell toys that doesn't hold up.
>>
>>78928860
False

Kid turned into badass aliens and saved the day

teamed up with his grandpa who was a former agent of the men in black

its honestly more creative than the majority of superheroes.
>>
>>78928656
you know that the coming reboot is the first one in the series? regardless all the shit UAF-fags and Ovfags bark to each other neither of the 3 series were a reboot, they got some retcons at best but the coming series is the first reboot.
>>
>>78929131
OV was a soft reboot. It was still in the same canon but it shifted a lot of shit around sorta like Goldeneye.
>>
>>78929218
that is still a retcon to me, since most of the important events that happened in the past series still happened and even after the episode with the remade universe characters from the past series kept appearing.
>>
>>78928860
Real talk.

>>78928905
You're delusional. Ben 10 was always shit.
>>
it was going to get one, but it seems to be in Production hell

>>78929218
no it wasnt
>>
>>78929376
no it wasnt lol, his aliens were fucking awesome and some of the writing from Dwayne McDuffie was actually good.
>>
>>78929376
I would argue the OS was the only decent one. Now Ben 10,000, thats something worth looking into
>>
>>78928860
/thread

A lot of delusional children here though.
>>
>>78929400
Its due out 2017 , chill.
>>
>>78929376
>You're delusional
>for liking a show
rigghttt
>>
>>78929453
I always really wanted a Ben 10,000 show. It seemed like the most logical next step and could be like Batman Beyond with aliens.
>>
>>78929486
really? last i read it's been under wraps
>>78929492
I was hoping this it'd be the next series, idk what CN was thinking
>>
The OS ended fine, it was the best incarnation, and it established what future Ben had as an adult. So for me personally, I could care less what they do with the show. AF/UA were complete shit though
>>
>>78929517
any Ben 10 film is purely rumors. Ive read nothing concrete at all.

and I've heard CN is afraid of making a cartoon about anything other than a kid? in which case they could still just make a show about Ken with Ben as a grandpa Max character. young Ben's story is already played out, I want to see him as a chiseled veteran fighting aliens in the future.
>>
>>78929585
AF and UA had cool writing though and fleshed out some of the characters like Kevin and Gwen, plus Ben became more likable. Some of the aliens were kinda lame but I felt the writing was actually better than the OS.
>>
File: Spiderno.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Spiderno.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>78929623
How is there still AF and UA fans here who like to parrot that the show was better cuz muh mature and then shit on OV with muh retcons when UA and AF did it first and the worse ones too

AF is one thing, i enjoyed that tho until he got the original aliens back I kept wondering what the fuck was going on, also the Omnitrix a weapon is this shit serious?

but then UA comes around and I stopped watching it from there

I ignored OV for a long time till I kept hearing good things on here and I wasn't dissapointed
>>
>>78929422
>his aliens were fucking awesome

His aliens were lazy rehashes. Fire power alien, wow how original. Gotta go fast man, nobody has done that before. Ghost dude, water man, guy who makes up with brain what he lacks in brawn, guy who's just strong, but also has 2 extra arms that never really matter etc...

How old were you when you developed this inexplicable affinity for such an awful show?
>>
>>78929623
i disagree AF felt they were writing too safe and tried to be mature but turnout boring in the end, but at least it was competent, UA was a mess in wich they couldn't decide if they wanted to make Ben serious or give him some of his old personality, not to mention the dialogue wasn't up to the task of the plots they wanted to present, like a lot of plots in UA sound great on paper but the execution is so terrible it pretty much ruined them, and don't get me wrong OS and OV weren't perfect either but they didn't tried to be something that they are not
>>
>>78929586
they are still on the same mentality that kids only like watching shows about kids, i hope Bandai doesn't have as much control over the show as it use too, I'm still pissed they forbid the OV team from making more aliens after Gutrot
>>
>>78929733
> parrot that the show was better cuz muh mature

how is that not a valid merit? I liked seeing the characters mature and the story took itself more seriously. Ben 10 became more of an animated series than a saturday morning cartoon and thats what made it cool to me.

> also the Omnitrix a weapon is this shit serious?

it isnt, they said its essentially sci fi Noah's ark. Azmuth confirmed this.

>>78929743
Diamondhead looked fucking cool. How can you deny that? And even if their powers weren't super original, the designs themselves were cool looking.

>>78929782
> AF felt they were writing too safe and tried to be mature but turnout boring in the end,

really? huh I honestly never thought it was boring. It maintained a lot of entertainment value and blended humor and sci fi well. Then again one of my favorite films of all time is Men in Black so maybe it was just more suited towards my tastes.

> UA was a mess in wich they couldn't decide if they wanted to make Ben serious or not

I agree that UA was weaker. The last season or two were shit, and the ultimatrix was gimmicky. BUT I felt the writing was decent at first, and helped flesh out some of the characters. For example, we saw how Kevin escaped the Null void. it wasnt perfect but it had its merits, imo. plus it got darker and characters actually died.
>>
You guys probably know this already, but CN started going downhill when Ben 10 started.

In 2006:
>Shows such as Cow and Chicken, Time Squad, Looney Tunes were removed.
>Jim Samples went senile.
>CN aired the Re-animated movie.
>Saved by the Bell ran on Adult swim for April Fools'.
>Commercials with terrible characters like Fred Fred Burger and Cheese were spammed to appeal to middle schoolers.
>Inuyasha, Teen titans, Justice league unlimited, and others ended, severing all ties with the early 00s.
>CN really pushed that Ben 10 shit, even though nobody liked it.
>Adult Swim stopped the chill Japan bumpers and replaced them with clips of their characters doing wacky/lolrandom things.
>>
File: Ben_10k.png (169 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Ben_10k.png
169 KB, 720x544
>>78929925
really though Ben 10,000 is the coolest animated character of all time. just fucking look at him. his omnitrix gauntlet is sick. I hate that we'll never see more of him.
>>
>>78930011
> CN really pushed that Ben 10 shit, even though nobody liked it.

thats not true, it lasted for quite a while so obviously it had a fanbase

but honestly CN is fine currently. Gumball is a funny show with unique animation. its a bit tropey but whatever I enjoy it.

The real dark ages of CN was the live action shit. That was like them reverting back to medieval times.
>>
>>78930043
yeah i liked how the aliens aged too, and is even more annoying that we will never get a ben 10k series after OV pretty much combined the two coolest concepts of the OS that were Ben 10k and the possibility of fusing aliens, with the introduction of the biomitrix but we will never get more of that ever.
>>
>>78929959
>how is that not a valid merit? I liked seeing the characters mature and the story took itself more seriously. Ben 10 became more of an animated series than a saturday morning cartoon and thats what made it cool to me.
Ben 10 did all that, OV and UA did it the worse way tho Ben as extremely bland, OV gave him a bit of an unf and felt like his own flawed character

and I like me some characters growing and being mature but Ben wasnt anyone interesting or special in AF, he was pretty bland, shit was retconed up the wall that OV team figured they'd try to line it up and i think they did a good job not copying OV or AF and being kind of a mix of the two

>>78929959
>it isnt, they said its essentially sci fi Noah's ark. Azmuth confirmed this.
UA made it a weapon, that's what im crticizing

>>78930011
what are you blaming Ben 10 because CN wasnt how you wanted it, did you think Cow and Chicken and Time Squad was gona last forever?

>CN really pushed that Ben 10 shit, even though nobody liked it.
I remember liking it, i remember a ton of kids liking it and it was a toy cash cow, that why it's still around and not buried deep like other plot heavy action shows
>>
>>78928860
TMNT and transformers are also franchise made around selling toy, why don't you go bitch at them too?
>>
>>78929959
Azmuth did say "I designed the most powerful weapon in the universe" once but they quickly retconned that shit
>>
>>78930216
not that i agree with the other anon but in secret of the omnitrix which is still OS, Azmuth said he made the omnitrix so that species could felt how it was to walk in other's shoes and pretty much as a tool for peace. So he is at least right about the omnitrix not being originally meant as a weapon.
>>
>>78930193
> Ben 10 did all that, OV and UA did it the worse way tho Ben as extremely bland

No way, I love teenage Ben. Him and his friends are some of the most realistic teenagers I've seen in fiction. They aren't too smart, they talk about things that I would talk about, he has similar experiences, etc. He was also sorta funny and stupid. The only real difference between him and his ten year old version is that he was slightly less immature.

> UA made it a weapon, that's what im crticizing

fair point, wont disagree. honestly if they made a film adaptation I could do without the Ultimatrix, the omnitrix is cool enough as is.

> I remember liking it, i remember a ton of kids liking it and it was a toy cash cow,

you know whats weird about Ben 10? I loved it, and whenever I bring it up to people, a lot of them say "Yeah it was cool" but I never hear people talk about it on their own. I always have to bring it up. It has a rather quiet fanbase.

>>78930216
I interpret that as him saying he made a great tool for establishing peace, but others used it as a weapon. sorta like how cars are pretty dangerous weapons but were built as methods of transportation and not to kill.
>>
>>78930310
Yeah I know, that was the original statement. However what I was referring to was Azmuth in AF/UA
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.