[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Verdicts on ANAD Marvel? Too early to assess the numbers but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2
File: 635689708958153536-marvel.jpg (1 MB, 3200x1680) Image search: [Google]
635689708958153536-marvel.jpg
1 MB, 3200x1680
Verdicts on ANAD Marvel?

Too early to assess the numbers but a lot of smaller books are doing quite well (Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel and Silk)

Whor and Bendis-Ironman are selling well enough that there will not be a change any time soon

Starlord, Angela, Black Knight and Nova will be cancelled in 12

Xbooks doing worse than ever

Inhumans have multiple terrible books for some reason
>>
>Xbooks doing worse than ever
they may not be selling big numbers, but they're still outselling Inhumans despite how much pushing the latter has gotten
>>
>>78922520
>they may not be selling big numbers
Fewer books than usual
Lower numbers

It's sad

> but they're still outselling Inhumans despite how much pushing the latter has gotten
No one at any point bought into the Inhumans push, it was all to transparent
>>
>>78922242
Fuck off shill no one cares. This is now a DC thread.

What's your favorite DCYou ongoing?
>>
I like Squadron Supreme, Ultimates and Iron Man .

>>78922520
I find that very satisfying.

Aaron can choke on a bag of dicks.
>>
>>78922242
>Too early to assess the numbers but a lot of smaller books are doing quite well (Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel and Silk)
Spider-Gwen is selling worse than it was before they relaunched it
>>
>>78922242
Tons of ANAD books losing 60%+ of their sales by #2 or #3 is giving me some schadenfreude
>>
>>78925215
Spider gwen didn't even settle before they relaunched it.

Issues 4 to 5 had a loss of 20k sales
>>
So far the books I like, not in any particular order:

Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur
Silk
Ms Marvel
Totally Awesome Hulk
Vision
Antman

outside of that there are a few decent ones, but those ones are my favorites from the bunch, and that's not many to begin with
>>
>>78922242
What happened to the Citizen V/Thunderbolts book?
>>
>>78925178
>Aaron can choke on a bag of dicks
Aaron is writing neither the X-men nor the Inhumans. He hasn't written an x-book in years, and I don't think he's ever written anything Inhumans related.

I don't see how he's relevant to the XvI pissing match.
>>
>>78925364

I bet Civil War 2 sets it up
>>
>>78922242
Another ANAD thread?

Is this thread not enough?
>>78921937

Also, fuck Marvel, I want to talk about Omega Man. Just read issue #4 and I already feel like someone punched me in the gut.

Also, X-books are doing fine. I would worry more about New Avengers, Hercules, Ultimates, and other marvel's crap
>>
>>78922774
I am slowly getting into it. I have a lot to catch up.
>>
>>78925678
>Also, fuck Marvel, I want to talk about Omega Man
Then make a thread.
>>
>>78925634
He is writing a horrible Dr. Strange book and has Whor.

I still don't understand why they didn't give Strange to Gillen given how well he did with Marvel's mystic side with JIM.
>>
>>78925757
I'd rather derail this one.
>>
>>78922774
All the ones selling less than 15K Anon :,(
>>
>>78922774
DCYou has been good, I have been more a DC fan anyway (no hate to Marvel, just how I was raised is all)

The DCYou books I currently love are:
Grayson
JL3K1(hopefully it' still good with the new team)
Action Comics
Superman
Batman/Superman
Midnighter
Constantine
Robin Son of Batman ( I hope it goes back to form after the Robin arc)
Starfire
Prez
>>
>>78925788
>He is writing a horrible Dr. Strange book and has Whor.
OK, but I don't see what that has to do with the inhuman and x-books not selling gangbusters.
>>
>>78925853
Was Bizarro good? I'm not really up to date, but I definitely am interested in Dick and Midnigter
>>
>>78925853
for those curious to my Marvel picks check out here
>>78925332
>>
>>78925844
Same
Basically all but 2-3 books I'm following are selling less than 20k. If Marvel weren't giving Vision copies away then that would join them.
>>
>>78925869
Bizzarro was a good short, I am trade waiting for it actually.
IT was a nice self contained story about Bizzarro and Jimmy travelling in hopes of finding a place for Bizzarro to fit in, I hope it gets a sequel series down the line
>>
>>78925869
it's plenty fun, but it's not the epitome of all things good. It's a cute Bizarro/Jimmy book where they go on a roadtrip to Canada
>>
>>78925908
>>78925909
okay. might look more into it.
>>
All I follow is Ms. Marvel and is good.
>>
>>78925869
>I definitely am interested in Dick and Midnigter

You won't be disappointed, Midnighter has a very action heavy feel with some real good looks into his mind and how he sees things

Grayson is just a great spy book with a cheeky Dick Grayson and is great because Tim Seeley is clearly having a great time with the writing, also the art is usually pretty top notch
>>
>>78925974
In regards to Agent 007 Dick, I remember some storytimes. It was over-the-top sometimes, but in a good way. It gave me a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>78925236
That happens to every book newfag.
>>
>>78926037
>Be a DCYou Book
>Have no loss of sales whatsoever because it was already so low before
>Get revived from cancellation, actually get a lower number of sales

Such is the life
>>
>>78922774
From DC my current favorites/what I liked last year:

>Midnighter
>Omega Men
>Prez
>Grayson
>Section 8
>Constantine: The Hellblazer
>Starfire
>Darkseid War GL and Shazam
>Valentine's Catwoman
>Secret Six
>Legend of Wonder Woman
Really enjoyed the first issue of Swamp Thing too. Want to check out Robin SOB and Martian Manhunter, heard good things about them.

For Marvel
>Vision
>Squadron Supreme
>Hercules
>Scarlet Witch
>Karnak
>>
>>78926082
I almost wish DC was more cynical in their advertising.

Justice League 3001 is now an all-girl team with wildly diverse personalities and nobody is shilling it.
>>
>>78926131
Section 8 had some nice meta references, but I think that 2015 year was weak for Ennis. I really felt like he was taking a piss at everything, including himself and his own works.
>>
>>78926168
I believe that karma is a bitch.
Marvel's top talent left.
The main bread and butter of Marvel is Star Wars, something that is not even their own IP, and their only IPs that are selling moderately stable are Deadpool, Spider-Man and X-Men, two properties that they can't use in the movies. It's a matter of time, before it crashes down on marvel.
>>
>>78926173
Section Eight was a real letdown for me. It was too irreverent, too disjointed to enjoy. I know it's Six Pack but I still expected more.

Where Monsters Dwell, on the other hand, was good shit. Loved every issue and I hadn't even read the previous stuff with the character.
>>
>>78926037
Uh, not upwards to 60%-70% that early, no.

It used to be more like losing 50-60% by issue 4 or 5 and either staying there or gradually dropping a couple hundred to 1k each issue after.
Variants have muddled things a lot, even the 1:1 kind since some are more popular than others. The Joker variants were much more popular than the TTG variants and sales dropped that month because of it despite being pretty high the month before.
Speculation has muddled things too. Spider Gwen's sales had horrible drops for the entire first volume, and losing 20k between issues 4 and 5 used to be not normal.
>>
>>78926275
You're bizarro /co/mrade.
>>
>>78926168
>Justice League 3001 is now an all-girl team with wildly diverse personalities and nobody is shilling it.

They should have done that earlier when Porter was on the book and when there was still people caring about it. After Giffen/DeMatteis tried to shill their old Justice League I dropped it like hotcakes.
>>
>>78926275
>Loved every issue and I hadn't even read the previous stuff with the character.
I guess that's why you loved it. The thing is, both felt like a caricature of Ennis. In Section 8 Ennis shills his Etrigan run through Phantom Strange / Etrigan singing duo, which felt for me like "no one reads it, so let's do whatever the fuck I want".

Where Monsters Dwell however feels like Ennis took a huge leak at feminists, sjws by giving them exactly what they want. It felt like Ennis thought "people are morons, let's play along"
>>
>>78926173
I really enjoyed Section 8, but the ending was a bit anti-climatic. That's probably the only complaint I have about it, everything else worked for me.

Midnighter, Prez and Omega Men are my top 3 though, enjoyed every issue so far. Grayson is also pretty close, but I wasn't that impressed with the Gotham issue (aside from the Damian bit) and the Robin War crossover is eh. Very excited about the next arc though, looks pretty crazy from the solicitations.
>>
>>78926316
So does Marvel actually have any incentive to do better in capes? They could tank the whole line and still be a valuable Disney asset because of the movies.
>>
>>78926273
>The main bread and butter of Marvel is Star Wars, something that is not even their own IP

You do know that has been true for Marvel's best days. SW the very first mini series by Roy Thomas adapted ANH saved the company from bankruptcy. And of course even in Marvel's best days they had a large shared of licensed characters and books such as ROM, Transformers, GI Joe, Godzilla, Fu Manchu, Conan and Micronauts.
>>
>>78922242
I am thinking Star-Lord will just change writer and get another #1 there is no way they will cancel it, same gies with Angela since Marvel doesn't want them buying her to be for nothing.

Black Knight will get cancelled though.
>>
>>78926368
The ending of Section 8 was probably supposed to be a jab at us, the comic book readers. We are the drunken hobo, foaming at mouth and caring about superheroes saving the world. So Ennis gave us Superman's cape to cover us while it's cold and sleep in our imaginary world.
>>
>>78926419
In their "best" days they had something that they don't have now: millions of their comics being sold, variety (they also had an Epic imprint for adult comics, marvel graphic novels), and quality.

However, marvel's only best days were when Shooter was ruling them with iron fist.
>>
>>78926366
>giving them exactly what they want
>Bikini Cheesecake Island

Like I get that they're Strong Independent Amazons but this wasn't a blogger-pandering thing.
>>
>>78926411
Nope.

They could literally smear their own shit on the pages and it'll still do okay. Anyway they could get rid of 75% of their MU books and add 15+ Star Wars books and be just fine.
>>
>>78926498
it wasn't? what about the dame that needs no man? do you want me to link some reviews?
>>
>>78926498
Women being in bikini is empowering, especially if these women keep men in cages, are strong as fuck, and kill other tribe of men without any effort.
>>
>>78926511
Disney doesn't need marvel COMICS, they only need their IP for merchandise. If marvel comics sales go down, they can just shut their doors. Just because marvel is owned by Disney, doesn't mean that Disney has to support them infinitely. And we all know that there is an unofficial competition between various departments, especially when Perlmutter got btfo from Movies.
>>
>>78926273
Well, that's what happens when you treat everyone around like shit. Marvel goofed by dividing their own fanbase with AvX. Civil War was a success because it was Avengers vs Avengers. Schism was a success because it was X-Men vs X-Men. AvX soured their fanbases, and turned toxic towards each other.

I swear, since AvX, Marvel was going straight downhill. And now they reached a point, where no one really cares anymore.
>>
>>78926522
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that feminists liked it, but there's still a fun story in there.

I don't think all the stronk women were there to pander to a feminist reader. I think they were there to humiliate the main character, who is a legitimate scumbag. The story serves to shit on him and make him live on an island of shit like he deserves.
>>
>>78926682
Why would they care? Disney's doing half of work for them when it comes to shilling.
>>
>>78926700
I don't think his intention was to pander. He was ridiculing them, by giving them their fantasy. The main character was a little more of a shitbag than previously, and he was bullied by a sister of a dude that bullied him for lolz and no deep reason. The book really felt full of malice, and it says a lot if you enjoyed it unironically, dear anon.
>>
>>78926765
>Why would they care?
Because they fail to keep the books afloat, and have to use gazillion variants, and constantly relaunch the book, while 4 years ago, they didn't have a problem with continuing Journey into Mystery or Captain America with it's numbering, instead of restarting it.

And there is this pretty popular article recently by an LCS owner, who is deeply concerned about the future of being an LCS owner.
>>
>>78926765
That's what I'm talking about. Treat everyone like shit, and that shit will fling back at you at some point.
>>
Just based on Vision thus far I'm pretty underwhelmed by Tom King. His Omega Man and that GL one shot was awesome though. Hulk is great. The little bit I've read of Hercules is awesome as is the continuation of Deadpool. Stegman has gotten better on the Avengers but it's still fairly bad which I'm really sad to see. Ewing has me intrigued with the Ultimates and I'm still waiting on some Citizen fuckin' V.
>>
>>78926815
Daddy Disney will cover up money they need. Compare Disney to Time Warner. TW gives zero fucks about comics, doesn't shill or anything. Meanwhile, Disney turns on propaganda for "first Asian-American superheroine".
>>78926848
And next hero vs hero event starts, people go and buy it hoping to see hero they hate get beaten.
>>
Are the new Vision, Cap, Illuminati, and Ultimate's worth reading?
I mainly read comics for the art, but, in the past I've been severely disappointing when my favorite artist leaves the book, and I'm stuck reading a sub-par story with shit art.

Also, nobody ever seems to talk about Weirdworld, I guess that'll get canceled eventually?
>>
>>78926766
I'll have to reread it soon, then, because I only read it as an adventure comedy.
>>
>>78926815
Fuck LCS owners

For a board that really hates Diamond, you sure love to its dick.
>>
>>78926976
Yes, dunno, no, dunno. If you read for art, then read Ultimates.
>>
>>78926905
>Daddy Disney will cover up money they need
Why would they give money for a company that brings them losses? Marvel has to justify its existence

>And next hero vs hero event starts, people go and buy it hoping to see hero they hate get beaten.
Axis sold badly. Civil War II will sell good, because movies
>>
>>78927031
Anon, you misunderstand me. I want LCS to burn. I want comic books market to crash. Painfully. The comics will survive, but this market has to crash, before it can become good again.
>>
>>78926976
Read Vision, yes.

Haven't been impressed by the rest, but you could check them out.
>>
>>78927042
>Why would they give money for a company that brings them losses? Marvel has to justify its existence
Why would Marvel push books that don't sell? I still wait for Carol to justify her existence.
>>
>>78926976
Absolutely, yes, not if you're reading it for the art, and yes.

Weirdworld's art continues to be amazing, but it has Marvel's worst writer working on it.
>>
>>78927031
If brick-and-mortar comic shops die, our hobby will be exclusively in conventions and the internet. Like anime fans. Do you want comic fans to be like anime fans, anon?
>>
>>78927067
I really hope those two digital-to-trade minis that DC are doing does well. I'd love to see them do more of that so floppies can just die already.
>>
>>78927103
>Why would Marvel push books that don't sell? I still wait for Carol to justify her existence.
Because pandering, PR, long-term game. Also, they are deluded that it will finally bring them some profits. Someday.

Plus, exception to the rule. They can allow themselves one continuous stinker. It will however end after the movie is long out
>>
>>78927151
Are they better than comic fans?
>>
>>78927207
No.
>>
>digital only floppies
>physical trades after 6 issues
We just need to kill Diamond first.
>>
>>78927281
Step by step.
>>
>>78927236
Then we won't be like them! Asian Hydra must be stopped!
Shame, I'd enjoy to be part of fanbase that doesn't want to murder everyone.
>>
>>78927031
>>78927067
>memeposting
>>
>>78927151
I am in for comics as visual story-telling art form.

Sorry, you are still stuck in HS mentality.
>>
>>78927359
dear anon #4345509887843254465656757
xoxo

-anon #242535353535 on wapanese board
>>
>>78927371
Don't you get friction burns from masturbating that hard?
>>
>>78927371
>I am in for comics as visual story-telling art form.

You don't sound like it
>>
File: 14465754736524.png (2 MB, 3776x3836) Image search: [Google]
14465754736524.png
2 MB, 3776x3836
>Still no Death's Head comic
>>
>>78926419
Transformers was the most successful comic Marvel UK ever had. At its peak sales rivalled the Radio Times.
>>
>>78927185
If you are talking about Whor she sells better sadly than every version and creative team pre and post-disassembled. In her case the pandering has delivered.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.