[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best animated film of all time? I'd say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: tig.jpg (977 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
tig.jpg
977 KB, 1200x1600
What's the best animated film of all time? I'd say it's either The Iron Giant or End of Evangelion. On one hand you have a smart live-and-let-live parable, full of glancing, acute observations on all kinds of big subjects. On the other, a dark, brutal, psychedelic orgy of sex and violence. It's a difficult choice.
>>
This will inevitably turn into a discussion of how EoE is shit, and that's not /co/ related.
>>
File: ig-49.gif (61 KB, 630x261) Image search: [Google]
ig-49.gif
61 KB, 630x261
>>
I don't understand why you would hold The Iron Giant above The Incredibles, the superior Brad Bird work and greatest, at least, western animated film.
>>
>>78919481
haha, what a weeb.

Prince of Egpyt if you really have to know.
>>
>>78919481
TIG is a good film but it isn't even a contender for GOAT
>>
File: 62583711.jpg (82 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
62583711.jpg
82 KB, 400x400
>>78919527
Not OP but because 3D Animation is Dreck!
>>
File: Guaranteed tears.gif (913 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Guaranteed tears.gif
913 KB, 500x210
You know what's behind the spoiler
>>
>>78919481
To be quite honest, I didn't find The Iron Giant to be all that dark, myself.
>>
The line starts after Akira.

Everything else just competing for 1st loser.
>>
File: 936.jpg (105 KB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
105 KB, 630x480
>>78919481
End of Evangelion is kind of shit desu senpai. Not quite as shit as the original show ending because it's at least got some very pretty animation, I'd certainly hesitate to call it good. It's an interesting conversation piece because it's an expression of how much the director hated his fans, but as a movie it is poorly structured and full of itself. When you realize and accept this much, Evangelion as a whole becomes a much more enjoyable experience because you can appreciate the good parts while at least understanding the reason behind the shitty parts.
>>
>>78919481
Beware the pinnacle of western animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4ejwSa-K8
>>
>>78919481
I remember when I watched it as a kid. It was good, but that was it. I would never expect that this movie would become such a meme almost 20 years later on a wapanese board.
>>
>>78919481
Thief and the Cobbler you octople nigger
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.