[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power Rangers Comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 22
File: H0TIqFG.jpg (1012 KB, 914x1405) Image search: [Google]
H0TIqFG.jpg
1012 KB, 914x1405
Discuss
>>
>>78917800
The comic displaying abilities that the show zords never used or what?
>>
>>78917812
Just the fact that the Power Rangers comic will be better than the show could ever be.
>>
>>78917800
Looks significantly less ridiculous as a comic.
>>
The art style just doesn't fit the tone and actual aesthetics of Power Rangers.

Then again, the writing is probably going to take itself too seriously for its own good.
>>
>>78917800
wow the pink ranger DID somehing
>>
>>78917837
>The art style just doesn't fit the tone and actual aesthetics of Power Rangers.
Might be a good thing.
>>
File: UIFRgOS.jpg (509 KB, 912x1403) Image search: [Google]
UIFRgOS.jpg
509 KB, 912x1403
>>78917837
Shut the fuck up, this art style looks amazing.
>>
>Megazord in first panel is resized and flipped in last panel.
>Dragonzord was probably repurposed from another page as well.

I'd think it's a cute running gag if they did it for a once-an-issue thing like the transformations/pre-battle poses, but that's troubling.
>>
>>78917800
I don't know the context here. Did she save people in those cars but dumps them anyway?
>>
File: yjgQiqo.jpg (835 KB, 912x1403) Image search: [Google]
yjgQiqo.jpg
835 KB, 912x1403
I don't know how I feel about the humor yet. Still, this beats a pie to the face any day.
>>
>>78917858
In splash pages and pinups, sure, but for an actual comic about Power Rangers? All the preview pages they've shown so far have mediocre page composition, sketchy ass lines at points, weird inking, weird panel transitions, not too much energy or action being conveyed, and the tone of the visuals isn't quite the same as the dialogue.

What I'm saying is this art's competent, but it's probably not suited for a Power Rangers book. Also
>>78917864
>>
>>78917868
These are just previews but I would assume she saved them, retard. Do you really need context to put that together?
>>
>>78917891
Go back to rangerboard faggot. This comic looks fucking hype.
>>
>>78917893
Wow. You're pretty sensitive.
>>
>>78917800
Aww shit I'm hype as fuck.
>>
>>78917903
No, you're just really dumb if you couldn't put the square in the square hole.
>>
>>78917901
It was a pretty dumb question though.
>>
>>78917864
>Megazord in first panel is resized and flipped in last panel.

I wish people would stop pretending to know what they're talking about.

Look again, the megazord on those panels the colors are off, the triceratops foot in exchanged with the the Tiger leg, and the shield is on the other arm, also there's no water dripping off of the zord on the bottom panel.

Who are you trying to impress? You're anonymous, no one gives a shit if you know what you're talking about or not, but people will call you out if you're an idiot.
>>
>>78917914
I've seen art mistakes in the past so no. Not really un-questionable.

Also, holy shit. You really need to pull that thorny stick out of your ass.
>>
>>78917942
Ohh so you admit that you knew what was going on, you just wanted to whine. What's wrong? Hit a nerve?
>>
>>78917917
I think you quoted the wrong dude
>>
>>78917901
>Anyone who has any criticism of my beloved children's television programs and their adaptations is automatically a raging nerd! REEEEEEE!

Oh fuck off. THIS page over here
>>78917878
is actually pretty good and is the kind of style and composition the rubber suit parts of the book could use (with a bit more action and spectacle). The goofier, campier aspects of the book need a level of abstraction to convey the same sort of decisive divide they have from the unsuited characters in the show.
>>
File: 1436440259124.png (39 KB, 353x365) Image search: [Google]
1436440259124.png
39 KB, 353x365
>>78917952
You're replies screams of severe sensitivity over power rangers. Whatever you are on, you should really take it easy.
>>
>>78917980
>Y-you're just being sensitive
You're just being a fucking moron. You clearly knew what the fuck was going on. You weren't asking a question, you were pulling passive aggressive bullshit that rangerboard is known for.
>>
>>78917999
I have no idea what the fuck rangerboard is. If you're getting triggered this hard from an outside forum then that's your problem. Not everyone is into your hangouts.
>>
>>78917800
Didn't the Megazord have a shared cockpit?

How did she move back to her own zord quick enough to disengage and pilot her zord to catch those cars?
>>
>>78918013
Yeah, nah. You're a cunt.
>>
>>78917932
Best case scenario: He traced his own art and made a few changes.
Worst case scenario (and more likely): He made a base pose for the Megazord, had the Mastadon hand as a drawing on a separate layer, resized them both and flipped the Megazord, and added water effects on the top Megazord drawing. The colorist kept things consistent and the differences in detail are due to the inker having the two different, copy pasted Megazords in different resolutions to ink separately.

The second option is more likely because the dumbass forgot to fix the M's on its pauldrons.
>>
>>78918023
Of all the things that don't make sense in Power Rangers, that's what you focus on, a timing question?
>>
>>78917800
>individual Zords being useful

What is this sorcery?
>>
>>78918023
Bad art direction
>>
>>78917878
>Screams have no mass, you're not supposed to be able to fill them!
I chuckled...
>>
File: 1412186582022.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1412186582022.gif
2 MB, 356x200
Please stop arguing with legit autists.

Power Rangers fans are nearly Thomas the Tank Engine level. You will never be able to reason with them.
>>
>>78917878
>Do you know what I made? A SCREAMING JAR, to safely release the multi-faceted stress you provide me daily.

I hope we get to see that jar.

I hope it gets turned into a monster by the villains.
>>
>>78918082
>Bulk and Skull save the day by annoying it so much that it screams until it implodes.
>>
>>78918080
>Power Rangers fans are nearly Thomas the Tank Engine level. You will never be able to reason with them.
I got CWC vibe level of retardedness from this thread but that works too.
>>
>>78918080
>calls Power Rangers autistic level
>posts a literal Super Sentai autist
Get the fuck outta here. >>>/m/
>>
>>78918082
The Screaming Jar!
Powered by screams, uses sonic-sound based attacks.
I can see it.
>>
>>78918106
If you seriously think anything in this thread is CWC level you are incredibly mistaken. Stop exaggerating.
>>
>>78918097
>Bulk: Hot dang, Skull. We've created some kind of SCREAMularity!
>Kimberly: Can we...you know. Just let them-?
>Jason: No. I...no...it wouldn't be right.
>Kimberly: But it would feel so good.
>>
>>78918106
It's not that low, man, but they've got these weird hangups on continuity and minutiae that makes some of the lowest rungs of Sanic look tame. They almost always end up either tearing the shows apart for incidental bullshit that doesn't matter or screaming at anyone who dares to criticize it, too.

Shit's weird. You'd think they'd just enjoy their dumb sentai.
>>
>>78918133
What I find utterly pathetic is how pretentious Rangerboard is over their children shows.
>>
>>78918158
Pathetic, i meant hilarious.
>>
>>78917800
>Now that's how you floor it girl
Perfect.
>>
I really love those costumes. Might just be nostalgia, but I think they look great.
>>
Amazing what you can do when freed from the shackles of stock footage.
>>
>>78917819
Not like that's hard to do.
>>
>>78918108
Do you even Akibaranger bro? It's a comedy, not a sentai, about sentai autists.
>>
>>78917800
>>78917858
>PR comic
>actually normal-bodied rangers and not EVERYONE HAS SUPERMAN PECS NOW
Dang, things have changed since last time I read one of those.
That was about a decade ago, but still.
>>
>>78917800
Meh
I'd read a Power Rangers/Transformers cross over though
>>
>>78917800
It's kinda weird how they have lips and no one ever gave a shit about that.
But giving Snake Eyes lips in GI Joe and everyone flipped their shit.
>>
>>78917800
Geewun is a cancer
>>
>>78917837
>take itself too seriously
I'm hoping they do, at least because it would mean a possibility of a threatening Zedd.
Post-marriage with Rita Zedd is a fucking joke and not in a good way.
>>
>>78917901
>>78917999
Rangerboard is a fucking hugbox, what the fuck are you even smoking
>>
>>78920985
Hahahaha haha. No.
>>78920637
Aren't you mommy's favorite hipster
>>
>>78921042
This has nothing to do with hipsterism. focusing on the original iteration of a franchise that has sinxe developed beyond it is wrong no.matter who does it. Pokemon,Transformers, Yugioh,Ben 10... It's throwing out years of quality for cheap nostalgia .I personally hope this acts as a deeper delve into Zordon era lore but this is a power ranger book that is ignoring the vast majority of power rangers
>>
>>78921183
>since developed beyond
Fuck you. MMPR is more iconic. of COURSE they are going to start with it's iconic origins. They tried pumping out Samurai and Megaforce comics and they did poorly. Go back to rangerboard to complain about Tommy.
>>
>>78921183
>ignoring the vast majority
It's not even fucking out yet. Plus it's going to do its own thing. it doesnt HAVE to adhere to the constraints of the sentai footage. They can get crazy power ups, or new costumes all together. Maybe something to fit with their dinosaur motif. The point is, they want a fresh start on the iconic franchise, and you are nothing less than delusional to believe they would start elsewhere than the beginning of the phenomenon
>>
>>78921183
Same chick here, I was wrong to call you a hipster. You're a contrarian faggot, there.
>>
File: powerful rangers fuck yeah.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
powerful rangers fuck yeah.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>78917800

I love Powerful Rangers!
>>
>>78921214
I wish RPM had a follow-up comic. The ending made me want more.
>>
>>78921042
Blind faggotry is grade A rangerboard material

>>78921183
>It's throwing out years of quality for cheap nostalgia
What quality? Seriously, apart from your few outliers like RPM, not many people liked the Disney era while it was running, and especially not compared to the more recent run of seasons.

Not that nolstalgia-fagging isn't annoying, but you can't blame them when the majority of people will still be surprised Power Rangers is even running.
>>
>>78921270
THIS

The new Voltron cartoon actually hit on the idea of the lions having interchangeable weapons depending on which lion component was featured. The Japs came up with some decent concepts, but US writers expand upon it. The Morphing Grid for example is something the Japs never thought of.
>>
>>78921345
Where was anon being blind? They were just saying that it makes sense to start at the beginning if they are going to reboot the comic franchise. it is solid logic.
>>
We get a Power Rangers comic but we still can't do this to the monsters?!
>>
>>78921345
The Disney era gets too much hate. We got Forever Red and Once a Ranger. And Ninja Storm is probably one of my favorite seasons after RPM.
>>
>>78921270
>>78921214
You can still do iconic without being derivative, Tf vs Gi Joe.

And you misunderstood. I wasn't saying it was the comics fault, OF COURSE they are going to go off mmpr. But that's a symptom of a wider phenomena when something gets big, and then after it's "fad age" is over, that one slice of time defines the franchise forever despite it still ongoing. In pop culture. TMNT is forever the 80s cartoon
Transformers is always g1
Pokemon is the original cartoon and gameboy games
And Power Rangers is MMPR.

It's limiting, especially when a franchise goes long running and by sheer Sturgeon's law, you get really good stuff overshadowed by the eariler, less polished vesions because it was in the zeitgeist

It's like if the image of Batman was still stuck at 66.Yes it had it's charm
but Batman is so much more than that.

I am not saying fuck g1,I am saying fuck GEEWUN, the concept of over focus on one era of a work due to nostalgia and fads rather than quality.

A straight up comic retelling of Zordon era lore would be awesome, especially now that they can stich the space opera stuff more holistically than the show did when it wrote on the fly.

But it's limiting that they couldn't, for example do an entire "original season" freed from the fetters of stock footage, or an epic crossover, or an Ancient power rangers flashback
or an SPD space opera, or any other countless possibilities because Nostalgia has poisoned the well.
>>
>>78921408
Because we're not murderous freaks like Japs. US heroes are supposed to do better than kill.
>>
>>78921400
About rangerboard. I'm in agreement with the latter point.
>>
Wait, does that mean there's hope for new Beetleborgs comics or does no one care as much as they do about MMPR?
>>
>>78921214
Samurai and Megaforce were just crappy tv tie ins to crappy shows.

That's like comparing IDW Mtmte with there RiD books.
>>
>>78921451
I would kill to see Zordon's past rangers in action and how everything came to be.
>>
>>78921475
I want VR Troopers
>>
>>78921476
You're still delusional if you think a proper reboot of the comic should start with anything less iconic then the beginning. Yes, there are some AMAZING Power Ranger seasons that trump MMPR, but MMPR IS the iconic image of the franchise. They are now going to bring it into the modern age, so that it isn't as corny. MMPR will simply sell more.
>>
>>78921345
Mmmpr wasn't the best series
just the most iconic.

SPD , Time Force, RID, In Space, Lightspeed Rescue, Wild Force. ...i mean it would be easier to list the ones not better than it.

Model Ts don't win races.

There is a reason The Kane Finger run is no ones favorite Batman series.

It usually take development over time for a franchise like this to really develop.

You ever play the first sets of Magic or Yugioh? Almost unplayable but had the seeds for something greater.

You eat apples, not apple seeds
>>
>>78921512
And Mystic Knights then.
>>
>>78921533
Zeo > In Space
Outside of Psycho Rangers arc In Space felt pretty bland.
>>
>>78918080
Hi /ssg/ :3
>>
>>78921490
And they may cover that, but seeing something so.aggressively. ..cynical is disheartening.

Especially due to modern comic pacing meaning it will be years before we really get deep into anything.

We will spend Half a fucking year on like, one Green Ranger episode.
>>
>>78921562
I loved Zeo but you're selling Space short. Space dealt with a lot if issues like Zordon being captured, Astronema being Karone, TJ stepping down as Red and coming to terms with Andros as leader, and so much more.
>>
>>78921550
>>78921512
I want los luchadores :^)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TUmWwXws9z4
>>
>>78921522

You again confuse me. I know why they had to do it, the problem is that it was necessary to begin with.

>>78921451
It's not just PR, it happens to a lot of long running franchises.
>>
File: YELLOW.png (271 KB, 921x916) Image search: [Google]
YELLOW.png
271 KB, 921x916
>>78920181
I find them cute
>>
>>78921631
It was time for a fresh start, plus MMPR is relevant again due to the movie coming out. There doesn't need to be a special reason. I'm just glad it's getting a proper touch up.
>>
>>78920181
It is a sentai, be is unofficial as it is. It has the tropes of sentai, the themes of sentai, and even past sentai alumni. It's literally a sentai about autists.
>>
>>78918158
As opposed to /co/?
>>
>>78921454
But he isn't a person, but a freaky monster thing.
Even Superman kills creatures like Doomsday as stuff.
>>
>mighty morphin shit

>not a good series like space and time force
>>
>>78920985
Rangerboard hates everything
>>
>>78921681
The movie is MMPR for the exact same reason. And the fact that the fresh start is a mmpr retelling is exactly my point, I am not against Mmpr, I am against disproportionate focus on it.
>>
>>78921373
>he doesn't understand the super sentai damashii

As for the morphing grid, it is hardly brought up in the Neo saban season
>>
>>78921451
Your Batman example is a false equivalence. If anything this new comic could do for MMPR what the comics/Animated series did for Batman. You're not even giving it a chance, you're just doom saying because it's not a comic about your favorite season, that frankly, no body but the niche fandom has seen.

Let the comic be it's own thing, and play out the MMPR story in ways that only a comic could do. There are no longer any restraints as to what the stock footage brings, you're just upset just to be upset. You're whining over something you haven't even read or given a chance. So basically, you're being classic /co/.

You don't KNOW how the rangers will be represented, or HOW the story will unfold, or HOW different it will be. Just because they use the iconic beginnings, doesn't mean it's going to stick to the source as close as possible.
>>
>expanded universe
>modern technology in 1990's

Immersion lost
>>
>>78921583
No. The comic writer already said that prequel/back stories like that are unnecessary and detracts from an actual story. He doesn't want t have to rely on that cheap, easy stuff. Added lore is nice, but it doesn't have to be in the form of a past backstory.
>>
>>78921884
It needed a fresh start. It was iconic. They made the right choice. You're just being a whiny contrarian.
>>
>>78921963
MMPR doesn't take place in 1990 in this universe.
>>
>super sentai vs power rangers fags

Get over yourselves, you are both shit compared to ultraman
>>
>>78921317
I'm a PR fag and even I know that that's complete bullshit.
>>
>>78922032
Then why should I care for non-canon malarkey
>>
So what is this shit? A soft reboot?
>>
>caring for expanded universe
>for a show that ended 20 years ago
>>
Will they make a combined Zord out of the ones in use from all the series later?
>>
>nostalgia pandering
>the first issue is a Jason David frank circle jerking comic

Fuck this shit
>>
>>78921562
come on anon: rangers go to space, lone survivor red, astronema is his sister, first batlizer, psycho rangers, zordon dies.

shit was cash. and with the feel of a more overarching plot it had, bland is honestly not something i'd call it, even if i hadn't liked it.
>>
File: 1417279114959.gif (854 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
1417279114959.gif
854 KB, 352x240
>>78922308
>implying the Green Ranger wasn't the hottest shit

Tommy was always cool but there's something about the Green Ranger that made him extra awesome.
>>
>>78921451
While you're right about all people do is get obsessed over one era I is just the freaking beginning of a book so chances are it will start at the thing people are most familiar with. It isn't like there have been 4 comic series in the past like 6 years all about this. Expecting them to do something like SPD or time force right off the bat then not getting it just seems like getting mad the unlikely thing you were hoping for/expecting didn't happen. They could easily do that stuff in sequel series or spinoff books but if you're gonna start fresh with a franchise it is natural to start with where the franchise actually started. That isn't being the symptom to anything. And if anything is bad it is pretty much reserved to the fans. Like pokemon may remake some old games but the only time first generation only is brought up is by fans, same thing with stuff like yu-gi-oh, they don't listen to fans and just keep doing shit with yugi and joey they add new eras all the time. But if any of these things were to restart with not having too many major changes in mind then the logical first step is to start with the "classic" stage of everything then move on from there later.
>>
>>78921934
i don't think you got his point. the problem is not with it being about MMPR, but rather about it going back to the start of PR.

it is a real tendency that shows have to do this, they always go back to the start of the franchise despite there being a whole lot else to explore or go from, and the start being iconic really isn't an excuse.

the comic being good or not is not the issue, the issue is the decision to go back to the start of a long-running franchise with little specific motive to. and it's not just this comic.
>>
>>78922006
I am not arguing that it's iconic or that it was the right move. I am saying it shouldn't have had to gone that way. An original power rangers comic/film should have been possible, an expansion on lore from other series should have been possible. It should not have been "MMPR is the most iconic so we have to do it."
>>
>>78922400
Jdf approves

Hi-yah
>>
>>78921934
Are you listening. I neger said the comic will be bad, I hope it will be good, I LIKE mmpr. My entire point was that them HAVING to do it, because as you said, it made most economic sense, is a bad thing.
>>
>no Basco kills megaforce the comic
>>
>>78921934
I wanted a Hexagon comic
>>
>>78922077
It's canon to itself.
>>
>>78921971
The first arc is called The Untold Epic of the Green Ranger.
>>
>>78922512
I didn't expect them to do spd, I was pointed out the fact that that wasn't even a possibility was a bad thing.
>>
>>78923079
>there will never be SPd 10 years later

Thanks saban
>>
>>78917878
>AND GET ME PICTURES
>PICTURES OF POWER RANGERS
>>
>>78922072
That's the point, History was rewritten, so that Sentai originated with Power Rangers and Dairanger, the second season of MMPR's source was replaced with Akibaranger, and only the Red Ranger knows.

Watch Akibaranger, even if you don't watch Sentai.
>>
>>78922776
I've been reading up on some of the plans for Hexagon and it just sounds like a fucking mess
>>
>>78918058
>Saban was notorious for cutting out scenes where Zords would fight the monster individually

I never got that.
>>
>>78922663
That's not a bad thing. Why is it a bad thing? It's not, you're just making mountains out of mole hills.
>>
>caring about power rangers comics

It will get cancelled just like the others
>>
>>78924242
He's saying that he's afraid that it might not be any good because instead of having some heart behind it as a labor of love, it'll be a tax write off or something done to fulfill a contract.
>>
>>78922400
>Liking hahayeaaa over motherfucking Jason

Jason fucking ruled. Better leader, beat Tommy one on one, and just fucking cooler. Tommy felt like an accessory to the team, whereas Jason actually led them.
>>
>rangers modernized
>bulk and skull still look like 80's rejects
>>
>>78924233
Scenes with Zords fighting individually might make little timmy feel like it's alright JUST to buy one zord.

You need the scenes with all 5 zords combined to make sure little timmy knows that he has to have all of them to be cool
>>
The fuck is rangerboard?
>>
>>78923788
>>78924183
How so
>>
>>78924242
It's enforcing artistic limitations to cheap nostalgia.
>>
>>78924473
But as far as I know they don't sell zords individually. They pretty much always come in sets of whatever makes a Megazord.
>>
>>78924687

Or big Zoras that become a solo Megazord.

Oh, and Bandai? That thing you're trying to pass off as a plesiosaur? Yeah, that ain't working. At all.
>>
>>78924477
Prominent PR website and forum.
I can handle only so much autism, so I only ever visit the marketplace, where people post the merchandise they're selling.
>>
>>78921408
I would argue if it was attempted with a power ranger's comic, it would 'miss the mark' needed to have that proper balance of violence and people would start labeling the comic as 'edgy.'
>>
File: 1426793107778.png (2 KB, 213x165) Image search: [Google]
1426793107778.png
2 KB, 213x165
>Grew up on Power Rangers
>See's a comic that might possibly pique interest
>All this angsty autism

Yep. This is gonna be one of those fandoms to avoid.
>>
>>78922575
Umm.. If you are going to start a Power Ranger comic it is just common sense to start with MMPR. I'm sorry, you are delusional to think it is a good idea to start on one of your random seasons.
>>
>>78924312
But that's just baseless assumption. You can't tell whether something has heart based on the choice of season. His fear is baseless.

>>78924541
How? Do you know it's based on cheap nostalgia? Maybe they just want a clean slate to start over, and take PR into new directions? If anything you are artistically limiting the writer by forcing the tv series canon/seasons into it. They might want to branch off, take it in new directions, maybe even make new powers. The fear and complaint is baseless. The comic isn't even out yet.
>>
>>78925897
An actual clean slate with new directions would be an original team wouldn't it.

Dont act like the mmpr isn't just shilling for retrobux
>>
>>78925392
That's the worst form of autism
>>
>>78925739
Which was your favorite series?
>>
>>78925830
You could start anywhere you wanted.

A hexagon series; going straight beast wars on it, an original team, a big massive crossover war, a Space opera based on all the Zordon era factions, a Gobusters adatation or one for any other sentai teams... the Zordon and Rita age...anything you want.

MMpr is just the most likely to profit due to brang recognition
>>
>>78925942
Nope. another delusional, terrible idea. They need to grab the reader with what makes the brand recognizable THEN switch things up. That's just how it works, it doesn't detract or stifle creativity, it just builds off an existing world and establish mythos. You're really reaching.
>>
>>78926065
I fucking KNOW that's how it works, i have been saying it all thread. Brand recognition demanding mmpr is the problem in the first place.
>>
>>78926032
>anywhere you wanted
No. I'm sorry but the other seasons do NOT have that rock star status to sell to casual fans. Once again, the niche group of fans are the only ones who even know PR is still going.

But lets look at it from a story perspective. Why WOULDN'T you go back to the roots and play in the world's sandbox? You get to start from the very beginning and change multiple things, new powers, heck maybe some teams aren't even formed in this time line. You get to sculpt it from a raw, yet recognizable world. Or maybe the writer was a fan of the original, and wanted to play in THAT world as opposed to the others. You would then be stifling his creativity and maybe even his dream by dictating where to start or what to cover. Read the fucking comic before making these outlandish claims. They are tired, old, and at this point pathetic. You're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, being nothing more than a contrarian and contributing very little to the thread other than your obvious protest to the brand's beginnings.
>>
>>78926165
but it's NOT a problem. It's only a problem if you let it be. It's not hurting you, and it's not keeping others from experiencing the other seasons of Power Rangers. It's taking a classic and making it it's own. You won't KNOW it's even a problem until you read it and see what they do. You're only judging it based off the season they chose. The amount of creativity or restrains there of, isn't indicative of the series choice.
>>
File: Big Floppy Codpiece.gif (918 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Big Floppy Codpiece.gif
918 KB, 500x375
AW SHIT SON, WE HAVIN A ZYURANGER THREAD?
>>
>>78926247
no. Go back to /m/
We get it, you hate MMPR and want to change the subject. leave.
>>
>>78926247

Wonder how often she'll show up.
>>
>>78917819
It'd be really funny if there was already a Sentai manga and they reused half of the art from that.
>>
File: tumblr_nc18cjRHyC1rtmahlo1_400.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc18cjRHyC1rtmahlo1_400.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>78926277
Okay, hope you enjoy your trains when the next series rolls around in America.
>>
>>78926526
Wagon gif/webm collection where
>>
>>78926526
Only, it has already been confirmed that the new season is Ninninger adaptation called Ninja Steel, you fucking retard.
>>
>>78926618
That's kind of a shame. I'd like to see the orange ranger
>>
>>78926526
Too bad for you anon. Saban is skipping ToQger and going straight to ninninger
>>
>>78926618
>>78926677
Well shit, I guess trains to appeal to kids like they used to.
>>
>>78926618

And then after a year they'll call it Pwer Rangers... I dunno, Super Ninja Steel, probably. Maybe Ninja Super Steel.

Because we are in a rut.
>>
>>78926191
Oh my fucking god I FUCKING KNOW.

The entire rock star status shit is what I have been talking.about.

I know MMPR is the most popular and I know that means it's gonna get first picks at stuff like this that does not make it a good thing.

Jesus christ with you.
>>
>>78926788
Calm down. You shouldn't have been so childish in the first place. You wanted to just keep it going on baseless fears. It's rock star status, for the 90000000th time is not indicative of its creative leash. If you want to whine about it, go back to rangerboard.
>>
>>78926788
Chill bro, it's just a show.
>>
>>78917800
>Higgins

Ehhh...
>>
>>78926901

Power Rangers: serious business.
>>
>>78926965
Apparently. This is the stupidest conversation/concerns I've ever read.
>>
a Boom comic thats not drawn in tumblr style? who's asleep at the editorial to let such masculant and male dominated hard lines in?
>>
>>78926677
>Skiping a flawed but ok series straight to a horrible one

Normally I'd shit all over pr but this is it. This is their chance of doing something great.
>>
>>78922301
Gokaiger did that
>>
>>78918158

I haven't been there in forever. Is it still headed by RayZ the guy who creeped on teenybopper latina singers?
>>
It's a power rangers comic, it's going to be shit

Why defend it?
>>
>>78926618
We got trademark, nothing official
>>
>>78927179

It can't possibly be any worse than actual Ninninger I guess.
>>
>>78920884
There's a difference between having more gravitas and taking itself too seriously. Zedd can be more menacing and the writing quality can be far higher while keeping true to the spirit of "OH NO, THE MONSTER OF THE WEEK IS A BOOMBOX COME TO LIFE!"
>>
File: 1450719979748.jpg (14 KB, 276x277) Image search: [Google]
1450719979748.jpg
14 KB, 276x277
>>78920884
>Post-marriage with Rita Zedd is a fucking joke
That's because soccer-moms complained about him being too scary.
>>
>>78926901
He should really just relax
>>
>>78928181
that's what we said about Operation Overdrive
>>
>>78921317
Oh I adored the Powerful Rangers and their Patriot Belts.
>>
>>78928458

Well at least it was put that she brainwashed him.
>>
File: Ninninger.jpg (188 KB, 342x450) Image search: [Google]
Ninninger.jpg
188 KB, 342x450
Saban's Power Rangers Ninja Steel starts deep in space, where Zircon is the reigning champion of the most popular intergalactic game show in the universe, and monsters battle to prove who is the mightiest warrior. Zircon is determined to become invincible by controlling the mythical Spirit Crystal, which contains six supernatural Ninja Power Throwing Stars. The only thing standing in his way is a new team of heroic teenage Power Rangers who possess the Spirit Crystal. The evil Zircon sends his warrior contestants down to Earth to steal the Crystal, where each epic battle against the Rangers is broadcast throughout the universe. Together, the Rangers must master their arsenal of Throwing Stars, Zords and Megazords, each made of legendary ninja steel, in order to stop this evil threat and save our planet from destruction."
>>
>>78917800
Kinda want to check this out. When does it debut?
>>
>>78925965
Not him but I loved the Mighty Morphing series as a kid. Watched it up until gold ranger Jason.
>>
>>78930044
Tomorrow, actually.
>>
>>78930628
well that's convenient
>>
>>78922072
is it though?
>>
>>78917819
Its kinda weird how comic revivals of old series keep doing that. Take for example Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
>>
>>78929322

Nobody said that, Boukenger was awesome.
>>
>>78930950
except you know, TMNT was originally a comic series.

IDW TMNT is more comparable to it's mirage self.

still no IDW x Mirage crossover
>>
File: Ocelot.jpg (13 KB, 200x440) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.jpg
13 KB, 200x440
>>78917878
Ocelot?
>>
>>78927179
Hasn't all of Post-Saban Reacquisition Power Rangers just been taking the Sentai plot and scrubbing all endearing character traits off the characters? That's what Samurai seemed to be when I gave it a peek.
>>
>>78926866
But that's literally a creative leash. They're stuck with a very specific set of characters with a very specific aesthetic and a very specific tone.
>>
File: 1443925305213.jpg (113 KB, 1302x828) Image search: [Google]
1443925305213.jpg
113 KB, 1302x828
>>78917828
>>
>>78917858
That looks good.
>>
>>78921183
>Ben 10
>developed
You've seen how that franchise has gone, right?
>>
>MMPR comics
great, more pandering...it's not even an original team or something
>>
>>78929874
haven't watched sentai since the first few of Go-Busters...is this one good?
>>
>>78931854
I skipped Samurai and Megaforce
But Dino Charge has been decent enough.
>>
File: 90.gif (388 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
90.gif
388 KB, 267x199
>>78917878
>Screams have no mass! You're not supposed to be able to fill them!

I was hesitant about this comic at first, but this sold me.
>>
>>78934480
i only watched megaforce because the pink and yellow rangers were fine as wine!
>>
>>78931854
That describes Samurai and Megaforce, but Dino Charge is under a different Producer (who's also written or co-written nearly every episode) and has been changing a lot from Kyoryuger
>>
>>78933489
no
>>
>>78917800
>still have lips
Was never a fan of that. I do love Mighty Morphin though.
>>
>>78934480
Allow me to sum up Samurai

It's 4kids presents Shinkenger
>>
>>78932996
>implying a Time Force, RPM, or Dino Thunder would sell
>>
>>78936891
This desu
>>
>>78937038
>implying any MMPR comic will sell beyond maybe the first issue

Might as well do something interesting with it, rather than just being a JDF fanwank.
>>
>>78937038
might as well do something good. not like MMPR will keep it alive
>>
>>78937133
>>78937243
Don't get me wrong. I would rather read a Time Force or Lightspeed Rescue continuation or maybe even a comic-only Ranger but when the vast majority of people think "Power Rangers", they think MMPR.
>>
>>78937351
*Ranger team
I'm really off today.
>>
>>78937351
That's why IDW is doing a 87 ninja turtles comic book- OH WAIT
>>
>>78925965
Ninja Storm
>>
>>78932873
OV is the best it's been.
>>
File: yyDRgJC.png (491 KB, 692x510) Image search: [Google]
yyDRgJC.png
491 KB, 692x510
>>78926526
source???
>>
File: toqger2.gif (939 KB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
toqger2.gif
939 KB, 413x233
>>78937517
Ressha Sentai ToQger
>>
>>78937420
>>78937420
Exactly. IDW aren't sell out shills lile Boom.
>>
>>78937351
I know, doing lcd shilling type stuff is surrendering to cynicism. Just doing what is most known to sell isn't what got MMPR big in the first place. You think Saban got mad bux by just taking what was already known. Creativity, Innovation ,Artistry. Not the shallow penny pincher of bean counters and focus groups.
>>
>>78926866
Why do you keep talking about RB?
>>
>>78937565
thanks
>>
>>78937565
>They chose to adapt the worst Sentai since Gingaman instead of this
>>
>>78924099
Any place to watch it online?
>>
>>78938027
http://kissasian.com/Drama/Hikonin-Sentai-Akibaranger
>>
>>78938081
>T-N subs
>>
>>78938123
really? never really watched kiss asian. I just know of it because of Kissmanga.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.