[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would X-Men movies really be better in Marvel's hands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 4
File: XMenDaysOfFuturePast1.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
XMenDaysOfFuturePast1.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Would X-Men movies really be better in Marvel's hands?
>>
They would be action comedies with poorly-developed villains. Whether that's better than what Fox is doing with the property is a matter of opinion
>>
>>78916046
I guess we will never know.
At least quicksilver would still be alive that's for sure.

And avengers 2 could have been a vs X-men one and not with memetron.
>>
I don't think so. They would just get watered down with the forced Avengers shit and turned into camp.

I always prefer X-Men to be separated from the rest of the Marvel U
>>
>>78916046
yes. almost certainly.
>>
>>78916207
That would be fucking awful. Avengers vs. X-Men is a disgrace.
>>
Yep, that's what I want with my X-Men. More quips and poorly developed villains offed in the first movie. Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>78916046
No
>>
File: bb_076ChristianBale.jpg (16 KB, 476x325) Image search: [Google]
bb_076ChristianBale.jpg
16 KB, 476x325
>>78916123
The X-Men movies aren't particularly grim as is

People exaggerate how relatively jokey the Marvel movies are/how how jokey non-Marvel movies aren't, but that's the internet I guess
>>
>>78916407
As opposed to the X-Men movies, where Magneto keeps coming back and being given the benefit of the doubt, only to consistently betray them at the very end, every single time?
>>
>>78916472
That's literally what villains have always done. Why do you even like comics if you don't like that sort of thing?
>>
>>78916472
Considering Magneto is damn near one of the best comic book movie villains out there today, far better than anything Marvel Studios has put out, I'd say yes.
>>
>>78916046
No idea, but I kind of like that Disney doesn't own the entire world.
>>
>>78916601
My thoughts exactly. at least they are ramping up to 3 movies a year but, even still I think that's still too slow for how many characters they control.
>>
>>78916472
I'm not conceptually opposed to the concept of recurring villains, I just think it's stupid that X-Men have gone "Maybe Magneto will stop trying to kill humans this ti--wait, no" in every movie where he's not the headlining villain
>>
>>78916632
They got the TV shows coming out too, I'm excited to see Fox expand the X-Men world outside of just the movies now.
>>
>>78916649
Well they have to keep reiterating that he's the bad guy because if a radical genocidal extremist terrorist is depicted with a happy ending then people will get upset.
>>
>>78916677
It seems he'll be getting a happy ending of a sort at the beginning of X-Men: Apocalypse at least, until Apocalypse comes to wreck that shit up and recruit him for one of his Horseman anyway.
>>
>>78916557
Having two of the best actors breathing play him doesn't make him any less poorly written, delusional shill.
>>
>>78916808
And yet he's still a better villain than Loki or Ultron, Marveldrone.
>>
>>78916449
You don't remember one and two very well hell even three. Magneto didn't give a fuck how many people he killed or tortured. If it wasn't fox these would have been R's even without the blood.
>>
>>78916860
>Magneto didn't give a fuck how many people he killed or tortured.
Gee sounds like Ronan, or Kingpin, or Loki, or Red Skull, or Purple Man.

Sad delusional foxpuppets.
>>
Seeing people argue about along the lines of "X-Men movies" VS "Avengers movies" is like watching someone argue over whether the Whopper is better than the Tendercrisp sandwich
>>
>>78916046
>Would X-Men movies really be better in Disney's hands?
Fixed.
>>
>>78917027
They'd shill Wolverine oh so hard.
>>
>>78917057
Logan finding Kamala for the Inhumans and such?
>>
>>78916388

FUCK YOU CYCLOPS DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
>>78916046
Wolverine wouldn't be the central focus of X-Men
Fuck Fox for doing that and screwing up Cyclops and killing his potential.
>>
>>78916046

Magneto would be played by some popular actor and given joke lines and killed off in the first movie.

Fuck that.
>>
>>78917091
>implying Kamala would be Inhuman if Disney had movie rights
>>
>>78916512
Because comics are intended to go on for as long as possible but that kind of thing is hard to sustain over a few films.

Of course the the otherside of that coin is not developing the villain much and having him die in act III of the first film they appear in.

Something in between would be nice.
>>
>>78917097
I didn't imply that he did anything wrong. However, the storyline was still utter shit however, faggot.
>>
>>78917100
You don't actually believe that, right?

There's no way in Hell that they wouldn't shill Wolverine if they had him like they do Iron Man now.
>>
>>78917182
>Wolverine, Spidey, Deadpool movie
>>
>>78916472
You over-exaggerate.

X-Men - Magneto is the primary villain.

X-Men 2 - Magneto teams up with the X-Me against a greater threat, but of course tries to kill humanity in the end once the problem is solved

X-Men 3 - Magneto is the primary villain again, until the last 10 minutes of the film.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Magneto is not involved.

X-Men: First Class - Magneto is not a villain yet. Helps everyone out until the end of the film where he develops his "Kill all humans" attitude.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Present day Magneto is genuinely helpful and useful. Doesn't betray anyone. Past Magneto is an unhelpful asshole, who doesn't care about the future, and goes back to his "Kill all humans" thing again.

So really, they've only worked together 3 times. Once was before he became a villain, and another occasion was when his past-self was being an asshole... Which I admit is sort of a "have your cake and eat it too" deal, by having him be both a hero and villain, but it still counts. The only time they really should've seen it coming was in X-Men 2.

If they team up with Magneto and he betrays them yet again in Apocalypse, then you might have a point.
>>
>>78917209
This would probably happen also, I'd imagine.
>>
>>78917110
Wonder if they'd try to hire Hugh Jackman to somehow introduce her to the Inhumans anyways just to say fuck you to Fox or something.
>>
I don't know, but I do know that Huge Jacked Man if getting WAY too old to play an immortal character...
>>
>>78916046
no, but they would be in better hands than what they have been since X2
>>
>>78917276
I think things are finally looking up for the X-Men (actually I think it's been this way since like First Class honestly).

X-Men: Apocalypse should be another homerun and cement this even further, I think.
>>
>>78917224
and that's the plot. Magneto is the best 'villain' in X-men but it took them FAR too long to find a new one. Shaw was shit, and it ruined Emma completely.

Face it, Magneto has been their only villain in the shows. The rest were people doing the right thing
>>
>>78917310
actually I agree (one you replied to), this is something new, which they needed. This is something big also, it's an end of the world thing, Which Dark Pheonix should have shown but fucking sucked at it.
>>
>>78917322
>and it ruined Emma completely.
Not only Emma was ruined.
>>
>>78917322
How was Stryker doing the right thing?
>>
>>78917381
by defending his country and making a weapon. Canada is fucking insane in Marvel (I kinda take some pride in that). But yeah Striker was defending his country, like making a Cap. He just wasn't good at it
>>
>>78917443
Ah well when you put it that way I can see your point then, Anon.
>>
>>78916046
something tells me the House of Mouse would rip the doors off on an X-Men movie, Winter Solider wasn't cartoonish fluff, so to automatically assume Disney would turn the X-Men into meme spouting retards like GOTG isn't fair. I'm more concerned about the SFX and make up which is lacking compared to what FOX has given us in recent films.

that said I hope Singer makes X-Men movies forever and Deadpool's unavoidable success makes FOX take a gander at comic accurate costumes
>>
X Men/Fox's X franchise is stronger than ever and has stood on its own like half a decade before Batman Begins, and a decade before the MCU was finally green lit after Iron Man.

X 1-3 were okay with high lights and a few lows,, and missing certain content (ie Wolverine and Colossus in x2 should of been whooping fucking ass together straight from the x mansion raid to strykers base)

but first class was as good as any phase 1 MCU film, and DoFP was one of the best cape flicks ever made. Very excited for Apocalypse, maybe more so Deadpool, and im hype for Tatum's Gambit project. Really hope we get a present era X-Men trilogy after Apocalypse, and present era X-Force with proper cable, and DP2 has Cable featured heavily. Just redo the first arc of Cable/Deadpool
>>
>>78917618
Honestly, it all depends on who's directing it and who the one behind the script is.
>>
>>78916046
We might actually see more teen x-men
>>
>>78918887

Yeah because if there's one thing Bryan Singer doesn't like it's teen boys.
>>
>>78917618
>I'm more concerned about the SFX and make up which is lacking compared to what FOX has given us in recent films.

Fox is notoriously cheap with the CGI in the X-Films, though. There's some pretty bad-looking shots.
>>
If deadpool is a success then we might enter to a new cycle of cape movies rated R.

Fox will gain a new face for their x-men movies, I think deadpool is the iron man for fox, fox started to take cape movies seriously with DoFP, but if this solo movie manage to do well enought, well space is literally the limit because we might finally see the Shia empire or the broods
>>
>>78917443
And abducting and torturing children, stealing cerebro and using it to exterminate every natural born mutant makes Stryker a good guy does it?
>>
>>78919122
Like Magneto kept going on about, it's a war. Should Stryker have relied on one group of child soldier terrorist mutants to keep all the others in line?
>>
>>78916046
>Quip-Men
Thank fuck Fox is in charge.
>>
>>78919122
Xavier
>builds school to educate young mutants, help them control their abilities and teach them that working together will better all of humanity in the future.

Stryker
>abducts mutants, subjects them to painful physical experiments and mind control in a cold military bunker with the intent of using them to wipe out a species.

I'm not going to argue that the central premise is silly when undisciplined mutants are inherently dangerous, but if you're vouching for the side that acts out of pre-emtive violent fear then you've missed the point of X-Men entirely.
>>
>>78919242
oops, meant for >>78919186
>>
I have given the seven films in the X-Men franchise thus far an average score of 5.7/10
I have given the twelve films thus far in the MCU an average score of 6.5/10.
Not a huge difference in quality but the MCU might be able to do something a bit fresher with the characters. They'd probably dumb them down a bit, though.
>>
>>78919250
>Not a huge difference in quality but the MCU might be able to do something a bit fresher with the characters.
Wolverine in WW2 with Cap.
Wolverine today on Avengers with Cap.
>>
>>78919295
Don't tease me, anon.
>>
>>78916649
>"Maybe Magneto will stop trying to kill humans this ti--wait, no"
Makes me laugh every time, seriously.
>>
>>78916046
Yes, no doubt about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wDj7bYve0
>>
>>78917097
Everyone did everything wrong.
It was such a clusterfuck that any morally good action was still, at best, grey. Every character ended up worse off in that run and it didn't even lead to interesting follow-ups. Most writers are forgetting it even happened at this point.
>>
>>78919343
>It was such a clusterfuck
Event by Team Bendis. What did you expect?
>>
File: Shi'ar.jpg (774 KB, 1058x773) Image search: [Google]
Shi'ar.jpg
774 KB, 1058x773
With Marvel Studios we could see it at the movies:

Lilandra and Shi'ar Empire
>>
>>78916046
Of course not
Magneto would quip about Holocaust
>>
>>78919376
Magneto about Mutant Registration Act (MCU version): "Oy vey, anudda shoah!"
>>
>>78916046
I haven't seen the prequels nor Wolverine yet, but I generally liked X-men movies

No, they wouldn't be better in MCU's hands
>>
>>78916808
>marveldrone
>calls someone a shill
this is the new level of shilling
>>
>>78919343
Bendis was definitely one of the worst things to happen to Marvel.
>>
>>78919396
It's ironic really. He shills so hard for Marvel Studios, that he cannot even tell that he is shilling anymore.

It's quite the shillception.
>>
>>78917110
>implying Kamala would exist if they weren't trying to push out new Inhuman characters
>>
>>78916046
Of course. Fox has decent ideas but HORRIBLE execution for the most part.
>>
>>78919295
Thank god that X-Men are separated then. Avengers can suck shit, like they always did.
>>
>>78919422
Well, she'd probably exist, but not as Inhuman.
>>
>>78919422
fuck gimmick immigrant characters

let carol grow long her and make her real Ms. Marvel again or just bring back Moonstone as Ms. Marvel
>>
>>78919330
We already had an "MCU" X-Men movie
It was called X-Men The Last Stand
>>
>>78919250
>X-Men franchise average score of 5.7/10
>MCU average score of 6.5/10.
wut
>>
>>78919359
shi'ar empire is the most boring x-men shit ever

i don't get why it gets shilled so much amongst x-men fans
>>
>>78919450
He probably used calculus to get the average score
>>
>>78919446
Last Stand has based Beast we'll never see again
>>
>>78919439
buttmad fapnerd detected
>>
>>78919455
To make them feel upset that Fox owns Shi'ar?
>>
>>78916046
For starters having costumes would be already an improvement.

But more seriously, somehow the focus story-wise wouldn't only Xavier and Magneto. We could have Rogue, Storm, even Cyclops. A fastball special. Who knows?
>>
>>78919475
hello sjw
>>
>>78919242
The only people in-universe that know what goes on in Chuck's school are mutants. There's no government liaison, no oversight of any kind, it's just a privatized school that only accepts kids with superpowers, and occasionally has someone stand before a senate committee and say everyone should get along, then turns around and sends costumed vigilantes to fight other freaks that decide to kill all humanity.

Imagine living in a world where every day the odds are steadily climbing that some teenager is going to wake up with a power they can't control and accidentally kill all life on the planet. Stryker was right to want to study them and find a way to stop them. If Xavier was doing his self-appointed job right in the first place there wouldn't have been any dangerous untrained mutants for him to kidnap anyway. He should have turned over cerebro to the government, and helped them process, register, and train or suppress mutants according to their powers, because obviously Xavier and his school can't even come close to handling the threat on their own.
>>
>>78919485
Fuck I forgot how annoying is Fox's Rogue holy shit, and she's a fucking skeleton too

I think we all agree best Rogue got stuck in the 90s cartoon and never came back
>>
>>78919502
Do you hold the same opinion about Israel?
>>
>>78919450
X-Men:
8/10
>X2
>X-Men: First Class

7/10
>X-Men
>X-Men: Days of Future Past

5/10
>The Wolverine

3/10
>X-Men: The Last Stand

2/10
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine

8 + 8 + 7 + 7 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 40
40 / 7 = 5.7

MCU:
8/10
>Iron Man
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy

7/10
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor
>The Avengers
>Iron Man 3
>Ant-Man

6/10
>Captain America: The First Avenger
>Avengers: Age of Ultron

4/10
>Thor: The Dark World

3/10
>Iron Man 2

8 + 8 + 8 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 3 = 78
78 / 12 = 6.5
>>
>>78919537
No, because they're humans. Get back to me when arabs or jews are born that leak radiation or shoot uncontrollable eye lasers or host the phoenix force and my opinion might change.
>>
>>78919567
>gotg
>8/10

>iron man 2
>3/10

>cap 1
>6/10

fuck off reddit and never come back
>>
>>78916449
Are you saying they're not grim compared to the Nolanverse?

One has FOR YOU and one has the Holocaust and a bad end future.
>>
>>78919580
What would your scores for those movies be?
>>
>>78919574
Then you are a hypocrite.
>>
>>78919585
gotg is 6/10

iron man2 8/10

cap 1 7.5/10
>>
>>78919580

People who argue Iron Man 2 is good belong in the same garbage pile as the ones who argue the Matrix sequels are better then the original.

It's barely even a movie.
>>
>>78919598
Well, your score for Iron Man 2 is just insane.

Your scores for GotG and Cap1 are not so different from mine as to throw a tantrum.
>>
>>78919613
it's on par with iron man 1 (which is 9/10)
>>
>>78919629
>iron man 2
>on par with iron man 1
oh dear.
>>
>>78919657
just wait for Dr Strange to be released.
It will be "the bestest marvel movie evar"
>>
>>78919436
They were only looking for new characters because of the t-bomb thing and being Inhuman was in the original pitch unlike the carol thing, because willow is a Medusafag.
>>
>>78919567
>x2
>good
>>
>>78919670
>not being hyped for based Benedict as Strange
>>78919657
how is it being a pleb?
>>
>>78919670
1. Captain America: Civil War (8/10)
2. X-Men: Apocalypse (7/10)
3. Suicide Squad (6/10)
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (6/10)
5. Deadpool (5/10)
6. Doctor Strange (5/10)
7. Gambit (4/10)
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (3/10)
>>
With the first x-men movies, I would have said that Marvel should have the rights. But lately, with First Class and Days of Future Past Fox has been making good movies.

So, let's continue with a good thing. Personally I've forgotten the first few movies. X-Men 1 and 3 were bad, they were mistakes. Fox has (possibly) learned from them.
>>
>>78919594
If you can't see the difference between fictional creatures with uncontrolled murder powers that regularly and vociferously distance themselves from humanity and regular people that were just born somewhere different from you that's your problem, not mine senpai.
>>
>>78919686
Hey now, I love X 2.
>>
>>78919691
The costume looks pretty good but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's just another quippy Marvel movies. Dr. Strange will be fun the first time you watch it but will prove to be ultimately forgettable and doesn't really stay with you.
>>
>not being hyped for based Benedict as Strange
See, that's what I'm talking about. This is the kind of anon you want to argue with.
>>
>>78919695
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
I'm amazed that this exists.
>>
>>78919710
Lol, you just described Israel and Jews.
>>
>>78919755
hey faggot, being so insecure you can't even reply to my post?

>oh no tumblr loves this actor it's gonna be bad!
>>
>>78919773
>insecure
why don't you call me a fuccboi? it's not like I'm wrong about you.
>>
>>78919755
>Shitting all over a movie that has a good actor on it in a unrelated reply about some random dude enjoying Iron Man 2

You seem a bit focused to dislike a movie that was brought up by yourself, in a thread about the X-movies.
>>
>>78919796
Or I know the patterns, because I was here for so long that I know how your brains work
>>
>>78917097

Muh Phoenix is the only good thing that came out of that clusterfuck
>>
>>78919686
X2 was great. You didn't think so?

>>78919691
Different poster but how exactly is it plebby to find Iron Man superior to Iron Man 2?

Iron Man
>comeback movie for RDJ
>Jon Favreau showing us he could handle a solid action movie
>excellent soundtrack and score
>Jeff Bridges
>Iron Man ain't afraid to kill some bad guys
>Great final line to the movie

Iron Man 2
>continued attempt to force a Mickey Rourke comeback
>can't afford to bring back Terrence Howard so just replace him
>Just make the whole soundtrack AC/DC because fuck it
>Terrible anticlimactic fight with Whiplash won by Iron Man and War Machine air-fiving each other
>Forced Avengers tie-ins and references
>Favreau deciding he needs a bigger role

Also
>RT TomatoMeter
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>RT Critics Ratings
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>RT Audience Ratings
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>Metacritic
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>Box Office
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>IMDb
Iron Man > Iron Man 2

>Awards
Iron Man > Iron Man 2
>>
>>78919761
Well, it made $493mil off a $125mil budget, so why not shit another one out, right?
>>
>>78919848
Well it looks sort of improved. It's a big deal that Shredder isn't a robot suit user again.
>>
>>78919727
>>78919830
Sorry its been a while since I have seen it. I mixed it up with last stand.
>>
>>78919830
i didn't say Iron Man 1 is pleb, I prefer it myself

hating Iron Man 2 so much is pleb, though
>>
>>78919881
No worries, bro. Last Stand is crap.
>>
>>78919881
>>78919902

Yep, Brett Ratner shit the bed with that one big time.
>>
>>78919900
I wasn't the guy you were replying to that time, I was the one who posted the original ratings.
If I hated it, though, I'd give it 1/10. 3/10 is fair. It's a below average movie with one or two cool moments. I don't hate it.
>>
>>78919911

Has Brett Ratner ever NOT shit the bed?

Red Dragon was watchable, that's about it.
>>
What's with /co/'s recent hateborner for MCU movies?
>>
>>78920004
>recent
lurk moar newfriend
>>
>>78919982
I enjoyed the first Rush Hour. I loved the scene where Chan is fighting all the goons while trying not to let any of the vases break.
Red Dragon was also alright but nothing special, I agree.
>>
>>78919902
It's not entirely his fault. Tom Rothman was the one that forced the Cure storyline over the Dark Phoenix storyline because he was salty about Singer's departure and hated everything vaguely fantastical about the X-Men. He's also the reason why we didn't get Sentinels in X2 and X3, and why Days of Future Past took so long to be made into a movie.
>>
>>78920004
Joss started it with Age of Ultron

But the hateboner for DC movies remains stronger
>>
>>78920004
Not all of them are good.

Reddit trash like GOTG being overhyped so much scares me.
>>
>>78916046
I think that the X-Men should exist separately in the comics as well, so no.
>>
>>78920015

>Rush Hour

Oh I guess I enjoy Rush Hour 2 for nostalgia factor and John Lone having a good time as the villain.

So that's two movies.

>>78920024

I get that the base story problems wasn't all on him, but there was no excuse for how bad the action was or stupid garbage like dank Juggernaut memes being in the script and Magneto being an entirely different character from the first two.
>>
>>78916388
20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios Presents Muh Phoenix
>>
>>78916046
Yes and no? I dunno.
If the X-men movies was made by marvel, we know there would be a crossover between the avengers and some of the x-men.

But
In the X-men comics(and movies) we always see regular people have knowledge about the existance of mutants, and a hate/fear of mutants cause of the powers they got.
And then we see in the other hero comics(and movies) how everyone loves the heroes with powers.

But then in the comics when Wolverine is part of the Avengers, there isn't any mutant hate from people.
How does that work? that they ignore the mutant hate for the sake of a story in a comic cause they don't wanna do a mutant hate plot each time wolverine shows up? Okay, I can live with that they don't wanna repeat a minor plot.
But how would that work in a movie?

Then again, Agents of Shield got the inhuman act going where people are gaining powers. And people are afraid of people with powers.
No idea where that is going. Except for the upcoming Inhumans movie at some point.

Argh I can't figure out all this shit :U
>>
At this point, Marvel can't do anything with the X-Men because all their stories have been told.
>>
>>78920146
>And then we see in the other hero comics(and movies) how everyone loves the heroes with powers.
not this meme again.
it's like you folks are doing it on purpose
>>
Any three X-Men movies cannot be made to work in canon with each other but we're expected to accept the entire mess as one big continuous story. Even the films everyone hated.

First Class should have written off the earlier films altogether and been a fresh start, Wolverine cameo notwithstanding.
>>
>>78920147

I mean that's going to be an issue after Apocalypse. That's kind of the last really big one, and then what's next?

For as much as Singer and Fox have lightened on the srs bzness aspects of their X-Verse, I can't imagine Bryan wanting to go into outer space and dealing with aliens. So what's left, Sinister?

>>78920185

If you cut Origins out the timeline make enough sense, and First Class wipes Origins from continuity entirely.

Also DOFP did exactly what you wanted.
>>
>>78920185
They can't do that and continue making solo Wolverine films, though.
>>
>>78916046
No, absolutely not. Singer knows what he's doing.

Now Fantastic Four on the other hand would be significantly better in Marvel's hands.
>>
>>78920185
Fox's X-Men are Star Wars of our generation

By the logic of SW prequels X-Men: Apocalypse will be second best X-Men film

Because SW ranks are like this

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Sith
3. A New Hope

and so on

Now compared to X-Men

1. X2
2. X-Men: Apocalypse
3. X-Men: First Class
>>
>>78920205
Gettin pretty sick of Huge Actman and Bubsnikt myself. His film storylines are always the lamest.
>>
>>78920225
The last two X-Men films have not focused on him. Neither will Apocalypse.
>>
>>78920166
it's called bait
>>
>>78920225
Oh, agreed. I was this guy >>78919567 - the solo films of Wolverine are among the weakest in the franchise.

His X2 storyline was fantastic.
>>
Is The Wolverine worth watching? I have a yify rip downloaded like 2 years ago
>>
>>78920250
It's just that it sounds genuine. So genuine that I am willing to believe that there are faggots who really believe that.
>>
>>78920004
Their movies are mostly fucking trash, it's all about the Mutant Cinematic Universe (or MCU for short) master race.
>>
>>78920147
X-Force story?
House of M storyline?
any Cable story?
Excalibur story?
Exiles story?
Messiah Complex/Messiah War?
Onslaught story?
>>
>>78920204
>Also DOFP did exactly what you wanted.

I meant I would preferred a film series to just not ever even acknowledge the earlier films and pretend they never happened, not just do an in-universe reset.

DoFP also made me hate Magneto as a character and how blatantly retarded he is in these movies.
>>
>>78920238
>DOFP did not focus on Wolverine
... What? Dude, they literally swapped out Kitty for Wolverine just so he could be the protagonist.

>>78920265
5/10, imo. There's an excellent fight-scene on a train. The end is retarded. Much of it is meh.
>>
>>78916123
yyes
>>
>>78920265
It's okay. An action flick in vein of 90s movies with Seagal
>>
>>78920048
>le Reddit boogeyman

Grow up.
>>
>>78920166
what meme? I am fucking serious.
>>
>>78920265

If you've got it downloaded already, you might as well watch it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't totally dire, either.
>>
>>78920265

I really enjoyed it but it's nothing like the rest of the franchise. It's more of a self-contained character drama then the rest, until the crazy shit in the third act it's relatively sedate for a cape movie.

They basically let James Mangold actually make a character drama, a goofy superhero drama with lots of stabbing but still a drama.
>>
>>78920250
case in point >>78920295

>>78920295
it was discussed nth times, you can check archives instead of being a retard
>>
>>78920281
He played his role as the plot device but the story did not really center on him. I mean, he was taken out like a bitch by Magneto in the climax, you can't be the real hero of the story if the villain of the story treats you like a chew toy.

He was essentially causal bait for the movie.
>>
Is there a Cable anywhere yet? Who would play him though?

Stephen Lang would be pretty good t b h
>>
>>78916123
Nah, the villains would be moderately developed, unless Loki was in the film, then the villain would have to give 70% of his screentime to him.
>>
>>78920317
No idea yet but most likely Cable will be in Deadpool 2 if it happens.
>>
how would YOU make a cameo of Wolverine in MCU? I remember Jackman said he'd like to be in a team or something
>>
>>78920147
>>78920204
Mister Sinister, Mojo, Onslaught...
>>
>>78920311
Wolverine our protagonist. It is through his eyes we see the movie, he is the one we relate to and the whole film follows him.
The story focuses on him from the moment he steps off the plane in the future to when he returns to the future at the end. He is present in every scene until Magneto casts him aside - and only because if Wolverine stabbed and defeated Magneto again that would just be retarded. And then immediately after the chat next to the Oval Office, we're back with Wolverine.
He is very, very obviously the main character. Maybe not the best character, or the most interesting, but certainly the main one.
>>
>>78916046
If nothing else they'd have a coherent timeline
>>
>>78920364
>Mister Sinister
too gay
>Mojo
MOTW literally who tier
>Onslaught
Magneto again, eh
>>
>>78920317
>>78920331
The X-Force film in development being written and directed by Jeff Wadlow will most likely feature Cable as a member of the team alongside Cannonball, Warpath, Domino, another undecided female character and possibly Deadpool.
>>
>>78917121
Yeah there seems to be no in-between for CBM villains. They're either Loki/Magneto and get the same story in every film or they're killed immediately. I think the little Scarecrow spots in the Nolan-verse were a pretty good way of re-using a villain.
>>
>>78920375
that would go against the spirit of the x-men.
>>
>>78917343
Dark Phoenix needed an entire movie. She should have been released at the end of one and given a movie to destroy the much of world.

That's way too powerful an entity to have been killed in under 5 minutes.
>>
>>78920403
That's cool, I'd watch that movie.
>>
>>78920403
>another undecided female character
Feral.
>>
Call it stupid all you want, but the most sure fire way to give me goosebumps during infinity war is to have the FF and X-Men pop up (after having secret rights discussions)
A cameo from Hugh dressed in a white tank top would be cool too
>>
The fight isn't for the x-men it's for all the villains that went with them.
>>
>>78920494
IW would be a good time to introduce the X-Men so Thanos has a bunch of disposable people to kill.
>>
>>78920367
>He is very, very obviously the main character. Maybe not the best character, or the most interesting, but certainly the main one.
He's a plot device. Charles and Magneto are the main characters...Wolverine exists only to link the past to the future, he has no truly important scenes other than simply existing.

And yes, he's better than Shadowcat. Nobody knows or cares about her movieverse wise, it would be dumb to make her have that role
>>
So... how do you rate Singer's work on X-men so far?

Was Days of Future Past good? I haven't watched it yet

Hope Apocalypse will be good, so we can have a good X-Men trilogy all by one director
>>
>>78920516
Just like with FF!
>>
>>78920428
Messy storytelling?
>>
>>78920576
Convoluted timeline?
>>
>>78920579
Bane?
>>
>>78920615
Don't be inhumane
>>
>>78920534
>Was Days of Future Past good?
Better movie overall than AOU

>So... how do you rate Singer's work on X-men so far?
Hit and miss but overall...for capeshit, no worse a track record than anybody else.

I like 1 fine, love 2, hate 3, Origins has good and awful points, The Wolverine is entertaining to watch every couple years but not remarkable either, First Class was good, DOFP was great
>>
>>78920531
Yeah, but that's what a protagonist is.
Like, in Transformers, you can argue all you want about how Optimus Prime and Megatron are what the movie's about. Sure.
And sure, Sam doesn't do much. At all. He just watches. Fine.
But he's in every scene. He's the audience's vessel. He is our protagonist.

A protagonist isn't just "the guy that's the coolest" or "the guy who has the most internal character development".
He's the character designed for us to identify with.

Marty McFly, not George, is the protagonist of Back to the Future. Who knocks Biff out? George does, while Marty is locked up in a trunk. Same deal as Wolverine being stuck under the river. But Marty and Wolverine are our protagonists. We travel back with them. We follow them around in the past. We return with them. It's their journey. This is the best example I can think of to compare to DOFP.

I don't think I can explain it any better than that. Suffice to say that a protagonist has a very specific role that neither Magneto nor Xavier fulfil in DOFP. If you're still not convinced, we'll just need to agree to disagree.
>>
>>78920403

>written and directed by Jeff Wadlow
>Jeff Wadlow
>JEFF WADLOW

ABORT

ABORT

ABORT
>>
>>78920683
Agreed.
>>
>>78920675
No, in Transformers Sam is most definitely the main character...all the important scenes having to do with character development or moving the story forward belong to him, he is the lead

You have it backwards, Optimus is more like Wolverine is in DOFP, he just exists as the familiar face who connects two worlds while the story is about somebody else entirely
>>
>>78920534
I still can't tell wether i like DoFP or not

I mean, it's an enjoyable watch, no doubt, there's cool action, character moments and shit

But then i remember the movie is officially making Mystique this super important and misunderstood hero just because muh JLaw, and Singer seems to hate First Class or something since he dismisses stuff like crippled Charles or the costumes
Plus, even if resetting the timeline makes obviously sense considering the story, i can't stop thinking that it's more of a tool to allow the new movies to have the original X-men while ignoring the original movies

I dunno, it's a good movie i guess but it's annoying to me
>>
>>78920675
>>78920731
>tfw when I don't know what you are arguing about, because I never watched anything Transformers

feels good, man
>>
>>78920807
Yeah, that's why I stuck the BttF analogy in there as well. It's okay, I'm done arguing about it.
>>
File: heroicnonsense.jpg (2 MB, 1770x2104) Image search: [Google]
heroicnonsense.jpg
2 MB, 1770x2104
>>78920807
Such heroic nonsense

seriously all hail hasbro

>>78920734
>But then i remember the movie is officially making Mystique this super important and misunderstood hero just because muh JLaw
Mystique has always been important and a main character in the movies man
>>
>>78920734
>making Mystique this super important and misunderstood hero just because muh JLaw, and Singer seems to hate First Class or something since he dismisses stuff like crippled Charles

As long as we're being honest, it got me kind of mad them kill azazel. His character description was nightcrawler father, so did he fuck mystique and she already had the baby before DOFP?

Seeing drug addict Charles was interesting, but fucking Hank enabled the shit out of him.

Jlaw mystique might be the worst thing about the movie. Hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>78921027

>Mystique has always been important and a main character in the movies man

The problem is less the plot mechanics and more that JLaw looked like she wanted to kill herself in every scene.

And you can't even blame the writing. Look on the page and see what Raven has, she's the emotional fulcrum of the entire damn movie. It's a story about her choosing her own path instead of being pulled into the orbit by the men in her life, that's a juicy arc for an actress to work with.

And JLaw was a wet towel the entire movie. She's a damn good actress when she tries, but it's obvious whatever draconian contract Fox got her into before she was a big thing forced her into a big role she had no interest in actually doing. She was good in First Class as a side character, but it's clear Lawrence did NOT want to be the main.
>>
>>78921027
>Mystique has always been important and a main character in the movies man

No she wasn't, not to this point
First she was a capable hench(wo)man, now she is/has been the best friend to some extent of both the good and evil leaders of the franchise and her actions affected the future of the entire mutant and human race. In the next movie she's the inspirational character of the group, for crying out loud. The last scenes of DoFP imply that in the new timeline she either saves Wolverine from turture or is the one that gives him the adamantium skeleton

And that's not even mentioning all the shit about the makeup, a key feature of the character, appearing and disappearing according to the whims of either the actress or the producers
>>
>>78916046
Yes.
For one thing Mystique would actually be blue and likely have a skull on her head.
>>
>>78923192
Also we would've seen Wolvie and Caps WW2 adventures.
>>
>>78921234
Mystique is not Nightcrawler's mother in the movies. People need to accept this.
>>
>>78919488
hello shitlord
>>
>>78916046
It'd be pretty hard to screw it up worse.
>>
>>78923257
Thank god we won't. Fuck Captain Abortionica
>>
>>78920204
>can't imagine Bryan wanting to go into outer space & dealing with aliens
several articles out there detailing that was Singer's direction if he was still on board X3.
>>
>>78916123
>action comedies
no, thank you. the stupid way ronan is defeated made me so mad
>>
>>78924842
Not really. In his X-MEN 3, Jean turns out to be the next stage of evolution after the mutants, becomes a firebird and fucks off to Space, but that's as far as it goes.
>>
>>78920133

Futa is not gay
>>
>>78925305
It is if the futa is pegging a guy.
>>
>>78925374
It is not, if the guy is not enjoying it.
>>
>>78925374

No, it's not, god damn it. I have slides!
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.