[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i just started homestuck yesterday and im at the end of act
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: a3485392857_16.jpg (44 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3485392857_16.jpg
44 KB, 700x700
So i just started homestuck yesterday and im at the end of act two. Does pic related ever stop being an insufferable prick? I mean, he's good as a side character for jhon and rose but when the story centers on him it really slows the plot down, I mean, the sub-plot with his bro is fun at the beginning but then it's like, fuck dude, just get the goddamn game and save your fucking friend, y'know?
also, this can be a homestuck thread if you want it to be
>>
>>78908456
not in the slightest. now he is gay and complains about toxic masculinity, and how bro was a horrible abuser.
>>
>yesterday
>end of act 2
homestuck really does end lifes
>>
What is all those homestuck threads lately? Did /homosuck/ bites the dust or something?
>>
>>78908795
Is that true? I stopped reading after Trolls V.2 Electric Boogaloo started to happen.
>>
>>78908456
None of the characters ever stop being annoying
They reflect on how annoying they are, or were as it's the future, and then they just continue making stupid mistakes because then literally no plot would happen if they were to fix their character flaws

>>78909325
It's about to
by which I mean there's going to be about 6 more months of this until the threads get banished to /vg/ because the coming video game is going to be more relevant
>>
>>78909364
its actually true. not in the "that episode of Arthur when.." way, but he legitimately gave a speech about how society causes wrong ideas of masculinity to john after not seeing him for a few years.
>>
>>78909256
>>78909325
Last weekend I tried starting homestuck and read as many chapters as I could. I really gave it a chance but it wasn't interesting or compelling in any way. How can people actually be interested in this? Please, someone tell me the appeal.
>>
>>78909708
How far did you get? Because it takes like 2 hours to go anyway
>>
>>78909880
I spent like an hour on it but I can hardly believe reading further would change my mind
>>
File: 04472_2.gif (35 KB, 650x629) Image search: [Google]
04472_2.gif
35 KB, 650x629
>>78909708
Good question. I didn't really like it the first time I read it and I had enjoyed Problem Sleuth a lot before then. If you pay enough attention to detail, there is this magic sweet spot where it becomes just self-aware and self-referential enough to be charming instead of obnoxious. Unfortunately it doesn't stay there throughout.
>>
>>78910030
It's pretty different once all the faffing around is out the way, but if you're not enjoying the pesterlogs I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>78910030
You should go read Problem Sleuth, it is much more approachable. If you don't like that then you probably wont like Homestuck.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.