[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halfway through season 1. What a great show. How come Warner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: The Flash.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Halfway through season 1. What a great show. How come Warner was so slow to capitalize on the Flash? Playing their cards right he could reach Spider-Man level popularity, the whole universe is pretty charming.

Kinda' sad his movie will have to fit their new approach to movies.
>>
>>78905667
Why do you persist?
>>
>>78905643
Finished S1 tonight. It's really quite good.

I think the key is NOT being ashamed of the source material like I feel Arrow is.

Also, you can put links in the file browser when uploading images to 4chan
>>
>>78905960
>the key is NOT being ashamed of the source material like I feel Arrow is

But the Flash tv show is nothing like Flash comics and they do the whole "lol comics are so silly xD" bit more than Arrow.
>>
>>78906020
Have you read New 52 Flash? It literally starts the same, except no Joe West, sure but it has Darryl Frye instead. It mixes pre-Crisis Flash with newer incarnations.
>>
>>78906020

Did you miss the mid-season finale where Weather Wizard busts Captain Cold and the Trickster out of prison so they can kill the Flash and devise a plan where they hide bombs in Christmas presents given out to kids by the Trickster disguised as Santa Claus, and hold the city hostage against Flash. And then they figure out that they can reverse the polarity of magnetic field charges on the bombs and transfer it to all of the hidden packages through quantum tunneling, which allows the packages to be sucked into a wormhole into another dimension that was floating above Central City, caused by the Flash triggering a major time paradox at the end of the first season.

If that's not a fucking comic book plot then please tell me what I'm missing.
>>
>>78906020
They do that because that wasn't the way the world was before. Over time it will be the norm for them like in comics.
>>
>>78906184
That resolution screamed "Silver Age!"
>>
>>78906065
Barry's characterisation is completely different. And besides, new 52 Flash is only worth reading for the art.

>>78906184
You're missing all the parts where it was your average television drama.
>>
>>78906248

I know, it was great.

The actual cliffhanger they left off on fell flat (because it was so fucking obvious that it was coming), but the rest of the episode was one of my favorites.
>>
>>78906271
>new 52 Flash is only worth reading for the art.
This does NOT change your original BS about it not being like the comics.
They're using legitimate comicbook plot points and logic so how is it not like the comics other than Barry's characterization being a little different. And to be fair, Barry's character is literally different in every run.
>>
>>78906271
>You're missing all the parts where it was your average television drama.

What part of that description says "AVERAGE" television drama.

Is there family and romantic drama in the show? Well yeah, but there's family and romantic drama all up and down the Flash comics themselves too. The Flash family has always relied on relationships and supporting characters to help contribute to the plot of the comics and development of the main heroes, same as any superhero legacy.
>>
>>78906329
>how is it not like the comics

All the relationship crap taking up half of every episode and turning beloved comic characters into OC.

Namedropping and very loosely adapting comic elements, doesn't mean it's like the comics.
>>
>>78906424
You're obviously not in this thread to discuss things like a rational person. Good-day.
>>
>>78906356
>Is there family and romantic drama in the show?
>Well yeah

An absurd amount of it, more than in any Flash comic I've ever read.
>>
Is it good or bad that I don't expect cross-media adaptations to be one to one productions?
>>
>>78906944
wut

You mean extremely faithful?
>>
>>78905643
Warner and DC have always been bad at marketing. How come they never capitalized on the Flash property amazes me. He could be very popular.
>>
Flash should be part of the Trinity.
>>
>>78905643
That's okay I don't want a gay flash anyway
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.