[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rob Liefeld has his own Earth in the DC Cosmology created
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Earth-35.jpg (769 KB, 1979x1477) Image search: [Google]
Earth-35.jpg
769 KB, 1979x1477
>Rob Liefeld has his own Earth in the DC Cosmology created by the God of All Comics himself
Haters BTFO
>>
>>78899734
He's actually represented by two Earths. That one and the Image analogue Earth (the Green Arrow analogue there is obviously based on Liefeld's Shaft)

Anyone asked him what he thinks about getting tributed twice? (even if Earth-35 is done mainly for Morrison's love/hate relationship with Moore, and Liefeld getting tributed twice might've been a secondary thought)
>>
>>78899734
>God of All Comics
Come on man. I like Morrison too but that's a bit much.
>>
majorly backhanded
>>
Isn't that supposed to be the Astro-City verse?
>>
>>78900699
No?
>>
>>78899734
What Liefeld work is this a reference to?
>>
File: Supreme 65_p1.jpg (348 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Supreme 65_p1.jpg
348 KB, 585x900
>>78902166
Supreme who was just a lame Superman ripoff until Alan Moore became the writer and started doing crazy silver age type Superman stories.
>>
>>78900698
It actually matches up with what Moore was doing on Judgment Day and Supreme. Unless you mean Morrison was doing a backhand at Moore or Moore was doing a backhand at Liefeld.
>>
>>78899734
Only tumblr SJWs dislike Liefeld to be quite honest familia.
>>
>>78903404
morrison and moore both were. liefeld hates people making interesting ideas from his derivatives. look at the description, monitors, editor and business stand ins, create a fake universe to harvest, for profit.
>>
>>78902887
>posting the shitty Larsen run
Kill yourself desu
>>
>>78903434
Factually untrue.

>>78905625
Factually untrue as well, he loved what Graham did with Prophet and what Keatinge did with Glory.
>>
>>78900699
That's Earth 34.
>>
>>78903434
awful/10
we'll be holding you back a grade this year anon
>>
>>78905625
I am surprised no.one got the reference to the last Awesome Comics book before they went under
>>
>>78906049

Was there anything good Erik Larsen did as big two work in general?

Yes I know we're talking about Image here but still.
>>
>>78903434
You people truly are obsessed with Tumblr.

That and Reddit. You can't forget Reddit now.
>>
>>78899734
I was pretty underwhelmed by the Earths in the guidebook, to be honest.

They were all so intent on following the "every world is represented by a Justice League analogue" thing that it was largely a repetitive exercise in playing dressup with the same A- and B-list superheroes, stretching out the concept so thin that there were two Earths based on Rob Liefeld's stuff, the Image analogue Earth and the "Image's analogues of DC" analogue Earth.

It didn't help that I was reading through Abnett's Infinite Crisis: Fight For The Multiverse tie-in comic and had grown to really like several of the characters and worlds in it, only to discover that nothing about them was even close to used.

No Paladin Hal, Ice King Zod, or Fallout 2 Wonder Woman from now on.
>>
>almost normal physiques
>they all have feet
>barely any asymetric design
>nobody has pouches even their fucking Batman
What's up with that?
>>
>>78914620
It's really a matter of opinion, but i've always thought his Spider-Man work was great stuff
>>
>>78899734

>have 52 alternate universes

>just fill them all with paletswaps and role-swaps of your existing universe

How has anyone not called them out for this lazy-ass bullshit.
>>
>>78916528
you don't read comics much do you?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.