[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't we talking about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: anomalisa.jpg (102 KB, 680x284) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa.jpg
102 KB, 680x284
Why aren't we talking about this?
>>
>>78898675
Because it didn't win the Golden Globe.
Now sit down and lust over a little girl with mental issues.
>>
>>78898723
No. This is a masterpiece, whether or not the Hollywood elite are capable of recognizing it.
>>
>>78898675
>>78898852
Because outside of the animation (which isn't that great or original) the movie is really dull and boring. There's absolutky no reason for the movie to be in claymation other than to go "oooh look at us! we're so unique!" (Kind of like most of miyazaki's modern movies). The movie could of been in live-action an the movie would of remained the same boring self and NO ONE would give a crap because it's just another cliche """""deep""""" indie movie.
>>
>>78899412
>The movie could of been in live-action

Confirmed for not actually watching the film
>>
>>78899412
This movie uses the "they have all the same faces" shit from stuff South Park and Adventure Time to actually create a mystery. Do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out it was all the same voice? It took me even longer to figure out it was all the same face.
>>
>>78899412
Top fucking pleb.
>>
Is it downloable already?
I need to watch some good stop motion to inspire me to sculpt.
>>
It was really good and really really sad

it took me a minute to figure out what was happening, and then after that it just became soul crushingly obvious what was gunna happen. Kind of like a slower, less crass Morel Orel type thing,
>>
>>78899412
this, John K would be disappointed in how animation is being wasted in selling shitty live action movies (unlike pure artistic animated movies like The Nutjob and Freebirds)
>>
>>78895927
>>
It was.. alright.
I was expecting them to actually attempt a more solid resolution than leaving it drifting off into despair.

It's a very typical story that ends in a very typical way.
It seems like they took the easy way out instead of resolving it in a more difficult, unique, and elaborate manner.
I was a bit disappointed.
>>
>>78898852
>Hollywood elite

There are 93 members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. These are the people who are eligible to vote on the Golden Globes.

Contrast that to the more prestigious Academy Awards, which are (in theory) voted on by ~6000 Academy members. The Academy isn't a country club for the idle rich; it's a working organisation that happens to have an award ceremony to recognize excellence in filmmaking, which is what the Academy itself exists to promote, which is why it's an academy - it's a teaching body at the most basic level. Membership is by consideration and invite based on achievement - even being a former Oscar winner isn't a guarantee of acceptance (though winning twice in the same category pretty much makes you a shoe-in).

The problem both the HFPA and Academy members have in your terms is simple: they're only human. They have limited time in their working lives to see every possible release eligible to be voted on, and like you they only tend to know movies even got made because an advertising campaign told them so, and they go see the same movies you do. Often in the same theaters, since there's no requirement for the Academy members at least to live in LA.

Whether you think something is a masterpiece or not has no more bearing on whether it is than whether any of them thinks it's a masterpiece - but if they vote on a set of movies and place one higher than another by common consent, that's people who make and watch movies professionally saying that on whatever category they voted, that is the definitive high point of the year. If it gets nominated but doesn't win, you're objectively wrong, because people who know more about it than you do are telling you so. Standing around crying about how it's not true and they'll all see one day just makes people lock up their bird sanctuaries, you nut.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.