[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Parks Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
So Disneyland is planning closing down the Rivers of America temporarily as they begin to work on that new Star Wars Land in a couple of days from now.
>>
File: Mickey Keyblade edit.png (2 MB, 1366x686) Image search: [Google]
Mickey Keyblade edit.png
2 MB, 1366x686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
>>
>>78896376
They closed today, bruh
>>
Jungle Cruise and Autopia are down til around April for refurbishment, Disneyland Railroad & Rivers of America are closed till 2017 because of Star Wars Land. Splash Mountain is going to be refurbished sometime in February. Starcade is closed indefinitely
>>
Went to Disneyland with my family last weekend. Hyperspace Mountain is a pretty awesome retheme
>>
>>78896376
W H O C A R E S
H
O
C
A
R
E
S
>>
Yeah! A Disney thread! Good. I need advice.
So my girlfriend got us tickets for Christmas to go sometime this year.
When's the best time? I was thinking about seeing if we couldn't swing an early May date.
I know weekdays are always suggested because traffic.
Also, she's never been--So I don't know if I should do anything differently because of that.
Suggestions?
>>
>>78899218
Park or World? I'm going to answer for World as that's what I have the most experience with. May gets steadily busier the further into the month you go with weekends being the worst. March and April has the Spring Break crowd, while you get the summer break kiddos all the way through to September. It's still manageable though in May depending on how much you want to do and how long you're staying. Frozen Ever After is also most likely opening sometime in May at Epcot so there might be additional crowds because of that.
>>
>>78899218

Weekdays. If you're paying tickets, times when annual passes are blocked would be great to look into. The park index will be way lower on those days compared to alternatives.
>>
>>78900892
Land. We're in Arizona, so it's easy to just roadtrip over there.
>>78900901
>times when annual passes are blocked would be great to look into.
Oh! Yeah! That is a great idea. I forgot all about those.
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>A franchise wholly owned by Disney surpassed Avatar for highest US box office.

OH THE IRONY
>>
File: No one ever returned alive.jpg (99 KB, 548x366) Image search: [Google]
No one ever returned alive.jpg
99 KB, 548x366
>>
>>78899218
If you can, try to avoid going when schools are closed.
>>
Last issue of Figment 2 comes out this week as well.
>>
>>78899137
Lot of DIsney fandom circles have been panicking over the Rivers of America route being trimmed for the last few months now. Lot of conflicted emotions over how rad Star Wars Land looks versus whether it's right to put a single IP land into part of Disneyland that's been mostly unaltered since the beginning, the park probably being incapable of handling the demand a Star Wars Land would bring considering the smaller paths and size, and arguing that if anything, Star Wars should have been put in DCA or even as a third park.

Concept art they released at least looks like a nice compromise.
>>
File: vacation destination.jpg (1 MB, 1912x2292) Image search: [Google]
vacation destination.jpg
1 MB, 1912x2292
Just found out a friend of mine is getting a two bedroom villa at WDW for a week in the fall of next year, and I'm part of the big friend group they invited to come along. Does anyone have any tips on vacationing with a bigger group of young adult friends? So far I've only been as a small child with family and once as a couple with my partner.
>>
>>78908446

Hit up Magic Kingdom first, since it has most of the new stuff, and it's the one park most people get blacked out from since it's so in-demand. Save EPCOT for chill days, Hollywood Studios isn't bad, but you can do the whole park in 5 hours or less (given low wait times). Haven't been to Animal Kingdom in like 10 years, don't know what to say there.
>>
>>78908446
If you're there during fall, the food and wine festival will be going on at Epcot. Also hit up a Halloween party if you have the chance. Those are really fun.
>>
>>78908446
Epcot's wonderful, do make sure you check out the Frozen ride in Norwayland on the Culture Pavilion!
rest in pieces Maelstrom
>>
>>78910552
I dunno about the rest of the group, but I'm thinking of skipping Hollywood studios this year. The only thing there that appeals to me is the Tower of Terror ride. I'm not a Star Wars fan.

>>78910847
Friend is already intending to hit up a Halloween party, so we're good on that. at least. I'll look into the food and wine festival.

>>78910912
I'd like to go to Epcot, but I have no idea how to fit in everything I'd like to do there in the single day i think I'll get there. Last time I went it seemed huge and I only saw like half of it.
>>
>>78901293
The times when they block the annual passes are usually blocked because the park is expected to be busy.
Of course it's rare for Disneyland to ever not be at least semi-busy. Check one of the many estimated attendance sites. I find them to actually be fairly accurate.

I am,curious to see what the construction is going to do to attendance though. Based upon my complete lack any insight I'd imagine there'll be less vacationers and more locals. Which would mean less people during the day but more once everyone gets off work.
>>
>>78911087
>Last time I went it seemed huge and I only saw like half of it.

It's huge in that it takes a while to get around but there isn't a whole lot to do that's truly interesting. The only stuff worth checking out are Spaceship Earth, that one show with Ellen Degeneres, Mission Space, and the World Showcase. If you haven't been on Soarin' before, it's cool, but it's not worth the usually-two-hour-minimum wait.
>>
>>78911777
Most of my time was taken up trying to absorb and explore each section of the World Showcase individually. Well, that and heatstroke, come to think of it, considering I had no choice but to go in the middle of summer.
>>
>>78911777
Soarin just closed last week for updates. New ride film's going in and they built a third theater for it.
>>
File: image_38929.jpg (77 KB, 469x600) Image search: [Google]
image_38929.jpg
77 KB, 469x600
>We could have gotten Wacky Racing with the Country Bears instead of that terrible Pooh ride at Disneyland.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.