[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like Gobwin Knob just gained a whole lot more casters for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Erf3_124_900_web.jpg (535 KB, 900x1245) Image search: [Google]
Erf3_124_900_web.jpg
535 KB, 900x1245
Looks like Gobwin Knob just gained a whole lot more casters for Parson to play link-a-dink with

Tell me Charlie isn't going to be stupid enough to invade the magic kingdom

What possible reason would he have for that now? He should just cut his losses. This isn't the shrewd manipulator we love to hate. He's holding the idiot ball for the sake of plot.
>>
You're one of those autistic fucks straight from the Erfworld forums aren't you? Who get far too into the strategy game portion of erfworld and forget in the end all the pawns are still people too.

Charlie has been on top for so long that he's forgotten what it feels like to get out-played. He's lost connection to the Arkendish and his forces are running blind. Charlie himself is under a massive amount of mental and physical strain without all those life-support systems he depends on. Perfect Warlord Judy fucked his shit up remember?

So we have a guy who is pissed, not thinking clearly, and just suffered a major strategic loss. His enemy not only knows his secrets, his hidden entrance into the Magic Kingdom has been compromised, but he lost ANOTHER archon and several weapons that shouldn't EXIST in erfworld.

Now do you understand why he's holding the 'idiot ball'. People in those kinds of situations make mistakes. Because they're human. Or in this case Erfen.
>>
>>78893216
>You're one of those autistic fucks straight from the Erfworld forums aren't you?

This is as far as I got. No, I'm just a reader.
>>
What the holy fuck are you idiots babbling about?
>>
Don't get attached to any of the new casters, Charlie will recroak them all with his guns, this fight will end in a negative for GK
>>
Who is that behind Frodo? Is that fucking Boromir?

Sometimes the MK cameos annoy me, sometimes they're hilarious.
>>
I'm guessing wanda decrypting all those casters (and probably getting access to each disciplines Big Secrets that they all seem so intent on keeping) is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back in the magic kingdom for GK.
>>
>>78893591
>the fight will end in a negative for GK
Every caster that gets croaked gives Parson more money and leverage.
>>
I knew it was never going to happen, but I was kinda looking forward to stories with Parson as Charlie's new chief warlord.
>>
>>78893611
They're all characters played by Sean Bean.
>>
>>78893079
I really can't reconcile all the action in this comic with the fact that the world is supposed to be turn-based somehow.

> lilith wrecking everybody in CC
> parson turning and entering portal
> archons going full dakka
> lilith pushing parson back through portal
> parson turning again
> decrypting all the croaked MK casters
> archon rush through portal any second
> ...

why parson couldn't just have jack disguise a bunch of mooks as high-level GK mages/warlords/whatever and fuck off back through the GK portal confuses me.
>>
>>78893611
>>78895640
I see Boromir and Ned Stark there, but who's the scarred face one supposed to be?
I'm drawing a blank.
>>
>>78897228
Combat isn't turn-based, only movement. Also, pretty sure foolamancy wouldn't trick a portal into allowing a non-caster through.
>>
>>78897308
no, I'm just saying he should get every valuable unit back through the portal to GK's capital (Spacerock or whatever now), leaving mooks disguised as himself etc. to collect as $5M a pop sacrifices until CC is bankrupt, at which point GK can just claim any surviving archons in the MK as compensation.
>>
>>78897601
Ah, I see.

Though, given that charlie is stated to have 600m+, I don't think bankrupting him is a reliable tactic, at least immediately. Also, one of Parson's things is treating units as people.
>>
>>78893833
I'm talking someone will die
>>
>>78898139
yeah, I looked that up after I suggested it, and I was wrong.

> 697M (smucks + gems) after Lilith's rampage
> = 662M after archon fuckup and Parson re-turning
> = 132 separate deaths/attacks/whatevers

Charlie is just disgustingly rich.
>>
>>78894173
Yeah. I feel robbed, and not just for that. I feel like this is a mistake Charlie never would have left room for. Parson and the neutrality of the magic kingdom seem too valuable to risk over this. He was TALKING with Parson in person just before he won ownership of him and he knew there were traps and such in his portal room.
It feels too artificial a plot point for what I'm used to getting from the author Rob Balder. I feel like I can see right through this to the convenience of it.

>>78893216
Eh... I don't know. The pain should only account for so much. While a lesser bandwidth, he was reconnected to the arkendish, plus the pain-suppression from his garden. I'm surprised there were no contingency plans for this kind of thing. Ensuring proper communication lines before his won-over prize was retrieved past his traps. Even if he couldn't afford to inform the lesser ranks of these details in advance, he should have been able to afford to send someone trusted down to the portal room.
>>
>>78893591
>>78893833
>>78898363
uncroaked/decrypted units get insta-dusted on their second death, so the characters that are at most risk seem to be

> wanda - can't decrypt herself
> jack - died first time at spacerock
> parson - doesn't seem to take damage like normal Erfworlder, death may not be reversible
> sean beans - permadeath pretty much guaranteed in next 5 comics
> moved and decrypted spacerock troops - yeah who cares
>>
>>78897308
I very much doubt that. You can't attack when it's not your turn, you can only counter-attack or perform other defensive/preparation moves. You can also move about your own city, and I think into the magic kingdom, that last point might be what accounts for this, but you would think moving within an enemy city into the magic kingdom would be something you couldn't do when it's not your turn. ... I'm not sure who's turn it is now though.

I do think some of these things may be overlooked though. It's insanely detailed but not perfect.

>>78897228
Parson entering the portal should not be a problem if it's to the side he belongs at least.

Lilith going through the portal might.

I don't think decrypting would be a problem. It's not an offensive move.

>>78897601
Sounds pretty good even if it couldn't bankrupt him. though the shmuckers might not be that valuable in the short-term if there's a huge fight for survival right now. It might be more valuable to push the offensive while they have the opportunity.
>>
>>78898428
>Yeah. I feel robbed, and not just for that. I feel like this is a mistake Charlie never would have left room for.
Same here really. I had hoped it might change up the dynamic a bit to have Parson working for Charlie. Instead we had this contrived situation where Parson gets turned back almost immediately because Charlie makes a stupid mistake.
>>
File: Alec's_hideous_scarring.jpg (22 KB, 359x282) Image search: [Google]
Alec's_hideous_scarring.jpg
22 KB, 359x282
>>78893079
>>78893611
>Who is that behind Frodo? Is that fucking Boromir?
>>78895640
>They're all characters played by Sean Bean.
>>78897250
>who's the scarred face one supposed to be?

Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.