[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have fond memories reading the Joe Kelly run >Daniel Way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: Spider-Man_Deadpool_1_Cover[1].jpg (263 KB, 630x957) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Deadpool_1_Cover[1].jpg
263 KB, 630x957
>have fond memories reading the Joe Kelly run
>Daniel Way shits on the character when he starts writing in '08
>the age of "epic chimichangas lel XD" begins
>see this
>Holy shit, Joe Kelly's back on Deadpool
>check it out
>it's borderline unreadable
>legions of Family Guy loving memebabbies all excited for the movie next month

Is there no saving Deadpool? Did I just grow up?
>>
>>78891853
Dugganpool is fine. read that.
>>
File: 1288191249324.png (41 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1288191249324.png
41 KB, 386x387
>>78891853
Joe Kelly run had plenty of pop culture jokes. Epic chimichangas and "lmao soooo bored I'll shoot my brains out" started in Cable & Deadpool.

The only answer I've got is you're a dumb ass piece of shit who started out with the Way run until /co/ told you it's shit so now you're shitting on it and praising some comics you've never actually read.

tl;dr Kill yourself
>>
>>78891929
This. The storytime of Spider-man/Deadpool made it abundantly clear that most of the people that spout how much they love Kelly's DP run have never actually read it and are just reiterating what they've heard others say on /co/.
>>
>>78891879
isn't duggan an SJW? no thanks I don't read meme pandering shill-comics.
>>
>>78892005
He kept that shit out of the last volume. The new one starts off with how border vigilantes are evil. Posehn did a lot more than everyone here thought.
>>
>>78892005
Lmao, letting other people's opinions keep you away from reading a book
>>
>Kelly sucks at Marvel but rules at DC and indies
YOU DON'T SAY?
>>
>>78892064
SJW defendse force out in full force I see why don't you go back to your own site if 4chan triggers you so much lol. You're lucky you're on /co/mblr, you wouldn't last a day on one of the real bords.
>>
>>78892136
Fuck off retard. You are the problem with /co/ not some imaginary tumblr invasion
>>
>>78891853
Yeah those
>>78891929
>>78891971

I'm kind of amazed how many people pretend they've read Kelly's Deadpool run but obviously haven't or are very proud about misremembering him. With what fucking version of the character are they confusing it? Nicieza/Liefeld or just straight-up Deathstroke?
Also why?
>>
>>78892136
sounds like you're the one that needs thicker skin
>>
Remember when Deadpool was 90s edge? He was also a little bitch, he's definitely power-creeped
>>
>>78892136
Now this is bait!
>>
>>78891929
>>78892270

I feel like you are the one who didn't read Kelly's run. Yes there were jokes, there were goofy stuff, but it wasn't as over the top as the recent SM/DP and Kelly's run WASN'T RANDUMB

If anything, it's you who misremember Kelly's run
>>
>>78892046
>border vigilante

Thats not what that was about. Get some goddamn reading comprehension
>>
>>78892349
>right-wing all-american patriot protecting American border from Mexican illegals
>captures Mexican illegal trying to cross border
>Duggan draws scene to imply Right-Wing = ISIS
>Deadpool shows up, kills the patriot protecting our borders from invaders, quips, and saves the Mexican
Fuck off shill. How in the fuck is this not blatant SJW propoganda? You don't see DC pulling this shit yet Marvel does in every other comic.
>>
>>78892326
I've re-read some of it pretty recently.
To be fair I haven't read the SM/DP issue beyond the preview, but the Deadpool movie threads were enough to convince me that most people who go "not muh Kelly" haven't read it.
The fuck is randumb anyway? Absurd jokes that don't hit?
>>
>>78892409
You have a pic? And was he trying to kill the illegal or apprehend him?
>>
>>78892409
>You don't see DC pulling this shit
Nigga their most iconic superhero is an illegal immigrant.
>>
>>78892416
it's a mix of random + dumb.
Kelly's run was a comedy, but it wasn't sitcom-tier.
If anything, Duggan & Posehn run was the real continuation of what Kelly did.
It's really sad what happened in first issue of SM/DP, and I won't lie, it really did read like something written by Way.
>>
>>78892436
How the fuck is Batman an "illegal immigrant."
>>
>>78892409
confirmed for not reading DC
>>
>>78892448
>Kelly's run was a comedy, but it wasn't sitcom-tier.
Rashomon.jpg
Those dialogues with Weasel were pretty sitcommy, and he was even chasing a girl like any good sitcom.
>>
>>78892409
Nigga. The dude they cout was a scam artist claiming to be a tax man not a mexican. The faggots that had him were a retarded militia group trying to have Arizona suceed from the US.
You've proven yourself to be a reactionary retard. Fuck off.
>>
>>78892462
I said iconic, not popular
>>
>>78892491
I love how you completely gloss over the fact that Kelly's run was a great mix of comedy, some really dark moments, plus character development, and steady supporting cast. Keep cherrypicking.
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1000x1537
>>78892409
Read this. Read the words.
>>
>>78892416
>Absurd jokes that don't hit?
Usually "randumb" means unfunny non-sequitur where the fact that it's a non-sequitur is itself the joke, rather than anything actually funny about what the non-sequitur is. An example would be something like if Deadpool were to suddeny stab someone and scream "WAFFLE TACOS XD." In context, him screaming that doesn't make any sense or contribute to anything, and on its own, "waffle tacos" isn't a joke or humorous, it's just a silly food. The humor here is supposed to be derived merely from the fact that it doesn't make sense and comes out of nowhere. Hence, randumb, since it's random and dumb.

But there wasn't really any of that in Spider-man/Deadpool so I'm sure that anon is just meme'ing by complaining about shit without being able to articulate what he didn't like about it.
>>
>>78892512
OK? Harley Quinn is hardly an illegal either though.
>>
>>78892493
The funny thing is that in the next issue, the merc squad accidentally kick out an apartment of illegals and then feel guilty about it.
>>
>>78891853
>Used to love Kelly-run
>Hated Waypool
>Loving Dugganpool
>Actually enjoyed the first issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool

I might be the only one, but I really don't see the problem here. It was funny and the art was pretty. (Of course I wasn't expecting any character-developement, since this book plays second fiddle to TWO other books)
>>
Why doesn't someone just storytime a good so we can have a better understanding as to why /co/ hates Way so much.
>>
>>78892560
They feel uncomfortable about all the homoeroticism, the large number of testicle jokes, and don't like the morality app.
>>
>>78892533
I gloss over it because nobody claimed it wasn't dramatic or had no character development or didn't have a good supporting cast. Hell sitcoms have had those since the 90s aswell.
Might also note that pretty much none of that is present in Deadpool #1 (which consisted of Deadpool fighting Sasquatch over some nuclear reactor thing on a merc mission) so the entire run is not exactly a fair comparison to one issue of SM/DP.
>>
>>78892587
Read all of duggan/posehn first col and shiklah/howling commandos and enjoyed it

How is the new vol
>>
>>78892560
I don't remember much of that "randumb" humor in Way either then. Only that he talked with himself/voices in his head which is why he sometimes said things apparently without context...to the other characters in the book. Not to the reader.
>>
I feel like Dugann's run burned out after The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. It's kind of mediocre right now.
>>
>>78892613
That's a valid point. I really hope that Kelly will rehabilitate himself with next issue
>>
>>78892620
Continues the same level of character work as the last vol but less jokey.
>>
>>78892560
>where the fact that it's a non-sequitur is itself the joke, rather than anything actually funny about what the non-sequitur is
I'm pretty sure that's extremely rarely the intention compared to how many things are called "randumb".
>>
>>78892610
OK, but all that stuff made some sense in-context. You can argue that it wasn't funny, and I'll give you that the morality app was pretty trite and Kelly overplayed the homo-jokes but it wasn't "lol randumb XD." It was just a couple lame jokes. The original Kelly run and his various ASM issues while he was a rotating artist were hardly filled with 10/10 bangers everytime either.
>>
>>78892574
How the hell do you think that's funny?
I'm really disappointed how low trolling has sunk.
>>
>>78892658
Get thicker skin faggot.
>>
>>78892644
It's common in amateur writing and tends to be used by teenagers trying to be funny who have yet to understand the nuance behind jokes.

But, like "mary sue" and other terms used to deride poor writing often used by amateurs, it's basically just been warped into a catch-all term for "non-traditional joke I don't like."
>>
>>78892671
I'm not offended, I just think you're unfunny.
>>
>>78892620
>How is the new vol
Feels just like the last one, so it's excelent IMO. Also carries over the plot-threads and the next one is kind of an inventory issue (featuring Deadpool 2099) which are always the best ones.
>>
>>78892639
Which makes sense considering the person who wrote most of the jokes is no longer working on it. (Apparently he's still contributing a little bit, but not enough to get co-writer status).
>>
>>78891929
But the Kelly run is actually still a compelling character driven story with three times as many hilarious jokes for the bad ones
>>
>>78892416
The movies actually similar to Kelly's run though
>>
File: Deadpool_v1_n27-p10.jpg (723 KB, 984x1496) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool_v1_n27-p10.jpg
723 KB, 984x1496
>>78892695
neo-Deadpool fans would call this randumb
>>
>>78892807
he was goading wolverine into a street fight so that he could grab a sample of his blood to hopefully fix his malfunctioning healing factor.
>>
>>78892807
>>78892977
This is the problem with Deadpool fans. Most of them have only seen out of context panels so Waypool's run seems like normal Deadpool to them when Deadpool isn't really all that random, he's just goofy.
>>
>>78893057
Ok, seriously, someone post me a panel in which Waypool is behaving lolsorandumb cause I can't remember any of it.
>>
>>78892005
Watch out there bud, you might hurt yourself with all those meems
>>
>>78891879
I found out the other day Adsit is based on an actual actor/comedian, Scott Adsit.

It was highly surprising
>>
Is it bad that my favorite Deadpool writer is Fabian Nicieza?
>>
>>78895347
No he's pretty fucking good
>>
>>78892620
Bit slow to start, especially if you don't know the characters pulled for Wade's new Merc business, but read in tandem rather than waiting between issues makes it much easier to digest.
Remember to check 3.1 for the Spanish issue. Posehn wrote that one, and he's still collaborating with Duggan, just not as intensely as before due to other projects.
Duggan also picked up Uncanny from Remender, and while the first issue with Stegman was rocky, by issue 2 both he and the artist picked up the slack. There's also Fabian Nicieza writing a digital comic like the Shiklah debut in Dracula's Gauntlet, with Deadpool and Cable setting up Cable joining the Uncanny Avengers
>>
File: 1450830774528.png (170 KB, 206x358) Image search: [Google]
1450830774528.png
170 KB, 206x358
>>78891929
Cable & Deadpool had him like the word chimichangas for only a couple panels and killing himself mostly because he didn't want to be awake and alone that day.

Waypool had him loving ebin chimichangas being "lmao soooo board I'll shoot my brains out"

Cable & Deadpool was the last time he wasn't a meme character and by god was that a top tier run.
>>
>>78898140
IIRC he said he didn’t even like chimichangas just the word because it sounded funny to him like spatula.
>>
>>78891971
I read it as a kid and it was my intro to Deadpool and a lot of C-list Marvel character (like Titania). The issue I remember the most is the Thom Cruz one.

Also I remember him getting raped by Typhoid Mary in the most fucked up way and it made me sad because he thought she was Syrin and that Syrin finally loved him like he wanted but it was Mary all along and he just starts crying there.

Oh and the way he held Blind Al against her will (and ocassionally tortured her for his amusement) was awful, and when she escaped she went and found this dude who helped her out and befriended her only to one day find him dead because Wade killed him and he said not to escape on him again or he would kill everyone she talks to or some awful shit.

Damn Kelly's DP was dark.
>>
>>78891853
So this book probably wasn't supposed to take place in ANAD Marvel was it? Because from when I read it, it really didn't seem to be that way aside from CEO Peter shoved in at the end.
>>
>>78898140
>Cable & Deadpool had him ebin loving the word "chimichangas" and killing himself because lmao he didn't wanna be awake that day
Yay, subjective filter!
>>
File: 1451073213907.jpg (162 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451073213907.jpg
162 KB, 1000x1000
>>78892807
So Deadpool did something that might be construed as lolsorandumb to get Wolverine's attention as a means to further an ulterior motive?

Sounds kind of like what happened in S-M/DP#1. It just dragged on too long and I think that's why people are getting that Way vibe from it. (People getting bent out of shape about the morality app thing are blowing it out of proportion I think.) Because Way would take that Dormammu bit, and stretch it out over an entire run.

Maybe I'm just not up on more recent Kellypool, but I think /co/ is being overly harsh on this book. I'm willing to give the guy a chance to tell a story and see where he goes with it.
>>
>>78894641
Yeah bruh. Watch 30 Rock.
>>
>>78901106
I was rewatching 30 Rock when I noticed the name, Adsit, during the opening credits. I was like "hmm, they look similar" so I googled it and it turns out the character was based off the actor.

And I haven't had anybody to tell until I saw a deadpool related thread
>>
>>78892136
SJW have been part of this site since beofre pol-tards invaded everywhere
>>
>>78891879
Duggan is more than fine. The whole Korea arc was amazing.
>>
>>78892136
>talking about someone else being triggered while being triggered by a writer's opinions

kek. Maybe marvel should have trigger warnings for the anti-sjws.
>>
>>78895347
I too think Cable & Deadpool was the GOAT
>>
>>78895347
Nope and you should check out Split-Second if you haven't, he writes the best DP and Cable dynamic and he made their relationship really special there.
>>
>>78891971
People on /co/ not reading comics? What a shocker.

No but seriously I always thought that was actually a meme with all the pirating going on here but surprisingly enough, it's true.
>>
>>78892092
His JLA was the shit. I loved the Obsidian Age.
>>
>>78892807
>Deadpool punching Kitty Pryde in the face
It's like Christmas came early
>>
>>78901772
My favorite example is when Bendis gets blamed for stupid shit someone else wrote.
>>
>>78902019
Never change, /co/.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.