[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, has Marvel finally found the book Soule is perfect for? Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: 559d8bd371dac.jpg (91 KB, 551x850) Image search: [Google]
559d8bd371dac.jpg
91 KB, 551x850
So, has Marvel finally found the book Soule is perfect for? Will Daredevil get richer with an another excellent run under his belt?
>>
>>78886190
Nah, /co/ only likes Soule when he's writing for DC
>>
How did soule end up explaining matt getting his identity back?
>>
>>78886854
Secret Wars blah blah blah
>>
backpedaling on basically everything Waid did and resetting his secret identity and lawyer status in New York was a total copout and complete BS, but if you can get past this, it was really good. As it's own thing, it's great.
>>
>>78886951
And I'm gonna be honest and say New York bores me. I like when more heroes operate in locations other than New York. So I was perfectly fine with DD not being in New York. Not that I don't find the book appealing, it does appeal to me somewhat. Even though it has somewhat of an Iron Fist feeling to it.
>>
>>78886951
Waid really wrote the charcter into a corner though
>>
>>78886983
DD belongs in Hell's Kitchen
>>
>>78886986

that's a Daredevil tradition tho, Bendis and Bru both did it
>>
I don't like this run very much SO FAR

It's only been 2 issues though? So, I'll wait till maybe 5th or 6th to drop or keep pulling
>>
>>78887017
>So, I'll wait till maybe 5th or 6th to drop or keep pulling

Until then Marvel already relaunched it again.
>>
>>78887017
I don't like you very much so far.
>>
Isn't the sidekick supposed to be an illegal alien, or did they wisely back out of that?
>>
>>78887009
To be fair, Matt going to jail at the end of Bendis was Brubaker's idea. Source: the first page of the first Brubaker Omni. Yes, I own that, shut up.
>>
so how memey is it?
>>
It's shallow, but I didn't pick it up because I hated the change in costume.
>>
here's an idea. make the fucking costume red.
>>
I'm a huge fanboy of horn head and even I know its too soon to tell.

It could all go downhill once its passed his first two planned stories? Who knows.

Issue 1 was superb. Issue 2 was just okay.
>>
>>78886190

Who the hell is the other guy that look like Gambit?
>>
>>78886910
Fuck sake

Does spiderman and black widow still know at least? And kingpin? I don't need some OMD shit
>>
>>78887154
>>78887155
>hivemind
but what the fuck is wrong with you people? We've had a red Daredevil long enough. The change of color really distinguishes the change in tone and separates it from Waid's previous run. Daredevil changes colors more often than a lot of heroes. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll go back to red eventually within this run anyways
>>
>>78887223
Samuel Chung a.k.a. Blindspot (new character)
>>
>>78887262
let me guess

he's the blind sidekick that Daredevil taught
>>
>>78887246
I did say it was a shallow reason.

Personally, I always thought Daredevil had one of those really close to perfect costumes. Why change what works so well?
>>
File: daredevil.jpg (175 KB, 536x890) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
175 KB, 536x890
>>78887332
Agreed. Why mess with perfection?
>pic related
>>
I don't like that they have thrown out any character development that could have grown out of Matt's identity being public with some vague "deal with the devil" kind of event.

I do like Garney and Milla's art on the book though.
>>
>>78887239
Foggy is the only person who knows Daredevil's identity.
>>
>>78887005
This.

>>78886983
I get what you're saying but DD not being in Hell's Kitchen was weird, it's like Batman leaving Gotham.
>>
>>78887314
Not blind, but stole an invisibility suit.
>>
>>78887525
He invented it himself.

But he's an illegal immigrant so he can't patent it or sell it
>>
>>78887586
Sorry for the inaccuracy. I think I mixed it up from reading the .1. Think he was actually stealing batteries for it.
>>
>>78887586
>illegal immigrant
let me guess he's a dirty muslim too?
>>
>>78887674
Chinese
>>
>>78887422
His identitt being public knowledge came back to bite him and everyone he cared about inbthe ass at the end of Waid's run, his identity being known has been a thing for over ten years now
>>
>>78887246
All black costumes are fucking boring and overdone to death. Why mess with something great?
>>
>>78887435
What in the literal fuxk, black widow knowing and kingpin knowing are important parts of his history fuck this gay earth OMD all over again
>>
>>78886190

Is this considered an excellent Daredevil run so far? It honestly seems kind of bland. Not bad or offensive but not particularly engaging
>>
>>78887134

Um I think you mean "Undocumented migrant" anon.
>>
What do you guys think of Soule's run?

I'm honestly not feeling it so far.
>>
File: oatmeal-bowl.jpg (71 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
oatmeal-bowl.jpg
71 KB, 500x284
>>78887965
>>
>>78887965
I like it well enough to keep picking it up. I'll decide once the Tenfingers arc is over whether or not it's worth keeping up with monthly or dropping to trade.
>>
>>78887932
It's too early to tell, Kirsten McDuffie hasn't shown up yet, so I'm digging it
>>
>>78887049
Wouldn't be surprised
that was the reason why I dropped Spider-gwen
So much potential but average execution
>>
>>78887153
it's got the yellow peril meme of the olden days
>>
>>78887246
I just hate the flaming DD personally
>>
>>78886190
It's not been good so far though.
>>
>>78886190
Matt working for the DA is a great idea. The costume is okay, but not great, the red suit needs to return. The villain is generic as fuck. Sidekick guy is bit of an entitled asshole, but that's how every sidekick is nowadays.
>>
>>78889769
Whatever you say, Mr. J.J. Jameson
>>
>>78887398
Only DD and Spider-Woman can pull off red and yellow pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>78887915
this desu
>>
Yeah, i'm glad Soule's on it. His She-Hulk run used his attorney know-how to great effect and i hoped for this. The spooky asian gang thing is a little... played out, but I trust him to do better.

I don't mind resetting status quo from Waid. Maid's run was good, sometimes great, but he did take it to a specific corner he wanted, in San Fran, identity known, in a 3 piece suit. I don't expect other writers to follow...suit. At least it had a conclusion or epilogue in the future issue/annual.
>>
What's with all this Marvel shilling of late?
>>
>>78892562
I was born to shill Marvel. Not that I actually pay money for anything other than Image.
>>
>>78892562
I don't know but it's really upsetting me. I come to /co/ to escape from Marvel shills since this is the only place on the internet where you're allowed to like DC without the SJWs ramming how un-PC you are for it down your throats and now they're all over the place and I hate it. I just want to talk about DC but I can't because of all these Marvel shills spamming the board with their shit that nobody cares about. Why is this allowed? This is why wwe need a sticky to tell them that marvel shills aren't welcome on this board.
>>
>>78892606
I like DC better, but I'm a huge DD fag in fact it's the only Marvel book I've followed for the past 10-15 years
>>
>>78892562

Some people read and enjoy comics and come to a comic board to talk about them.

>muh shilling
>muh clickbait
>muh viral marketing

calm down, no one's trying to get one over on you, you shrewd autist
>>
>>78892653

Fuck off shill
>>
>>78887149
Why would you be ashamed to own a nice collection of Brubaker's run, especially the first part? "Devil in Cell Block D" is a top-five all-time DD arc.
>>
>>78893566
It's more owning comics at all. /co/ seems pretty anti-buying comics especially when they're Marvel.
>>
>>78892642
>I like DC better, but I'm a huge DD fag
Bullshit, I love DC and DD but I'm not reading this run.
>>
My biggest problem with this book is the art. It has really bad fight composition and I think that is essential for a DD book.
>>
>>78893725

don't give into that bullshit man

not the anon you're responding to but besides downloading many big two comics i vote with my dollars on a number of books every month, as well as the occasional prestige purchases

be you anon, be a fan
>>
>>78893748
>Someone makes a different choice than me

>Bullshit
>>
I understand the desire to dump Waid's development for a more traditional DD status quo (I don't give a shit that he's a prosecutor now; I liked him as a defense attorney and the lawyering stuff will have an only slightly different flavor) but most of the really good runs have found ways to maneuver around and through the tumbleweeds of continuity that previous writers have left laying around. Brubaker managed to more or less reset from Bendis, but people still heavily suspected the dude was DD, they just couldn't prove it. I'm glad they've gone back to NY and a darker vibe for the book but I doubt there's going to be a satisfactory answer to the secret identity question.
>>
>>78893774
>be a fan
That's a weird way to spell "be a shill."
>>
>>78893748
Good for you, I too judge comics before I read them
>>
>>78893837

It's depressing that paranoid autists like you have ushered in this wave of cynicism
>>
>>78893882

see

>>78892685
>>
>>78886190
Trash book and trash writer
>>
>>78893772
Seriously no one else has a problem with that? The fights looked like shit.
>>
>>78893882
At least I'm not the one wasting money on SJW propoganda. The onyl reason to read comics these days is to stay up to date on the enemies moviements.
>>
>>78887932

Art's pretty good what with the heavy dark/red contrasts. Writing could use some work. The worst part though is the OMD-style reset that sticks Matt back in the Kitchen with a restored secret identity, and a very upset Foggy.
>>
>>78893725
I thought as a whole we don't care what you buy so long as you're not going out and buying copies of Trouble or shit like that.
>>
>>78895058
>Trouble or shit like that.
Yes, but for neo-/co/ "Trouble or shit like that" is anything currently being published that isn't written by Tom King.
>>
>>78887915
So Soule has basically retconned the entire three runs before him. I guess he is going to repeat Bru/Diggle's mistake and overplay the Hand again.
>>
>>78886517
Maybe it's me, but I really don't think his runs on Inhumans and Wolverine were any good. Swamp Thing is probably the best thing he has written for the Big 2 and nothing has come close.
>>
File: Daredevil_Vol_1_7.jpg (88 KB, 350x537) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_Vol_1_7.jpg
88 KB, 350x537
>>78887911
It's not all black, though. It's red on black instead of red on black with red highlights.
>>
>>78895426
This. Inhuman and Wolverine were shit. I was hype as fuck for Soule at Marvel and then he wrote a bunch of garbage and randomly killed Elixir.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.