[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you saw a western family cartoon blatantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: LefouMoreBeer.jpg (65 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
LefouMoreBeer.jpg
65 KB, 800x800
When was the last time you saw a western family cartoon blatantly showing alcohol consumption?
>>
>>78881190
uh.. tangled.
disney movies are allowed to get away with that stuff
>>
A long time.

I don't know, as soon as kids are 11 or 12 they can watch their Family Guy reruns, Rick and Morty and South Park.
Is it really a massive problem if they don't see people drinking booze in their cartoons when they're 10?

I mean, I'd be ok with it, but in the end, who the fuck cares. It's one of the smallest non-issues I've ever seen brought up.
>>
>>78881190

>I use antlers in all of my DE-corating
>>
>"It's more than I can BEER"
>"More BEAR?"
>>
In Despicable Me, there's a scene of a hillbilly protecting a giant beer. There was also alcohol references in the Barnyard movie.
>>
Ratatouille had a main character get drunk off his ass.
>>
LARGE SEMEN INTAKE
>>
Happens all the time.

Smoking is far more rare by comparison.
>>
Tacobell?
>>
>>78881305
Christ, it's just a question, pal.
>>
>>78881497
I remember when Disney tried to tell Miyazaki not to put smoking in When the Wind Rises and he told them to fuck off.
>>
>>78881190
The Good Dinosaur had the main characters hallucinate after they ate fermented fruit. I'm not sure anything gets more recent or mainstream than a Pixar movie that came out about two months ago.
>>
>>78881898
Smoking was a mistake
>>
>>78881985
It's nothing but
>cough
>cough
>cough
>>
Even in modern day Disney animated features, adult characters will drink what is very obviously alcohol, but it's still rare to hear it called by name.

It's been said earlier, but smoking is much rarer
>>
>>78881898
Source? That sounds like something Disney would do, but I didn't really think about it considering the theme of the movie. Designing histories most infamous one way ticket aircrafts should weigh heavily on the protagonist, but this guy does little more than spare it a thought and then accept it. No tears, no apology, no "oh god what have I done" just an acknowledgment and acceptance. All while being allied with Nazis who attended his wedding.
>>
>>78881514
your father was in here RAVING last night
>>
>>78881190
I want cartoons to start treating marijuana the same as alcohol. The cranky old dad that comes home from work and sits in front of the football game and vapes until his pork chop is ready.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 332x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 332x315
>>78881190
HOP HOP HOP BORDURIA!! BORDURIA!!!

BOOORDUUURIIIIAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
>>
>>78881966
Came here to say this, but not sure if it counts as "blatant". Do kids realize that fermented fruit is alcohol? Plus the scene where they are drunk was more of a generic drug trip, less drunk.

>>78881898
This needs to be sourced because it sounds highly circumspect. Ghibli DID send Disney a katana when they debated going back on their agreement and editing Princess Mononoke to make it more family friendly.

>>78882398
This seems to be the ticket. Drinking is common enough, but they very rarely verbally acknowledge it. Last time I remember was in Frozen when Hans starts pissing away the kingdom's money on glögg for the peasants, but even then, that would go over most American's heads in general, let alone kids.
>>
File: disney-characters-drunk-pixar.gif (764 KB, 500x178) Image search: [Google]
disney-characters-drunk-pixar.gif
764 KB, 500x178
>>78881487
This. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.
>>
I wonder if wine's less likely to be censored than beer in a disney movie.
>>
>>78883640
Also Brave. Can't have a vikings movie without a mention of getting wasted.
>>
>>78881190
Frozen
>>
>>78881514
>>78883133
Goddamn it.
>>
File: disney0.jpg (72 KB, 640x395) Image search: [Google]
disney0.jpg
72 KB, 640x395
>>78881190
>>78881258
Disney World has beer and wine now, bitches!
>>
>>78883813
>Brave
>Vikings

The movie is about Gaels. I know they're both associated with horned helmets but they're not the same thing.
>>
Clone Wars from the few episodes I watched recently. Boba tries to have a drink from a bar and Aurra Sing stops him from drinking it because of his age. Another episode has Anakin arrest Obi Wan's "killer" and flat out says "He's drunk!"
It's Star Wars but it didn't do anything to make it a kid friendly show, some bars even had exotic dancers.
>>
>>78884674
Is it even good though? I bet it's overpriced swill, but Space Mountain must be amazing while drunk.
>>
File: It's a Small World.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1626) Image search: [Google]
It's a Small World.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1626
Unfortunately, alcohol seemed to be scarce in the Magic Kingdom, so there wouldn't be much opportunity to try Space Mountain drunk. Could be interesting on LSD though.

There's tons of it in Epcot and Disney Studios though. Can't remember seeing any great beer, but there was some decent stuff available and Epcot's France had some good wine. Don't know about Animal Kingdom.

Keep in mind that it's Disney World, so pretty much everything is overpriced as fuck.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.