[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi tes/GraphicCity/news/?a=
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nf7e2v77FJ1r9u466o1_1280.png (405 KB, 1280x558) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf7e2v77FJ1r9u466o1_1280.png
405 KB, 1280x558
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=129827

>>Expectations are extremely high for Avengers: Infinity War. It's the first two-part film from Marvel Studios and will finally unleash Thanos (Josh Brolin) in all his devastating glory. But just how big is the film. At Wizard World New Orleans, directors Joe & Anthony Russo teased the film's scope by revealing how many characters are central to the film's plot. When Anthony Russo mistakenly referred to Hayley Atwell's Marvel character as 'Sharon' Carter, his brother Joe came to his defense. "We have so many characters we're dealing with. We're breaking ground on Avengers: Infinity War. We have a board with 67 characters on it. You have to forgive him."
>> 67 characters
>> 67 characters in Infinity Wars
>>Mother fucking 67 characters.

I'm worried.
>>
>>78878418
Didn't they say they were having trouble with the Netflix heroes?
I think they'll be the first to get dropped assuming AoS isn't involved.
>>
>>78878418

67? I think it doesn't mean that there's 67 heroes in the movie. it just can't
>>
>>78878418
>67
>Avengers
>GotG
>Netflix heroes
>Thanos
>Death
>Loki
>Zemo and Masters of Evil
is that 67?
>>
File: 1130394848205.png (605 KB, 635x553) Image search: [Google]
1130394848205.png
605 KB, 635x553
>>78878418

These movies are going to be when the MCU bubble finally bursts.
>>
I'm going to go ahead and do a head count.
>>Six Avengers
>>Eight for Wanda and Pietro
>>Black Panther, Ant-Man, Bucky, Dr. Strange, Wasp would be 13
>>The five Guardians for 18, plus Mantis
>>Nebula and Thanos for 21
>>Oh, and Spider-Man for 22
>>Pepper, Happy, Fury, Maria, Dr. Selvig for 27

God damn, I need to stop now before this destroys me.
>>
>>78878558
You're forgetting Fury, Maria Hill, Pepper, Jane, Yondu, Aunt May, etc.
>>
...what are those paychecks gonna look like?!
>>
>>78878628
Pym for 28
Zemo and Loki, 29 30
>>
>>78878558
>>78878628
>>78878674

jesus fucking christ, how is that supposed to work?

I hated avengers 1 for being too filled with characters. 2 was shit when it came to characters AND story but this? there won't be anything else but action scenes, will there?

this will be the transformers 4 of the MCU
>>
>>78878738
Hope, 31
>>
>>78878628
Vision
>>
File: Ultimatum_Teaser.jpg (252 KB, 1050x1350) Image search: [Google]
Ultimatum_Teaser.jpg
252 KB, 1050x1350
>>78878754
>how is that supposed to work?
You do what you always do when a story has too many characters.
>>
>>78878804
>>78878816
Both already counted
>>78878628
>>
>>78878816
Uhhh... Trying to avoid the TV guys until the end because they're pretty dang unlikely.
Odin, 33.

Sif, 34.
>>
>>78878628

John C. Reilly and Glenn Close
>>
>>78878754
Think about the LoTR movies and how many characters there were. Is it really that different especially if it's being split into 2 parts?
>>
>>78879023
There weren't 67 characters in LOTR.
>>
File: superheroes.jpg (80 KB, 550x290) Image search: [Google]
superheroes.jpg
80 KB, 550x290
>>78878418
Imagine the insane photoshoots there's gonna be when the marketing comes around. You just know we're getting an MCU version of pic related
>>
>>78879079
Are you sure about that? You don't think there were 67 characters between the 3 films? Or the three Hobbit films?
>>
>>78878884
>>78878943
35, 36.

Howard the Duck, 37.
>>
Thank God the Defenders won't be in it. Gonna be a big huge shit
>>
>>78879134
I want a double size poster.
>>
Earth Heroes - 16
>Banner
>Stark
>Clint
>Natasha
>Steve
>Wanda
>Rhodey
>Bucky
>Sam
>Vision
>Pym
>Lang
>Hope
>T'Challa
>Strange
>Spider-Man

GotG / Cosmic - 15
>Starlord
>Rocket
>Groot
>Drax
>Gamora
>Thor
>Odin
>Heimdall
>Sif
>Yondu
>Howard the Duck
>Nova Prime
>Corpsman Dey (ya dingus)
>Collector
>Nebula

SHIELD & Supporting (Earth) - 7
>Fury
>Hill
>Pepper
>Sharon
>Aunt May
>Happy
>Dr. Selvig

Baddies - 3
>Thanos
>Loki
>Zemo

Maybes - 2
>Red Skull
>Pietro

Defenders / Netflix - 6, at least
>Daredevil
>Jessica Jones
>Iron Fist
>Luke Cage
>Punisher
>Kingpin

AoS - 4
>Coulson
>Mockingbird
>Deathlok
>Daisy/Quake

that's at least 50, and that's without knowing who else might be revealed in Strange and BP films.
>>
>>78879933
I could see a lot of the supporting types all being in a control room/base while the heroes are fighting Thanos. So that's not too hard. Also Pym is either going to be a supporting character or dead by Infinity War. Or he goes out in style by putting on the costume one last time.
>>
>>78879933
If Zemo is there likelihood is that the MoE will be there too.
>>
>>78879933
Klaw maybe? That Cho woman?
>>
>>78879933
Don't forget Elektra and Hellcat
>>
When Iron Man's not on the screen, all 66 characters should be asking, "Where's Iron Man?"
>>
Fantastic Four's In
>>
>>78879134
>insane photoshoots

No way do you get 67 actors together in costume for a photo. It's gonna be a shopped together POS.
>>
>>78878628
We also have to consider the characters coming from Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange.
I'm crossing my fingers for Mephisto
>>
>>78880840
Also the Inhumans film may come after the movie but they could be introduced beforehand. Black Bolt talking at Thanos please?
>>
These are all the named heroes/important agents I could count:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Bucky
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Vision
War Machine
Agent 13
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket
Groot
Mantis (?)
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Spider-Man
Dr. Strange
Captain Marvel
Sif
Fandral
Hogun
Volstagg
Coulson
Quake
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Punisher
Elektra
Hellcat
Mockingbird
Dethlok

That's 41 plus you got Thanos, Loki, Nebula, Death, The Collector, Nova's, Asgardians, Ravagers, whoever shows up in Thor 3, GotG2 and Captain Marvel. Also all the wombats/interns/community cameos/shield agents/inhumans. I'm sure they can conjure up 67 out of that no sweat., Even if from Fandral down they don't show up, which I don't think they will.
>>
>>78881031
>>78879933

And you know you'll have a huge-ass IMAX splash screen with at least 3/4 of all these looking at Thanos unimpressed. This will be the equivalent of the round-shot from Av1 where we forget all the bullshit and flaws of the MCU and just cream our pants out of sheer hype and absolute madmen.
>>
>>78878418

The thing about IW is you don't need strong arcs for most characters, and the 67 number is probably not all heroes or final. I still contend IW 1 will mostly be a the Russo's take on Thanos' Quest, heavy on Thanos' point of view. With IW 2 being the real blowout, since we will have the solo Captain Marvel and Wasp in a solo with a major action role out by then. I also believe Inhumans will debut in IW 2 before their own film, Like Black Panther and Spidey in CW. Then you have Celestial which will be more visual.

Ambitious but I'm glad their are 2 minds directing.
>>
>>78881232
Also Gunn has hinted that he will be consulting on the cosmic side of things regarding the Guardians and such.
>>
I'm gonna guess that characters like Pepper will be killed off.
>>
>>78878418
67 over two movies? Or just the first?
>>
>>78881299

True. And Ragnarok is looking to add a bunch of new characters. And whatever Captain Marvel add on the cosmic side, depending on their approach for CM I'm guessing she will debut in IW 1 since it will be a more cosmic focused story.

>>78881349
>Pepper will be killed off.

Don't think so. Pepper will be with Tony while he sad about CW. BP will slap the shit out of him and tell Tony to come to Wakanda with him because their satellite picked op a threat coming. Pepper will stay home, that will be the only time we see Pepper in both IW's.
>>
>>78881504

Over the whole thing it sounds like. Apparently when they start filming they aren't stopping til both are finished.
>>
>>78878564
Bubbles don't have anything to do with the number of characters bro
>>
>>78881512
>BP will slap the shit out of Tony and tell him to come to Wakanda with him because their satellites picked up a threat coming.

This is why I think when Feige say's BP's solo film is really important and leads into IW it has nothing to do with an Infinity Stone. Black Panther will be the one to see Thanos coming (and maybe also Doc Strange) and reunite the scattered Avengers. He has the tech and Nation to support a counter offensive.
>>
Thanos probbably has his mook army introdueced in Guardians 2 some more
>>
>>78882259

It's already confirmed no Thanos in GOTG 2.

I think he shows up in Ragnarok.
>>
>>78879023
Don't even compare the world building in LotR to the likes of Marvel. There is no comparison, and don't say the source material is better because Jack and Stan's mythology is just inspired as Tolkein's.
>>
>>78882259
Already confirmed no Thanos in GotG 2.
They said next time we see him he'll be fucking shit up.
>>
>>78880840
>spoiler

I don't think Spider-Man is going to be married by the time Infinity War comes out.
>>
>>78882508
>Don't even compare the world building in LotR to the likes of Marvel.

Are you retarded? Marvel is not building a world, they are building a universe. And building it in a completely different manner.

The MCU is doing much BIGGER things than what the LotR's did, LotR is pretty damn straight forward by comparison. You're are right, don't compare them, Marvel has a bigger lift.
>>
>>78883886
ehhhhh
Scope doesn't actually mean that much in world-building.
Detail and connectivity are more important
>>
>>78884058

You honestly think by the time Inhumans is done you will feel the same way?

imo Inhumans is the film that changes MCU earth forever.
>>
>>78884237
Yes, because that's exactly the problem.
The MCU is just movie after movie.
I like them individually, and I think that the shared universe is cool, but they're really quite individual movies.
There's a vague outline of what the next movies will be, but there isn't a complex, cohesive vision of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the same level as Tolkien's Middle Earth.
A new movie might add something cool to the story, and that's very exciting, but with Tolkien those things are following not what a new book's plot requires, but the history of Middle Earth, which seems as set and intricate as the history of the actual fucking Earth
>>
>>78883886
Marvel's world building has been very inconsistent. Details from film to film have outright contradicted each other.
>>Iron Man blows up his Iron Legion, immediately has it again in Age of Ultron.
>>Nick Fury going undercover and the world believes he's dead, immediately back in next film.
>>Hell, the thing that should revolutionize the world, the fact that ALIENS CAME DOWN FROM THE SKY, is largely ignored and has no consequence.

Lord of the Rings at least felt like there was a constant culture and changes from location to location in the film. Marvel is stuck inside cold interiors and can't have an action sequence outside of a city. In fact, it makes Marvel seem cheaper when you think of how many indoor sets they resort to.
>>
>>78884340
And even then, we have a lot of films that add nothing to the Marvel Universe. In a perfect world, each Marvel film would progress things forward. But so far, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor: the Dark World were largely pointless.

I think the other burning thing is that there are rarely any consequences that follow film to film. How is the MCU's economy still fine when several major companies have been wiped off the map and the major government protection agency just disappears? How come there isn't this boom in space exploration after the events of the first Avengers? Or even better, why the military isn't investing in tech to fight aliens?
Each film just sort of starts with the world back in the same place it normally is, and it bothers me.
>>
>>78884340
exactly. And compare LotR where new concepts are barely ever explained, they're just there and the viewer must catch up. Elves, dwarfs, magic, it's just part of the universe whereas in Marvel they have to constantly explain away Asgard, the infinity gems, etc. LotR does it in a much more organic way. The opening of Fellowship plonks you right in there with rings of power, elves, dark wizards, orcs, all in five minutes.

World building is more than just references or names of things that only people familiar with the source material would know. It's introducing elements that are meaningful and are important to the story and universe. The Star Wars prequels manage this better than Marvel has so far.
>>
>>78878628
Daredevil, Jones, Fist, and Cage
>>
>tfw Thanos recruits villains like Blonsky, Leader, and Skull as well as revives Purple man and even Cross ans lets lose hell

good forbid this will either be the greatest cape film in history or the biggest mistake in all of cinema

Its already getting SO MUCH MONEY
>>
SW and LotR don't go into much detail about their worlds in the movies. SW for example handles it pretty much the same way GOTG does.

Also neither world changes from the status quo it's started in. There is a problem that's beginning to escalate and that same problem escalates until the end of the trilogy. All you really get from both is new fantasy/sci-fi locales and characters each sequel. MCU can't do this so much (again except for GOTG) because it's largely been set on an earth comparable to ours, in current time. The New stuff added is more along the lines of new tech, new heroes, and more history added (Hydra reveal, Pym Particles) that they have to adapt to the cinematic world they have created and not copy past from a book where the only thing to decide is what to cut for time (looking at you LotR).

Marvel can't go the traditional fantasy world building approach because the structure of comics in general is different.

Hell I would say MCU has experienced more diverse shifts in its world than either. MCU started out with a Super Soldier in a 1940's world (continued in AC) just beginning crazy tech(magic for you fantasy nuts). To a mid 2000's where heroes start popping up like weeds. To alien invasions the aftermath of which has real effect (Daredevils entire world [City] is what it is because of the invasion). To the actions of those heroes causing major political rifts. Too who knows else in phase 3.

Compare that to LotR where it starts off on a mission and stays on that mission to the end. Same with SW.

You are basically comparing finished works to works still in progress. Phase 3 is CLEARLY on another level in what it's adding. Both on earth, in Asgard, multiple dimensions in Doc Strange, Gunn expanding cosmic Marvel, WAKANDA and so on.

Sorry gents. I'm going to have to disagree.
>>
>>78885452
Wow what a fag.
>>
>>78878418
I'm hyped.
>>
>>78878526
67 characters in total.
>>
>>78881701
> But Wanda is likely training with Strange, and they might be investigating Dormammu and Chthon, rather than Thanos.

> Thor and Hulk are in Asgard most likely.

> Vision is with Warlock and the GotG most probably.

So all the big shots are away from Earth...Fury might come knocking at Clint's asking for Wanda.

I think Wasp and BP re-form those Avengers still on Earth...but the off'world ones are on their own.
>>
>>78879933
there's also this guy
>>
MYSTICS
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
Clea
Brother Voodoo

COSMICS
Adam Warlock
Vision
Magus
GotG
Nova
Mar'Vell

ASGARDIAN
Thor
Loki

ELDER GODS/CELESTIALS/BIG GUYS
Oshtur
Chthon
Eternity
Dormammu

EARTH AVENGERS
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Wasp
Falcon
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man

MOOKS/MINIONS
Nova Corp
Kree Armada
N'grai
Chitauri
Mindless Ones

BLACK ORDER
Corvus Glaive
Proxima Midnight
Black Dwarf
Supergiant
Ebony Maw
+ Augmented Red Skull
>>
Thor
Hulk
Stark
Steve
BW
Bucky
Hawkeye
Strange
SW
Fury
Spiderman
Antman
Vision
Black Panther
War Machine
Falcon
Agent 13
Maria Hill
Loki
Heimdall
Starlord
Groot
Rocket
Gamora
Nebula
Drax
Mantis
Ross
Collector
Wasp
Yondu
Sif
Pym
Nova Prime
Fandrall
Hogun
Selvig
Volstagg
Ancient One
Thanos
Death

I'm out.
>>
>>78884477
>Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor: the Dark World were largely pointless.
Iron Man 2 set-up SHIELD in the MCU. The Dark World gave us the introduction to the Infinity Stones. Both served pretty key points.

IM3 was pointless though, yeah.
>>
File: 1434402500431.jpg (29 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
1434402500431.jpg
29 KB, 600x911
>>78878558
I am convinced the Netflix heroes won't have anything to do with the movies. It's brand stuff; they can't put Daredevil being awesome in a kids' movie and make them want to watch a series that has a guy impaling his own face.
>>
The Infinity Gauntlet comic had to have way more than 67 characters.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.