[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst of Adventure Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20
I've been told Seasons 4-6 of Adventure Time have some of the worst writing ever implemented into animation

What is the worst Adventure Time episode?
>>
Breezy.
>>
>>78876820

Is that the episode where Finn was raped by Lumpy Space Princess

9/10 the female demographic of this show believes that episode was a fever dream.
>>
>>78876786
People are over dramatic. Just watch it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>78877050

I used to watch this with my Ex in bed with her on her phone.

Her favorite character is Princess Bubblegum saying how she was the most emotionally well written female character of the decade.
>>
>>78876820

...that was literally the turning point in the show and really good when taken as itself rather via some meta "it's not season 1!" standard.

>>78877105
Laser swan. Chicks dig the laser swan.
>>
>>78876941
>9/10 the female demographic
was then 70% of the AT audience
>>
>>78877162

Her second favorite is Marceline followed by Flame Princess then Ice King in #4

Please. Lich is clearly best
>>
>>78876820
>>78876941
Breezy was the last truly good "dramatic" episode of the show.

I never understood /co/'s hateboner for it. The show did something truly unexpected, and it seemed like the way Finn got cucked by Cinnamon Bun was finally going to lead somewhere.. exciting. It didn't, though. All Breezy did was give Finn his arm back.

I've been saying this since the first general, and I'll keep saying it because nothing you guys say about Breezy ever makes sense to me.

>>78877105
She has a point. Bubblegum is someone who has shut out all empathy and morality in the name of progress and has consequently isolated herself. You'd think that a "girl who's smart and does science" would be portrayed as a good thing because we need positive role models for women or someshit. This show doesn't do that.

Or maybe she just is stupid and goes "ooh, a woman being smart." I dunno, she's your girlfriend.
>>
>>78877162
>...that was literally the turning point in the show
The turning point towards being completely shit?

>and really good when taken as itself
It's fucking incoherent by itself.
>Oh here's a bee she's such a creeper trying to get at that flower oh wait it's actually Finn's fault for leading her on and making her do a drastic thing to save him without knowing he was doing it all of a sudden LSP rapes him but then his old crush from three seasons ago appears to him in a vision and gives his arm back the end.
>>
>>78877189

I'm still in full belief that Adventure Time appeals more to girls and Steven's Universe appeals to boys

Girls fucking hate Stevens Universe.
>>
>>78877259
More boys watch SU =/= girls hate SU.

There's still a significant female audience for that show.
>>
>>78877234

I hate what they have done with Marceline now making her the main focus of Season 7

who cares? The show is called ADVENTURE TIME not Bubblegum and Marceline adventures in lesbian implications.
>>
>>78877255

way to not get the last part.

Finn already had the seed thing and thanks to the honey the arm grew back
>>
>>78877291

Its truly a minority. My ex told me Stevens Universe is the worst show Cartoon Network has...you can tell she doesn't watch Cartoon Network that often if that's the case considering that title belongs to TTG or Uncle Grandpa
>>
>>78877255
You sound like a cucked faggot with that post, kill yourself
>>
>>78877255
>>Oh here's a bee she's such a creeper trying to get at that flower oh wait it's actually Finn's fault for leading her on and making her do a drastic thing to save him without knowing he was doing it all of a sudden LSP rapes him but then his old crush from three seasons ago appears to him in a vision and gives his arm back the end.
The point seemed to me, at the time, that Finn had finally gained his arm back, but at the cost of his innocence. He's hurt people and engaged in self-destructive behavior. He's not the little boy he was when the show started.

That got dropped, though. All the shit about growing up and changing was dropped.
>>
>>78877375
I'm glad your ex represents the majority of women.

You should tell me her cup size so I don't have to bother memorizing my girlfriend's next time I buy her some clothes, I can just rely on your ex's as the base model of the female population.
>>
>>78877375
>someone you know who doesn't even watch CN says that SU sucks
>therefore most girls hate SU

Okay
>>
>>78877522

If I recall the day we went bra shopping I think she told me she was a C or a C+

Pro tip...never go shopping with a woman ever. Because they ask you questions like what color bra would look good on me

The answer is don't open your mouth.
>>
>>78877365
Wow okay right the seed got soaked in honey and that made it grow that's really intuitive.

>>78877501
>The point seemed to me, at the time, that Finn had finally gained his arm back, but at the cost of his innocence.
Could you even come up with a more banal message come on. And why am I supposed to conclude that losing his innocence is what led to his arm coming back? The song that came with the arm was about finding TRU LUV and oh shit there IS a more banal message nevermind sorry for busting your balls.
>>
BOARDER'S FOR THIS WEEK'S EPISODES
>Angel Face
Kim and Xayaphone
>President Porpoise is Missing
Sam Alden (boarded the mountain with jmoyns, is jmoyns's partner this season) and Kent Osborne
>Blank Eyed Girl
kim and xayaphone
>Bad Jubies
Stop Motion Guest Episode by Kirsten Lepore
>A king's Ransom
not known yet
>>
>>78877529

Senpai most females don't even get that Adventure Time has a plot now its no longer episodic even tho its trying to get back to that original formula.

Marceline is the #1 favorite character for girls and she eats up way way WAY too much screentime.
>>
>>78877610
The answer is black or red god damn that's the colors she likes it's not difficult.
>>
>>78877645
holy shit, xayaphone did two episodes that weren't pure garbage... in a row?
>>
File: Murrlogic vs the world.png (612 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Murrlogic vs the world.png
612 KB, 1366x768
>>78877674

Wrong. Her favorite color was Green.
>>
>>78877628
>The song that came with the arm was about finding TRU LUV
I thought it was the juxtaposition/irony stuff that a lot of great movies do with music, like The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, and EoE. I was wrong, I guess.
>>
File: 1446269148308.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1446269148308.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>78877718
You know what else is green
MY PUKE
>>
>>78876786
Friends Forever by a long shot. Breezy caused a lot of trouble when it came out, but it wasn't *that* bad after all.
>>
Season 4 is amazing, whoever says otherwise is a complete fucking moron.
>>
File: 1448567948354.jpg (226 KB, 929x870) Image search: [Google]
1448567948354.jpg
226 KB, 929x870
>>78877730
Considering how little there was to indicate that then yeah I guess you were.
>>
File: 477552529_640.jpg (44 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
477552529_640.jpg
44 KB, 640x404
>>78877769

Explain why?

>>78877759

I've been smeckledorfed
>>
>>78877773

People only really seem to enjoy Seasons 1-3 because they focus namely on The Ice King wanting to rape princesses because he's bored and lonely
>>
>>78877834
here's your (You)
>>
>>78877793
Unlike many other classical hate episodes Friends Forever literally serves no purpose at all, while at the same time being one of the most annoying and cringy things television has put out so far in the 2010s. The highly pretentious development of the story, the unlikeable episode characters and the general lack of humour^10 is just mindblowing.
>>
>>78877893

Could you sound anymore vauge? Elaborate a bit more clearly. Plot points. Details. Specifics.

>>78877867

Tumblr detected accept the fact that's been Simon's end game since he put on the crown he has no control over his raging erection
>>
So thanks to the new leaked episode we now know that Ooo must lie somewhere in today's Northeastern US, as the dried ocean/Wastelands desert shows pic related.
>>
>>78877959
I just realized that I wrote Friends Forever twice without meaning that episode. Friends Forever was a bit annoying, but /co/ is autistic when it comes to the lamp and they probably made me say dumb shit too.

I actually mean Chips and Ice Cream.
>>
>>78876786
On an objective level I think it's Red Throne.

>No funny jokes throughout the entire episode
>Character's facial expressions are nauseating the whole way through
>Finn is a bigger jackass than he was in Frost and Fire for no reason
>Roddy Piper is wasted on a boring character and that awkward 3 minute They Live fight was painful to watch
>Cinnamon Bun is suddenly a super cool guy out of the blue only because the show wanted to shame Finn further
>They try to cover up the fact that Flame Princess did nothing in the episode by having her pointlessly punch the Fire Lord while he's already down

Being objective in something like this is impossible but I think if there ever was an objectively worst episode of Adventure Time this would be it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118 KB, 1366x768
>>78877960
I rarely use spoiler, sorry m80s
>>
>>78877105
In a sense she isn't wrong
>>
>>78878041

They referenced "They Live" on an episode of Adventure Time?

Did he shoot a bunch of candy people dead?
>>
>>78878041
>Finn is a bigger jackass than he was in Frost and Fire for no reason
It was him going down a dark path so that he could recover later. They forgot the "recover" part.

My problem isn't what they did, it's what they didn't do.

Also, the worst episode was Betty. Bringing back Simon ruined the pathos created by his absence.
>>
>>78878085

Its a tie between Marceline and PBG

Marceline is more marketable but PBG has better episodes.
>>
>>78878133
Nah, but two characters who were voiced by Keith David and Roddy Piper re-enacted the fist fight scene (kind of).
It wasn't very good though.
>>
>>78878148

Remember that episode that involved a giant mysterious force attacking all the Wizards of Ooo and Finn and Jake didn't know about this at all?

and how the conflict was resolved when Simon's wife punched this skinny nerd inside the mass in the face and then BOOM end of episode?

That episode fucking sucked because shit just happened and it ended with Ice King kidnapping muscle princess.
>>
>>78878148
He didn't need to go any lower after Too Old.
The show sidetracked his little arc just because they wanted to show the audience that he was still super gross and terrible, for some reason.

He had been doing pretty decent at working things out within himself in the episodes between Earth and Water and Red Throne but then they torpedoed that for no reason.
>>
>>78878176

Damn not even a "Kick Butt and Chew Bubblegum reference?"
>>
>>78878297
Nope.
They trash talked a little bit before hand but from what I recall it was only about either who would rule the kingdom or who would decide what happens to Flame Princess (either she marries or something).
>>
>>78878263
Literally jmoyns working through his issues by shitting over finn-as-self-insert, selfishly crapping up a show. Rather than spend money on actual therapy, or even rather than doing it in his own work that nobody has to care about being shat up.
>>
>>78878352

BORING!
>>
>>78878383
Basically.
>>
>>78878246
I remember how Finn and Jake's contribution to that episode was literally sitting on a bike and pedaling to power one of Simon's machines.

Really not sure why they bother having them show up to do shit like that sometimes, surely the plot would have benefited from using that time in better ways.
>>
>>78878496

I don't think they even go into detail who that person who got punched was or why he was attacking all the wizards of Ooo

>Plot Progression? Uh..LOOK MORE IMPLICATIONS BETWEEN MARCELINE AND BUBBLEGUM
>>
for many CN show's there's a backdoor way to view production codes: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/cnservice/cartoonsvc/content/xml/getContentById.do?contentId=511521
not all shows have production codes for episode numbers (for example, the first 6 seasons of AT just show episode pairings that's usually closer to airing order than production order) but for show's that do it's been accurate. there's also the filenames of promotional images
Season 7 of AT in production order:
205 Bad Jubies (boarded by Kirsten Lepore)
206 Cherry Cream Soda (Graham Falk)
207 Football (Emily Partridge and Luke Pearson)
208 Varmints (Mukai and Adam Muto)
209 Bonnie and Neddy (Tom Herpich and Steve Wolfhard)
210 my guess based off of pic related is Angel Face (Seo Kim and Somvilay Xayaphone)
211 my guess based off of pic related is President Porpoise is Missing (Sam Alden and Kent Osborne)
212 Stakes part 1 (jmoyns and ako castuera)
213 Stakes part 2 (muto and Hanna K. Nyström)
214 stakes part 3 (herpich and wolfhard)
215 stakes part 4 (kim and xayaphone)
216 stakes part 5 (partidge and pearson)
217 stakes part 6 (jmoyns and castuera)
218 Mama Said (Mukai and Osborne)
219 stakes part 8 (herpich and wolfhard)
220 my guess based off of pic related is creepy girl (kim and xayaphone)
221 my guess based off of pic related is A King's Ransom (boarders not known yet)
222 stakes part 7 (jmoyns and castuera)
223 Summer Showers (falk)
224 The More you Moe, the Moe you know part 1 (herpich and wolfhard)
225 my best guess based off of pic related is Scamps
226 my guess based off of pic related is Crossover
227 my guess based off of pic related is Frog Seasons (hasn't been announced yet, might have its title changed)
228 Moe 2 parter part 2 (herpich and wolfhard
>>
I dropped the show after Breezy, so that is the worst episode for me.
>>
>>78876786
Season 4 isn't quite the same level as 5 and 6, IMO.
>>
>>78876786
>63-edited screencap
>still a nightgown
kekkle
>>
>>78877610
Black. The answer is always black, or other dark colors.

Every girl needs one or two white/nude bras for light shirts, but those get grubby looking quickly so never drop serious bra money on anything white.
>>
>>78882532
>wearing a bra
enjoy your atrophied ligaments
>>
>>78877189
most guys i meet like adventure time and dislike steven university

all grill animators at my school luv SU
>>
>>78882687
>not wearing a bra
Enjoy your sore back and pokey nipples.
>>
>>78882886
>sore back
shit core strength detected
>>
>>78877162
>That was literally the turning point in the show
Well yeah, to me it felt like the turning point that confirmed the writers attitude of "Yeah, there'll never be any meaningful changes to the status quo that stick for more than a half dozen episodes, fuck you."
>>
>>78883263
tiny tits detected
>>
File: 1433558074050.gif (152 KB, 522x300) Image search: [Google]
1433558074050.gif
152 KB, 522x300
I love Adventure Time. Its not high art but each episode is different enough to keep me interested in the show even if the "plots" that piss people off so much are kind of lame.
>>
>>78877162
>that was literally the turning point in the show
it billed itself as that, sure, but I see little effective difference. if anything it ensured Finn's original default life situation would never again be threatened.
>>
the 3 leaked eps are all amazing. much better than summer showers
>>
>>78878041
ding ding ding. pun not intended
>>
food chain
>>
>>78878263
>The show sidetracked his little arc just because they wanted to show the audience that he was still super gross and terrible, for some reason.
I think the point was for Cinnamon Bun (yes) to inspire Finn to be a hero/better person. But as usual there was no follow-up to make sure Finn got some benefit or improvement from the terrible experience, so it's just another scar. bleh.
>>
Is there a mega of all the episodes? I would like to watch this but there is no general that has all the links
>>
>>78878367
That's Breezy you're describing.
>>
Breezy was the only time in my 25 years i've stopped watching a show based on a single episode

>going back to status quo
>Finn gets raped and it's perfectly okay because "he was asking for it"
>Twist with the Bee comes out of nowhere and makes no sense

I DID like what they were ATTEMPTING to do with having him get over his immature view of relationships or attraction or whatever, but if you flip the genders of everyone you realize how cruel and disgusting the ending of it is.

You'd feel bad if a girl wound up getting in over her head with sex, there's no reason not to find it equally as disturbing with a boy like Finn.
>>
>>78884590
Huh. I'd got it into my head that Red Throne was moynihan.
>>
>>78884356

What leaked episodes?
>>
>>78877162
I know it's a point where Finn stops being so mopey, but the episode was say to least underwhelming.

It could've been more.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x580
>>
>>78884669
i'm not of the opinion that men can't be raped, but how was it rape? she didn't force him. she took advantage of his uncertainly but he could've left at any time (I assume).

>I DID like what they were ATTEMPTING to do with having him get over his immature view of relationships
I don't know, I have a problem with the entire concept of it. I think the ep could only make his view of relationships LESS mature by stressing tru luv and/or absolute loyalty to one person, and also by associating the desire for sex with depression and generally "being in a bad place". you know what would have helped him mature? more sex. pleasant sex with people he doesn't hate. the writer dude was transferring his hangups and bad experiences onto the kid in a way that hindered more than it helped.
>>
You're hired to fix AT, what do you do.
>>
>>78884971
End it
>>
>>78884971
Finn needs to be the protagonist again. Not just in the sense that he is in most episodes, but the entire show is in service of his personal development. This thing where episodes can star any random character has gone too far. Too much choice turns writing to shit.
>>
>>78884971
Another apocalypse happens, shit gets real.
>>
>>78884584
pls respond
>>
It turned from a creative fun show with occasional dips into a darker tone ala Don Bluth into a really weird show where you can tell we are watching some writer project their psychosis on preexisting characters.

It was like watching someone have a mid life crisis.

"Jake can't have fun, he has to be a failed father figure who can't relate to any of his kids"

"Finn has to be a bumblefuck jackass after being a well meaning if naive hero character because all I can think about is how I wasted my youth and no way this imaginary character that doesn't even exist can get away with this"

And I am actually okay with tackling mundane issues, but Jesus it got boring, repetitive, and occasionally creepy.
>>
>>78877105
PB is a badass bitch, and one of the few characters on the show who isn't a fucking retard. Knows when to chill, puts her kingdom (that she built with her own hands) before everything, dabbles in all manners of crazy shit, and consistently shuts down that awkward 16 year old who can't take a hint.
At this point she's borderline anti-hero with the nasty shit she's done, and it's great.
>>
>>78885211
there is but I'm not going to give you the link.
>>
Red Throne.
>>
>>78877331
She isnt the main focus tho, you absolute tard. She had a miniseries where she was the focus. That is alllllllllllllllllllll
>>
>>78885315
Yeah... "great".
>>
The decline started with Fire and Ice, peaked at Breezy, then just became an awkward mix of shipping and completely unfunny artsy shit.
>>
I always remember The Monster as the first episode I truly didn't like at all. But in season 6 and even some of 5 I couldn't pick out any particular episode to dislike more than the others. The show just seemed to become less engaging to me the more deep it tried to be. Also the shows big fear in making any significant changes to the status quo hurts it a lot. Felt so fucking blue balled by that meteor "arc". Even the stakes arc which was great still had to bring things back to SQ. I don't think I can ever be as excited for Adventure Time episodes the way I used to.

The wacky episodes aren't very funny anymore

The serious episodes never have any lasting effect.

I don't really know what exactly should change to make the show better, but I'm definately not as engaged as pre season 6.
>>
http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/137096127844/5-nights-of-new-adventure-time-episodes-at

5 nights of NEW Adventure Time episodes at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network

——

ANGEL FACE - January 11th

written/storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim

——

PRESIDENT PORPOISE IS MISSING! - January 12th

written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Sam Alden

——

BLANK-EYED GIRL - January 13th

written/storyboarded by Seo Kim & Somvilay Xayaphone

——

BAD JUBIES - January 14th

written/storyboarded/directed by Kirsten Lepore

——

KING’S RANSOM

written/storyboarded by Andres Salaff & Hanna K Nyström
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>78894924
>two Xayaphone episodes in a week
>>
File: Box_Prince_Title_Card.png (791 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
Box_Prince_Title_Card.png
791 KB, 1000x558
I kind of dropped off from adventure time around the end of the 5th season, but one of my least favorite episodes is Box Prince.

It doesn't have the shitty forced drama of some other episodes mentioned here, but I think it is unforgivable boring.
>>
>>78895039
I watched the leaks for the first 3
and I agree with this guy >>78877714
>>
>>78895138
I always consider episodes like these to be worse than drama ones because at least in those episodes something fucking happens.
>>
File: bmo.png (335 KB, 1162x939) Image search: [Google]
bmo.png
335 KB, 1162x939
How do you feel about BMO episodes, /co/? Personally I skip them.
>>
>>78896800
In the past they were usually alright enough or even pretty good, though I felt BMO Noir was boring.

Nowadays they're not that interesting, and I'm not a fan of how they've pseudo retconned BMO into an infant that was always an infant. He was more funny as a sarcastic robot guy who just hung out with Finn and Jake.

I did really like Football though, I think because BMO wasn't really infantalized in it and it revolved around an interesting topic that actually had a satisfying finish.
>>
>>78877645
>>A king's Ransom
Hanna K and something Salaf
>>
>>78896800
they're fucking awful
>>
>>78884971
Resolve some of the half-done character stories (like Magic Man and Betty)
>>
>>78884971
Get an entirely new team of people to work on it, the current ones either aren't trying or don't understand the show anymore.
I don't think full on firing everyone is the way to go about that, but changing the positions they're in is for sure a good idea.

Adventure Time lives and dies on the voice of the person writing and boarding it, so if I can get a new set of dedicated people I think that's the best shot the show has at getting saved.

The fact that they have so many new people for season 7 is probably the best thing that's happened to the show in years.
>>
>>78896800
BMO is awesome, even if I agree they are doing too many episodes starring or featuring him/her he/she is still the cutest thing ever. You can't hate him/her
>>
>>78896800

BMO and Ice King were the best part of President Porpoise Is Missing. It's a shame BMO's own episodes don't have the same quality.
>>
>>78896800
whatever man i love BMO. BMO noir was such a good episode. and the one where we first met football
>>
>>78876820
I don't think Breezy was when I stopped watching the show, but it was totally when I stopped really caring about the show. I'd love to get back into the newer episodes for the plot, but I've heard it's just really deep lore backstory stuff, and it just doesn't interest me all that much anymore.

Still love some of the newer episodes. Hitman's fucking hilarious to me.
>>
>>78877714
a least blank eyed girl is average
>>
>>78899180
I kinda wish she turned out to just be some girl that liked Finn and was stalking him.
>>
>>78899570
>some girl that liked Finn

Doesn't happen anymore
>>
>>78877105
I see why she's your ex.
>>
>>78899646
Yeah...I know.
>>
>>78876786
all of them, they get unbearable in the later seasons
>>
>>78876786
I stopped watching the show after Breezy, just lost all interest whatsoever.

It used to be a fun show, but it became a pretentious circlejerk catering to weed smokers.
>>
File: 1425014486896.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425014486896.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>78896800
I like em. Bmo serves as an interesting contrast to Finn and Jake. Finn and Jake live and experience the world. Bmo makes his own world based on his experiences. I like this alot.
>>
File: 1425945604666.png (920 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
1425945604666.png
920 KB, 480x357
>>78899918
I have news for you. The show hasn't changed. Breezy was the stopping point for relationship stuff for the most part. There hasn't been anymore relationship focused stuff for a long time now. If you really have dropped the series and are not shit posting just give it a chance and pick it up where you left off.
>>
Breezy
Episode about Finn being sad so goes kissing is done very awkwardly
Breezy is weird, turns into a robot bee and fucks Finn's arm
Finn got raped by LSP
Regrows arm ruins that plot line
Finn loves PB maybe? but that comes to nothing
None of it was funny
>>
File: 1428297734253.gif (2 MB, 355x240) Image search: [Google]
1428297734253.gif
2 MB, 355x240
>>78900128
>Every episode has to be funny.
The way I see it. Breezy had finn get over his hang ups on the girls. Not that finn is still into PB. And if you actually watched the damned series it shows because they haven't done anything with relationship crap sense.
>>
>>78900109
>he thinks the only thing that's changed in the show is the romance
Do you watch the show anon?
>>
File: 1423698528458.png (24 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1423698528458.png
24 KB, 201x201
>>78900283
You clearly don't.
>>
>>78900109
>>78900225
god damn, just shut up and stop apologizing for this shitty show so much

straight up you sound like a fucking shill.
>>
>>78884356
No, stop this. People have been fed shit for so long they forgot what good AT was

This season has been mediocre at best and even then unsatisfying especially with stakes
>>
>>78900314
I do, and that's how I'm able to see the massive shifts the show's made. Thinking that the only thing that's changed in the show is Finn's romantic endeavors getting more focus means you either don't pay attention or only give a shit about shipping.
>>
>>78900225
Yes, a comedy adventure show should be

And he fails to get over girls at all there, in fact it reintroduced PB as a love interest when the show had gotten rid of that nicely. Seeing Finn reject her as he was confused was a good moment of growth. Also fuck it ruining the arm plot and for being such a shitty boring episode
>>
File: seinfeldcigar.jpg (10 KB, 288x306) Image search: [Google]
seinfeldcigar.jpg
10 KB, 288x306
>>78877105

is this why she's your ex?
>>
>>78898571
>Still love some of the newer episodes. Hitman's fucking hilarious to me
but that was season 2
>>
>>78876786
BMO noir
>>
>>78901890
*season 3
>>
>>78900225
>Breezy had finn get over his hang ups on the girls.
how though.
>gets sad
>hits on ugly girls
>ugly girls hit on him
>surprise, it's terrible
>???
>profit
as a "solution" to anything it was terribly dumb.

> Not that finn is still into PB
I guess, but that episode sure was weird about it. any casual viewer would see the ending as Finn recommitting to PB (as in, a romantic committment). surely the person who wrote it could see this?
>>
File: NIwzF0y.png (1 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
NIwzF0y.png
1 MB, 1065x902
>>78876786
Adventure Time has almost completely lost itself. It used to be about a boy and his friend//dog going on adventures and growing up. Slipping in intelligent concepts and making grow up with Finn.

Now the show is so hung up on keeping the female demographic in the loop that we hardly even deal with Finn anymore. And what we do deal with is BS heavy metaphors like the Comet. Now we have a whole spin off about Marcelline so the female audience has a power trip. A lesbian relationship for the LGBT/SJW crew and less and less about Finn growing up to become a Man. And dealing what its really like to Go from a Boy to a Teenage to a Man.
>>
>>78876786
Anything after Season 2 is pure garbage.
>>
>>78885315
>knows when to chill
From the rest of your post I ASSUME you're watching the same PB I am, but then you say this
>>
>>78902206
Are you watching the same show? He had literally no growth or development until recently. Things happened to him, but they didn't actually help him grow. He's actually becoming a more fleshed out character now. He's more relaxed and comfortable with who he is. He no longer feels the need to act out for attention or to do stupid shit for recognition. He takes his position as "hero" more seriously and actually tries to do good shit
>>
>>78885315
PB is a terrible character. She is badly designed. She was a goofy candy loving princess in first seasons, then regal, then a genius, then a tough girl and finally a tough, genius, lesbian. And it would all be fine if they didn't play that she was a genius all along.
>>
>>78902623
Early seasons were fun and interesting with Finn standing against evil and trying to keep himself as his definition of good. And starting to show interest in women. And form a relationship. And finding himself. Now he just stands around in the background more than half the time. I mean WTF was the point of Finns dad in the whole series. You can get all metaphorical about it all you want, but we wasted so much time with Finn trying to get info from his dad and getting nowhere then his dad is just gone. I get it sometimes in life you don't get closer, but damn that was a waste of time.
>>
>>78902623
>Things happened to him, but they didn't actually help him grow.
that's still true as far as I can tell. they're writing him as more serious (and boring) now, but it's not because of any particular event. he's easier to write this way.
>>
>>78876786
Everything after the first Fiona and Cake episode is pure unadulterated trash.

The show started as a fun adventure show and turned into yet another attempt at sexually corrupting our youth.
>>
>>78903036
This. Kids shows are not for kids anymore they are for women. Men and kids don't/can't watch this stuff anymore.
>>
Some of the best shit I've ever seen is in AT season 5 to 6, so no.
>>
>>78877730
So it's derivative and pretentious instead of banal. GG, AT.
>>
>>78896800
I despise BMO. It's incredibly selfish and when it acts out its fantasies, it usually ends up causing tons of damage and even sometimes harms or almost kills other people.
>>
>>78878022
Shit man, why'd you have to remind me of Chips and sodding Ice Cream.
>>
>>78876786

that season finale where Finn busts his dad out of Space Jail killed the show for me

this is it guys

it's Finn's dad

and the Lich

and all this satisfying world building and connecting of characters and stories from before

and oh shit finn loses his arm just like all dat prophecy hints and junk and whatever

oh

oh

oh

wait

Uhm, make the Lich a giant retarded baby and undo the arm thing as fast a possible. Hahaha you idiot you cared about the world building, this is just a cartoon FARTS
>>
>>78884971
Have plot developments MEAN something. Turn the status quo upside down. Implement changes that last more than 3 episodes, and set up a clear and coherent plan for the story like Sucrose intended.
>>
>>78891698
>characters in muh cartoons have to be morally black and white
>>
>>78894924
If Finn appears as a protag in even one of these I will be surprised.
Jake's at least a given with President Porpoise.
>>
>>78877234
haha are you kidding me? Unexpected? EVERYONE expected them to give him back his arm and go back to the status quo - we were just stupid enough to hope they'd be smarter.
>>
>>78900407
Yeah, that anon totally forgot about those amazing plot progressions! ...that had no impact on the status quo.
Or those visions of Ooo's future... that had no impact on the status quo.
Or the visions of Ooo's past, that had no - do you see where I'm going with this?
>>
>>78902623
Where the fuck are you getting all of this? His character has gone nowhere. And yeah shit had happened to him but didn't actually help him grow, but that hasn't changed. What gave you the notion that he is becoming more fleshed out? He always took his position as "hero" seriously and tried to do good shit, the difference is he actually used to get that shit done in the earlier seasons.
>>
>>78902206
I'm sorry but I do blame Pendleton Ward.
Reminder that the last episode he worked on was when Finn loses his arm (also the last time the Lich was threatening)

It was his show. "It got to big and I didn't want to keep working on it". Oh boo hoo. Your show got popular. You want done? Fucking finish it.

Instead he ran away like a baby and left it in the hands of hipster chucklefucks who ruined it
>>
>>78903585
Finn is basically the protag of Blank-Eyed Girl. He tries to solve the problem.
>>
>>78903521
Literal years of build up wasted.
>>
>>78876786
Any of the ones that had Finn romantically interested in anyone besides PB. The worst one I've seen is the one where he dreams about Flame Princess shooting his dick.
>>
>>78903882
This
>>
>>78903882
>>78903942
i get what your saying, but Tumblr SJW/lgbt were all up in his grill about the show. I get that he would just say "Fuck it, Nobody cares about Finn anymore. They just want Betty, iceking, PB, and Marcelline"
>>
>>78903665
The show's changed, but more in tone and execution than plot or anything easy to pin down.
>>
>>78904047
That's because you and Pen are both spineless faggots.
>>
>>78904563
Go Dox yourself on tumblr after sharing your cuck fanfics. I am sure you will fit in perfectly.
>>
>>78900338
You should probably just stick to DBZ, anon. It's pretty much made for you.
>>
>>78905291
dbz is my favorite show you cocksucker, watch yourself
>>
>>78905616
Oh dear
>>
>>78903545
That's not the problem you dirty little shit.
It is that a male character in the AT universe could never be so in charge and have their life on track because the whole thing is a sad projection of the eternal beta males working on the show. That's why Finn has to fail and be a pitiful whining little shit and why Jake needs to be a deadbeat dad. God forbid some positive male role models that could rival Princess Bubblegum. But no, all boys are icky spastics who need to be put in their place when they get too ambitious.

And before you launch into a knee-jerk reaction, shit is like this because the men working on the show are completely void of balls and have agreed that it would all be better as a female power fantasy which should take precedence above adventure, exploration and FUN. It's a depressing circlejerk and making Finn a sadsack who can never succeed just makes it all the worse.
>>
>>78903521
The worst part is the episode where Prismo comes back. Takes the edge off the episode in which he dies.
>>
>>78903521
Lich's fate was great.

>>78907852
At least it didn't happen the same episode he died in. But yeah...the impact of that was pretty great and heavy for AT.

Dirt Beer Guy is one of the best things they've done...though because killing RBG was one of the worst things they've ever done. The level of incompetence was mind-blowing. The DBG ep was a rollercoaster though
>>
File: 1435652437920.png (33 KB, 205x252) Image search: [Google]
1435652437920.png
33 KB, 205x252
>>78903665
>>78904065
The show has changed for the better. Its your expectations that need to be tempered. Can the status quo change? Sure. Can it be altered more sure. But thats not the point of adventure time. There is no deep rich universe here. Its just a simple show at its heart. You guys are seeing too much in nothing.
>>
>>78909893
>You guys are seeing too much in nothing.
We're seeing what they have shown us, which is too much nothing.
>>
>>78909893
I'm seeing that it doesn't make me laugh anymore, or even keep my attention most of the time. As much as I complain about status quo, if it was funny everything would be golden.

Anyway, people only complain about the status quo because the show itself constantly implies it wants to / is going to, change it. It's the writers' job to set up expectations, and what they've done has made everybody feel ripped off.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.