[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peanuts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 01_Entête_PNTS-1200x893.png (2 MB, 1200x893) Image search: [Google]
01_Entête_PNTS-1200x893.png
2 MB, 1200x893
Everything welcome.

I just found out about this French animated series which started in 2014. They're 1 minute or 7 minutes long, computer-animated but 2D.

Here's the English dub: http://normaal.fr/filmography/peanuts-de-schulz/?lang=en

And here's the original if you know French (I don't): http://normaal.fr/filmography/peanuts-de-schulz/

I discovered this through a blog post written a few days ago: http://aaugh.com/wordpress/
But the author didn't know about the English dub, so maybe it's just been released on the site: Perhaps it will start getting distributed abroad soon.
>>
>>78869643
Visually it's charming like the 3D movie but I do prefer the voices in the latter.
>>
>>78869643
>http://normaal.fr/filmography/peanuts-de-schulz/?lang=en

I hope MostOffensiveVideo gets their hands on these and make some parodies.
>>
>>78869643
thanks
>>
i didnt liked the movie, sorry /co/
>>
File: 1451891091970.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
1451891091970.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>78871687
>>
>>78873386
How did Charlie Brown grow up to become One-Punch Man?
>>
>>78873421
He didn't
>>
>>78869643
Can you post them on MEGA?
>>
Animation is great and the writing is cute but the VA's are pretty bad. Overall I'd watch a series.
>>
File: snoops.gif (2 MB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
snoops.gif
2 MB, 320x237
best gif ever
>>
File: 1347848795481.jpg (19 KB, 387x380) Image search: [Google]
1347848795481.jpg
19 KB, 387x380
>>78869643
>Peppermint Patty's voice in the English version
>>
>>78877820
is it that bad
>>
>>78879591
(watches clips)

Patty sounds... different. It's like they got a young girl with a really raspy voice instead of a sporty one to play her. It's not really wrong, it's just different.

The main comment I'd make is that the timing of the series in general is far too slow, even for "Peanuts." If it were tightened up even just a bit it would work better.

And for Sparky's sake, please get rid of the "Peanuts!" outcry from the kids for changing scenes.
>>
I remember this.
I was browsing foreign netflixes and found it with english audio in Japan.
>>
>>78871687
Neither did I.
There were some decent parts, mostly where Charlie Brown exhibits the positive qualities the Little Red Haired Girl praises him for later.

But most of the rest was shit.
The Snoopy parts were the fucking worst.
>>
File: IMG_9251.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9251.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I loved the movie. It was charming as fuck
>>
>>78881885
The Snoopy parts where there for the kids. And you know how things "for the kids" are always the thing that ruins kids movies. Still, they didn't take up as much of the movie as I thought they would. But if I ever watch this movie again, I'm skipping them.
>>
>>78881710
>(is a faggot)
ftfy
>>
>>78881885
>The Snoopy parts were the fucking worst.
Did they just forget that Snoopy has had many alter egos besides the flying ace? It would've been a lot more interesting if they showed a different one in every scene but still had it all tied together to a subplot about rescuing that girl dog.
>>
>>78883458
He was also Joe Cool in the movie. I would have been fine with them sticking to the flying ace the whole movie if they had actually remembered to write jokes for it. I don't think they had to use many different roles. Doing one well would have been fine.
>>
I just watched the movie. Pretty fucking great. Charlie Brown is hardcore.
>>
>implying the whole subplot of Snoopy trying to take down the Red Baron was just him preventing him from fucking with Charlie Brown, which actually happened
>>
File: hesabullycharliebrown.jpg (21 KB, 431x326) Image search: [Google]
hesabullycharliebrown.jpg
21 KB, 431x326
>>78884049
You should see him in this special.
>>
>>78884112
>takes responsibility of beating a bully that was stealing ALL the kids' marbles
>on his own
This niggah
>>
>>78884087
It was more like he was living his fictional romance through Charlie Brown's real one, which is why he was being so unusually helpful and why the tone of the story changed to match what was happening to Charlie Brown. It definitely served a purpose in the movie and it would have been great with better execution. It just was kind of boring. Just the fact that there's such a long action sequence in a Peanuts movie baffles me.
>>
File: Snoopy_Siblings_(45).jpg (278 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
Snoopy_Siblings_(45).jpg
278 KB, 720x537
>>78876429
The story was great, explaining Snoopy's back story. I liked his siblings too.
>>
Sequel where Peppermint Patty wins the ChuckBowl when?
>>
>>78884692
If she hasn't won the ChuckBowl yet, I don't think she can. Could she be any more direct than she was in this movie?
>>
>>78885005
yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGopQvlMDnY
>>
>>78887643
Eh. I could see why he wouldn't catch that one. He probably thought she was just messing with him. Anyway, that's an interesting fetish he's got there.
>>
>>78869643
The recent was pretty great as you guys said. The friendship between Linus and Charlie was a little underplayed though.
>>
>>78890284
>The friendship between Linus and Charlie was a little underplayed though.
Yeah, that and the pop music were the only bad parts for me.
>>
>>78873421

Squats
>>
>>78871687
I liked it but the structure of the movie was so off. It just felt like several high quality tv episodes glued together with little thought. Not to mention all the nostalgic fanservice
>>
>>78891153
The structure was great, but maybe I'm just more appreciative on a non-narrative structure.

And did you really not expect fanservice?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.