[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I alone in wanting the first Green Lantern movie to be about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (436 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
436 KB, 1600x1200
Am I alone in wanting the first Green Lantern movie to be about the Corps, and mostly be a buddy cop movie? I'd much prefer that to an adaptation of Johns' run on the title.
>>
>>78867922
Did they announce a reboot officially or something?

Because unless they did, I don't see there even being one. They tried and failed and it cost them a lot of money.
>>
>>78868353

http://www.slashfilm.com/green-lantern-corps-title/

>How exactly the Green Lantern Corps will fit into the DC Cinematic Universe is not yet known, but one or multiple Lanterns are expected to be part of the Justice League movies due out 2017 and 2019. Warner Bros’ Green Lantern Corps standalone movie will hit theaters on June 19, 2020.
>>
>>78868353
Yes they did - Green Lanterns, plural.
>>
>>78867922
They already utterly failed at adapting anything from Johns' run so they probably won't try that again

Although assuming they do focus more on the Corps they'll probably be taking a lot of elements from Johns/Tomasi/et al era GLC since that's the modern edition

I think the most recent rumor was a Hal/John buddy cop movie
>>
>>78868520

Oh boy. The least interesting Green Lanterns. I'm really excited now.
>>
File: kek sinestro.jpg (194 KB, 760x640) Image search: [Google]
kek sinestro.jpg
194 KB, 760x640
hal/sinestro is the best duo of the corps
does anyone has a kyle rayner reading order?
>>
>>78868459
>>78868430
Wow, I guess I just don't care about Green Lantern at all then.

>>78867922
To answer your question, I don't care apparently.
>>
Problem with GL is that it would be really expensive with all the CGI and it wouldn't be a guarenteed success.
>>
>>78870091

Maybe that's why it isn't slated to come out for four years, then? They want to watch and make sure that they'll get a good return on their investment.
>>
>>78868556
well not every movie can be about Mogo or Jack T. Chance
>>
>>78870244

I'm still bummed out that he's dead.
>>
guy and john, space adventure, they 'discover' the manhunter cover up becasue atrocitus launches an attack on oa and all GLs, they save the day, thanks to the ganthet experimenting with hope, hope+will beats rage, sinestro thinks will isnt enough and hope is inferior and leaves, (sequal plot) searches for stronger power (fear). Hal shows up at the end from mission to recruit a new lantern (mogo).

Means if Oa's destroyed then theres now a back up planet. Could be a plot point for the sinestro corps war or the war of light.

pretty much how the animated series did it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.