[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to watch these films besides the qt vampire girl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: hotel transylvania.jpg (55 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
hotel transylvania.jpg
55 KB, 387x580
Is there any reason to watch these films besides the qt vampire girl?
>>
>>78863186
>racemixing knows no bounds the movie
>>
Panty shots of the qt vampire girl

And the animation is a lot like classic Looney Tunes
>>
>>78864335
>Panty shots of the qt vampire girl
Wait for serious
>>
>>78864335
That's all I needed to hear.
Guess I'll watch it one of these days.

>qt vamp girl is all of my 7th grade goth dreams, minus a bad attitude
>>
>>78863186
The qt werewolf loli, obviously. I mean wtf Anon., it's not like you wouldn't?
>>
>>78864335
i dont remember a panty shot? source please
>>
>>78864875
too animalistic
>>
I didn't care for the characters, story, pacing, most of the jokes, and some other stuff... However, I'm glad that I saw it one time because the animation is wonderful. And as much as I thought a lot of the jokes were not very funny, somebody clearly put a lot of effort into them and I can appreciate that. Some people really really tried to make this movie good.
>>
>>78863186
Saw it yesterday. You could definitely see where Sony and Sandler were fucking with the production, and those parts are unbearable (see: that fucking end song). However, based Genndy makes some great visuals, and the tender moments are great. 6/10
>>
>>78864875
dude that thing is like 5 years old.
>>
>>78863186
The first movie is legitimately good. It's the best thing Adam Sandler has been involved in ever.
>>
>>78865857
>The first movie is legitimately good. It's the best thing Adam Sandler has been involved in ever.
Adam Sandler was involved at all?
>>
>>78864896
Seriously can someone get on this. I don't believe there were panty shots in a kid's film.
>>
>>78866088
You didn't see them?
>>
>>78865857

I liked the second one more, its like a road trip movie with all those old married guys trying to be young again.
>>
File: 1449138880449.jpg (160 KB, 1084x1036) Image search: [Google]
1449138880449.jpg
160 KB, 1084x1036
>>78864335
I've seen this movie so many times and I can't recall any pantyshots at all. And that's REALLY relevant to my interests.

>>78863186
It's one of my favorite movies and I've seen it over a hundred times. It's not perfect, especially considering what it COULD have been, but it's an interesting story with some wonderful visuals. It's some really nice eye candy with some funny gags. I wanted more plot though. The sequel is more of the same, with even less plot though the ending is pretty shit.
>>
File: 1441334791545.png (89 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
1441334791545.png
89 KB, 260x263
>>78863186
Do you REALLY whatch movies because of waifu faggotory?

Is this a real thing?

Do you waste time and whatch shit that you dont like, to jerk off to cartoon characters?
>>
File: kill urself my man.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kill urself my man.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>78866710
>posts an SU reaction image
>expects anyone to take their condescending attitude seriously
>>
i like it but I feel the wolf's story is way more interesting than vampSandler
>>
>>78863186
>Is there any reason to watch these films besides the qt vampire girl?

The MILF werewolf.
>>
>>78866665
>t's one of my favorite movies and I've seen it over a hundred times. It's not perfect, especially considering what it COULD have been, but it's an interesting story with some wonderful visuals.
That's pretty much what I've heard all over. It's not a HTTYD, but it's surprisingly competent.

Also, cute vamp girl
>>
>>78866068
He voiced Dracula. And completely fucked up the sequel's script.
>>
The main character is an annoying idiot, and because it's based on the shitty "instant magical true love" trope the relationship doesn't get any amount of depth whatsoever.

But Drac is fun and the animation is great.
>>
>>78867209
How did he fuck it up?
>>
>>78867214
At least they tried explaining the 'instant love interest' with the zing instead of it just being random.

Though, it's pretty much undone in the second movie. But at least it makes them have a real relationship with problems
>>
>>78866476
me neither can anybody give us a example
>>
>>78867209
>And completely fucked up the sequel's script
Not surprising, really
>>
>>78867239
The director, Genndy Tartakovsky, had an idea of how he wanted the movie to play out. But, Adam Sandler pretty much manhandled the production to be his vision, constantly changing and revising things to be with his sense of style and comedy. Genndy was a good sport about it though, and instead of just throwing shit together to please Sandler, he tried to mold the ideas into something with potential.

In the Sony leak a while back, it was revealed that some of the Execs even felt sorry for him and told their superiors that Genndy deserved some respect for putting up with Sandler and should be rewarded by being allowed to make the Popeye movie that he dreamed of creating. It got put into production, and even got a demo which I've linked before, but ultimately it got canned. Rumor has it that his other original Sony film, "Genndy Tartakovsky's Can You Imagine?", was also canned, but that's just speculation at this point. Though, Genndy is now working on the new season of Samurai Jack, but again, it's only speculation on what he is actually doing on the show at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lzJuwJD9k
>>
>>78867292
Even if it's explained, they still didn't actual give any thought to the relationship beyond "Oh, they love each other now."

Tbh, my main problem with the movie is the main character, and how dated it's going to be in like 5 years. The "relatable" surferdude/slacker protagonist, the LMFAO soundtrack, etc. isn't going to age well.
>>
>>78867490
Oh, I totally agree with you. It's rushed and cliche, but I at least appreciate the attempt.

All of that is a definite problem. Johnie was a little too goofy and out there and I feel like if this was for a different audience he would have been a stoner. His character really needed some refining, and you could see where it was lacking, like when Drac and him were discussing Mavis's mother. With Mavis, you had a good mixture of sizzle and substance, with Johnie you just got some outdated pop.
>>
>>78867640

It sucked how he went along with anything, Dracula even commented what a shit character Johny is.
>>
>>78867485
>Sweet ol' Gendy has to deal with Sandler
>Doesn't even get to do his own projects

I feel for him
>>
First one was alright comedy with some cringey moments. Second one is a far better comedy with not as many cringey moments. Both have the problem of ignoring at least one of the two lovers that are supposedly central to the films. First film ignored Vampire gf and focused and Dracula and ginger man. Second one focuses on Drac and Vampire wife and ginger man becomes literally useless.
>>
>>78867485
Everybody who worked with Sony got screwed over by the executive turnover.
Every original project that had a chance to succeed had to be shitcanned in order to make the old executives seem incompetent and let the new executives get a chance to shine.
>>
>>78867790
Sandler is such an asshole. During Billy Madison, during the dodge ball scene, he actually insisted on pelting the kids. He called his Manager the night before the shoot and told her it was happening, and he got incredibly heated when she told him he couldn't actually hit the kids even if he thought it was 'funnier'. He threw a fit until he got what he wanted for 'his vision' and in the film they had to cut away from the kids because they actually started crying in pain.
>>
File: 1451661611405.jpg (21 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1451661611405.jpg
21 KB, 500x269
>>78867485
>souless executives had a touching moment with Genndy because his habillity to deal with Sandler, and tried to help with Popeye.
>>
>>78867882
It's cause new IP aren't as profitable as the Smurfs are apprently
>>
>>78867967
I don't think that's exactly how it happened.

Genndy negotiated three movies with Sony.

At the beginning it was "fix Hotel Transylvania, (if that works) do Popeye, (if that works) do Can You Imagine."

Then HT was a huge success so they pulled Genndy off Popeye to make HT2.

And now we wait and see if Can You Imagine will ever materialize.
>>
>>78868037
Wasn't it Genndy's suggestion to do Popeye though? Even before he worked at Sony, he was really vocal about how much of an influence it had on him.
>>
File: polt.jpg (624 KB, 1368x2002) Image search: [Google]
polt.jpg
624 KB, 1368x2002
>>78864875

I hope she'll looks like this when she grows up.
>>
>>78863186
If you like wacky, Spumco-esque animation, these movies are amazing. I've never seen this kind of animation in CG before.
>>
>>78868021
Popeye isn't a new IP.
>>
>>78867954
Evidence?
>>
>>78863186
Too cartoony!
>>
So Sandler really is the worst being on the planet. A rich kid who has a tantrum until he get what he wants and never grew up.

I wonder what his "friends" actually think about him.
>>
The animation is exaggerated in a really cool way, and it looks amazing. Besides that, not really.
>>
>>78870945
I don't follow celebrity news or any bullshit like that, but the impression I generally got of people's opinions of Adam Sandler was that he's a nice, well-adjusted guy who just happens to make shitty movies. Does anyone have a source on his tantrum throwing stuff?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.